calling all cooks who hate long ingredients

• problem here guys....i hate long ingredience in cooking, ya know the recipes that call for ten different things that you never heard of but the author expects you to cook this way to remain thin!!!!!! oh come on now..whats that all about? so here i am asking for a hand in the kitchen..does anyone know good recipes that are short? maybe a dinner recipe or lunch that can be dinner too? all right , truth be it, i hate to cook..im outed..so how about it gals and guys..recipes for this hate to cook gal? ill be looking...
  • Bubble Up Pizza

1 pound ground sirloin or turkey pepperoni
    1 (15 ounce) can seasoned tomato sauce for pasta ( like Hunt's)
    2 (7.5 ounce) cans Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits (quartered)
    1 1/4 cup shredded pizza cheese

In a large bowl combine sirloin, tomato sauce and biscuits. Stir gently, pour into a 13 x 9 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 10 minutes more. Let set 5 minutes before serving.

8 servings @ 7 points each (this is Weight Watcher points)

You can add veggies like peppers, onions and mushrooms.
  • Pierogi Casserole

12 Mrs. T cheese and potato pierogies- cooked as directed
    Place in a sprayed baking dish.
    In a saucepan combine and bring to a boil:
    1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
    1-10 ounce can white meat chicken
    1 cup frozen peas- thawed
    1 can mushrooms
    Spread this mixture over pierogies. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
    4 servings @6 points each
  • Chicken Enchiladas

1 can enchilada sauce
    4 chicken breasts (cubed and cooked) - I find using canned the easiest
    1 cup fat free sour cream

Mix all the above heat until warm, serve over rice or noodles. I also like to put some of the chicken into a tortilla shell, roll it and cover with the sauce.
  • with some cooked chicken - either one you bought or one you actually <ack!!!> cooked - you can:

make a big pan of roasted veggies and use them in salads, pasta dishes, as side dishes. add cheese, meat, tofu, beans to for the protein. a great dish: a small baked potato topped with warm roasted veggies... as a side dish to some chicken, fish, meat, whatever.

hope this helps...
          • inca's momma and jiffypop..a big thank you..great ideas..jamalyn
          • I recommend getting an indoor grill (Like the George Foreman one)...

You can cook any meat you want within 20 mins, and then you just have to bake a potatoe, make a salad or do whatever you want for side dishes!
          • My fav thing to eat, and only takes about 20 minutes total to make is a curry stirfry with rice. I got used to having white rice because it takes a LOT less time, but on a recent brown rice kick I made a huge pot and kept it in the fridge for heating up. Anyways! I cut up chicken breasts, stir fry them until they are 90% done, and then add broccoli, cauliflower and sometimes carrots, heat that for a few minutes, and then add a tbsp of Patak mild curry paste, then add soy milk (I'm sure milk would work fine, I just don't drink milk) I use maybe half a cup, and mix the curry paste in. Let it simmer for a few minutes, and put over rice. It doesn't take too long, tastes good, and heats well for lunch the next day!
          • I like brown rice with beans for dinner sometimes.... you can use black beans or chili beans. Flavor the beans with chili powder, curry, lime, anything. Yum.
          • I found a great chicken stroganoff recipe, but it's in a crockpot. I love crockpot cooking because you just dump it in and forget about it.

1 lb. frozen boneless chicken breasts (if thawed, just cook less time)
            1 can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
            16 oz. carton fat free sour cream
            1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot MIx the other three ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 7 hours (or less if chicken isn't frozen). Serve over rice or noodles, if desired. Makes six servings.
          • I hate to cook. This is the most complicated meal I make!

Bean Thing

1. Dice vegetables to sautee in a little bit of olive oil, along with some chopped-garlic-in-a-jar. I usually go with onions and/or green and red peppers. (Since I'm lazy I usually go with chopped frozen onions. If I'm really lazy, I get the diced green and red peppers at the grocery store.)

2. Add 1 can black beans, 1 can red beans, and 1 jar (regular size jar) salsa of your choice.

3. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes.

If you use prechopped vegetables, even just plain chopped onions, this is super-quick. I get the chunkiest salsa I can find for my 'veggies'.

Serving suggestions: over various types of rice, wrapped up in a tortilla, on a baked potato, or oven-toasted on English muffins with a bit of shredded cheese as Mexican pizza.