Old 07-21-2004, 09:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Mez... Don't be so down on yourself! Youre headed in the right direction and I just KNOW that youre going to do this... for real! We're all here to help out whenever needed! We all plateau! We all have our off days! The best part about all of that is that the very next minute, you can pick yourself right up and keep on goin'.

Congratulations on a good start! Happy belated Birthday to you too!! WELCOME to the group we're real glad to have you!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:38 AM   #32  
Live for the Moment!

Ladies - I hear ya on the boob thing too... too funny!

Congrats to everyone on their fantastic loses! Did I expect anything less though?

I don't weigh in until Friday so I'm still waiting to step on the scale... Here's hopin' for a loss for me... I'm hoping to be under 250 by the end of next week
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:29 AM   #33  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey you think you all have problems try having boobs when your a man. LOL I hate the fat in that area most of all.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I hear you guys on the boob thing! EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I am hoping for a breast reduction after I lose the weight. Even at 160, my chest was still abnormally large. I've really alwasys hated it! grr.

Howie- LOL. my best guy friend used to swear his "boobs" were bigger than mine.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:35 PM   #35  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
Hey you think you all have problems try having boobs when your a man. LOL I hate the fat in that area most of all.
Howie, being the "girl girl" that I am, there are so many ways I could respond here -- -- but I'm going to take the high road and simply reply that I think you've just GOT to be studly, being the guy that you are. And I sure haven't seen or heard any complaints from Ms. Kimberley! Hey did you hear me calling you earlier?? I'm glad you're back!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:38 PM   #36  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06
I hear you guys on the boob thing! EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I am hoping for a breast reduction after I lose the weight. Even at 160, my chest was still abnormally large. I've really alwasys hated it! grr.
Dana, I had my reduction when I was 118 pounds......and I thought I needed to go on a diet! I had 6 pounds removed, so I guess I sort of did! I was pretty offended though, when they came back when I hit 160! My fear now is that I'll get down to 135 or 140, and end up with these little sacks hovering around my midsection. Oh well, what are you going to do, right? It is what it is......
Old 07-22-2004, 12:41 PM   #37  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

I'm having a hard weight loss and exercise week and could use some encouragement.

Last week I didn't lose and that was kind of disappointing. All week I've been so exhausted and I'm not sure why. I haven't been on the treadmill since Sunday (I usually walk 5 days a week but haven't at all yet this week) plus I had french fries from a restaurant for the first time in over 6 months yesterday, for which I feel really guilty. I don't know what my problem is. I've been so successful and have felt so much better losing the weight and exercising. I have no idea why I'm having such a difficult week. I feel really down emotionally too, although I should be thrilled because I bought the car I've always wanted as my summer car this weekend but I just feel drained and totally out of it.

Any suggestions on how I can get in the swing of things?? Thanks for any advice you have for me.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:56 PM   #38  
Abby's Mommy

Ive been having quite a hard time getting myself motovated also. The best advice I have to offer is to go for a walk. Just start back slowley. Go for another tomorrow, and the next day,etc,etc. Don't let yourself give up. You've had too much success to give up now! Also, check in here often, and post,too. There's always some here to "talk" with.
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 04:26 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Ingrid

I just started W W Pure Points (I'm on week 3) I'm not real strong yet. I've been trying to think positve. I ran across this thread on 3FC http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38806 (Make sure you read the Qoute from Meg-it's mid page) All that was written really made me think. It gave me the strength. When I'm down it helps me to put on music. Forget about the fries you ate and think of right now and what you can do. If your tired maybe your body is trying to tell you something. Maybe you could do another exercise beside walking. Maybe dance in the living room to the music your listening to. Just try something that gets you moving. I personally have a hard time getting started but once I'm finished I feel great! I hope I've helped you.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:39 PM   #40  
I climb mountains!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerize
I've been trying to think positve. I ran across this thread on 3FC http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38806 (Make sure you read the Qoute from Meg-it's mid page) All that was written really made me think. It gave me the strength. Mez
Mez, I absolutely LOVE that you shared this post from Meg. She is amazing and wonderful, and more than a little inspiring. She's also a real sweetheart, too, if you get the chance to talk to her!

