Old 06-07-2004, 03:37 AM   #1  

Default just found the 100 pound club

I have 104 pounds to lose, so I guess I am in the right place. I'm going jump right in. I have a family reunion June 19th. I didn't go last year because of my weight. It doesn't help that I have a skinny twin sister. I know my family loves me. I even have avoided my class reunion. I have even ducked down super market isles when I spot someone I have't seen in ages. I have put this weight on over the last 4 years. I have always battle with my weight, but this is longest I have been this heavy. I came here for support. I am starting to take off some weight. Of course, I want it now and I know it takes time. I feel so huge standing next to my twin. I am glad I found this website.
suzie1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #2  

Hi suzie, and welcome. You have definitely come to the right place! I think most of us have had similar experiences of avoiding people and events because of how we feel about the way we look. The great thing is that you have faced up to it, and are on the road to doing something about it.....so keep posting, and keep trying!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Suzie..

As Claire Said, this is definitelty the right place. There is so much support here. We are all your cheerleaders! You're going in the right direction. Good luck in this Journey. We're all here for you!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. I ditto the been there done that avoiding people. Now that I'm losing weight (and I still have a lot to go) I don't avoid people anymore. I like to see them now since I am losing. I look at it this way. This is the last time they are going to see me this heavy so they better get a good look at me because I'm sure the next time they see me I'm not going to weigh this much.
I've lost 20+ pounds since trying to lose weight and I'm actually down 48 pounds from this time last year.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #5  

Suzie, I to can relate to avoiding people and certain socal situations. I am slowly getting better about that. I have more confidence since I have started to lose weight. You will get wonderful support and motivation here. Welcome to our club.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:25 PM   #6  
Abby's Mommy

Suzie... Congratulations on taking a big step in posting here! I lurked around for a week before I decided to jump in, but when I did the folks here were so supportive that Ive been very successful! You will be too!!! Good luck to you!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:30 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Hey Suzie!!!

My name is Apryl. How are you doing so far? You found a *FANTASTIC* place here. We're all looking forward to hearing from you, so please jump right in and post often Welcome!