3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New here, saying hello! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/45837-new-here-saying-hello.html)

seashell 08-29-2004 12:52 PM

New here, saying hello!

Just wanted to say hi! I've been reading your posts and I love how supportive you are of each other. I've been on AOL low carb and dieting message boards and been razzed for "Letting myself" get so large. Your group looks so understanding, I hope you'll let me in? Please, please? :?:

I started Atkins on June 9, 2004 after being unsucessful at low carb for years. I actually gained weight on the program. My mom and brother had sucess with atkins, so I tried it for the 2 week induction period. What did I have to lose but weight right? Now, almost 3 months later, I have dropped 40 pounds. I feel wonderful. I have a ton of energy, no more fat pains and I don't hate the scale anymore. In fact, I have names the scale Glenda, the good witch!

This diet has been amazing. I still feel like I might wake up one morning in a fat haze. I can't beleive how fast my body is changing and the positive effects it is having on my life. I know it's alot to hope, but I would love to reach my goal weight of 165 by my birthday in February. If I continue to lose 15 a month, it's possible I suppose. Anything less than 200 would amaze and delight me.

As for the other personal info? Im 32 years old, living in ct. Im a divorced mom of 2 (12 B, 6G). I currently own a daycare center but it is for sale. Write me if you want to buy it! I don't know where I will be working when I sell / close. I just know it's time to move on.

I have 2 dogs, 3 cats and l love reading, hiking, music and chatting with nice people like you!

Hope you might let me into the club? Pretty please? :^:

glynne 08-29-2004 01:12 PM

Welcome seashell!!

It is a wonderful group of people here ~ encouraging, supporting and understanding of each other.

Jump in ~ post and enjoy!

tolose85 08-29-2004 01:20 PM

Welcome Seashell! You are MOST welcome here! This group is the right place if you're looking for support, motivation and positivity! Looking for a little challenge? We've got tons of those going on too. They are quite fun and really add a bit of "spice" to the mundane routine of daily life!

40 lbs down is awesome. Keep up the great work. It sounds like you are right on track! Don't ever give up! It can be done!

Looking forward to seeing you around here often!

Welcome Welcome Welcome.. We are SOOOOo happy to have you!

mezmerize 08-29-2004 01:22 PM

Shelley Welcome to 3FC 100club your really going to enjoy it here. The people here make weight loss fun in so many creative ways. I look forward to helping you on your weight loss journey.
Mez

howie6267 08-29-2004 01:29 PM

Hi Shelley, nice to meet you. I am glad you found this site. It is such a wonderful place for support. It amazes me what people will say. Sorry about the bad experience on the AOL an Atkins boards. It looks like you are doing a great job and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Annie-Rose 08-29-2004 01:38 PM

Hello!

Hello Seashell!
Welcome and.......40 pounds THAT'S GREAT! :bravo:

lessofsarahtolove 08-29-2004 01:38 PM

Welcome, Seashell!! :wave: Very nice to have you here -- I PROMISE you that noone here is going to razz you in any way at all. Sheesh, some people! :rolleyes: I am sure you're going to find in us here a tight-knit, motivated, knowledgeable, and eclectic group of kind people on the same journey. You are a most welcome addition to our group! :)

Great job jumping right in.....congrat's on your loss thus far, and best to you on meeting your Labor Day Challenge goal! You go, girl!

nelie 08-29-2004 02:31 PM

Welcome! It doesn't matter how much you weigh, all that matters is that you are working on losing weight.

Ivanna B. Skinny 08-29-2004 03:43 PM

Howdy Shelly!

Glad to see a new face here! You wont have any problems with razzing here--we're glad to have you join us! Congrats on the 40 pounds! It has taken me about 6 months to loose that much, but I wasn't very dedicated for a while. Thats another story though! Any hoo-- WELCOME, and GOOD LUCK!!

seashell 08-29-2004 05:13 PM

Thanks to all for our replies! You truly make me feel welcome and not alone in the journey. Im looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Br00klyn 08-29-2004 08:22 PM

Shelley - Welcome :wave: We're happy to have you here... You will find so many wonderful non-judging people with tons of inspiration, advice and great shoulders to lean on ;). What I love most is that everyone has their own opinions, ways of doing this but we're all trying to get to the same goal, which is what keeps us so close! :goodluck:

seashell 08-30-2004 09:56 PM

Hey Selina,

I have a halloween goal weight of 225 too! Race ya . . . LOL

Br00klyn 08-30-2004 09:58 PM

Well Shelley, make that you and I! :D We're in it together lady! And we CAN and WILL do it! Remember, one step at a time...

Cheers,
Celina

djs06 08-31-2004 08:02 AM

Glad you found your way to our little corner!! sorry you haven't had good experiences in the past with WL message boards (sheesh! how rude) but you will definitely do better here.

Good luck!