Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 10:45 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 3/1 Exercise Thread

Ok, ladies, we know that it takes more than good nutrition and water to get this done. It Takes Exercise!!! I know there are lots of you out there moving! Let's hear about it!!

Old 03-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

My plan for the week is 3 days lifting weights and 4 days of cardio.

Monday: Did my WHOLE step tape (37 mins) Whew!!!

Tuesday: Lower Body Weight Workout

Wendesday: Rest
Old 03-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #3  
Jo
Catatonic

Monday - 30 minutes aerobics (80's Blast Off), 30 minutes yoga (Vinyasa Flow - beginners)

Tuesday - 25 minutes strength training (Workout 101)

Wednesday - 30 minutes aerobics (Motown Moves), 30 minutes stretching (Beginner's Stretch for Flexibility)

Thursday - Rest

Last edited by Jo; 03-04-2004 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:07 AM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Does anyone have a hip hop dance excercise video???? I was thinking this would be fun!!! OMG...I used fun and excercise in the same sentence...LOL
Old 03-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #5  
Losing Again!

I started the couch to 5km workout from coolrunnings.com last weekend. I'm not quite able to do the first week's workout, so I'll be repeating that again this week.

Yesterday I did 35 minutes of cardio work on the treadmill and arc trainer.
Today I went to a 45 minute deep water jogging class at 6:00 AM, and am thinking about going back tonight to do something else.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

I have an appointment today at Curves. I am very excited about it too. If you bring in a bag of perishable food the week of March 8th-12th they will waive the service charge, which where I currently live is $149.00, YIKES!! So I'll test it out today and then decide, I can also have all my info transferred when I move to UT at teh end of May.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #7  

Going to start walking everday. Just getting started.
Crazy talk to my stomach
Old 03-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #8  

Yesterday I did an hour of water aerobics. Today is my just move move day because I literally am not able to exercise at all (not home until after 7) Tomorrow will try for my first full tae bo tape!
Old 03-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #9  

Yesterday was Tae Bo (30 minutes). Today was 45 minutes of functionally fit with Kathy Smith and 30 minutes free weights. Tomorrow will be one hour Heart Healthy aerobics (60 minutes). Thursday I have a date with the elliptical (30 minutes) followed by weights. Friday I do kickboxing (45 minutes). Saturday is step aerobics and Sunday is rest and peace (a stroll with the family around the lake, weather permitting). That is it for this week. Hope this finds everyone well and inspired!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #10  

Hey, does WALKING to the pizza shop to pick up dinner count as exercise?

Seriously ... the weather here has been INCREDIBLE ... and I walked 25- 35 minutes at lunchtime all three days this week. I work in a very hilly section of Boston (Charlestown, home of the Bunker Hill Monument) so I really get a lot from it. AND ... I did my walk-away-the-pounds tape on Monday night, too.

Now that my husband is home, I may add something early morning a day or two a week. I'm still trying to decide what to add.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:30 PM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybabies
Does anyone have a hip hop dance excercise video???? I was thinking this would be fun!!! OMG...I used fun and excercise in the same sentence...LOL
suzie76 and gonzostar do tapes, they would be good ones to ask.

At the gym when I say, "I did 3 circuits", this is what I did, 3 times:

3 laps around the track at the beginning
  • 15 reps on the weight bench (no weights on it yet)
  • 15 reps on the lateral pull-down
  • 15 reps arm extentions (10# weights, I start @ the shoulder level & push them up above my head til they almost meet)
  • 15 reps arm curls (12# weights)
  • 15 reps skull crushers (8# weights, lay down on the bench, weights up above face, then extending to down next to each ear)
  • Ball Squats (large ball behind my back, against the wall. I squat like I'm going to sit in a chair, then back up), as many as I can do, usually 50/75/50
  • Calf Extentions (large ball up against the wall, my chest against the ball, my legs at an angle. I push up w/my feet, then back down) as many as I can do, usually 50/50/50
  • Crunches (I do half w/my knees bent, the other half w/my legs Indian-style) usually 50/75/50.
  • Back Extention Machine (like a crunch sitting up), 50/75/50

Then I am supposed to do 2 laps around the track, but I usually skip it.

On the days I don't do all this, I walk around the track or our river. 45 minutes.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #12  

Hi,

I haven't exercised this week because I've been sick, but hope to start again soon.

Jo, is the yoga tape you used by Rainbeau Mars? I bought her set at Ross-very interesting instructor! I really like the Yoga Zone's dvds the most, along with Sara Ivanhoe for yoga.

Hip hop dance...hmm...I don't do them myself because I'm not coordinated enough. But check out at CollageVideo.com. The instructor Donna Richardson a workout called Old School Dance Party you may like. You can see a sixty second clip on the site. If I think of any others I'll let you know.

Oh, and MTV has some "Grind" workouts that may be hip hop. Check out the website videofitness.com and do a search there.

Sherry
Old 03-04-2004, 04:07 PM   #13  
Jo
Catatonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie76
Jo, is the yoga tape you used by Rainbeau Mars? I bought her set at Ross-very interesting instructor! I really like the Yoga Zone's dvds the most, along with Sara Ivanhoe for yoga.
Yes, Rainbeau Mars is the instructor for the Vinyasa Flow tape. I'm still not sure if I like it or not I have the "Basic Yoga for Dummies" by Sara Ivanhoe, and I really like it. The only problem is now that I've been doing it for a while I'd really like to just be able to do the moves, rather than having to listen to (or fast forward through) the instructions for each move.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:27 PM   #14  

Jo, Sara Ivanhoe has three other yoga workouts-Candlelight Yoga, joy of Yoga, and Fatburning yoga. Oh, wait, I'm forgetting Yoga on the Ball (stability ball) and beyond basic yoga for dummies.

I'm not sure if I like Rainbeau yet or not, at least I bought the tapes cheap.

enjoy,
Sherry
Closed Thread