3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   1/21 chit chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/35523-1-21-chit-chat.html)

Charbar 01-21-2004 07:48 AM

1/21 chit chat

Good Morning! Well the dog was up at 4 am. Let him out back and went back to bed! He was up again at 5:15 - dh got up with him and let me sleep till 6am. He know I am the one that walks him so him wimpered by the door. He is like having a baby!

Daners - a 10 K run!! wow - you go girl! A 1 mile walk just about kills me!

Jiffy - job hunting can be very stressful - good luck! and don't settle!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Dana

Sandi 01-21-2004 09:23 AM

Morning all!!

Jacob spent the night at Grammies last night, so I had time to make a no sew fleece blanket for a friend's baby shower. And Hubby and I had breakfast together before work this morning. What a nice break.

I am doing good with no sweets, but am making it up elsewhere. I have really got to start exercising. (I keep saying that!!). Looks like I'll be doing something at home tonight since I don't have time for curves today.

Dana - 4 am - sounds like having a puppy is like having a baby!! At least you have someone pulling you out of bed to exercise!!! :)

April - Good luck with Finals!!

Angi - Your party sounds Groovy!

Jiff - Did I miss something? Since when are you job hunting??

Monkeybabies - How goes South Beach??

We do seem to be miising some folks. Miss Chris is part of the points challenge, so she always posts there. We also didn't seem to get as many newbies this year as we usually do.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

terrific pig 01-21-2004 09:30 AM

Good morning, everybody! Home again - still no sub call! I know I'm working tomorrow, though, because it was set up in advance. I think I need a career change...

Apryl - good luck on finals. My son Paul (jr. in hs) is taking mid term exams this week, and it's stressful for him, too. Just keep calm and all your knowledge wii come flowing out onto the page - or from the musical instrument! What instrument do you play?

I'm starting a new class tonight. I have to keep taking courses to keep my teacher certification active. I found out that the courses don't need to be academic, so this semester I'm taking a ceramics class! I'm fairly crafty, so I should enjoy it.

That's it for now. Have a good day, ladies and gents.

looosingit 01-21-2004 10:29 AM

Wondering where Godess Jessica is??? She would be a great help to Monkeybabies with her yoga questions.

WOW! Daners - a 10K run! I am impressed! I was thinking of taking a running clinic this spring to try running again. I would really love to be a runner, but never seem to take to it! Maybe I'll train for a 5K in August "with" you (virtually!).

Mary - enjoy the ceramics class...sounds fun! Seems we have quite a few crafty ladies on the board (Sandi makes blankets?!). Cool!

Dana - 4am?? YIKES - Good thing puppies are cute!

Apryl - good luck with your exams.

I am trying to maintain my exercise by continuing to walk into work. Winters in Canada are certainly challenging for walking! Oh so cold! I'm a bit afraid to give in and start taking the bus...not sure where I would get my exercise in if I didn't walk! I have decided that my cut-off is -30C (-22 Farnheit). If it is colder than that I will take the bus. Besides...I hate being couped up with so many people on the peasant-mobile. Blech!

Monkeybabies 01-21-2004 10:41 AM

Oh Mary...have fun at ceramics...I have always wanted to do that. Maybe this spring I will take a class.

I am staying on plan with this SOuth Beach WOE. It has been difficult these last couple of days, because I am getting these horrible headaches. I am trying to stay on top of my hunger...but it can be hard with two demanding boys!!! Especially when they eat chocolate bears, crackers, and eggos. HMMMMM...talk about temptation. I even have to stop myself from licking my fingers or taking "one bite" of their food. The only thing that is getting me threw this is I am getting rid of sufar cravings, and I am "clensing" myself. Well, it works a little!!!!

Dana, I much rather have a baby, at least you don't have to go outside to feed a baby. LOL

I also have to excercise too. I keep hearing myself saying this too....but some how I repress it. The last couple of days, I have been not feeling good physically, so I will hold off on the treadmill for a couple of more days.

Apryl...FInals. AHHHHHHHHH, I can say that I don't miss those!!!!! I was and still am such a bad procrastinator...so I would always end up cramming days before. Good luck.

Sandi...Isn't heaven when the kids are at grandma's? I really did not know the value of peice and quiet until I had kids. I really do miss "me" time, but I am working on that. Let's get our bodies moving.....by Friday...what do ya say.

