Fat Fat FAT

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well I knew it was going to happen soon.. I feel so fat! so lazy! and how many more months do I have of this? The 5 lbs I lost last month have been gained back this back week! yikes I know what you all will say.. but you are having a healthy baby.. blah blah blah.. right now I feel fat - more then normal.
    I will change my signature when I weigh in at the dr later this month. Hopefully, it won't be much more then 5-6 lbs.

Thanks for letting me have a little pity party

Dana
  • Yes, you are growing a healthy baby in there, blah, blah, blah! Even though you feel fat right now, you really are doing WONDERFUL!! Even if you have put on a few pounds, it's still less than most women at 4 months! I think that by that time I'd already put on 10...very unhealthily I'm sure! I ate ANYthing and EVERYthing I was when I was preggy. You seem to be doing SOOO much better, so be proud of that! Congratulations again!!
  • Awwww hon. Of course you feel fat. You've got a whole 'nother human being inside of you. But you're doing great and keeping up the good work. >>hug<<
  • I'm glad your pregnancy is going well Dana. You have done so well to maintain your weight up to now - but it's totally normal to be adding some extra weight now - your baby is getting bigger!

have you thought of any names yet?

Love Amanda x
  • thanks guys!

For a boy we are going with Isaiah and for a girl Rebekah

what do you think?
  • I think those are cool names.

Don't have a pity party! After all, you're pregnant.. (sorry, couldn't resist).

Does the doctor have any comment on the weight loss while pregnant?

My husband and I are "THINKING" (note the work thinking, most people don't seem to hear or read that word) about kids. If we are doing it, I can't wait until all my weight is gone to start trying. I'm already stressing my ob/gyn by waiting as long as I have. He wants me to start trying SOON, if we are going to try. (I already have 2 prescriptions for first line fertility drugs he wants me on when we are ready to start trying).

So... I figure my alternative was to still do my program while pregnant and in the least, try to gain nothing. I haven't talked to my OB about my plan, so I don't know what his reaction would be. I figure he won't say anything, he is one of the very few OBs I've been to that I can say just didn't freak out about my weight to start with.

Edit to add: My husband wants us to use Rebecca, as well (different spelling). That was his grandmother's name.
  • Dana -

You go ahead and have that pity party!! I remember all to well how pregnacy was. But hey, it's worth every moment. I am soooo glad to hear that things are going well. How cool that Sara will have a little baby brother or sister.

Jackie - My OB said she'd be happy with me @ 250 to start trying again. Your not very far from that at all.
  • I was about 215 or so when I got pregnant and gained 40 lbs. I felt like a complete whale by the end of my pregnancy. The great thing is that it was all mostly baby, placenta, water etc,etc. I lost it all by the 3rd week after having the baby. Sadly since then I've gained about 20 lbs. But anyway I really didn't worry about how much weight I was gaining, I really didn't. I did my best to eat healthy and what else can you do besides that?
  • I love Isaiah and Rebekah. Great names and very religous.... don't know if that would be a "pro" or "con" for you, but I love old Jewish/Christian names. Best Wishes, Dana!
  • Love the names. I have a Rebecca myself.
  • Dana

I like those names - very Biblical! I too like Biblical names - we are going to call our first daughter Naomi and a son Isaac or Joel. The Bible is a great book for finding baby names!

Love Amanda x
  • Great names.
    I had tons of days like that where I just felt fat and that I was going to balloon up. I gained about 20 pounds with Lilly and lost 12 pounds with William. I think you're doing a great job and you could've just had a water weight day.
  • You are not fat fat fat, you are preggy preggy preggy!!! Don't make me drive to the 'Bay & buy you a sundae!

Love the names. Is Sara excited?
  • mmmm ... a sundae! sounds good! Actually - I bought packer icecream on Monday.. lol - only had a small dish so far. They had little football shaped chocolates in it

Thanks so much everyone. I'm expecting about a 5-6 lb gain this next appt. and that's okay
  • Fat?! Try Pregnant with a healthy cute little baby in your tummy?

I'm glad to hear all is going well.. And, I love the names. And only 158 more days to go until a new little baby comes!

Sorry, I'm super mushy when it comes to babies these past couple days.. Our close friends just had 1 on Tuesday and its our first friends to have a baby! hehe!