3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Nbc Seeks Nation's `biggest Loser' (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/41466-nbc-seeks-nations-%60biggest-loser.html)

SuchAPrettyFace 06-01-2004 06:46 PM

Nbc Seeks Nation's `biggest Loser'

NBC's new reality series "The Biggest Loser" isn't a quest for people who watch "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" every day, nor is a profile of people still wearing mesh trucker hats. It isn't yet another reality show featuring some member of the Hilton family and nobody will marry a dwarf, out-sprint a hippo or box Tonya Harding.

"The Biggest Loser" is actually all about weight loss and NBC is asking contestants to do it the old-fashioned way, without liposuction or gastric bypasses. In what's described as an "inspirational" series, strong-willed contestants will learn weight-loss skills and transform their bodies and their lives.

"This challenging new drama offers a strong emotional attachment for viewers who can follow people trying to change their lives and re-shape their lifestyles," says Jeff Gaspin, NBC Universal's president of cable entertainment and cross-platform strategy. "But the quest and final results will be entirely up to the people who can benefit most - the participants."

NBC has already had open casting calls in Nashville, Memphis, Boston, New Orleans, Buffalo, Chicago Houston and Orlando and future calls will be held in Milwaukee and New Orleans.

"'The Biggest Loser' celebrates hard work and rewards discipline," says the show's executive producer Ben Silverman. "Hopefully we will inspire an overweight America to get fit. Every day will be a struggle for our characters as they battle each other and try to change their habits and way of life."

suzie76 06-01-2004 07:46 PM

SAPF,

Thanks for posting about this-it will be nice to see a "real" reality show for a change!

BTW, my husband and I saw Eric Idle's show when he toured the US last year. He was hysterical! We even got to meet him afterwards and get autographs !

take care,
Sherry

Charbar 06-02-2004 02:32 PM

I think this is a really cool idea - I just wish I was on their calling list.
Instead of the most weight.. it should be all things.. ie. weight and body fat and bmi.. etc. you want the whole picture. You want to promote a healthy body.. not just lost lbs.

Dana

Jennelle 06-02-2004 03:21 PM

Wow. They had an open casting call in Memphis? When? They must not have publicized it very well, because I would think it would have been all OVER the news.

That sucks. I would have been interested.

barbygirl43 06-02-2004 03:39 PM

sounds like a great idea. can't wait to see it.

amy8028472 06-03-2004 12:39 PM

i definitely like the idea of this show. It sounds awesome