Help! Babysitting Tomorrow

• I'm babysitting a 10+7+4 year old at 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. It's sooooooooooooo cold here I want to keep them in.... what do we do?

I'm babysitting a 8 and 11 year old from 5:00 - 9:00.... what do we do?

I'm always the "fun" babysitter, but I'm so tired I feel like I have to get some sleep, please help if you can!
  • Well you could do coloring books, puzzles, find something fun and healthy for a snack to make.....make a tent out of chairs and blankets....any other ideas?
  • Definitely cooking with them in the kitchen will usually appeal to all of the age groups. My kids also love to pop popcorn and watch movies, but only if I sit and watch it with them. It's different if you watch it with them instead of just putting them in front of the TV while you go and do something else.

I'll try and think of some of our other favorite inside activities and post them for you later. My mind is a blank today!
  • Art projects are always good, hide & seek, charades, pictionary & other board games. Have fun!!
  • here's an unkind idea: EXERCISE VIDEOS!!!!

more later, when i've feeling less evil
  • Jiff, I love that!! Believe it or not, my kids love to do exercise videos with me. They usually like it better than I do, plus their parents will be glad that you've worn them out!!
  • How about making Valentines cards - to give to their parents if no one else! I find arts & crafts can keep children quiet and amused for a reasonable length of time - obviously the more bits and bobs they have to cut and stick, the more interesting it will be.

How about:

1) Do some cooking activity

2) Whilst waiting for thing to cook, make valentines cards.

3) Then sit down to eat and watch a video

I think you'll still be 'fun babysitter' if you do that!

Amanda xxx