Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 11:25 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Talking 2/9-2/11 Chatter!!!!

How was your weekend?

I redid my room, that was fun; it has a jungle theme. Less than a week until my birthday!!! (2-15) And I'm so excited, but this week is going to be a BEAR. I don't think I'll make it home before 6:30 most nights... that's rough!

Old 02-08-2004, 11:30 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Morning All!! I should be going to bed, but I saw this pop up and I thouht I'd jump in real quick. Had a good weekend, seemed to get alot accomplished. Didn't make it to the gym as planned, Every time I meant to go, I found myself outside shoveling. So at least I did get some exercise.

My goal this week is to get some REAL exercise every day this week. No excuses!!!!

Jacob starts swimming on Tuesday, so that should be a real adventure!!

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:59 PM   #3  
baygurl

S/C/G: 326/See ticker/170

Height: 5 9

Hi yall,just checkin out the board and thought I would drop a line.I had a horrible weekend I have had the flu since thursday and I cant seem to shake it,went out saturday though to a comedy show thought some bar meds might make me feel better but I felt like crap again today.
Oh well I'm not working this week so I hope I feel better soon try to catch up on all those loose ends around the house.

If I could only breath it would be soo much nicer.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:08 AM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Well, Sandi has inspired me....and it is also my monthly goal in February to up the physical movement....LOL So, I think I am gonna join a gym.....but this sounds sooooo cool....take a look, and tell me what you all think.

http://www.bodytosoulfitness.com/

I just love the name too!!! The best thing, is that there is BABYSITTING...vital for me!!!!!! OMG...I am sooo excited!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:30 AM   #5  

looks good Gina! I too am joining the gym this friday! I cant wait! Mine is a coed gym and has a daycare for the kids and a few kids programs so i am planning on making it a family thing. Heres to all of us who are trying to move it and lose it!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:36 AM   #6  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Smile

http://www.sashacondensed.com/WWFamilyForum/

My aunt, who is also doing a 'lifestyle change' sent me this link of losers. I love looking at before/after pics! I have looked at all the ones on this board and it's such an inspiration. So anytime I see any before/after pics its a huge help. The link is before/after pics of 100+ losers. Really cool Tought some of you might enjoy looking at the pics, if you haven't already seen them.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:00 PM   #7  

Wow, Gina, it sounds like that gym is going to be so cool! It has great hours too, sometimes that can be so hard to find.
Julie, your gym sounds like mine. They do have kids classes and swimming lessons, but I find them a bit pricey. The girls already take gymnastics elsewhere as well as swimming lessons, so I do not use the gyms. However, the daycare is great because I would not be able to go on Thursday nights to water aerobics without it!
Dawn, hope you are feeling better! That flu can be a knockout sometimes. Take care of yourself!
Sandi, I bet Jacob will LOVE swimming lessons! My dd Elizabeth passed from level four to level five this past weekend. She is very excited, and we are very proud of her. She will be 7 in May. My other dd, Breanna is still in level two, which is fine because she will not be 4 until April. Both of my girls are water babies, I attribute it to carrying around so much fluid while pregnant
Apryl, love the sound of your new room! We really need to do a makeover to our bedroom. Maybe I should call " while you were out" lol

Busy week ahead, I have a daycare birthday on Wed, and I have not even started on the scrapbook! Yikes! Think it will be late, it seems like the beginning of each week is so busy. Going to make cupcakes for her (she will be one) that way I can send home extras with the kids and not have any around here

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 02-09-2004, 03:12 PM   #8  

congrats to all you girls who are joining gyms. i don't believe you will regret one moment of it. gina yours look great. have fun. willowgirl thanks for the web site it is great.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #9  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Shelby...what a great website. I definitely saved them in my favorites, so when I need inspiration, I will open them up....and see success!!!!! So empowering. I am such a visual learner!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 04:16 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

OMG--Anyone else watching Dr Phil?????

He's now not only a pompous windbag, but a complete moron. I know some of you are following his plan w/success, but this was the straw that broke my back.

