Old 08-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #1  
Losin' it forever!

Default What would you do?

In keeping myself revved up today (I had a pretty good day actually even though circumstances kept me from the gym), I started considering what some of the things are that I would like to do once I reached goal. Things I have been denying myself or simply am unable to do because of my weight. Here's what I came up with:

Learn to horseback ride. Have always wanted to, but right now, the horse would find it quite painful!

Go sledding with my kids.

Go hiking and camping-the for real stuff in a tent!

Have my navel pierced. This may seem odd for a 38 year old, but in the last few years in talking with different people about piercings, I said the only piercing I would want other than ears, would be my navel and only if I was thin

Now, how about you guys?
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:54 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Actually, even though i am far away from my goal at the moment, I have been thinking of what I will do:

1) Go biking, buy a bike (my butt is too big to do this now
2) Try skiing
3) Take a very active vacation that includes possibly some hiking/scuba diving/something else
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I would exercise because I wanted to .. not because it was healthy for me. Everything seems to be a chore. I loved when I was a kid and when skiing just because it was fun.
I don't want to ask - how much energy is this going to require?

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:33 PM   #4  
Getting back on track!

I am going to ...
Walk slowly from the beach to the sea in my swim suit. (Rather than getting as near to the water as I can before throwing my towel off and lying down as quickly as possible!!!!)
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #5  
missaprylj

Rock-climbing
Old 08-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

5. Walk the rim trail at Old mans cave. This is a wonderful place here in ohio and I have not been able to enjoy it since my back surjury.

4. Go to some sporting events with out the worry if I'll fit in the seat or not.

3. Buy a new bike.

2. Buy a new suit.

1. Renew my wedding vows and get a new wedding band.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #7  
Abby's Mommy

My DH and I have talked about renewing our vows,too. I'd have my wedding dress sized down, and have our pictures taken again. ( I think)
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I have several goals planned.
When I reach 225 I will learn to horseback ride properly (been on them a couple of times but was really scared. We own horses and I got married on horseback)
When I reach 200 I will learn how to team rope, something I promised Jeff I would do if I got down that far. May even try barrel racing since we have an arena in our back yard.
175--get a tattoo
and goal 150 -- have a weekend spa getaway.

Speaking of renewing vows—my hubby had to agree to renew ours on our 10th wedding anniversary since I wasn't going to be able to have the wedding of my dreams the first time so I have it planned out, now just have to save up the money and wait 7 1/2 more years for it to get here.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Lets see,.. this is going to be waaay in the future, sicne i just started on 8-12 but when I get thinner i want to:

Go to the St. Louis Arch and be able to walk around
Go to a Cardinals ballgame (i wont have to worry about all the walking and I will fit in the seat!)
Take a walk around the neighborhood with hubby :-)

i think it would be neat to do this in one weekend,..stay at one of the st louis hotels over the weekend,.. that sounds fun,..maybe next summer:-)
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:32 PM   #10  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Being a fat chick makes me want to stay at home for everything. I missed out on Christmas parties, going to the lake or gulf... I really want to use my husbands jet ski, but I am scared that I will get on it and it will sink really low and I'll be embarrassed.

I plan on going to my DH's company Christmas party this year. (If I can get over my problem leaving my daughter with someone other than at school). ANd next summer I am riding that jet-ski.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Go to my next high school reunion.

For me now, it's more a question of what I can do given some health problems. I'm feeling pretty good about my body at this point. If I didn't have those health problems (which are not related to weight, by the way), I would:

Go backpacking and hiking.

Go kayaking.

Go camping.

Travel more.

Learn how to dance and go dancing.

Play volleyball.

Drive places by myself.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote