Old 06-01-2004, 06:17 PM   #16  

Gretchen - if it works for you stick with it, I say. You sound very focused, energised and happy, which is great! And I agree with Sarah - seems like your eyes are wide open in relation to maintenance, and you have a plan for that, so I wouldn't worry too much about the conventional wisdom that you're coming up against....

Sherry - well done for being brave enough to post your progress, even when its going in the wrong direction.....most of us don't have the courage to do that! Sounds like you're right back on track now.

Tammy - ooooh, what can I say? 5lbs down, that is really great...especially given the difficult times you're going through. Don't know about the muscle thing....I'm not sure how long it takes to build or lose muscle!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #17  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi guys! I don't generally do a weekly weigh-in, but I am today. I went to the doctor for a physical the other day. I'm in exellent health, and still weigh in at the doctor's office at 145!!! I've kept off 105 pounds for over a year now!!!

Jeanne
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #18  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Wow good for you Jeanne. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for hanging around and being there for the rest of us.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Look at all the losers this week. WTG everyone.
As for me I put on 3 pounds (One for each day of the week I gorged on cookout food I guess) but hey I'm fully back on track as of last night and am ready to be focused back on course.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #20  
Born Loser

Another 3 for me and I am now down over 100 lbs from my high weight.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

CONGRATULATIONS Howie! That is a HUGE accomplishment! Keep up the good work!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:28 PM   #22  

Jeanne, You are doing so well at maintaining! It must be a wonderful feeling!! I look at you and that keeps me motivated to keep going. I can't wait to post on here when I have lost all my weight as a maintainer.

Dawnyal, Darn those pounds that come back. It's great to hear that you are back on track and focused. I hope that you have a good week this week.

Howie, you loosing machine!! 100 pounds down from your highest weight is a most awesome accomplishment!! This weight loss stuff might be hard work but it sure does pay off in the end. Keep it up, Howie!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #23  
Born Loser

Thanks Gretchen and Tammy. It does feel great. It would feel a lot better if this was not the 4th time of crossing that line. But it still feels great and soon I will be in virgin lbs. Only 86 more to go to get there. 302 is my lowest adult weight.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #24  

Well I got on 2 different (somewhat questionable) scales today but they both read the same thing. I seem to be down to 346. Thats a 14 lb loss in about a week and a half. I kept checking and rechecking. I am certianly not starving. I think a lot of it is water weight and I know that when you have a lot to loose that it can come off fast in the beginning...but I dont know why but I feel weird about posting it. I ordered a good scale online tonight so soon I wont be so obsessed about if the #'s are correct. I am both excited and disbelieving. Did anyone else here have a big weight loss in the beginning?
Safora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i sayed the same this week. TOM is here as well as her bloating, so i'm so super cool with that. woo.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:21 AM   #26  

Congratulations on all the losses this week everbody!

Victoria- Don't worry about such a big loss at first. Yes, a lot of it is probably water weight but keep in mind that the more you have to lose, the bigger the initial losses are. Just think of this as a nice big jumpstart to keep you motivated in your new, healthy lifestyle. Keep up the great work, you're doing awesome!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:23 AM   #27  

Hrm. Okay. I thought I was going to do this without weighing but I snuck on a scale because, well, I'm numbers-obsessed, and I have this crazy idea that if I eat healthy and I don't weigh I'll gain weight and never realize it. I'm not sure why I have this obsession.

Anyway, that puts my starting weight (well, after a week, so who really knows) at 278.5 as of Monday. I think it was Monday. I just know I weighed a few days ago and that's what it was so I'll pretend it was Monday.
Scuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:19 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Victoria- My first week I lost 10 lbs and my husband lost 15! What calorie level are you doing? The first week ususally is the best then it drops off to half or even less. I average around a 3.5 lb loss per week. I am sure you lost the 14lbs! Thats great. And yes, a lot of it is the water but none the less, a pound is a pound! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:27 AM   #29  
JML
Success Story!!!

Gretchen - I would have been concerned about your very low calorie diet too, but I also know from experience that each body is different. That's how I found my own calorie limits. I experimented till I found the calorie count at which my body lost weight and the count at which it maintained or gained. For me, the count is higher. 1200-1400 is a good losing level for me. But each body is different, and part of losing weight is getting in touch with your body, learning what it needs, and eating accordingly. Congratulations on your impressive losses!!!!

Tammy - Thanks. You're already a maintainer in a sense. You're already maintaining your current losses. You're just going for more Keep at it! It doesn't matter how long it takes. What matters is that you get there!!!

Howie - Thanks. I still need the support of this board. The support here made a major difference in my finally being able to lose the weight. I realized the value of support, of people joining together with a common goal, and of seeing that people actually DO lose and maintain huge weight losses. I was inspired and decided I could do it too. Too many people in this world believe that it can't be done -- but it can.
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #30  
2006 - Panda Remix

Jeanne - you are an inspiration! 105 pounds lost is a huge accomplishment! I need to lose about 115 for my Caribbean wedding - and I will remember you on my journey! The fact that you have kept it off for a whole year is wonderful - some people say that keeping it off is the hardest part don't they!

Gretchen - I love your new picture - you look so glamorous!

Victoria - Wow! 14lb is a huge boost for your first week! Like everyone says, I wouldn't be worried about it as you can expect good losses in your first week or so.

Howie - Well done on your 100lb total - don't look back at where you have been in the past - just keep looking forward!

Dawnyal - Sorry for those 3lb gained! We've all been there (and more than once! ) and know how you feel. Well done for getting straight back on track!

Well done everyone else!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote