Old 08-14-2004, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Everyone....

I don't know if you remember me or not(you probably do) but the kids(Katy and Christian) and I went offline back in March do to a move do to their father and I separating. The kids and I lived at my parents house from March till just this past weekend(Sunday August 8th).

The kids and I are now on our own. We moved into our own place this past Sunday(August 8th). We are doing pretty good. Katy loves our new place and has a lot of friends to play with here already(she's such a social butterfly). Christian doesn't seem to mind it too much but the big changes seem to have him a bit out of sorts(mostly in the afternoon and evening)...he went through this when their dad and I separated and the kids and I moved to my parents place. He will come around though eventually in his own time. I myself am liking it here so far. I have gotten to know a couple of the neighbours in the complex here the few days we've been here so that makes things a bit easier too. Unpacking is coming along, but is hard because my muscles are sore and tired from the move and I also picked up a cold(it started a few days ago), which makes me feel like crap, but I am still happy anyhow.

The kids seem to be adjusting pretty well to a new life. Katy is the one that first had a very hard time of it because she didn't understand why we were separating. She even asked why we all(ex's new girlfriend too) couldn't live together. It's been a little bit hard on me. I am very angry with my ex for what he has done to us and such but I remain civil for the kids sake...it's not their fault. It hit me hard when my ex told me that him and his new girlfriend are expecting in January(which means that he got her pregnant only 1 month after we separated). The biggest reason it hit me hard was because his excuse of us separating was because he couldn't pursue an acting career(which he doesn't even have) with us, then goes and makes a whole new family. I told him that he better not forget about Katy and Christian. I personally think he wanted out of the marriage because the kids(especially Christian) took a lot of my attention, and he found a new person to pay more attention to him.

I have to say though I think this is all for the best because he was very controlling over money...I had to ask for money for anything(kind of like a little kid). Plus he would basically neglect us too...he was either sleeping, on his computer in the basement or at work...it seemed he had absolutely no time for us. So we are better off just the 3 of us. Plus it makes me feel a bit freer(sp?).

I haven't jumped back on the weightloss band wagon yet as I just don't feel ready yet, I want to get our lives under control more first then will pursue weight loss.

Anyhow that's our update...sorry it's like a novel...if you read this far, congratulations and thank you for taking the time to read about how we are doing.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Look at that red hair on your daughter! It's beautiful! I have a red-headed girl, too. When she was younger, she HATED when people would oooh and ahhh over her hair, but now that she's 15, she takes pride in being a "real" redhead.

It sounds like you guys are doing well. It's tough going, but you'll make it. As for your ex, it's his loss, isn't it?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Welcome back Jen!

Congratulations on being so strong and doing what is best for the kids. That always impresses me. I'm glad you're back and can't wait until you start posting regularly again. Jump right back in, great things have been happening here since you left. Did you get to met Gretchen (tolose85) yet? She's kind of our shining star these days, and I'm sure she'll inspire you as well. Welcome back!
Old 08-14-2004, 04:02 PM   #4  

Welcome back Jen! Of course we haven't forgotten about you. I'm glad things are going so well for you and I hope you check in here often, even if you aren't ready to lose weight.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Jen!!! So glad to see you back and that things are getting back to a better state. Are you still around where you lived before or are you in a totally new city? Take care and post often!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:32 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Of course we remembre you!!! (((HUGS))). I'm glad that things are working out for you!!! Look forward to hearing more from you!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:02 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Hi Jen!! Long time no hear! It's wonderful that things are starting to go your way. You've had such a hard time these past few years.
I am pregnant with my second child. I hang out here just so I don't gain too much weight!!
Keep in touch!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #8  

Jen, it's great to hear that you are getting back on your feet. I can certainly relate to what you are going through. It takes alot of time and patience but the kids will adjust. A year from now you will be enjoying your freedom and your life with your kids more than you can even know at the moment. I hate to see when the kids suffer because of what is going on, but being with him would have been even worse for the kids than what they are going through now. Hold your head high!! You are doing a fantastic job at getting your lives back in order.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote