Has Anyone Tried Any New Recipies Latley??

• I made a delish soup/chowder tonight! I didnt really measure anything, so I'll "guesstimate" for the recipie.

Potato, Carrot, and Chicken Chowder
    3-4 lbs potatos (depending on how many you are feeding) peeled and cubed
    1/2 bag baby carrots, cut in half
    1 small white onion, sliced
    2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
    1 can fat free condenced milk
    low fat cheddar cheese to top with
    salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

Put potatos, carrots, onion, and chicken in big pot. Add some salt and pepper. Cover with water. Boil for approx 25 mins, until potatos are soft. Drain off about 1/2 of the cooking water. Smash up some of the potatos to thicken. Add can of milk. Cook on low for about 10 more minutes. Add garlic powder,salt and pepper to taste. In the bowl, top with cheese.
    YUMMY!
    If its too thick, thin with skim milk.
  • MMMMM,that sounds delicious! I'll have to try that one.
  • I made a very nice pasta salad over the weekend that was new for me and also I tried barbequing a roast beef for the first time and it turned out so well!!! I seasoned it with sage and onion salt and wrapped it in several layers of aluminum foil. Put it on the bbq on high heat and turn it every 20 minutes, I left it on the bbq for 2 hours, it was a med/sm sized roast. It was magnificent, really tender too. The pasta salad was made up of cooked vegetable fusili (about 3 cups), 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese, 1 red pepper chopped, 2 green onions chopped, 2 c blanched brocolli florets and 1/2 c (approx.) Kraft Sundried Tomato and Oregano salad dressing. I also added in 3 grilled boneless and skinless chicken breasts and that was supper. I'm not good with pasta salads but this one was pretty good.
  • YUM! Amy-Jo, that sounds fantastic.... I haven't tried any new recipes lately, although I have a few on my list to try this week once I get groceries, so I will definetly share them then.