they eat from the calorie-conscious snacks to those
oh-so-decadent desserts.

Sometimes the thought of journaling those succulent
"slip-ups" can be powerful enough to help you pass
on the pecan pie. Becoming aware of your eating
behaviors is the first step toward healthy weight
loss. Use your journal to help you gain control over
food in your life.

I think I might start journaling again. I do pretty good of keeping track but I know Kimberley could benifit if we both do it together.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I agree Journaling is excellent. Although, I do not keep a daily journal as I did when I first began. I do keep track of my calories on a sticky note each day at work, (I write my breakfast down when I get to work) then I know exactly where I am by dinner. That keeps me from going over the daily limit I have set for myself!

Last edited by tolose85; 06-17-2004 at 02:04 PM.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:12 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I can keep track in my mind I have always had a good memory for numbers. Kimberley has trouble keeping count though.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:51 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

When I was counting calories, I bought a yearly calendar that had a week on two pages. There was just enough room to log what I ate and how many calories. It was great because the one book lasted a whole year and on the pages where it showed the whole month, I logged my calorie total every day and then my weight, so I could see how many calories I was eating when I lost. I also logged my exercise min there too!

I agree that it really does help!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I've been doing better about journaling. I won't say that I enjoy it but I don't see it as a chore anymore either. Right now I'm still in the stages of finding a calorie intake that works great for me so in that aspect I do like to put down everything I eat to see how it's affecting me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 06:18 PM   #6  

It's interesting, I've gone the opposite way on this one. When I started, I wrote down everything I ate, and that definitely helped me to change my eating habits. Then I joined a specific programme, and started to count things....and religiously journalled for a couple of months. Then I decided that since this is about lifestyle, and the rest of my life, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life writing down what I eat, it was time to stop journalling. So far, its been fine - but I'm sure when/if I hit a difficult patch, I'lle go back to the journalling.....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:41 AM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Journalling keeps you honest. I felt I wasn't "cheating" as long as I journaled. For example... if I pigged out on pizza - I still recorded all the points. Some times I recorded 50 points or more! - it feels good to be honest.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote