Old 08-31-2004, 02:23 PM   #31  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike and in a few minutes I am trucking up to the gym to sign up for a membership. It is too easy to put off working out at home. I'll probably do a workout there today after the usual gym staff sales pitch!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:42 PM   #32  
Jen

EXERCISE ROCKS!!!!

I just came back from my first day at the gym. This is a really great place, I think I"m going to love it. Talk about huge! Must have about a 100 machines of all kinds and a swimming pool! I can hardly wait to get in some laps. Next week I am going for thi fitness evaluation and diagnostic testing which might be a bit scary as they do measurements, body fat and a bunch of other stuff then they design a program based on your goals. I'm really pumped about it all. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, did a couple minutes of jogging but mostly just a medium paced walk. Still I was sweating like crazy and beet red afterwards and felt like I had a great workout.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:11 PM   #33  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Congratulations Jen!!! I'm excited FOR you! That is just great -- can't wait to hear more!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:06 PM   #34  
Live for the Moment!

Sarah - I'm not on the Leslie wagon yet either.. But I'm feeling the pressure to jump aboard

Ladies - You are ALL doing fantastic! KEEP IT UP!!!

As for me Day #2 was a success too, I went to the gym and did 45 mins of cardio, abs and some stretching! Yipee! I'm gonna do it this time! Yup, yup I am!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:14 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Alright you girls!! Shelia and Sarah!! Waahoooo!! Leslie is coming to your house too!! I really missed her tonight... I went and got a new hair-do which I LOVE! It's totally short and all flippy!! I didn't get home until just a few minutes ago (10:00 pm) that's too late to get wound up!! SOOO tomorrow.. I get up extra early and get it all in!!

I ate a sub tonight.. a real one with real cheese (no mayo though) I ate 1/2 actually.. I swear, when you exercise the calories I eat in a day just aren't enough.. I am so hungry!! SO.. I will eat when hungry. But will not go over 1000. That should work out. I checked online and power walking 1 mile easily burns 170 calories!! I am doing 3 miles of power walking.. I am raking in the calories!! I thinnk the sandwich tonight was A-OK.. Believe it or not, I feel ok about it too.. Knowing that I have been burning like 500 calories more than normal and only intaking 800 per day!! Whew!

Tomorrow... ITS ON!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:20 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Photos, please!

I wish Leslie were coming sooner. She's waiting until September 9 to arrive at my house. My gym is closing down for maintenance next week, and although I can go to another gym, they don't have the same hours that I need nor do they have a pool. I'm sure I can think of something to do while waiting for Leslie to show up, though.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:59 PM   #37  
I climb mountains!

I just realized that I didn't give my update! I did my HIIT biking tonight after work, and after walking my dog for 25 minutes.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Day 2 - I walked with my sister... yup there she was a knocking again. We did the same route 1.8 miles. Later that day I did the 3 mile. OMG !!! It was a really great workout and I was so so tired afterward. All I recall is my couch calling my name and there I slept for 1hr. It was a nice nap!
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:57 AM   #39  

Well, the not-so-good-news is I didn't go swimming on Monday......I was just being very very very lazy (although I did shlep 10 boxes/bags of books downstairs and to the recycling place, so that must count for something, huh?)......but I did do my 30 mins of walking yesterday.....YEH!

Now, Sarah and Sheila, you guys are making me laugh....I was reading this thread and thinking hmmmmm, maybe I should think about that Leslie tape.....I have never ever in my life bought any kind of exercise vid/tape - I swim a lot, and use the gym....but maybe????? Could someone just enlighten me a bit and tell me what is so good about it.....?????

Well, I should be set for today.....its a 10 minute walk from my hotel to the office; and 10 minutes from office to train station.....and then another 10/15 mins from station to home......so today my exercise is programmed right into my day!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:01 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Claire.. I would be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to tell you about it! The walk away the pounds workouts are excellent. Basically there are three routines. A one mile, two mile and three mile super fat burning (my fav.) 6 months ago, when I started I did the 1 mile for a few days. Its very low impact walking in place a little arm movement, nothing strenuous. The 2 mile is a little more impact using weighted balls starting at the 1 mile mark. More intensity and a little more sweating. The 3 mile walk truly kicks my butt. Its power walking (all the walking is done in place) Large Strides side to side, kick backs, knee lifts, more time with the weighted balls and much more intensity. Now, if your looking for something where your bouncing all over the room or really really a ton of action (like step aerobics or something) then this might not be the best thing. It definitely gets my hearbeat going and I do sweat. I hop around a little more then they do on the video. The 3 mile is really fast paced. There are many different workouts that Leslie does. I have the get moving 1 mile. High calorie burning 2 mile and super fat burning 3 mile series. I got the weighted balls which are totally excellent. I have noticed a real change in my upper body since using them. They aren’t that heavy either. The best part about the entire thing is you can do them whenever you want and its great! I have incorporated the 2 mile in the am and the 3 mile in the pm. I highly recommend it! Ok I’m done with my Leslie soapbox!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #41  

Many thanks, Gretchen. Hmmmm. It does sound intriguing, and would be a good alternative for those days I don't swim or walk outside.......and I guess if I got the DVD I could do it just about anywhere, since I have DVD drive on my laptop. Will think about it a bit.....I guess I think I will feel a bit stupid doing it, but then.....who cares??????
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #42  
Getting back on track!

Hi
just reporting in day 3 - I did my bike ride. Everyone is doing so well. Artist - the thing I like about Leslie is she keeps it simple and doesn't make you dance all over the place.
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #43  
Jen

Hit the gym again today, did 35 minutes on the treadmill but at a little slower pace than yesterday. My legs were a bit sore so I didn't want to overdo and hurt myself. Met a guy I went to college with, he and his wife go to the gym at the same time so I'll probably run into them a lot. It was nice to catch up about some of the people we went to school with.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:55 PM   #44  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I have the two mile walk by Leslie Sansone and it starts with some of the things Gretchen mentiond. Like the knee lifts and something she calls a grapevine which is going from side to side. I am pretty much a wus and just walk in place while I watch it. Some of the other moves hurt my knees and back. I am hoping that changes as the weight comes off. Anyway I like to use it as a timer and motivater. I know I could just use a regular timer but seeing other people working out motivates me more.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #45  
I climb mountains!

I'm going to get the Power Walk Kit also, and maybe even the 3-mile for Abs DVD. Come payday, watch out! I'm Leslie-crazed......somebody HELP me! <----- (Done in a James Brown voice)