Old 06-29-2004, 05:50 PM   #1  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Is this where I belong?

Hi. My name is Lindy and I am pretty new to this site. I already posted in the buddy topic thing, but there are so many topics. I don't really know where to post.

On June 21 I started my new lifestyle. I don't want it to be a diet. I weighed in at 240lbs, and yesterday I weighed in again ( I am trying to weigh in weekly) and I was at 235lbs. 5 in one week! Is that too much? Even if it is I feel very good about that much loss.

I am eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. It has been very easy for me so far. My biggest problem is my husbands Mountain dew in the house, but I have still stayed within my calorie limit.

I am trying to exercise, but everything is hard on my knees and joints, I am sooo out of shape. Walking is out because there are a lot of loose dogs in my neighborhood, and of course I would be eaten alive by mosquitoes! I have been just dancing and playing with my daughter more often.

I am sorry this is so long. I just feel I have so much to say!
I'll stop now.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:32 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the bunch! There's a lot of awesome support here.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

You're in the right place if you are looking for motivation, support and encouragement! This group is awesome! And please, don't ever feel like your posting too much. Welcome Welcome and we are glad to have you and will be here for you through your journey!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:08 PM   #4  

Please don't apologize, you'll find that a lot of us enjoy a good long winded post! Don't be too concerned with larger losses, especially at first. As long as you are being smart and making good, healthy choices then you should be fine. I know what you mean about finding the time and the way to exercise, it can be hard! But the fact is, we just have to do it. A lot of the women have found great success with the walk away the pounds tapes and I, personally, enjoy using a Gazelle. It is almost no impact and it gives a pretty good workout. But just the fact that you are doing anything, whether it be dancing with your daughter or getting eaten by mosquitos, it is always better than nothing at all. Anyway, welcome to the group, I'm glad you decided to join us. Good luck on your journey!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Lindy,

This is a great place with wonderful people. Glad to have you join in.

Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:27 AM   #6  

Glad you found this board, Lindy. Welcome. It is a great place with very fine people. Congrats on your new lifestyle and the subsequent loss.

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you are off to a great start on the changes in your life. Welcome aboard. Feel free to jump in to any topic.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome Lindy!

Your post was not too long at all - check out Jillegals Chicago post and then you'll see what counts as long on this forum!!

Congratulations on your excellent start!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:04 PM   #9  
Live for the Moment!

Lindy - WELCOME!

You're definetly in the right place if you want unconditional support and encouragement!

Congrats on the great starting week loss!

Post often and join in on the July Challenge!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #10  

Heya Lindy, Welcome!! I have found that the more weight I lose my joints are not screaming at me as bad. It was pretty rough the first couple of months, but I endured and feel wonderful now. 5 pounds is great! For most people they see bigger numbers at the beginning of their journey, so I think you are doing just fine.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! As far as exercise is concerned, start out slowly. I don't use them myself, but I've heard lots of people rave about Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videotapes.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #12  

Hi Lindy
Welcome, welcome, welcome...you're definitely in the right place for lots of support, motivation, advice and laughs....

Know what you mean about exercise - I started off slowly and built it up....how about swimming? Its really really easy on the joints and muscles, and I find it makes me feel great.....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote