3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Here I go.... REALLY NOW! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/35332-here-i-go-really-now.html)

Mrs Rowley 01-18-2004 02:26 PM

Here I go.... REALLY NOW!

I am Johanna, and I am new to the site, but especially new to the 100 lb. club :) I guess I should start by telling my "story".... Well, I have been overweight my whole life, and I have decided now, at 23 that is IS TIME to get healthy. I have "tried" other diets one and off since the birth of my daughter almost 4 years ago. I feel sad when I look at her because I know that I am unhealthy right now, and if I do not get healthy soon, I may not get to see her grow up... :(

My husband is very supportive and loving and he is a great man. I know that I want to do this for myself, and for my daughter, but I also want to give him a lil' treat ;) He has stood by me from 180lbs (my lowest weight as an adult) to my highest weight 295.... Which is now :(

We had our daughter in March of 2000 and after being sick the WHOLE pregnancy with Pseudo Tumor Cerebri (a disorder most commonly found in obese women caused by a build up of spinal fluid that causes extreme headaches, vomiting, and loss of eyesight in severe cases) and being treated with a series of Spinal Taps, I THOUGHT I topped the scales at 265... I guess I was wrong.

Everytime I look in the mirror I ask "How did this happen to me" and then I reach for the ice cream and even as I eat it, I KNOW how, but I can't stop. So, now I have decided, this is the year, I WILL BE HEALTHY! I WILL LOSE WEIGHT! I joined Weight Watchers yesterday morning, and I WILL follow this plan.

I know that I will need help, and I hope, like many others have, I can find that here. I am a very good listener and friend, so I hope I can be of help to others as well as get help.

Johanna~

SW/CW/GW
295/295/175

Mini Goal: 29lbs. (10%)

terrific pig 01-18-2004 02:40 PM

Hi there, Johanna - so glad you're here. Having a supportive partner is one of the most important aspects of losing weight, I think. This is a great group of people - I hope you post often.

Mary

Jillegal 01-18-2004 02:46 PM

Welcome Johanna! You've taken the first big step by joining WW and deciding to do something serious about your health - congratulations. Now you start taking all the baby steps to success and we'll be with you along the way. We don't kid ourselves - we know it's a long, hard road and we're realistic enough to understand there will be pitstops (and pitfalls) along the way, but the important thing is to keep going (whether it's under your own power or from being nudged along by others if you feel your strength waning.) We're all here for the long haul and glad to have you join us! :)

Monkeybabies 01-18-2004 04:17 PM

Hi Johanna...
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!! I am so glad you made the move to join WW and you found us. I have been part of this board for over a year, but just started posting. So, I guess my best advice to give, is to post and post often...we are a great group of supportive peeps who know "exactly" what you are going through! Welcome again!

boiaby 01-18-2004 05:08 PM

Hi Johanna, welcome! I second what Jillegal said. Just remember, this can be done and you are on the road to doing it! Good luck, be strong, and never give up.

Beverly

Amanda Panda 01-18-2004 08:00 PM

Welcome Johanna,

You've come to the right place! I know that Weight Watchers is a HUGELY sucessful diet plan - so there is no reason why you won't lose the weight and give your husband that thrill! ;)

All the best

Amanda xx

missaprylj 01-18-2004 08:28 PM

Welcome Johanna!

You'll love it here, it's awesome. This place has changed my life, I hope it changes yours too. :D

jiffypop 01-18-2004 08:39 PM

welcome welcome welcome!!!! you're here with some of the wisest - and kindest - folks i've come across in a long time.. jump in!! post often. fingers that type aren't getting into munchies!!!

Bunnababy 01-18-2004 09:03 PM

Hi Johanna. I am new here too. Let's both knuckle down and take this journey. I need to lose about 105 lbs. It sounds like there are others on here who have already lost a lot of weight. I have been doing Atkins but will be switching to Sugar Busters. Good job taking that first step and finding a good program to aid your weight loss.

Jenaya 01-18-2004 09:09 PM

Hello Mrs. Rowley,

Good for you for joining this forum, you will find it to be a great support. There are great people here. You can and will do this for yourself and all around will benefit from your positive lifestyle changes. Your little one is lucky to have such a great Mom who has taken a huge step towards a healthier lifestyle. I am sure you are perfect just as you are and will only become better with an improved healthier lifestyle!

Jenaya
297/275/150

Step 01-18-2004 09:55 PM

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

1fralick 01-19-2004 04:55 AM

A huge welcome!

AngiKL 01-20-2004 10:18 PM

Hi Johanna!
You are already on the road to success! WW is an excellent program - and getting to the first meeting is the hardest , so congrats for getting yourself there!

Post often! Many of us have commented that we do the best when we post often - and sort of slip away from here when we're struggling.

Looking forward to seeing you around the board!