Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Talking #208??? All Shook Up!

Ha!! Anybody have any idea what "number" we're on? I'm thinking about 208.... but, perhaps Sandi can edit it if it's wrong!

Well, my first comment is: how do you turn "quick reply" back on? You know, that box at the end of people's posts where you can just type your reply and click enter, rather than opening a whole new window to post a reply? Man, the way I have to do it now is super-inefficient. Do you know what I mean at least?

Also: I picked my classes for my junior year of high school.
So, in 11th grade, I'll be taking:

orchestra
spanish 11 (junior level)
math 11 (junior level)
chemistry (junior level)
gym
psychology (junior level)
advanced american history senior level!
brit lit senior level!

It's a tough, huge course load, and only one study hall, but hey.... ivy league here I come!

Hope everyone's doing well after the big crash of '04!

Old 01-08-2004, 11:19 PM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I so much miss the quick reply too! I miss the old "new" site. I realize more now how many great changes they made.

That course load looks really tough! Don't know if I could do highschool again. But I did love my history classes. When I went to school (back in Canada) we went to grade 13.. I took every history class they offered.. at 6 of them! Now I work in insurance - go figure!

It's currently 11 degrees F outside- is it too early to be asking for spring? I have been walking our puppy every morning at 6 am - it is soooo cold at that time!! and dark!

Did anyone watch er tonight? The shows are getting lame? I still really miss Dr. Green.

Dana
Old 01-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I actually like the layout of this site better than the new one. The new one was too busy, this one is nice & easy on the eyes.

The return of Noah Wyle is the only reason I still watch ER. That & my best friend is a dr, so we watch together. But I tell ya, when Noah goes, I go, too.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i like this old layout better, too. quick reply appears to be back, no problem there.

my new job is pretty cool. a lot busier of an office and more people around.... which means nomore posting during the day! but the people are great, the money is good, and my benefits should be in effect very soon (which i NEED cuz i am on my last pack of the pill! yipes!)

well, gotta run, gonna be late for that job!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I missed Er last night, but had my mom tape it for me. I still love it, but am waiting patiently for the All star survivor.

I see the quick reply, Apryl - do you?? Hey #208 sounds as good as any to me. Your work load seems tough, but I have faith that you will do great. You only get one chance at High School - do the best you can. I should have studied more in school, but I was too busy being social (anyone suprised??).

January is treating me well. I have given up sweets and doing a pretty good job of sticking to it. It's going to kinda be my one thing. No matter how bad I screw up on my food, no sweets. That should keep the damage to minimum (I hope).

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Love Ya!!
Old 01-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Apryl - What a courseload! You're such a smart kid, though. I'm sure you'll have no problems. If you have questions in Brit Lit, let me know. I still have my notes from college and I even think I have the Cliffs Notes for Canterbury Tales and The Fairie Queen laying around here somewhere...

Dana - ER used to be an "appointment show" for me, but I quit watching it about three years ago. When Dr. Green was dying, I would watch the parts related to him and then change the channel. (Of course, I have had a HUMONGOUS crush on Anthony Edwards ever since he played Goose in Top Gun! )
Old 01-09-2004, 10:18 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Yay!!! Quick reply is back! All is wonderful again.

Today is a rough day. It's my former (it still HURTS to say that) best best best friend's birthday today. (For those of you out of the loop, we were tighter than sisters and in May she got a boyfriend and quit talking to me.) God, I miss her.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!! T.G.I.F!

Old 01-10-2004, 12:07 AM   #8  

Default Catching up

Hi everyone. Still an overwhelmed mommy over here. . . Glad everyone survived the holidays and some of you even LOST. . .You rock!

Me, I'm pretty sure I don't deserve to be on the onederland list anymore, but I'm afraid to look and see the exact number.

I've been lurking a lot, here and there. Elijah's getting even more clingy (which is pretty cool for a new adoptive mom - wow - he knows I"m his mom!) so, It's harder to get on the computer and when I do, I'm WORKING!

Dan and I are doing Thinwithin again - one of those, eat what ever you want, but watch the portions plans. It's a slow progress, but I think we're changing our habits little by little.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:01 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
It is a balmy - 26 degress outside! It didn't even reach above zero yesterday! weather not for the faint hearted.
Boy school sure has changed! those subjects look so deep!
Apryl how are you doing?

I am an ER fan too, haven't watched this week's episode yet, I find some episodes are good and others so so.

DH has been ill with flu. Can't wait for him to get better.

Work is crazy but then it always is. Stayed pretty much OP all week. But still have yet to workout. Which for mw is teh key to seeing that scale move!
Hope every one had a good week!
Stay warm

No I don't think asking for spring is a bad idea BRRRRR....
Old 01-11-2004, 03:06 AM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Jennelle - I was soooo in love with Goose when I was a kid. I did not understand what the big deal with Maverick was? I mean, obviously Goose was funny and intelligent and not a hot head! When he died, I BAWLED!

Life has been super crazy lately but I'm feeling pretty good. The new job is great (if not a bit stressful), I signed up for my courses at school and can't wait for them to start and I've lost 6 pounds since Jan. 1. Woo hoo.

Dana - I am SO ready for Spring. Of course, I can't complain much, it's like 70 degrees here. :P
Old 01-11-2004, 06:26 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

70 degrees...... UGH
+8 degrees this morning
Old 01-11-2004, 08:24 AM   #12  

+8!! I would take that right now its -16 right now thats not including the wind chill! I am so ready for some warmer weather it has been like this all week.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:02 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

HAPPY MONDAY everyone!!

I went to update a bunch of the threads last night and the site was down doing the upgrade. I will do my best to get on tonight and fix things up (mainly the January Challenge).

Things here are going pretty good. Starting week 2 of no sweets. It is actually going pretty well. I feel in control and plan on having a stellar year.
I need to kick the exercise in gear. I only worked out 1 day last week. Not great!

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:24 PM   #14  
Losing Again!

I'm so glad the new format is up and running again! I'm getting back into the losing mind set. Work has been crazy busy since just after Christmas. I'm getting ready to head off to New Orleans for a continuing education event the end of next week. I was checking out their weather and it looks much nicer than what we've had here as of late. So I pulled out my warm weather clothes, thinking I could get by, they're 20s. Well, after washing them up, I discovered that I was wrong. Some stuff fit okay enough for a morning, but by afternoon would be falling off. So I did a bit of shopping today. Picked up two shirts, a dress and a pair of capris for $45 at Gordmans. The pants are 16's and the tops are 14-16's. =)

I love the new option to have a picture in your profile, I put three progress pictures together in mine. One from January, April and November. When I see them together, I notice the difference--I rarely see myself in a way other than the January picture from day to day.

Well, should get back to gearing up for a big lock-in on Friday night with the kiddos. Joy!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 01-12-2004, 06:29 PM   #15  

My challenge for myself this week is to eat only when I'm HUNGRY. This is a struggle - I have gotten into some very bad habits!

OK - have to interupt myself to say that while I was typing the above sentence, Elijah just pulled a blanket over his face to play peek-a-boo for the first time! Once I said it, he kept doing it over and over! Wow! Babies are smart!
Closed Thread