Old 03-08-2021, 12:15 PM   #16  
Gizmo

Happy International Women’s Day to all the amazing and inspiring women in this thread and everywhere!

curvynotlumpy so glad to hear that things are really moving along for you at work. 90 applications for the position you are looking to fill seems highly encouraging. I’m sure you have been working hard to complete all of these projects and hiring, as well as your regular work. You more than deserve the upcoming time off.

Last week was the most active I have been in many months, but my caloric intake was too high/I didn’t make good food choices over the weekend. Back at it today with a HIIT and lower body workout. And it’s an absolutely gorgeous day here, so I will definitely go for a walk later this afternoon. I know I am making progress in finding consistency again, but I need to keep it going over the weekends, when all I feel like doing is eat and eat some more. I’m sure it’s partially related to feeling tired from restless sleep. Dreaming about my former job every single night for more than two weeks now is getting annoying and tiring.

Have the best week ahead everyone!

1: 37 minutes HIIT workout + 2.4km walk
2: 33 minutes upper body strength training workout + 2.4km walk
3: 28 minutes yoga and pilates workout + 2.4km walk
4: 36 minutes upper body strength training workout + 2.8km walk
5: Rest day
6:
7: 2.8km walk
8: 34 minutes HIIT and lower body strength training workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 400/282/270

Height: 6'4"

Whoop whoop! SUUUUP?
I found some old diet notes yesterday, from like a year ago. I can't believe how far I have come. Idk why it feels so long ago, its only been a year. But when I look to my psychological backs trail, I see a Long winding trail that skirts cliffs and crags, crosses rivers and streams. A perilous path indeed. One I can be proud of. I believe that is where the exaggerated sense of time comes from. I also noticed how important logging my progress was to my adventure. Like our lovely and loyal sisters Curv and Martine, I share the need to document, to record my ups and downs. I notice gaps in my records that seem to correlate with a waning motivation, or a major distraction. As I write this I am wondering if it could be like a canary in the coal mine. Almost like a warning light, lol. I get emotional when I read my notes. If I could go back, if I could send a message to my fat self...hmmm. I would say how much I love him, and how incredibly, incredibly proud I am to know him. Some days will be tough and seem to last forever. But you got this! You can do this! In less then a year from now u will be a new person. Its going to be so worth it! Sexy basturd!
I've been doing so well, getting stuff done around the house. Brought the nephew over and we built some bird houses for grandma. We fixed the fence and put new doors on the chicken coup. Staying productive. We went to the agate field and checked for mushrooms. This summer is going to be Fantastic!!! I got out my old Ford truck. Its the baddest truck on the planet. I am so back. My farmers only account is blowing up, no like, Blowing Up.
So, I've been doing some resistance training to go along with the cardio. I prefer hard work to exercise, but I realize its not the same. I believe a person needs a more targeted approach and exercise fills that need. Its also a great way to meet other healthy people. I am now part of several walking groups. They help with motivation.
On the food front, been slaying that too. Because of my gigantic size and moderate goals, I can eat up to 2500 calories a day. It really allows me some variety. I have been doing some fruit smoothies, pineapple or peach. I plan and make ALL my meals. Salads are number one for me. I used things like cheese and croutons in the beginning but now I have eliminated those high calorie additions. If I feel a little squirrelly, I use an egg or an avocado. Sprouts and sweet bell peppers too. I eat more cauliflower then anyone on the planet. I use cabbage instead of lettuce. Is wonderful and flavorful. KC helped me find a multi vitamin and I think it helps. Bell peppers freeze so well. Clean and slice in half. Stack, bag and freeze. Apples still rocking it, I wrapped them individually and it worked great! I can't remember ever being this healthy. My niece came by, I try not to be self righteous but its bull! She equates love with food and any attempt to discuss diet is met with resistance. I will lead by example. I love her so much but she is headed for trouble. I truly believe our family has a genetic disposition towards severe, life threatening obesity. I wasn't fat, I was the fattest. I was always the fattest. Like cut me out of my house and take me to Richard Simmons kind of fat! My niece said to me, "when u talk about being fat, it doesn't hurt my feelings, it hurts my moms feelings." I can understand, she is the fattest. Her life has been hard because of it. How can she allow her daughter to experience the same? She views my success as temporary. I just don't get it. But who am I to talk? I was the fattest for my whole life. I can only practice what I preach! My cousin posted a picture from a while back and, well, I was fat!
Look. Sometimes our attempts to become a better person necessitates that we never become the person we were. My life would be so different if I could redo it. Oh ya, I was so smart, so funny, super nice. And so freaking fat!
Don't give up! Try for 1 year. Just one year! U won't believe it! U will be on here talking about being sexy and healthy! One day at a time. Your adventure won't be linear, ups and downs, river to cross, forests to navigate. Its is the best adventure you will ever take. Find yourself and learn who you are. U have it in you! Make a plan, baby steps. And remember to dance like nobody is watching!
I'm going to reread my old posts! I am finding motivation through reflection. I would definitely recommend a journal, but not at the expense of getting started. Do what you gotta do to get moving. The rest will come! Get up right now. Today. Have a healthy meal, do some exercise. Then get on here and tell us all about it! Find your support and rock that sh..stuff! Don't wait another moment!

​​​​​​Hovering around 296 but I've been true! The scale doesn't show my flattening belly and thinner face. My firming muscles and beautiful smile!
Yo Curv, I can't believe they are going to give you days off. That place is going to fall apart! You so deserve it! Plans? Gardening? Trip? Sleep, lol?
William47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

Martine We found some really high quality peanuts at Cosco. We read that last year's cancellation of baseball games released a whole bunch of "baseball" quality peanuts on to the market. These are Virginia peanuts, which are the best. I've learned to put the official 1/4 cup serving size into a snack bag as my handful is awfully big when I want it to be!

Otherwise, I'm hanging in there. Still have conquered the fasting thing. I did make it until 12:30 again today--so there is that. Trying to cut carbs at lunch--still have made it to it just being a "snack".

Have a good week. I'll check in again!
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:46 AM   #19  

Hello everyone, I hope when you read this your heart is happy and your troubles light! I love all you guys and I will forever be thankful for your company. GZ, where u at home girl. Time for a check in what?
I had the most amazing day. I jumped on my best girls boat and we went arrow head hunting. The day was like 64 and BEAUTIFUL. I found an agate the size of your fist. But most importantly, I got to visit with my favorite! I so enjoy or conversations, our adventures. She was/is my physical therapist and has been with me from day one. She knew me when I was 400lbs and she still liked me. Today I was able to show off a little. We hiked sand and river cobble my knee felt great and I felt invincible. I can't believe how far I have managed to come. I mean, 5 months ago there is no way I would have been even capable of hiking like that. 100% I would have come up with an excuse or reason to forgo life. I remember vividly thinking "you come to me now, when I am this? Where were you when I was young and strong. When I could work for days and party all night." I love KC, but I could never figure it out. Was she wounded, had she suffered some traumatic event? Or was she just olfactory and visually impaired? How could she like me when I hated myself. Loathed myself!
Today, on the shores of the mighty Columbia, I had an epiphany. People like KC, people like you my weight loss Valkary, are revealed through adversity. Most of the time going unrecognized and unappreciated. No longer, I recognize you, I see you! And if in your attempt to inspire, motivate, and encourage, you are able to glean some transformational wisdom or determination, all for the better. I always considered myself to be aware, as someone who has experienced a lot. I find myself awakening, its not just hyperbole. And although the physical transformation is incredible, unbelievable. The real changes, the REAL changes are psychological. The physical changes are easy to quantify, smaller pants, walking stairs, shrinking belly. The psychological changes are harder to articulate. And because our emotions are physical responses to electrical stimulus in the brain, the circle is complete. Now look, I'm not implying my journey is complete or that it is not still fraught with pitfalls and tragedy. What I'm saying is I am fundamentally a new person. A better person!
So, I'm 49 and am thinking of retiring. I have no family to support and my lifestyle is very inexpensive. I carry no debt and am fairly comfortable. I have been doing some art, but I attack it. Constantly trying to streamline the process or mass produce the works. It is very frustrating, I seek perfection and reproducible results. I try to slow and find enjoyment in the process. Much lIke my exercise, I act like I'm in a hurry. Almost like if I squint or avert my eyes, it will keep other people from seeing. I remember I avoided pictures like a vampire does mirrors. My old thoughts of betrayal find expression through my new insecurities. I realized today, drinking coffee and watching the birds, that I wouldn't feel the need to apologize for my size. How my insecurities ruled my life. How being self conscious was so inhibiting. "self conscious" is such a Jacked-up Way to describe that emotion. Idk?
Went to the local watering hole tonight. I miss it. U guys notice how many people got fat during the lock down? Again, do my actions expose my abnormalities? The world is ending and I'm "passing" on the cake? Whaa?
The art thing? I got paints, mosaics, leaded glass, wood burner. Just kind of trying lots. My last project was string art, where you pound nails in patterns and run string between them. Its cool, just very 70's. Oh man, I took mom to town a few days ago. We got pizza. I haven't had pizza in so long, I don't know that I ever had it! I was able to maintain my composure but I ran headlong into the old "you went off your diet so you might as well GO OFF YOUR DIET! Pitfalls and tragedy.
Again I find myself at 296. But that's still 24 lbs past my plateau and comfortably below 300. I'm 290 or so naked. I don't know why I care about that now. I definitely have more work to do! I may need an amputation to reach my monthly goal, I'm just leaving all my options available.
Laters team!
​​​​
Old 03-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #20  

It is starting to look like spring around here. Although this morning it was 18 degrees when I got up!

I decided to take a week's vacation in April. Last year I finally qualified for an additional week's vacation, and of course it was 2020 with no place to go! I have to use it by the end of June and our one scheduled trip has already been cancelled. So I'm going to take a week to work on my taxes and to do some serious sewing. I find it has just been too difficult to get immersed in a sewing project with just weekends. By the time we do errands and take some down time, the weekend is almost over. I did manage to buy some more yarn to start a new afghan. I wanted to use yarn left over from my previous one. But I unfortunately decided to buy when the store has a sale and is wiped out of most of the colors. Decided to improvise, it is going to be weird combination of colors, but I think it's quirkiness will work.

I've been doing okay control wise. Our eating times are hard to maintain on the weekend, but we still managed to lose a little. My wife started checking my blood pressure everyday, and she is not happy how high it is: 140/100. I am taking water pills, but I refused to restart the heavier blood pressure meds they put me on before. I got constant aches in my legs, and I am not going to live in constant pain if I don't have to, therefore the compromise with my doctor of the diuretics. At this point, losing weight is my best chance of getting it down without further medication. Also need to break my addiction to salt (already working on sugar). Seeing an additional set of numbers everyday will hopefully motivate me.

Enjoy the better weather my friends.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #21  
Gizmo

madamwu take good care of yourself. High blood pressure is no fun. Here's hoping the water pills help you. And you are right to say that weight loss will make a big difference in controlling your BP. Taking on a sewing project during your next vacation sounds fun and relaxing. I know with COVID-19 we would all rather not take our vacation time and wait until we could travel somewhere to enjoy our time off, but staycations are not so bad once in a while.

William47 loved to hear about your adventures in the wilderness. I agree that losing weight allows for new and better experiences, ones that our former bodies would not allow us to enjoy. I hear you on the pizza thing and just going off your diet entirely. That's pretty much how it's been for me these last few days of my staycation.

Hope everyone is doing well on this new Monday. First day back at work for me and I think it's not entirely bad, as by the end of the second week of my staycation, I was bored out of my mind and felt so ravenous all the time that I could've eaten everything in the apartment twice over. At least the work day gives some structure to my being at home. And with my new work desk, everything is much more comfortable and practical.

So today I've been 100% on plan and of course, I feel a lot better for it. I know eating well, exercising, going for a walk, drinking enough water, etc. makes me feel really good. I just have to remember that the next time I feel like eating everything and anything.

Let's wish each other a great week ahead!

15: 33 minutes upper body strength training + 2.2km walk
Old 03-18-2021, 04:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!
Wow there is a LOT to catch up on here! I haven't been posting much but I am still plugging away with the weight loss. I have lost three pounds this month of the four I hoped to lose, so I am happy with that! Like I said before I haven't been 220 in about 20 years or more. It's nice to have gone down two jean sizes. It's now four inches off the waist and hips and I can really see it in the mirror. My husband has lost 36 pounds so he is all in on this as well. Keep working on your goals everyone!! I keep telling myself that time will go by. At Christmas do I want to be 220 or 200? Of course I want to be 200 (or less).
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:47 PM   #23  

Hello team, how we do. Productive no doubt! Spring is grand. I'm amazed at how much work I can do now, and how quickly I get it done! A new man! Truly. I am exercising on my slack days and working my butt off during the week. New fence, redone deck, trimmed trees. And I'm just getting started. Wild mushrooms are right around the corner and friends from all over the Pacific Northwest are making plans for the hunt! Can't wait!
Im staying way away for the scale monster today. I made Saturday maintenance day, where I practice a more normalized diet with 2 meals and a higher calorie allotment. I had pizza again. I realize I could make a better choice but its an Achilles heal so I want to test myself. Last week was a poo show but yesterday went ok. Today I'm back to work. Scale said 293 yesterday, 288.4 fresh out of the shower! Holy crow! Way under 300! Next stop 260. I like to practice normality and I believe I have the skill, desire and experience to make this change. I love my new life so much!! I think I might make my goal this month but its really not a big deal. I know my weight loss is mitigated By increasing muscle mass. Its hard to be humble when you are as sexy as I am, lol! All my life I worked on my intelligence, wit, empathy, basically everything but my physicality. Man, if I can get my physical appearance to match my insides, Watch out world! I have so much to offer and feel so great.
Idk the date...Don't care
Idk my weight...Don't care
Beautiful day!!!
​​​​​
Old 03-23-2021, 06:29 AM   #24  
Gizmo

William47 you are really killing it on the scale! I think the fact that you are finding so much enjoyment in the new opportunities that your weight loss has brought you will continue to play a big role in your continued success.

loganandlivsmom you are consistently making your way down and I admire that greatly. I like how you look at short-term (a few pounds to lose each month and long-term goals (wanting to be in the 200s or lower by Christmas). And congrats to your husband as well on his own weight loss.

I struggled again to finish off last week, after starting strong. Back on track again for the past two days. I have to figure out why by mid-week I don’t feel like trying as hard and maintaining my good habits. It’s definitely a mental hurdle that I have to get over if I’m to succeed.

Stay strong and healthy everyone!

20: 2.8km walk
21: 26 minutes core workout + 2.6km walk
22: 37 minutes kickboxing workout
Old 03-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

William: You sound like you are floating on air which makes perfect sense since you are getting lighter and lighter! Actually, pizza can be a very sustaining and nutritious meal. It's all about the toppings my friend . I'm thrilled that weight loss has heightened your day-to-day life. Being able to move your body easily makes a huge difference in enjoying what life has to offer.

Martine: Are you more tired by mid-week or just feel like your motivation wanes by this time? This is a regular topic of conversation in my health and wellness group. The desire is there but at some point it drops and it's hard to re-calibrate. At least you put your habits in motion. Lately, anything I've wanted to start remains only in vague thoughts. The one thing I did do was follow up on your mentions of Fitness Blender and checked out their site. Very impressive and so many free workouts! Thank you for including it in your posts.

madamwu: I'm happy that you're able to take some vacation time for yourself and get into a sewing project. It's interesting that a year into the pandemic, I've read countless stories, and have heard from a few friends who used the time to take a deep dive into a hobby, project, their health, etc. Me? Nothing. Aside from following CDC guidelines, state and local rules, and doing everything I can to stay well and healthy, my routines have mostly stayed at pre-Covid levels. Here's hoping you can avoid the BP pills and the diuretics serve you well.

loganandlivsmom: You and your husband are doing great! Having that kind of support is invaluable. It's still challenging and lots of hard work but easier when you have someone sharing the experience.
I can't believe it's been two weeks since the last time I posted. It's good to catch up and see what everyone has been up to these last two weeks. HR tasks have been keeping me very busy this month. We wrapped up our peer hires for next year and now we're about to begin the interviews for a new Transfer Adviser for our transfer center. This is a career position and we received 90 applications. We'll be interviewing 6 candidates over the next couple of weeks. While it isn't hard work, doing it all remotely leaves me drained.

Spring is in full force here. Daffodils, tulips, California Poppies, and the trees are all blooming. It's beautiful! Last Sunday I was able to get my first dose of the Moderna vaccine. In California, they opened vaccinations up to educators a few weeks ago. Today we learned that the county I live in has moved down into the orange tier. We've been slowly moving down into less restrictive tiers and gradually re-opening. This hasn't changed anything for me but I admit to feeling a sense of relief after getting my shot. In early January the Chancellor of the university announced that we would resume in-person classes in the fall. We don't have the action plan yet but are anticipating it being released in the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted.

I've missed you all and it feels good checking in. Wishing everyone a lovely evening.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!
March is marching on LOL My weight loss is doing great, slowly but surely, but it is going down. My daughter and I are going to start our walks back up more regularly now. It's warmer and the longer daylight gives me less excuses for NOT walking. I think writing down what I eat really helps. I know it's what Weight Watchers always recommended. It's true if you don't write it somewhere you can easily forget how much you had and how many calories it was. My husband is really getting it with the calorie counting too. He sometimes is shocked by how many calories things are that he would eat before he was trying to lose. It's a real eye opener!!
curvynotlumpy Thanks! I know it is much easier having him on board!
Martine Thank you so much! I feel it's the best way for me to tackle this weight loss. The idea of a new thread each month and a mini goal has helped me tremendously. How defeating it would have felt to say "I have one hundred pounds to lose." Instead I figured I can break it up into small goals and keep thinking ahead. Hang in there! On the days you feel you struggle the most, I would make sure you don't allow yourself to get too hungry. I tell myself if I am truly hungry I can have fruit. I ask myself would I want an apple and then if I do. I have it.
William I truly am so happy for your weight loss success! I know you will be 260 by summer at this rate. Have you ever been to Goodwill? It might be a great place to get some new jeans at a cheaper price. My husband and I would go there anyway sometimes looking for deals, but now we are both losing weight we love how we can get jeans for 6 bucks!! You can't even get jeans at Wal Mart for that. LOL

I hope everyone is doing great with the weather improving, lets make our goals!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:47 PM   #27  

Hello friends! What a time we live in what? Thank you all for your kind words. The dieting thing is so elusive, sometimes easy, sometimes more difficult, I find consistency, sustainability is key. Stick to the plan. Its hard to trust, to have faith in my body after the years of betrayal, deceit, and addiction. I really feel like trusting to the process, believing your body will respond to the changes, having faith in your decision and your ability to change is SUPER important. By taking small steps and obtaining small goals, you can establish that trust and even begin to respect and love yourself. Love yourself is said a lot, and I heard it a lot, but it was never realized until I found value, pride in myself. I enjoy being with myself now. I read my old posts and I get very emotionally involved. I said early that being fat was only the most readily recognizable manifestation of my obsessive compulsive behaviors. A result of my decisions and actions. I still believe that. I think me new physicality is the result of choices and behaviors, but its all mental. Its all about my psychology. The weight loss is just the easiest thing to see.

Madam, how u do. I support your decision to stay away from those BP meds. I drove truck for a while and 140/100 isn't super bad and I believe a change in diet can do a lot. Watch the sodium and lots of water. Curious if your numbers are different before and after coffee. Maybe try morning and night time readings? Just a little progress will get you back to where u need to be. Stay strong home girl!

L&L, I am so proud of you. I can feel the flames of your success, en fuego! Tell us about your adventures, what is it like to be normal? Do normal things, wear normal cloths, enjoy normalcy? I take my momma to Goodwill and we shop HARD! I got some gold MC Hammer pants and a matching hip bag. Lol its so fly! I feel liberated as far as cloths, I have been searching online for old concert shirts and festival cloths that I passed on at the time. I have been spending a lot of money on cloths. I love my closet now. I did have a loss however, my best tiedyed shirt from a phish show in 94, the guy made it especially for me, as it was a 3xlt. I wore that shirt on my most special occasions. The only hippy shirt that ever fit. It was my best! I was going to a bon fire party and got that bad boy out! It hung off me like a tent. Talk about a before and after picture. My mom and I laughed hysterically and made some jokes, but deep down, it was a loss. Maybe I could find some super fat person to give it to. Idk
I wrote something that I just can't shake and I wonder if you all have a similar "thing". I said something about how I would squint or avert my eyes to keep other people from seeing or noticing. Like, by denying its existence I could avoid the awkward. I think it was symptomatic of a mental state of denial. An inability to deal with reality. These insecurities would eventually show up as overeating and isolation. I was so messed up. I mean I still am, I'm just aware of the way my insecurities drive my compulsions.
I'm breaking out. We haven't had a case here in 36+ days. I worry the return to normalcy is being rushed, but I can't help but hurry. I attended a local card game where few people wore masks but I still felt safe. Then, Saturday, I went to the bar where by bro in laws band was playing. Maybe 50 people and no masks. It was so shady but I couldn't help it. I had the most wonderful time. I think the rebound from lock down is gonna be epic. A girl I used to work with total had a conversation with me before she recognized me. Her jaw literally dropped to the floor. I am kinda handsome now and garner attention from other beautiful people. All the extra skin is gross but with cloths on you can't tell. I still get a lot of questions like OMG what happened. Lol I got stalked by a cougar all night who needed a ride to her motel. I was so flattered and she was beautiful but I don't do the one night stand thing. It felt really good to be someones, anyone's first choice based on physical appearance. I really wanted to talk about how socializing is a great tool for weight loss and how when I was fat, I tried not to eat in front of others. Like by not eating or eating in moderation, I could insinuate a normal relationship with food and that my weight was the result of some unknown or unfortunate event. U know, not my fault. We can get into it next time!
I love you guys.
Curv, Martine, u know u r my besties!
289.2 Friday
286.0 yesterday. Its fake. Dehydrated, Idk. But I definitely hit my goal this month. I was going to reevaluate at 280 and without cloths I'm there. Not done yet. Going to try for 260 but it will take a while.

​​​​​​
Old 03-30-2021, 01:19 PM   #28  

I figured I would check in before the month is over. Had my birthday and anniversary within 2 days of each other. Still trying to get back in the rhythm. I am definitely a stress eater. I seem to get a couple pounds ahead and then I slide back. But I am still determined. I just have to remind myself that I am fighting for my life.

Wish I had something inspiring or interesting to say, but I got zilch. Take care everyone.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:36 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Wishing you all a great last day of March! Please join me over on the April thread.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:33 PM   #30  

Good health to everyone !!
Linavvs is offline   Reply With Quote