4th of July Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Anybody up for a challenge?

Let's celebrate summer and break out those bikinis! (Okay, I've never worn one and never will, but you get the idea. . .) Set a weight goal, an exercise goal, a size goal, or any goal that strikes your fancy.

Since I didn't make my Mother's Day goal, I'm going to try, try again. I want to be in a regular size 12 instead of a relaxed fit size 12. It's time for a recommitment--I can do this! How about you?
  • Closing in on ONEderland...
  • OK, Im with you. My Independance Day goal is: SIZE 16 JEANS!!
  • My goal is to be down to 199. I am kind of pushing it, but I thought I would give it a try. Good luck everyone who makes a challenge to themselves.
  • To be able to wear my new summer shirts that I bought last year and are now to tight.
  • I'm going for an exercise goal this time. I would like to be able to jog 1 mile non-stop. I started jogging a couple of nights ago and found it really invigorating. It's not something I can see myself doing long-term because I know how hard it is on my knees and body. I'm thinking I may enter a 5k run in October, maybe
  • a challenge sounds like what i need right now. i think i will go for a weight goal. i would like to be down to 275 lbs. by then. good luck to all of you.
  • I'm gonna be hard on myself.. I'd like to be at 170 lbs by then (15 lbs.)
  • Gretchen, I am trying for 20 pounds so we can both be hard on ourselves together . I don't know if I will make it, but I am sure going to try hard and push hard for it . I am going on vacation shortly after that, and I want my mom and relatives to be able to see all the hard work I have been doing . If I don't make it I am not worried. It will be close.
  • I'm in for 210 by the 4th, that's 15 pounds. We'll see. My class reunion is between now and then so that's great motivation to get it done. Good luck everyone!
  • I'm going for the Onederland goal by July 4th!
    Melissa
  • Ok Girls and Guys--- We can do this!! Tammy-- lets keep tabs on each other! I sometimes need motivation to get to the gym!
  • Gretchen you are off to a wonderful start with your 4 pound loss. That was an excellent amount of weight to lose for the week. I lost 3, so I am on my way to. My only exercise has been walking up until now. I started the gym today. I like going to the gym. I'd love to see us all accomplish our goals for this challenge. I'll do my best to keep you motivated!
  • This Is Fun!!!
  • Well I guess my goal is not to gain anymore weight by July 4th... No, that's not good enough. I have to stop the insanity (where have I heard that before?) and start losing again. Since I'll actually be in the U.S. of A. for July 4th (going to Kentucky with the sweetie to visit his traiterous sister who married an American) I guess I should set a firm goal...say 10lbs? Mind you, I'll be needing those of you who are coming to Chicago to keep an eagle eye on me while I'm there, okay??