Tgim!

• Thank God It's Monday! Except not quite, I had quite the weekend! Little sleep, lots of coffee, Szechwan, Falafel Pita, and the list goes on! I stuffed my face! My brother and his girlfriend came to town, which they haven't ever done, my brother gets very little time off (poor lil baby, makes more money in a month than I make in a year, but only gets one weekend off a month), so we went all out! We had late nights, went to the big fireworks finale, power shopped and did some walking along the ocean. It was a great weekend, but I feel ready to pass out and sleep for a couple days. On the plus side, I am still enjoying my unexplained weight loss, this is week two of it, and I'm down 6 pounds. I have NO idea why, I'm still doing my same of thing, maybe I'm walking a bit more.. but I generally walk a min of 2km's a day. Either way, I don't mind I just wanted to make a quick apology for my entry about my birthday, I realize some people might have seen it just as general complaining, it really just is an issue of mine, and the purpose of it was to see if I was alone in my panic. I hope you all had as great of a weekend as I did, minus the mass amounts of food!
  • hey swimgirl!

It sounds like you had a fab weekend - we all have those blow outs now and again (some of us more than others! ) It sounds like like you're not beating yourself up about it, which is great - and who knows, maybe all that 'power shopping' burned more calories than you think!

Love Amanda x
  • I don't think that I have ever thought TGIM! Yikes! Mondays are always just the hardest day. We all wake up wishing we had one more day of the weekend.

Sounds like you had a fabulous time with your brother. Good job on not beating yourself up for it!!!
  • I'm with Sandi on the Mondays. But with a great weekend like yours sounds I think I would look forward to Monday as well to share in my excitement.
  • I'm with Sandi and Dawnyal on regular Mondays'... but, today's okay because I have the day off and I'm going to see Don Henley tonight!

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Good job for not feeling guilty on the treats you had.. That's life and those things will always be apart of it.. It just depends how often you're having them!
  • Hmmm, I think it's easy for me to not feel guilty because I'm not trying to diet, except I got on my scale this morning an am down 2 pounds from a week ago. I started taking 5HTP yesterday, it's supposed to help with carb cravings, and it has some B6 in it too, so that might help with some weight loss. I'm flying high today!! And I LOVE Monday's, because I always work weekends (ick!!), and always have Monday off, so it's my day to sleep in, get some laundry done, and hang out with my boyfriend (who also gets Monday's off). I'm going to see if I can find a Szechewan place near my house, because I'm ADDICTED!!!