Old 07-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

i just shocked myself. my mom sent me out for french fries for last minute overnight guests, and i wanted to stop by dunkin donuts on the way back. then I thought about how well I did today and how many extra calories that I don't need are in the cream, not to mention the sugar... so I told myself "I'll make green tea at home instead." yay!

edit: i stole one french fry. but i really meant it when i said "just this one."
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Dana that's great! That really and truly is a victory. And one french fry is ok as long as you can control that! Good for you! Keep up the good work....
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #18  

aw, thanks Gretchen! that was really nice of you.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM   #19  
Live for the Moment!

Alright, I've add my first July NSV - TOM is very quickly approaching (over the next couple days), and I was starving after work today... All afternoon, I debated getting pizza or just doing fast food... Then I got home, and had to run to the Mini-Food Mart next door to get an onion and I walked the chip aisle and stared at the ice cream... BUT, i didn't give in! I came home, made whole wheat pasta w/ extra lean spaghetti sauce and now I'm full!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:06 AM   #20  

Way to go Celina - that's a great breakthrough. Its a strong woman who choses home-cooked pasta over pizza!

So other than my Great Shopping Triumphs......I bought a pair of size 18 (UK) jeans yesterday......and have seriously been shopping-until-I-have-been-dropping.....and really enjoying it....and mainly size 20 (UK)....lots of bright colours....my other NSV is I went to a salsa bar with some friends, and took a class last night......and loved it.....I love to dance.....sure, I was the biggest (and possibly oldest...LOL) person there, but I didn't really think about that. And I didn't get tired! In fact, one of the friends I was with got tired before I did......There is no way, 9 months ago, I could have danced that long and not got tired.....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 01:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Lots of great NSVs and we're not even halfway done with the month!!!

My mom has a really pretty lavender dress either a size 22 or 24. Well after I got home from having William I tried it on, thinking that it would fit me since dresses tend to run large--NOT THIS ONE!!! I couldn't even get it to go over my hips.
So last week I was over at her house, rummaging her closet and saw this dress. I decided to try it on and low and behold it fits perfectly. It is a bit loose but if it wasn't then all my rolls would be showing. I plan on wearing it to work tomorrow and I'll try and take a pic of it if I remember.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:17 PM   #22  

way to go Dawnyal.....and we want pictures, please!!!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #23  
Live for the Moment!

Dawnyal - I want pictures girlfriend!!

And ladies I must say, we're having a great month already (and its only the 8th), look at all the NSV's already! to all!
Old 07-21-2004, 05:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I have two to report (work and life have been super busy this week so I've just now had a moment)
1) I'm officially in VFT for the first time in about 8 years

2) I bought 2 pair of size 22 shorts (one pair is a bit snug) I figure if I can zip and button them in the dressing room, then they are worth buying so I've gone down about 2 1/2 sizes (I say 2 1/2 since I was busting out of my 26s when I started)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:44 AM   #25  
Live for the Moment!

Dawynal - That must have felt great! YAY FOR YOU!

My newest is that I've stuck with the gym for 2.5 weeks straight now, only missing 3 days... for proper rest of course And I'm already starting to be able to increase my time a little on certain machines! Look at me go...

Had to come back and edit... I remembered a huge one from today.. We had a 3 hour meeting at work today and at the very start my manager handed out lil' bags of chocolates (including Cookies & Cream)... I let these chocolates sit in front of me for the whole meeting (almost slipped once, and the girl sitting next to me who I share office space with stopped me!), then I let them sit on my desk for the last 2 hours of my day... even brought them home.. still untouched and handed them to Steve when I was leaving for the gym and told him to eat them before I came back!!! I'm very proud of this... I didn't just eat them cuz they were there... and I didn't eat them at all, and I was starving!

Last edited by Br00klyn; 07-22-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #26  
Abby's Mommy

Way to go Celina! That IS an accomplishment! Will power is something that I need to aquire...can I have some of yours? I am VERY proud of you!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:27 PM   #27  
Losing Again!

Had an exciting thing happen to me at the gym tonight, so I thought I'd share...
I got there and as I passed the fitness room on the way to change into my workout clothes, the good treadmills were available, and all but one of the others, the place was nearly empty.
So I change quickly and head back to the fitness room. Ugh. Every treadmill is taken, even the junky one that the whole room can hear you walk on, nevermind jogging. But there is an eliptical machine open. I hate that beast. Had never done more than 5 minutes on it. Tonight I did 3 miles, right at 30 minutes. And it felt like a much better workout on my thighs. I have tamed the eliptical beast
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:34 PM   #28  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Congratulations, I know how awesome that can feel. I haven't been doing the elliptical lately because of my knee injury and the fact that i enjoy weight training oh so much more. I do think it is the best cardio machine ever invented but it takes a while to build up the stamina for it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:30 AM   #29  
Live for the Moment!

Dana,

Lady - I hear ya on the Elliptical.. The first time I stepped on that thing, I wondered who the **** would invent something that could make you feel like you were dying?! However, I know have battled the eliptical beast too and can do upwards of 20 minutes. I do at least 10 mins-20 mins everytime I go to the gym.... Now, my next obstacle is the Stepper, I can't do more than 3 minutes on that tortureous machine...
Old 07-28-2004, 10:56 AM   #30  

Celina, THAT STEPPER THING IS EVIL!

I used to FORCE myself to do 10 minutes as a "warmup," and the thingy said that I had walked 33 flights. Boy did it feel like I walked up the entire empire state buidling on spiral stairs! I HATE that evil thing! And I couldn't drag myself to do it because it got to the point that I was procrastinating going to the gym because I didn't want to do my "time"

What does everyone usually do for cardio?