3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New Year, Next Step, Fresh Start: January 2021 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/321814-new-year-next-step-fresh-start-january-2021-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

RunningRedHead 01-15-2021 07:44 PM

Weightlesswinner: Welcome! :wel3fc:

Martine: Glad to hear your training is going well, but I do hope your sleep improves :hug:

loganandlivsmom: Congrats on meeting your January goal so early!

Curvy: Chili sounds delicious, especially on a dreary and overcast day. It’s been quite gloomy here as well, we went the route of beef stew.

I had to go for a random surveillance covid test yesterday for work so I could access my office. I tested positive, and to call it a shock would be an understatement. I thought I was asymptomatic, but I suppose I can attribute my exhaustion the past few days to that. It must have been very early, because last night and this morning I began developing mild symptoms. I’m so glad I went for a random test though, otherwise I would have been unwittingly spreading covid all around! I don’t have a scale where I’m quarantining, so I’ll check that again on the 24th :(

SW: 225.6
1/7: 227.2
GW: 219

Week 2:
1/8: 224.9 (-2.3)
1/9: 225.4 (+0.6)
1/10: NWI
1/11: NWI
1/12: NWI
1/13: NWI
1/14: 227.9 (+2.5)
Total for week 2: +0.7
Total for January: +1.3

Week 3:
1/15: NWI

Martine 01-18-2021 06:59 AM

RunningRedHead very sorry to read that you have tested positive for COVID-19. I hope that your symptoms remain mild and that you will be on the mends quickly. It is lucky that you went in for a random test and avoided spreading the virus around. Take good care!

After a very lazy Saturday at home, while we were getting 20cm of snow, yesterday I was back on track. It helps when I get to sleep a bit more, and afternoon naps help as well. I completed an upper body workout and a flexibility workout yesterday, trying to catch up on the days that I missed last week. I also prepared a couple of suppers for this week, to avoid using the fact that I have to cook after a long day’s work as an excuse not to exercise. I won’t exercise in the mornings after all, I just don’t have the energy at that time of day. But if supper is already done, even if we finish work/training at 5:30-6pm, I’ll be able to complete a workout.

Have a wonderful start to this week everyone!

17: 34 minutes upper body strength training + 26 minutes flexibility workout

William47 01-18-2021 01:35 PM

Hey y'all, how we do? Its spring up here, absolutely beautiful. I love where I live.
Runner: you're strong, healthy and you eat well. I know you will be fine. I will certainly be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.
Martine: I was thinking of you the other day. I was talking to my counselor about being tough and how society equates tough with mean. Like "we gotta get tough and mean", " rough, tough and nasty mean" ect.. Its been my experience, being a bit of an authority on the subject, that tough and mean are rarely compatible and make poor bed fellows. Tough is compassion, empathy, sacrifice and generosity. Martine, u are tough!
Curv: Sup tough girl? How u doin? I remember when I spent a whole year training my fire suppression team. By the end of the summer we were a well oiled machine. The number one team in Washington state. When the year was over, the boss busted us up and gave each member their own squad. I love to see my team excel and be rewarded. I believe it to be a compliment to my ability to train, but man, it was slot of work for, what it seemed, was little compensation. However, I found those contacts throughout the industry to be invaluable. I also take great pride in their continued success. I hope you realize some enduring benefits for your team building skills. The tendrils of your inspiration can stretch into eternity. This may be our immortality aye?

Speaking of tough...I've been crushing the diet thing. I've been using all my compulsive and obsessive behaviors to obtain success. I don't eat till like 5pm, with nothing after 11pm. I worry because I know I'm feeding that compulsion. I should try to eat normally with breakfast. I need to develope and practice with normal eating habits. I tried that Shi...stuff for like 8 months and didn't lose one pound! I'm over it! So, back to my sociological "shite show". I know at some point I will need to address this issue. I hope it isn't something that can derail all my work. I just wanna keep losing, once I am closer, I can adjust. Its the first time in my life I am not seriously obese. The first time pretty girls notice me. I feel its so tenuous, kind of a dream. Sounds like I need to toughen up.
I wish Huckleberry could meet the Loki... Is it Loki, or Lokis? (Plural)
Oh ya, I won Fantasy Football this year! Sweet Repeat, first repeat in our leagues 20 year history! I used some of the winnings to buy a beef. I normally try to eat wild, organic game. But KCs brother in law raises organic, grass fed beef. I can't wait. Took it to a butcher to cut steaks and such. Something you don't get with wild meat. I got too many eggs, suggestions? I give them away as fast as I can but them girls are laying machines.

