Stressed but staying good.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've been so stressed out this past week but with the exception of my treat night I have stayed on plan. Although treat night is part of my plan. The last two days I have felt really good. I have eaten Vegetarian with the exception of a little shrimp yesterday. I did not set out to do it but that is what I have been in the mood for.

I had a big win over the old me tonight. There I was at work. All alone and stressed out. Well almost all alone. There was a doughnut on the table that kept me company all night. He was very talkative but I just kept telling him to shut up. When I left he was still on the table. I said goodnight with a smug smile on my face, I could see a frown on his.
  • Way to go Howie ~ great job!!

Gayle
  • Hey Howie, just hang on in there, you are doing a great job! And you are making me laugh at the thought of your friend Mr Donut. Me, I would have trodden all over him, and thrown him in the bin....(whoops. sorry, I mean trash/garbage....). I guess you're just a much nicer person than I am!
  • You Go Howie!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself for conquering(SP?) Mr.Donut!!! I know I am!! My DH brought home a chocolate cake from the bakery yesterday "as a suprise". I wanted to KILL him!! I did have a small piece, but I did not eat the WHOLE thing, like I wanted to!!
  • Way to go Howie!! How awesome that must have felt to cruise out of there knowing that you had won!!!!
  • that is super. I know how hard it can be to say no to them doughnuts. A coworker brought some in on Friday and it looked delicious but I too said no because I knew that if I ate one, then I would've had to have had 2. Super kudos to you for leaving him on the table.
  • dude awesome i hate the doughnut voice especially when you really want it and it turns into something from the little shop of horrors with huge eyes and sharp teeth. and seems to walk across the table at you. they are my downfall especially stale ones mmmmmmmm. i couldn't have resisted it no way. you are stronger willed than me
  • Thanks everyone. It helps knowing you all are here to report these victorys to.
  • You're doing great Howie, and I'm really proud of you for dissing that donut and letting it know who's boss! You know that "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts", right? Well, I think you just might have broken that cycle - kudos!
  • Well done Howie!

It's these small triumphs that help us succeed on our journey.

Love Amanda x
  • Way to go Howie! That is awesome
  • Howie, good for you for not letting that greasy bugger get the best of you. Happy new you! You did good....

Jenaya
  • Wow Howie!! You have some really good self-control!! You achieved an excellent victory between you and that doughnut!!
  • Thanks all. It was still there the next day. Someone finally through it away.
  • I had a victory today!! Went to lunch with two friends at a restaurant where the Philly beef is to die for. But man, it is big and greasy and cheezy. Then the pizza of the day really sounded good (chicken with an alfredo ranch sauce). Mmmmmm. But I ordered the Chicken Ceasar - no dressing. And to top it off, one friend ordered the philly and the other the pizza!!! But I ate my lunch and didn't look back!!!