Non scale victories for May

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Congratulations to everyone on their NSV's for the month. Keep up the good work. Everyone is doing so well.
  • I havnt had a NSV for a long time, but today I do. Tonight when I went to the center and hopped on the treadmill, I started out as usual, just walking. Then I decided to push it up a notch and jog. I never really could before, maybe for 30 seconds. Tonight though, I jogged at 5 MPH for 3 tenths of a mile!!! I know thats really not alot, but it ALOT more than I could do before!!
  • Amy Jo --- That is REALLY a lot! You have the right to be proud of yourself! I am not a big jogger...I get horrible shin splints and then my legs ache for a week. I LOVE the elliptical trainer, though.
  • Amy Jo, that is wonderful. I am not a strong jogger at all. Great job at pushing it up a notch!
  • Amy Jo,

I started jogging late last month. I started by running for one minute and walking for one minute and running for one minute and walking one, etc, etc. You will be AMAZED how fast you can improve. Now, I'm up to an hour with only 1/4 of it walking (about 4 miles total for me). You can sooooo do it. And the accomplishment of running something feels so concrete. It's a great feeling.
  • Congrats everyone!!
  • Congratulations to all of you. Tammy with her new "do".. Howie with the awesome food selections, Kari finishing the tape, SAPF being comfortable at the gym! That is such a great feeling...The 75#magnet for loosingit, BabyGirl with the "skinny" clothes! WHOOO HOO .. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Jillegal You did good too!! Its depressing when your team doesn't win.. And to everyone else for doing so great! My NSV is that I put on an outfit in my closet that I haven't worn for over 4 years! YEE HAW!
  • Im finally out of the 20's! It was my Mothers day goal, but I was a few days late. I tried on jeans, capris, shorts, skirts, and regular twill pants in 18's and they ALL fit! Im SO excited. I had already gone down to 16 on top, so I was just checking the lower half. I wont but anything new till im in 16's on bottom. I really need to keep this up!
    PS Congratulations to everybody on keeping up the great work!
  • I had to jump on tonight and share this major NSV that happened tonight.

I was running late all day, leaving for three trips in a row, starting tomorrow, will be home one night between tomorrow and June 11th, trying to get all the work wrapped up and feel like things are under control. Haven't been to the gym this week because of nasty blisters on my heals from Saturday's walk to WW (stupid no-show socks).

So anyway, the gym closes at 10, it was 8:58 when I got in my car to head there. I really didn't want to go, almost just went home, but I went. Got on the treadmill, looking forward to seeing some of the Lakers game. Great, it's already halftime. So I turn up my tunes and get moving. I do a mix of walking between 3.5-4 mph and running at 5 mph on good days. So that's what I decided to do, and I about fell off the back of the machine when I looked after 14 minutes to see that I had done a mile. I made 2 miles in 29:20. I'm so freaking excited. I haven't done a sub-15 minute mile since jr. high. So that's my May NSV
  • That is fantastic Dana. I bet you feel so good about yourself. Keep up the great work.
  • That is great dana! I can only run about 2 minutes before I have to back it off but I havent put the effort into it to really get up my running since I am going to have surgery in 2 weeks and wont be able to do it for a while afterwards. I would be very happy and proud if I could run a less than 15 mile!
  • That's super Dana. Keep up the good work. Before long you'll be telling us you have that mile down to under 10 minutes
  • Way to go Dana, that is exciting!! It is great when we notice how much our endurance is building through out weight loss journey.

Amy Jo, I'm out of 20's too!! Last night I tried on my size 18 jeans and they fit!! I had tried them on a couple of weeks ago, and I could not get them buttoned at all. They fit great now. My baby is 7 months old now, and I thought for sure my belly was not getting any smaller. But, indeed it has, and I was so freaking excited. I still am!! It is a huge accomplishment for the both of us Amy Jo.

Congrats Gretchen on getting into clothes that you have had in the closet for ages. I have clothes I have held onto also and can't wait to get into again.

Jessica, good job with the jogging!! Like I have stated before that I can't jog for the life of me. I think a big bear would have to be chasing me to get me moving faster. Maybe in time I can build up some endurance for it.
  • OK. Its still just about May......I went shopping today and bought a really beautiful, very smart deep pink top and skirt.....in a size 20 (UK size). I cannot remember when I was last in a size 20....or when I last bought a skirt.....let alone anything in deep pink. Anyway, I am feeling just g-r-e-a-t!
  • OK... HUGE NSV for me, the almost last day of may! I went shopping yesterday, I am in 14's now but...On the way out of them.. I bought my first size 12 in over 10 years! I haven't been in a size 12 since 10th grade high school!!!!!!!!!! And instead of XL or 1 X tops, I am wearing a Large.. Very strange for me.. I am very busty! I am so happy.. I could have cried when I put those close on and they fit...