Alright, love u guys!
1/16 308.8. New low!!!😎😁

opheliaphoenix 01-19-2021 12:43 AM

I'm still alive! :wave:

It's been a rough last couple of months. Stress eating, holiday overindulgence, and then a full month visit from my mom and her husband have me about 15 lbs up from my last post in November. I stopped weighing in daily while my mom was in town, so it snuck up on me especially quickly over the whole last month. The new semester is starting tomorrow, and I want to make sure I get back into my routine as a whole ASAP! Weighing in and getting back on track food-wise will be a critical part of that, so I'm making sure to start posting here again more regularly before it turns into another one of my loooong hiatuses...lol. Nipping this detour out of my routine in the bud before it gets any worse. :yes: I will come back and post again as soon as possible, probably Wednesday. Sending love and well wishes to you all in the meantime!

RunningRedHead 01-19-2021 12:51 PM

Just a quick check-in for me. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm laying low and eating a lot of chicken soup ;)
Casey, hello there, it's lovely to have you back!

curvynotlumpy 01-19-2021 02:46 PM

Good morning :coffee2:

opheliaphoenix: Casey, nice to see you back and posting! I read your list of stressors I :yes: because I can completely understand how juggling so much would put weight loss on the back burner. You've always done a great job refocusing on your goals and I'm sure you'll do everything you can to get back on track. Good luck with that and with the new semester! :book2:

RunningRedHead: I'm so sorry to hear about your positive Covid test. :hug: I am glad that testing is so easily available now and that they caught it before you had been around lots of folks. Keep us posted on how you're feeling and know that we're all sending positive :goodvibes your way.

Martine: Glad to hear you were able to get some good :yawn: and naps in this weekend. Life is always a bit more manageable when you have some meals ready to go. I made a crock-pot chicken dish on Sunday and leftovers will be my dinner tonight. I'm glad all I have to do is reheat.

William47: :bravo: on seeing such fantastic success on the scale and with your eating. No real advice for you but a question that I learned from another weight centered blog: Is what you're doing sustainable? If it is and you're not driving yourself :crazy: or skimping on nutrients and good eating, then carry on. I know that in my history of dieting/exercise, my biggest mistakes happened because I created unsustainable plans (some just downright unrealistic) for myself and gave up rather than understanding what was happening and making adjustments.

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive wisdom regarding staff moving on. While I do get sad, I always recognize and am happy that staff evolve and continue to find career paths meaningful to them. Though I did have one former staff member (not this one) who I was just relieved to see go, LOL! And yes, I do feel like I've developed a lot of skills particularly around transitions.

loganandlivsmom: Cograts on making your new low. :cheer: That's very exciting and I like your new movement goal. Like Martine, I check in every day to see how everyone is doing but now being a staff member down, my workload has increased significantly so I post when I can.
I hope everyone is having a productive Tuesday. Yesterday we had off for MLK Day and it I have to keep reminding myself that it is indeed Tuesday. Today is the first day working and being down a staff member so I spent the better part of the morning solidifying the details for our peer recruitment presentation tomorrow. If we were working in person, the only change would be the speaker. Working virtually, required a different Zoom link and then contacting folks who had RSVP to the session and getting it to our social media accounts.

Our campus is doing another walking challenge which I'm thrilled about. For me, it's not competing against other folks that gets me excited, it's competing against myself. I feel like I don't challenge myself enough and this gets me out of my lazy ways. :lol:

Wishing everyone a lovely day!

William47 01-20-2021 01:34 PM

Good morning! I decided to share what happened to me yesterday. But first...Hoorah, OP is back! I'm so glad to hear from you Casey!
Runner, keep slugging those liquids. Stay strong, I'm thinking of you today!
Curv... Are my best! So I think my new behaviors are sustainable, I guess. But who would want to live like that. I want to be able to eat breakfast with KC, I want to be ab!e to go out to lunch. I want to be NORMAL. I have practiced sustainability and 8 months without any appreciable gain implies a good foundation. However, I now feel like getting closer to my goal is imperative. This last bit is hard to explain...I have gained so much awareness. So my dietary changes came naturally, in that I just ate better, more healthy. I had time to plan and cook. I always thought if I had the time I would have a better diet and I do. So, unlike a race, it was a casual stroll down diet lane. Now the work starts, now we separate the children from the adults. Do you remember that turning point, those midnight dietary crossroads. I feel like I started a real diet. I am truly learning to love the fight! I have always hunted hungry, I think people should live a little hungry. My senses seem keener, my body more responsive and my mind clearer. Then I incorporate a little exercise... I feel like a new person, I am a new person. Thank you ALL!
On another topic. Do you ever get embarrassed when people ask how much weight you've lost. Like, "OMG how much weight have you lost?" The reaction itself is embarrassing but to then say " ah, about 80 pounds" I swear, I used to lie about how much I weighed, now I wanna lie about how much I lost. Its like PTSD, reliving the revulsion people would feel towards me. I had an ex try to pick me up at the ATM last night. Her compliments felt great, but underneath I felt the loss and sorrow for my own life. How much I have missed by being sooo fat! The last thing I want to do is dwell on the past, to remain mired in the struggle. I want to live, to dance, to love. All these things are still attainable and I will do whatever I have to to succeed.

Ok so. Like I said I been slaying the diet thing. So much so, I will need to revisit my goals. Yesterday I weighed in, feeling skinny...305.2. Ho-ly scrap! Elation I was so happy, I slid that scale all over and it still said 305. Oh man, I'm gonna text my everyone! KC will be so proud. So I reach down and take my phone out of my pocket...wait a tick, I had my phone in my pocket...back to the scale! 3 freekin 04! Thats right ladies 304.0! I feel like success builds on itself. It was definitely easier to diet yesterday. Today, sadly I weighed in at 307, small bump. I love it, more to lose!
Watch out world, here I come!
1/20 307 :dance: check out this little bouncing guy! That's how I feel today!

opheliaphoenix 01-20-2021 06:18 PM

Kayla: Sorry to hear about you testing positive...I hope you're able to get some rest to ease the exhaustion and that you recover quickly! :getwell:

Curvy: Thank you, and I hope you have lots of fun challenging yourself with the new walking challenge on campus! That sounds like a really fun way to get some extra motivation to get up and moving. :yes:

William: Congrats on the new low! :cheer3: As for the comments that people begin to make as you start to lose significant amounts of weight, I have been there and I know how it can make you feel weird about things. I think most people honestly mean for their comments to cheer you on and be happy for you, but it does stir up some self-reflective struggles. :hug:

------------------------------

I'm not setting any particular number goal for the last 11 days of the month...my only goal, for now, will be to get into my routine again and hopefully end up a little less on the scale than I am today come February. :running:

Week Three
15: NWI.
16: NWI.
17: NWI.
18: NWI.
19: 254.4
20: 253.4
21: 251.2
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week Three: 3.2 lbs.

Week Four
22: 252.4
23: 252.6
24: 249.6
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 251.2
Total Loss for Week Four:

Final Days
29:
30:
31:
End of Week Four:
Total Loss for Final Days:

loganandlivsmom 01-21-2021 01:08 PM

Hi everyone!
No real new updates, just officially checking in again. My weight went just below 229 and now is hovering at 229 and 229.2 but am much happier with that vs 264! :D With ten more days to go this month I will again state my goal now is to get more activity in, especially the daily walks of a mile or more. I haven't been this "low" a weight in 17 years!!
RunningRedHead I am sorry you have been diagnosed with COVID, I am glad your symptoms are mild. I am sure you will be feeling great in no time!
Martine Glad to see you post that you are back in the swing of things!
William Congrats on your new low!! So you are closing in on 100 pounds down? Keep doing what you are doing since it works for you. Find out the calorie range for your goal weight and eat those calories now and you will keep losing and be able to maintain it. I know, it's easier said than done though.
Opheliaphoenix I am glad you are back posting, and sorry it was a stressful time for you. Just getting back to keeping track of your food and activity makes a big difference.
curvynotlumpy I laughed at the competing against yourself. It sounds like me, I do better with a challenge or having someone encourage me like "lets go for a walk." I may not want to but I always feel proud afterwards. Even just a mile is better than nothing like before I was trying to lose.

RunningRedHead 01-22-2021 03:25 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the well wishes and good vibes. I’m counting down my remaining days in isolation and can’t wait to rejoin society. On a good note, I found a scale at boyfriend’s! I have no idea how consistent the readings are with my scale at home, but we’ll find that out soon enough! Happy Friday, y’all! :cheer:

William: Your question regarding being embarrassed when people ask how much weight you’ve lost really hits home for me. It’s one of those constant double edged swords: on one hand I am so proud of how much progress I’ve made, but on the other I struggle with feeling like I never should have let myself get to my highest weight in the first place. All I can do is focus on moving forward and doing the work of forgiving myself—and if any of this rings true for you, moving forward and self-forgiveness are great goals to work toward! :hug: Stay strong and keep on moving, you’re making incredible progress and you’re almost to two-topia!

