wowsers!

• I've been glued to the TV watching the Olympics for the past few days (my all time fav sports are swimming and gymnastics), and I'm just so amazed at how they move! I'm totally motivated to get moving, and get back into the pool (swimming is my first love)! I was talking with my friend and watching swimming, the women's 200IM, and as they raced down the pool, my friend says to me "wow, can you imagine doing that?". And I replied, "actually, I can, and infact, I used to do that". So obviously I couldn't do it in time they do it in, but I'm sure it hurt me just as much as it hurt them. It just gives me a sense of accomplishment, and I feel like I could do it again. I am actually so motivated I'm going to dig out my goggles and swim cap and hit the pool tomorrow! It's possible that it's the key to my weight loss, because swimming doesn't ever feel like exercise to me, just more of a hobby. Anyways, I just wanted to share that moment with you all
  • That's great, Aimee!! Good for you, and I think it's a WONDERFUL idea! Now I'm getting the name!

Hey, how's Aimeepalooza going?
  • Amanda- I am T- Totally addicted to the Swimmnig in the olympics. Those athletes are simply amazing!
  • lol How many people did I tell about "Aimee-palooza"? It's going fine, heh.

Gretchen - it helps that they have fantastic bodies, Ian Thorpe is my fav to watch swim, he just looks like he's out for a leisurely swim, not competing for gold.
  • Aimee, I agree! Any source of motivation is great- and the olympics has to be the coolest thing to watch, ever. I used to be a competitive swimmer too- and I really miss it! Good luck getting back in the water. I think you'll get back into it really quickly.