He just told this 600# woman that being so heavy means she is @ higher risk for PROSTATE CANCER. Anyone else know why this is so funny????? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

WOMEN DON'T HAVE PROSTATES!!!!! hahahahahaha

Ok I'm done, off to the gym & the library to get some tax forms.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Ha ha! Now I'm definitely going to watch! It's not on for another hour or so here.

I'm really enjoying watching all those weight loss challenge people shrink, and I hope that teen challenge works well for those kids. It's always motivating seeing anyone lose weight, and especially keep it off. I confess I watch all the weight loss shows on Dr. Phil and Oprah--it's kind of an inspirational thing for me. It's like looking at all the before/after photos on personal weightloss websites. I keep a lot bookmarked so I can go back and see that, yes, it really can be done!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #12  

Congratulations to all those going to the gym. I know I would be uncomfortable in front of all those people but I do like the idea of having a variety of machines that I could use to tone up. Who knows maybe I'll give it a shot one of these days too. I'm just a very self-concious person.

I personally love Dr. Phill! I think he's a riot. I also love anything that has to do with weight loss, especially if it has before and after pics. I looked at a few of the pics from the site that willowgirl posted and immediatly saved it to my favorites. I plan to take a look at all of them when I'm done here.

We took my daughter to see Brother Bear on Sunday. What a cute & funny movie! I generally dislike watching childrens' movies but she really wanted to see it and now I'm glad we went. They really made an effort to include humor that adults would enjoy as well.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday (as good as Mondays can get anyway!). Take care all!

Beverly
Old 02-09-2004, 08:33 PM   #13  

Well here it is monday night and i havent checked in all weekend so i have alot of reading to catch up on.

Yay to all who have joined the gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok my weekend has been pretty sh***y, on friday i fell outside in the ice on the sidewalk and torn the ligaments in my left knee so i have been on the couch all weekend. Still have to go see the orthopedic on wednesday to see how severe the damage is (the pain is pretty da*n severe)

As for keeping on track I have done well this weekend with the eating and water plans but of course I havent been off the couch all weekend

I will respond more ater i catch up on all the missed posts.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:52 PM   #14  
missaprylj

Hey ya'll...

I like Dr. Phil too. He's entertaining, lol. I have Jay McGraw's "Weight Loss for Teens" or whatever..... yeah, I read it. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "dumbed down" for teens it just says crap like "you're beautiful, eat veggies, don't let others bring you down" over and over and over and over. I thought I was going to lose it!!!

Well, I have a meeting for the kids going to Spain at 7:00a.m. tomorrow!! Then between all my meetings and obligations, I'll get home around 9:00. Isn't that just special???

Sandi- Jacob will probably love swimming, tell us how it went! I was in swimming for one year and I HATED it because they would practically force us to dunk ourselves underwater and I was so scared! I was a loser kid. :P

Old 02-09-2004, 11:05 PM   #15  

Hello,

Kimmber, so sorry to hear about the ligaments - ouch! Hope you are on the mend soon. Ditto for you baygurl, flus are yucky and it takes so long to get your energy back! Sandi, it was nice to see your name pop up again. I hadn't seen it for a few days - sounds like life is busy! Good luck with those swimming lessons - those little ones are just too darn cute in those little spandex outfits. They are so eager to get in the pool and play "motor boat, motor boat"....my kids are still singing it and we haven't taken lessons for a few months. Thank goodness for the at home indoor pool aka bathtub! I haven't seen dr. phil's show with the new revelation. I do find it is very interesting to know that women now have prostrate...by association, should we assume men have ovaries? God, I hope so, I wish them one cycle, would probably kill them. Let alone having a uterus and a pregnancy (sorry guys, just kidding, I know life has it challenges for you too!). I don't get the chance to watch Oprah or Phil very often, but I have found when I watched the weight loss shows, it was very inspirational. I taped the one show Oprah had in January and I watch it when I feel myself waning (ie every other day lol). I also like the DHC and the weight loss stories on there, wow, it is possible and real for everyone to attain their goals, it is just getting the mindset. I also like the sashacondensed website, truly inspirational!

My week is going better, nothing like a big weight gain to give you a kick in the pants to get back on program. Better go and get that last 3 quarts of water in (just kiddin, two quarts lol). Hope this finds all well.
Closed Thread