Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 11:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Chat starting 3/21

ok, weird. i lost some numbers off my post count today. now, this isn't something i normally monitor, but i went over 1000 today and i thought that was cool. now it's 995? hmmm.

anyways, today was a struggle foodwise, but i made it. now i'm going to cuddle with david and have him comfort me. i had no idea it was going to be so hard to get back on the wagon after falling off yesterday. i'd been on plan for 29 days and then BOOM. now it's hard all over again, just when i thought it was getting to be habit.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:11 PM   #2  
Live for the Moment!

That's when it always comes back to get ya... once you think Its a habit... it becomes really hard again.... Stick with it lady.... You can do it! We all can....
Old 03-21-2004, 11:22 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Holly - Don't know about the posts. I don't pay attention to mine either.

It is so hard to get back on track. I have been really bad while I was sick. I am still sick, but tomorrow, I am back on. Food and exercise. You know what is so funny. The crap that I have been eating all week and all weekend. It doesn't really taste all that good. It's just addicting. I am goingto really try and keep that in mind. That really, it doesn't taste that good, but once I have it, I want more.

Have a great week everyone!!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:23 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Ok, this post should put me at 2000!!!!!

Sorry, just looked because of what Holly said and I was at 1,999. What are the chances????
Old 03-22-2004, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I haven't hit the falling off yet but I am only at the beginning of week three. I must admit that this is the longest I have ever gone. I would like to think that I made a lifestyle change in my eating habits but I don't know yet. Only time will tell. My sister and fiance came to visit this weekend.. They had pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni and some rolling rock.... My husband gave in and had 2 pieces.. I just made myself a nice big grilled chicken salad. My eyes were much bigger than my stomach.. I ate half! Then I did my walk away the pounds while the rest of them "pounded" beer! It felt great to have the will power to not have that pizza! I am proud of myself! I lost 5lbs this week. Going to up my water and exercise this week. I know dropping 5lbs a week won't last forever so I am going to try and stretch it and boost my metabolism..
Old 03-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #6  

Hi everyone! We just got back from Elijah's first car trip. Wow, that was rough! He had several meltdowns, and I'm so glad to be home! As of yesterday, my eating is back in control. I've been having terrible acid reflux and am going to the doc this afternoon. (This is why my eating is more controlled - I cut back on the bad stuff so I can sleep at night).

Holly, I know about the disappointment of falling off the wagon. I liked counting my days when they were adding up; then when I started having trouble staying on plan, the days starting over at ONE each day kind of discouraged me. I might do it again, though. I haven't decided yet.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:08 PM   #7  

Angi - sorry to hear your feeling a bit unwell...Nice to be on the "healthy eating wagon", but not great to have it enforced by acid reflux.

Sandi - sorry to hear that you are still feeling unwell. Did the doctor give you anything to speed up your recovery?? It really seems to be haning in there!

I started my running course on Friday night! I really enjoyed myself. Man...it's a crazy world - who would have thought that I would enjoy a running course?? I even got up on Sunday morning (at 7:30) to run again with the group!! Even though it was snowing!! I was amazed that I could keep up with the group..... I am starting to make the mental jump to imagining myself as a fit and active person. An exciting mental shift! I love the idea of training my body to respond to a challenge...it protested and was stiff, but still it responded! Hopefully this will give me the push I need to loose the last 30 pounds and get to goal.

Going to weigh in tonight. Hope that I have good news to report to all tomorrow.

Have a good night!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:20 AM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Well yesterday I was inspired by Gina.. last week she made a plan, stuck with it and won! So yesterday I went onto fitday.com and recorded my calories. (to be perfectly honest - I've been "winging" it for months with NO results) My goal is no regular soda and 2100 calories or less (I know that seems like a lot - but compared to what I was doing - this is a great improvement).

Well yesterday I ate 2085 - a lot of healthy food - but also too much junk. Get this.. 285 carbs!

Kris.. you are running! wow! what a lifestyle change, eh? btw.. do you live in Ottawa? your picture leads me to guess that.

Dana
Old 03-23-2004, 09:07 AM   #9  

Congrats Dana one of the hardest things to do is to honestly log your food. Its hard to look at some of the things and believe they had that many calories and stuff. My problem for a long time was i didnt pay attention to portion sizes and i was actually eating 2 portions of most of the stuff but thinking i was only eating one. I bet if you keep logging you will make suttle changes in what you eat that will make a big difference in the long run!
Old 03-23-2004, 12:48 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Hey Kris, great start with the running! I have a plan...since you're into the running mode now and I'm the big hiking enthusiast, I figure we can give it a few months for training and then you start westbound and I'll start eastbound and we can meet up halfway (say around Belleville) for a coffee at Timmy's (heck, let's throw in a timbit too!)
Old 03-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #11  

Hang in there Holly. You CAN do it. You've come so far, don't let a bad day or two do you in!!

Sandi ... I can't believe you are still sick. I'm sending lots of healing (((hugs))) your way.

Angi -- you too, be better! And, I can sympathize about the car trip. One of my kids from the time she was young would get in the car and zone out ... the other one ... watch out. He HATED car trips and although he's older now ... he still does. Only instead of whining and crying and melting down he starts with "are we there yet" and "I have to go to the bathroom. I can't wait. I'm going to explode" ... then when you stop, he doesn't have to go at all ... it was just a ploy to get out of the car!!!

Kris ... a running course ... how cool!!! I have a secret goal, that only my dh knows about. In Boston there is an annual 10k race each October It started out way-back-when as the "Bonne Belle 10k for Women" ... I want to run it in 2005! They have a 5k "fun walk" component to it ... but that doesn't interest me ... I've done the 20 mile "Walk for Hunger" fundraiser several time times ...

Dana ... good for you for tracking everything. I'm going to have to check out fitday. I went back to writing down all that I eat on paper yesterday. I find it keeps me honest. I KNOW I won't keep doing the writing forever, but I find that it helps me get back on track when things aren't going so well.

Not much is going on w/ me. My kids had MD check-ups at 5:30 last night so that really affected dinner ... but I did plan ... we all ate in the car on the way to the doctor ... which isn't the BEST thing in the world ... but we ate healthy food ... we had cheese, carrots, celery and apples. I drank water, the kids drank milk. They also had pretzels with their meal ... and on the way home, we stopped at the convenience store and they got popsicles. I got a lottery ticket and won $100

I hope everybody has a great week!!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Hi all!! I think I am FINALLY feeling a little better. I am even planning on hitting the gym tonight too!!! I am also back to no sweets as of today. That was working for me and I let it slip while I was sick.

Dana - I have never been a big fan of fitday, I just log my calories in datebook, but it seems these days I also need to watch my fiber and then keep the carbs low. So I have given in to fitday as well and we'll see. My thing is at night running downstairs to enter everything, seems a pain. So I started today. I'd like to keep my calories between 1400 - 1600. But honestly, I won't consider it a bad day unless I get over 2000. I should be able to live a normal life and never go over 2000 calories. That way some days I can have "extra" and still be good. It needs to be that way if I am going to make this a lifestyle.

Jill - Everyone talks about hiking. I would have absolutely no idea where to go hiking. I mean I am so not an outdoors person, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Dowsx4 - You are so right about portions. Pasta is a big culprit for me. My idea of a plate full of spaghetti is at least 3x what it should be. And what's 1 dinner roll??? 1/2 cup of ice cream - are you joking????

Loosingit - Great job on the running. It's so cool that you have such an amazing goal. I have never been a runner, but maybe there is hope!!!!! Keep it up, we want to hear about your progress!!

Angi - Great to hear from you!!!! Good luck at the Doc today!

tolose85 - Keep it up - you are doing great!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #13  

Sandi, congrats for getting back on track! My strep a month or so ago threw me for a loop! It's great that you're getting right back to it.

Steph - you won $100? Good for you! Much better than a popsicle any day!

Kris, congrats on your excitement about running. Maybe the bug will hit me one day? Seriously, I'm one of those indoorsy - never-can-imagine-myself exercising people. But, now that it's getting warm here, I intend to take Elijah strolling as often as I can. (I said that when we got our dog, too and it didn't happen BUT Elijah's much more important! sorry Fabio!)

Dana - glad you enjoy Fitday. It's a cool service, but I can't spend more time on the computer right now! I'm having a hard time keeping up with you guys! (maybe you noticed!)

Julie - I know what you mean about the portions. . .When I measure my portions according to any particular food plan, I'm always shocked how small it is compared to what my MIND thinks is a portion. And forget what the restaurants think is a portion! Those plates are HUGE!

Gretchen, it sounds like you're doing GREAT! Keep it up, girl!

Elijah (my 10 month old) is still having sleeping problems. . .He kept Dan up all night last night. He's had a runny nose the last couple of days, so I guess he's feeling bad all over. He's also getting over that car trip and the excitement of meeting tons of new people last week with his Grams and Papa. We are wandering around here, bleary eyed and desparate for sleep!

I'm on an endless hunt for a food plan. Here's my latest idea: three reasonably sized meals a day (on a salad plate), with one snack. And I'm going to gradually eliminate several things. The first thing is fried foods. I have IBS (and previously mentioned acid reflux) and the fried stuff has been making me very sick. Next, I'll eliminate sugar. And then after that, caffeine. I'm considering gluton after that, but we'll see.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:53 AM   #14  

Hello,

AngiK - Hope that you have managed to get some sleep and that Elijah isn't getting sick. Sounds like a very reasonable eating plan... As for the running...I am most definitely an indoorsy type girl myself. When my family doctor asked me what type of activities I liked, I told her knitting and reading. Apparently she meant PHYSICAL activities! Oooohhhooohhhh.... At any rate, it is much easier to appreciate the outdoors now that spring is here. Hope that the weather cooperates for you and Elijah to get outside for your walks! PS - I love your dog's name!

Step - Cool goal! A 10K! That is a geat goal! If you can do a 20 mile walk, you must be closer to running 10K than you realize! What did you do with the $100? That is fantastic!

Jillegal - I'm in!! Heck, I'll even treat for the timbit! Gotta looove hiking! I live pretty close to the Gatineau mountains...there is beautiful hiking there! We don't have a car, so I don't get to go often, but man, I love it when I do get to go! Aren't you glad that the weather is finally turning around in Ontario?

Dana - yup....I'm in Ottawa. Not originally from here, though...I'm really from Calgary! Ottawa is really a beautiful city, though. There are great paths along the canal and river for running, walking, cycling and roller blading. It is crazy, cruelly cold here in the winter though! What part of Canada are you originally from??

Have a good day all...
Old 03-26-2004, 10:51 AM   #15  
Crazy Canuck

Morning folks,

I was just thinking the other day Angi that we haven't seen a new pic of Elijah lately and when you called him your "10 month old" in the last post I thought whoa!?! our baby's almost a year old!!! Time flies....pic please. Oh and I know the lack of sleeping is tiresome (excuse the pun) but the day'll come when you'll be exasperated because you can't get him out of bed in the morning

I can't get over how many "non-outdoors" people we have here - you guys don't know what you're missing! For all my weight problems I always managed to get out (in the good weather anyway) and hike - it's so rejuvenating! I love the outdoors and nothing clears the head and raises the spirits like a long hike surrounded by the wonders of nature (okay, I'm starting to sound like a dork). Anyway, now it's all that much better because I don't hold everyone back with my having to slow down to rest and constant huffing and puffing - I can pretty much keep up with the best of them now. I think I enjoy that even more than fitting into smaller clothes - I can really tell I'm more fit and healthy now. Oh Kris I LOVE the Gatineaus. Typically I visit Ottawa at least twice a year and always make time for a visit to the Mackenzie King estate - and the bike trails there ARE awesome! We'll have to get together one day and go for a long walk (but not to Bytown Market - too many temptations!!) Dana, I sent you a private message months ago but you never answered. You lived in Toronto and worked at Eatons in the "old days", right?

Glad you're finally on the mend at last Sandi - that illness must have really knocked you for a loop. Well Holly, it's the end of the week, did you catch up to and hop back on that wagon you fell off of earlier? I know it's hard, but it only takes one "good" day behind you to get right back on track - we believe in you!
Closed Thread