Thursday - 1/29

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • No school today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like, ah, 30 below 0. Good times. I so needed a day off. This is awesome!! I just feel really bad for like, mailmen and paper carriers and pizza deliverers. YES! YES!
  • Hey apryl

Good for you....everyone needs a day off from this stress infested world.
    It is pretty cold here too like 20 degrees but the snow has stopped and the kids went back to school today YAY! so I am getting in some alone time and it is wonderful...
  • Hi Everyone
    I'm really shy about posting in new threads (perhaps GUN SHY would be more appropriate) but I lurk and read here quite a bit. I hope everyone is doing wonderful today. It's back to work for me tonight, I've been on a three day week end. Lots of snow here (and continuing to snow as I peek out) the temps are in the mid to low 20's. I've been a member here at 3FC for quite a while, but I'm not a frequent poster (daily journal-er though). I've got over 100 pounds to lose and I hope it's okay to step in from the cold and warm myself by your motivational fire. Mary in West Virginia
  • welcome mary. and never be afaid to post in any of the threads. all of the people here are so welcoming and inspirational. good luch and try to post more.
  • Welcome Mary! Pull up a chair and join us. Of course you're welcome here and it's great to meet you. Post often so that we can get to know you better.

Apryl, enjoy that day off! I'm very thankful that my kids don't have a snow day today!!
  • Better yet mary pull up an exercise bike! LOL Just kidding. Welcome and i hope to hear more from and about you!
  • Welcome Mary!

Apryl, our shcools closed due to cold 2 weeks ago. Boston is about to record its coldest winter in history --- ughh!!!

Not much going on w/ me. Today, my office handed out cannisters of Planter's Cheez Balls to all employees to "help celebrate the Super Bowl". This is all I need, on top of the 1/2 wine bottle full of M&Ms that was handed out last week to celebrate aquiring a new company. (I'm happy to report that both the bottle of candy and the Cheez Balls are still sealed up tight!)

My husband who works in a neighboring state and usually comes home on Wedneday nights ... he didn't come home last night cuz his area got lots of snow; it was still coming down and he was tired and didn't feel up to facing the 2+ hour drive. Thankfully,my kids (4 1/2 and 7) behaved rationally and took the news of "no Daddy" much better than I expected.

Not much new w/ me ... I've been struggling w/ wanting to eat off-plan this week, but I haven't succumbed. I also haven't exercised enough ... I'll be SURE to do it tonight!
  • Steph, Congratulations! Keep up the great work. You should be really proud of yourself for not giving in to the temptations. Each time you resist it's a victory so keep up the great work.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome "Chicks"
    Hi, I'm back on line, enjoying a house cleaning break. Thank you for the warm welcome.
    A little bit about myself? I'm 39, I live in northern West Virginia, I'm divorced/single, and dating one Pooh Bear exclusively. I work as a police dispatcher (night shift). I'm currently on Weight Watchers at home and I'm doing pretty well. I've got well over one hundred pounds to lose, but I try not to look that far ahead. I'm taking baby steps.
    I am very shy about posting, I've been burned by some sharp tongues in the past. This is the coolest diet site in the world. I've been here nearly a year and I know I could not have made it this far without the "Chicks". I'm here every day and I'll try to post more, I'm used to posting in my journal here, but I need to branch out to more areas. Just a bit gun shy, (no doubt low self esteem). I know there's nothing but wonderfully accepting and motivational folks here, but I'm just a little gun shy. I collect and dearly love turtles, so maybe I'm just "in my shell". Java Turtle
  • Awwww, Mary, come outta that shell!

Apryl, 6 below here, I almost heard my car say, "You have GOT to be kidding me." When I started it this am.

More later, back to work, brrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • My report card came! 4.0 I can relax for a couple..... minutes!
  • Welcome Mary! No biters on this board!

Hope that you enjoyed your day off Apryl! From the description of your schedule, sounds like you could really use a day off...

Cold & nasty here, too! Makes me want to hibernate!

Stay warm all....
  • Apryl, 4.0! You go girl!! You are an extraordinary teen and are going to be one amazing woman.

I don't post very often either, I'm a lurker too, but I'm always here keeping up with what is going on in everyone's lives and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to give praise to our wonderful Apryl for all of her accomplishments.

Beverly
  • Way To Go Apryl!!!!
  • I have had an awful day. I have not been making good choices, I am cold and I am miserable. I was in a car accident today. I am fine but my new car is totalled. I am grateful my kids weren't with me and I know I should just count my blessing and I do. It is just a hassle. I don't care about the car, it is just a "thing". It is the Police, ambulance, insurance adjusters, etc. etc. etc. It was -800 out (okay -40 but it felt like - 800) and I was hauling out car seats, blankets and stuff before my car was taken away. I ended up spending more time consoling the woman who hit me than I did dealing with my own feelings. She was so upset. I just kept telling her it was just an object and what mattered was that we were okay. I meant that. Then, I ended up coming home and eating the wrong things for dinner. I looked at my husband and said, this isn't eating for hunger as much as it is for emotion. I am just frustrated. It is the fact that I have two little kids and no vehicle. A job, a daycare, a school, a career with 150 clients who need me day in and out (and I drive to where my clients are) and all I need is a car, a meal, a bed and a sleep. Just the basics will do, thanks. Anyway, I just needed to complain, thanks for listening. I am grateful I am okay, it could have been much worse. My angels were sitting on my shoulder. In the whole view of life, this is just a little bump in the road. Right?!?!?! So, I am a little inconvenienced. I have a home, a family, people who love me and my life. It could have been me that was totalled and the car that was all right. There, I have gotten my perspective back - thanks!

As for all of those who are doing so well - congrats! It is a hard road and I am glad to see people doing so great. I don't know where my motivation went but I hope I find it soon. It is inspiring to see how everyone is doing so great.