I also love that you referred to consciously staying positive -- that is so much of the battle, in my opinion.

Staying motivated in weight loss: It's like that saying, "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." I just find that so true, and so applicable to this whole process. I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling very successful in my efforts thus far if only because I have not allowed myself to get intimidated by the length of the journey before me, or sad because of it's hard, or sorry because I don't have the same leeway as most of the people around me and must now pretty much restrict myself to healthy food. I just keep plugging along and putting one foot in front of the other, and taking it one choice at a time. I have no doubt in my mind that I will achieve my goals, because I am surrounding myself with positive people and messages, and I am proving to myself that I can make the right decisions and remain committed to my own positive change.

I'm certainly not "all that," and I'm a looooonnnnnnnggggg way from perfect (or thinking I am,) but I do know that somehow believing in myself and staying positive in word and deed is what's moving me along and keeping me motivated overall. There have been a few times since March when I've felt less motivated....overwhelmed and sort of de-engergized, and what I did was to get more information, learn more about nutrition, or exercise, or the benefits of HIIT, or whatever. And coming here to share that information with someone else, or in a thread, reenergizes me also. I agree wholeheartedly with the walking idea. Moving my body and breathing deeply, and being in nature really helps to recenter me. (And it's even better with a dog! )

I also get energized reading about successful people's experiences. If they can do it, why can't I? It's not some sort of supernatural or miraculous achievement; it's physiology. And psychology, more than that. And at the root of it, I believe, must be the belief that you deserve to be happy, you deserve to have the life you want and be who you really want to be. And that's the inside work, not the outside work. But they hold hands, the two, and even if you can only concentrate on one at a time, they're both impacted.

Ingrid, I want to help you. What is it that you're feeling specifically? Or maybe it would help if you could say what normally gets you out of a slump -- any old garden variety slump, doesn't have to be a weight loss-related slump -- think about what's worked for you in the past, or what normally makes you happy...... I must say it was very wise of you to turn to us for help. That's absolutely what we're here for. Come back right away and talk to us some more. Also, if you ever want to chat, feel free to PM me if you feel like it.

Best to everyone!
Old 07-23-2004, 02:56 AM   #41  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie6267
I hate to be a wet blanket, but when my ex got to his goal weight, he still had them.

He eventually had to have reduction surgery. He also had a tummy tuck. He looks great, but feels even better about himself.

I should mention he was chubby as a little boy & that's when he developed them. Not sure if it'll be the same for you.

And I weighed in at the hospital where my father is & THAT scale said 296, setting off a binge that has lasted 2 days.

PSA: when you are visiting someone in the hospital, DO NOT bring unsolicited foods!!! He sent me home with cookies, muffins, chips, pretzels, Twizzlers, etc. He's not in the mood for ANYTHING. I, however, WAS after getting off the ing scale.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #42  

Ingrid. What can we do for you? Would creative meal planning help? I have tons of recipes. I am willing to share all the "tools" I used. its ok to be unmotivated for a second... We'll help you get right back on it!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:33 AM   #43  
Losing Again!

I was down 1.4 this morning. Kind of disappointed with that, I was so on track to get my 75 pound magnet until I talked to my friend in CO on Wednesday night. "Celebrated" that with a drive through Taco Bell. Nothing had really sounded good all week. So I'm okay with things. I just have 2.8 to go til my official WW 75 pound mark. And I'm finally close enough to Onederland that I can see it on the horrizon Have a great week everyone!
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:50 AM   #44  

You are doing great Dana! Keep up the good work.. You'll get there!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:08 AM   #45  

My official weigh in day is sunday, but this thread made me feel like taking an early peek, lol. It said 262...which is 7 pounds down so far since last saturday!! It's weird, because I didn't change what I ate so much, just how much of it, and I'm more concious of my choices, and it's making such a huge difference, I know the speed will level off, and that's okay because it should, but the quick change is making me feel really positive about nipping this in the bud, lol. Thanks for the support, I don't think I coulda been down these seven if it werent for your support, guys! ~Alison~
NYCchik is offline   Reply With Quote