What do you all LOSE A TON participants think?

• Wow...we have lost an entire "obese" person as a group......seriously...248.55. That is alot of weight lost!!! I am so excited....That is amazing.....we rock!!!!

We could take this even further and have a 6 month half year contest....just see who has lost the most weight. Hmmm...maybe we can contribute 5 bucks into a "pot" and the person who wins the 1/2 year goal...could spend it on themselves...like go for a massage....facial.....buy new make up...get a manicure/pedicure...something for themselves on us as a group. Do you think we could get this together....I would be willing to be incharge of collecting all the fuds...and sending i to the winner. I dunno...I just ahad a brainstorm....and thought we could make this really a fun challenge....and also get something out of it (besides the weight loss of course)
  • I'm all for challenges because it helps to keep me focused and motivated (by the way be warned! I'm aiming for a 4 point day every day in March! ). But I wouldn't participate in a challenge involving money. It may sound silly, but because we all are in different stages of our weight loss - some are at the end of it and some are just beginning we're all losing weight at different rates. I would feel like I had an advantage over many others because I still consider myself at the beginning of my weight loss journey so of course I'm going to lose more and faster than many others. I know if I won I couldn't take money from the rest of you because of what I see to be my unfair advantage.

Now, I would have no problem being a spectator of the challenge if others decide they want to do it!

Melissa
  • Yeah, good point Mel. Plus, that could get "who's in who's out" kinda thinger goin' on. It would be cool though to do SOMETHING like you're talking about... think more about it. I put you in charge!
  • Pretty cool that we can all contribute to the 'ton'. When you look at it that way, it helps show that "every pound counts".

Sorry, I'm not into challenges that involve pounds lost either. I remember those from "Gloria Stevens" days (if you remember those 'health clubs' than you must be OLD, like me!!!) I found them more frustrating than motivating, because they encouraged weight loss, not healthy habits ... and some of the "most successful" dieters were NOT healthy at all.
  • good and valid points that I did not consider. It was just a thought...I will instead challenge myself agains all you guys...LOL Since I am in the lead...