Old 06-03-2004, 12:17 PM   #31  

Victoria, You loss is wonderful! I know it must have been a huge shocker but a good one none-the-less!! You are off to a fabulous start!

Holly, I hear you on that bloating. It stinks!! I agree maintaining during TOM is great as opposed to gaining because of all the water weight. Bet you see lower number next week.

Scuttle, well at least you know your starting weight now. I don't think that is a bad thing. At least you will know how you are doing if you weigh every once in awhile. I know, I know, some of you don't weigh during your weight loss, but I still think it is good to at least know what you started at.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:47 PM   #32  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Ok, just an ultra-quick post to say that I am just [bold]LOVING[/bold] two avatar photo's in particular: Gretchen, you VIXEN, you! {Meowrrrrr!} Work it, girl! And to the owner of that adorable pug, Snugasapug (sorry I've forgotten your real name!)....that photo brings a big smile to my face literally every time I see it!!! Too, too cute -- thanks for sharing the joy.

A few other speedy messages: Howie, I'm so proud of you!!!! Victoria, what a wonderful accomplishment!! Congrat's on your anniversary! And to Scuttles: Welcome, and just keep coming back here for support -- you can do it! As for knowing your weight, you're going to love knowing this starting weight 25 pounds from now, when you're looking back at one of your first milestones! When it comes to weight loss, the great thing about knowing where you are is that later you can look back at where you've been and own your success! You'll do it.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm blushing.... Thanks Sarah. I am proud of myself.. You can't tell or anything! Its weird though.. I have completely changed my style since I lost some weight. I pay more attention to myself.. This is such a huge deal for me. I have been the overweight girl all my life and I am so happy that I am sticking with it. The first time ever. I feel great and I am only 1/2 way there! Thanks for making me feel so good! I appreciate it... I couldn't have gotten this far without the support of all you guys! I LOVE this group!!!!!

Sarah, you and Tammy are catching my tail.... YOU GO GIRLS!!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #34  

Gretchen, I agree, you look great! I know what you mean about being always being the overweight girl in the past. My best friend was always around 100 pounds wet. It was rough. When I go home on vactation though I am going to be 40 or so pounds less than I was the last time. That is a wonderful feeling. By then I will be almost to the half-way mark. I got below 200 once before about 6 years ago, but I put it all back on. This time I am going all the way.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:02 PM   #35  

Hello All,

I've lost 4 lbs for the week, which I'm very happy about.

For the July 4th challenge I've lost 3 lbs since I signed up for it on May 31, 04. That leaves 12 lbs to go to reach my goal of 15 lbs lost.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:37 PM   #36  

Beth, Way to go!! You are well on your way to achieving your 4th of July challenge.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:33 AM   #37  

Greetings,

I am down three pounds this week. Congratulations to everyone on the losses and for those who have gains who are just reading but not writing - it's alright, just do your best and here is to a new week. I am on my way downward again and happy to be a loser at last. Gretchen, I agree with all - pretty fabulous photo that shines with beauty. You are doing so well! Howie - ditto - good work.

Jenaya
297/275/170
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:38 AM   #38  

Jenaya, Well done on your loss of three pounds for the week! Keep up the great work!
Old 06-05-2004, 12:13 PM   #39  

OK, I stayed the same this week.....which is a bit frustrating and demotivating because I was on track with my eating plan, exercise etc. But the good news is, I weigh on scales which measure bodyfat %, and I was down from 45% to 43%.....so I am guessing that I the resistance/weights work is paying off and I am building some muscle......!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:33 PM   #40  

Tammy - thanks for the encouragement. It is always appreciated.

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:36 PM   #41  

Claire, as frustrating as it may be at least you maintained. I know it is kind of heart breaking not to see a loss. I bet next week you will have a really good loss. Your exercise could have alot to do with it. You are just getting rid of the yuck flab and getting some muscles. Not a bad thing at all!!
Old 06-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #42  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations to all the losers! And for those of us that either gained or maintained, tomorrow is the beginning of a new week. As long as we know what we did or didn't do well make up for it then.

I actually gained .8 but I'm not worried about it (yet! LOL) because I'm in the TOM phase where I retain fluids. It will come off next week!

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #43  

Melissa, for sure you will see a loss next week. Darn that water retention!! Gets me everytime to. *Sigh* The things we have to go through sometimes..