Interesting Tips - Food for thought!

• I ran into these somewhere. I thought they were interesting:

- One pound equals 3500 calores

- Standing for 50 minutes a day burns 100 calories

- Research shows that extra sleep can help people stick with healthier eating and helps control hormones that trigger food cravings.

- Adding 2 pounds of muscle means that your body at rest will burn 100 extra
    calories per day.

- Thirty minutes of house cleaning burns 100 calories
  • Well Dang! If 30 mns of cleaning burns 100 cals, I must burn 200 almost every day! I know that sounds bad to have an hour of cleaning to do every day, but I have a 1 year old, and a 35 year old (DH) to clean up around!!!
  • Those are interesting Gretchen, thanks for sharing that information.
  • Very interesting, thanks!
  • And here's the "good" news about fat........the heavier you are when you're standing there, or cleaning -- whatever -- the more calories you burn!

Good thread, Gretchen!

I'll add one:

- Many people mistake thirst for hunger, as it's symptoms are sometimes the same.
  • More fun with calories:

Removing your partner's clothes:
    With consent—12 Calories
    Without consent—187 Calories

Opening her bra:
    With both hands—8 Calories
    With one hand—12 Calories
    With your teeth—85 Calories

Foreplay:
    Trying to find the G-Spot—92 Calories

Positions:
    Missionary—12 Calories
    69 lying down—78 Calories
    69 standing up—112 Calories
    Wheelbarrow—216 Calories
    Doggy Style—326 Calories
    Italian chandelier—912 Calories

Orgasms:
    Real—112 Calories
    False—315 Calories

Post-orgasm:
    Lying in bed hugging—18 Calories
    Getting up immediately—36 Calories
  • Jessica, that was interesting information too. To bad my husband is deployed for so long. I really think he would be up for that kind of exercise plan.

Sarah, Darn it. I know what you said is so true. I just don't drink enough water at all. I really need to work on that.
  • Any tips on the best place to buy an Italian chandelier??
  • LOL Jill

Thanks for the tips.

Gretchen that explains why I never gained weight eating so much fast food when I worked at Wal-mart since I stood on my feet for over 8 hours a day. As soon as I stopped working there I gained like 20 pounds in less than 2 months!!!!
  • see, now that's the kind of calorie information I have been looking for!!!!!