Old 07-08-2004, 12:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome welcome Ingrid! We are VERY HAPPY to have you! We are a great group for support and encouragement!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:48 PM   #32  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Down 4 more lbs this week. I was surpised it was that much after the last two weekends. I am so happy.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #33  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up How-wie! How-wie! How-wie!

HOWIE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you!! You know, I would think you'd be losing weight at 1800 calories a day, you disciplined man! I'm really proud of you, Howie....great job! Kimberly must be so proud of you, too!!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #34  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Congrats Howie. That's a great weekly weight loss! You must feel great about it!!!

I'm trying to average 2 lbs per week and anything above that is excellent so in my book you couldn't be doing better. Keep up the great work!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:26 PM   #35  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger766
Congrats Howie. That's a great weekly weight loss! You must feel great about it!!! Keep up the great work!
Oh, now, I definitely like this Ingrid! She's a very welcome addition to our supportive group!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:27 PM   #36  

Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo

Way To Go Howie...

Yeee Haw!!

Old 07-08-2004, 06:07 PM   #37  
Exercise Vidiot

I stayed the same for the 6th week in a row. I'm trying not to get frustrated with that. I know I've gained muscle and lost fat but I just want the scale to move down. Anything - even half a pound will make me happy. I'm so close to my goal. I am not going to give up on myself this time.

Here are my victories for the week: I am now wearing size 10 jeans and wore a bikini in public for the 3rd time this summer at a beach party on the 4th.

Next week I will lose at least half a pound!
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:20 PM   #38  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats everyone!!!

My gym closed, so I haven't been on the scale this week. Next week for sure!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #39  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Thanks everyone it sure feels good. And great job everyone else. Kimberley lost 2 this week so that makes a total of 15 for her. I feel so revived. I was really down for the mistakes I made the last two weekends but even so I got a great payoff. I will be in control this weekend. Only one treat night. Even if I did lose weight I almost lost control and that is what scares me.

Lori just hang in there you will see it come off.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:31 PM   #40  

Howie - CONGRATULATIONS, man, you are doing so well......just learn from those mistakes, stay on track this weekend, and you will be rocking!

Fitbabe - well done on maintaining such a fabulous weight loss. You must be feeling great and looking great. As to those last few pounds....don't give yourself a hard time, you'lle get there, just enjoy the Summer in that bikini!

Ingrid....welcome, welcome, welcome. You're right, we're a great, supportive, fun group, and it looks like you've done a great job so far.

Everybody else doing so well - congratulations......there is some serious weight loss going on here!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:04 PM   #41  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Default The Hammer's wife weighs in :-)

Actually, folks, Kimberley lost three pounds this week! I just weighed and it said 257. If I leaned back, 256, LOL. There's the true weight and the leaning weight, ya know.

You guys are such an encouragement! I can't let ya praise Howie more than me, though!

You da man!
I love you!
I'm proud of you!

(Those of you who don't know, Howie's my hubby!)

Last edited by Gardenwife; 07-09-2004 at 01:21 PM. Reason: correct title
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:43 PM   #42  
I climb mountains!

Congratulations, Kimberley!!! Great job on the 3 pounds!! Doesn't it feel great???

Howie, don't be too hard on yourself, and keep your chin up. Keep your mind on the big picture, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Think of how far you've come!! You're doing SO, SOOOOO well, you can't let the slip-ups demotivate you or slow you down. I'm so glad to hear that you're "revived" and that you showed another 4-pound loss! I completely understand feeling afraid of losing control entirely and slipping into old behaviors, and I think you're right to dial it back to just one treat night. Is that a single treat meal? Or an entire night?
Old 07-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #43  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Is anyone else scared about maintenance at the end of all this? I know I'm looking WAY into the future but....

I know how to lose weight but I have no clue how much fat, calories etc I'll be able to have to maintain and how much I'll still want/need to exercise. I'm scared to death that I'll lose all this weight and then be struggling to keep it off when I try to go to the maintenance phase.

Sorry if that's a weird comment. Because it's going so well I've been thinking a lot about how my life will be when I get to my goal.

Thanks for listening.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #44  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger766
Is anyone else scared about maintenance at the end of all this? I know I'm looking WAY into the future but....

I know how to lose weight but I have no clue how much fat, calories etc I'll be able to have to maintain and how much I'll still want/need to exercise. I'm scared to death that I'll lose all this weight and then be struggling to keep it off when I try to go to the maintenance phase.

Sorry if that's a weird comment. Because it's going so well I've been thinking a lot about how my life will be when I get to my goal.
I plan to keep on doing what I'm doing. I'll just probably up my calories a bit, a little at a time, and monitor it till I reach a good plateau level, with the same nutritional ratios. I intend to maintain -- actually increase! -- my exercise levels, and I'll still eat 5-6 little meals a day, etc. Really, the only thing I intend to change is the caloric level. That's it. This is forever, and I'm completely ok with that. If I want a treat, I'll factor it in, just as I do now, and then I'll jump right back on "plan."

Have you visited the Maintenance forum here at 3FC? It's great, and I highly recommend you do so, if you haven't already.......they're living what you're talking about and are our own resident experts! (And an awesome group of people.)
Old 07-09-2004, 02:48 PM   #45  

I'm with Sarah on this one.. I plan to continue my eating habits as they are now with a slight gradual increase in caloric intake (so that I don't keep losing forever hee hee). I will probably continue to monitor the scales on a weekly basis once I get to goal so that I know where I stand. SO, if I WOULD gain a lb. or two for some weird reason, I can catch it immediately and restrict my calories more the following week. It's all going to be trial and error in the beginning of maintenance just as it was when I developed my new eating plan for losing weight. I don't ever plan to hog out like I did before and greasy, fatty foods make me feel sick and I don't WANT to eat them now or ever!

It's going to feel so good to get to goal that I don't think I would ever jeopardize my hard work over some food! I have learned to eat for fuel with the occasional eat for treat, per sae. When I eat for a treat, its usually during a social event (ice cream, cake for b-day etc)! I just feel so good and healthy and totally GREAT! I really like myself a WHOLE LOT BETTER this way!!