Well, I am sorry if I have forgotten anyone.

Sandi 01-21-2004 02:32 PM

Ok, I PROMISE to work out at least 2 times between now and Friday night!!!!

Sound Good??

Daners 01-21-2004 03:19 PM

I love this daily thread! Love it love it love it! :)

Today's a busy day here. Taking care of the boys (was supposed to be til 1:30 or so, but will be closer to 4 now, since their dad didn't get home from work til 11 this morning). Then to the church office to get a couple of mailings together to be sent out while I'm gone. I teach 8th grade confirmation tonight (filling in for pastor while he's recovering from heart surgery). Then I get to go home and finish packing, take care of some domestic stuff so my house isn't a wreck when I get home and head to bed somewhat early so I can head to the airport in the morning.

Dana You're doing wonders for my puppy lust! I've wanted a puppy since I've been on my own, but the apartment rules don't allow for one. Hearing about getting up at 4 makes me glad...but for your sake I hope he gets things figured out soon.

Sandi I'll bet it was nice to have an evening at home alone with your hubby. Those fleece blankets are so fun to make!

Kris I am just starting out, like you, I've always wanted to be a runner, but the idea never took. I've never really tried before either. I'm taking baby steps but with the race 7+ months away, I think I can make it. I'll be walking/jogging a 10km in May--a tradition with a college roommate. Have you checked out the Couch to 5km plan on coolrunnings.com? It has a great little workout plan to train for a 5 km. I'm not quite ready to start that, but am hoping to be there by the time the weather warms up.

Gina Just keep plugging along, I know it's hard when you've got little mouths around--the two I watch are my biggest downfall in this venture. Just keep at it and you'll be fine!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend everyone! I'll be back on Monday night.

Jenaya 01-21-2004 04:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been here almost a month, so I am an old newbie. Sounds like everyone is doing okay. I've been doing well with food and exercise. My problem is sleep, never enough time to fit everything in. This board is very motivating and I find visiting it once a day helps keep me focused. Is that what the rest of you long time folks have found too? You all seem to know each other so well, that's nice! I knew there was a reason I was resisting the pleas for a puppy, I much as I would love one - I am not over the babies yet. Still up in the night, just for the heck of it! With respect to weight, I have been very inspired by the Oprah show this week (I never watch T.V. but happened to turn it on when the weight loss challenge show started and couldn't take my eyes off of it) - the first lady really spoke to me. The little blessing that appear just when we least expect them. I'll take motivation and staying on target anywhere I can get it. Thanks Oprah. Take Care everyone. Have a good week.

Jenaya

Sandi 01-21-2004 05:03 PM

A lady here at work gave me a leather portfolio (the ones with the legal pads in them). On the front it says "Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow" and across the bottom it says ACHIEVEMENT.

Isn't that nice. No reason at all, just because she is being supportive and wants me to win this battle!!

Monkeybabies 01-21-2004 11:37 PM

Sandi...how sweet of your coworker :) I would use it as a food journal or an excercise log or even a place to write down monthly measurements!!! That is so cool to know that some one is caring and so supportive of your journey!!! Oh yeah, twice by Friday is a deal.

Jenaya...yes, I too saw Oprah, and I was also inspired. I really like to hear others success dtories, because then I can really "se" that it CAN be done. I see so much of myself in those before pictures it is scary. It is funny, because I was watching Dr. Phil's show also on Monday about Weight Loss and I was pumped up...especially since Monday was my first day of my new WOE!!!

Dana, I don't know why your packing, but I am hoping it is for a vacation? We'll "see" ya when ya get back.

Well, today I got my Tanita scale. EEEEEEkkkkkks, I know I am not at a healthy weight....but my Body fat is horrible. I am in the "Obese" catagory...which should not suprise me....but Gosh, seeing it paper.....just hits ya down. What can I say...I am working on it!!!!!

Chat with ya soon.....Happy Hump day!!! :P

Daners 01-21-2004 11:55 PM

Gina--I'm off to the Big Easy in the morning for a continuing education event...the conference is from Thursday to Sunday morning, and we'll come back on Monday...so we'll have most of Sunday to explore. We'll spend plenty of time in the French Quarter, since that's where the conference is. So we might try to do a cemetery tour, or a walking tour of the Garden District...who knows. I'll give a full report when I get back :)