Casey: Getting back into your routine is a great goal! Having a routine and rebuilding good habits is half the battle.

loganandlivsmom: What a great feeling to be at a new low! I can’t wait for quarantine to end so I to can get moving more—I miss getting out with my pup (who’s been staying with my parents) for long walks. Way to go on your progress so far this month!

Curvy: I love that you view the walking challenges as competition yourself, as every body is different and comparison is the thief of joy. But trying to best yourself? That can only lead to improvement! It sounds like you were due for a busy week, I hope it was quite productive.

1/14: 227.9

Week 2:
1/8: 224.9 (-2.3)
1/9: 225.4 (+0.6)
1/10: NWI
1/11: NWI
1/12: NWI
1/13: NWI
1/14: 227.9 (+2.5)
Total for week 2: +0.7
Total for January: +2.3

Week 3:
1/15: NWI
1/16: NWI
1/17: NWI
1/18: 228.3 (+0.4)
1/19: NWI
1/20: NWI
1/21:228.8 (+0.5)
Total for week 3: +0.9
Total for January: +3.2

Week 4:
1/22: 226.2 (-2.6) *Goodbye shark week water weight! :dancer:

RunningRedHead 01-23-2021 11:53 AM

Hi all! I’m hoping that since losing the water weight from shark week I’ll be back on track and can at least get close to my goal for the month, but if not, I’ll keep trudging forward until I get there. Tomorrow is my last day of isolation and I am so very excited! The first thing I’m going to do with my newfound freedom is go for a nice long walk with my pup after I pick her up from my parents’ on Monday morning :carrot::broc::carrot:

1/21: 228.8

Week 4:
1/22: 226.2 (-2.6)
1/23: 224.8 (-1.4)

curvynotlumpy 01-24-2021 07:42 PM

:wave:

RunningRedHead: I'm so relieved and happy that your quarantine and recovery has been uneventful. As if a Covid-19 diagnosis isn't eventful enough. ;) Enjoy that long walk and intake of fresh air.

loganandlivsmom: The joy in your post is unmistakable! :dance: The memory of being lighter that sticks with me is how much better I moved and negotiated different environments. Continue to enjoy all the good feelings and the new low weight that goes with it!

opheliaphoenix: Good luck getting back into your routine. Once you're back in the groove, other things fall into place. :cheer:

William47: In answer to your question, no, I never was embarrassed by the surprised look from folks or the question about how much weight I lost. What I consciously avoided was trying to overstate my own weight loss and present myself like I had all the answers and conquered weight loss. I never wanted to position myself as any sort of expert because each of us has an individual journey. And after having regained much of the weight I lost, I find it was a good decision for me. I've lost and regained significant weight three times in my life and it's humbled me. You've worked exceedingly hard at losing weight and are reaping wonderful rewards by way of a healthier diet, mindset, and increased joy. Deep down, the folks who really love and care about us want us to be healthy and that comes through with the very awkward question of "how much weight have you lost." Having a prepared response helps smooth the edges of the question. Hold your head high, friend! :cp::carrot:
I hope everyone has had a good weekend and enjoying their Sunday. I caught up on laundry today and did a few other things around my place. We've been expecting rain all day but so far nothing. It is windy, overcast, and cold so I'm :crossed: that we'll see some :rain:.

It's been a very lazy weekend. I did go into work yesterday for a few hours as I need to use the printer and scanner in the office. Mostly I've been catching up on Nextflix viewing as I go long stretches without watching anything. I've just gotten into The Crown and have been really enjoying The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It looks to be a busy week so I'm doing my best to maintain perspective.

Wishing everyone a lovely and peaceful evening.

opheliaphoenix 01-24-2021 08:38 PM

loganandlivsmom: Thank you! I'm hoping it will at least get me started on paying attention to my intake again...mindfulness is so important when getting back on track! :yes:

Kayla: I'm happy to hear that today was your last day of isolation...I hope you enjoy your regained freedom and have a lovely walk with your pup! :)

Curvy: Enjoy your weekend...hope you were able to get some rain! We've been having a really warm "winter" down here in AZ, but we got a cold front today out of nowhere. It has been in the mid-70s most days, and today it started snowing! :brr: Not enough to stick, but it was still weird to see after being sweaty just in the last week...lol. I'm curious to see if we get anything more substantial overnight when the temps drop even more. I don't think we're in for much more than what we already got, but it was a nice surprise even still.

---------------------

Just a quick check-in tonight! I was having issues making posts here or even editing my last post, but I was able to get in tonight, so I figured I would take advantage of it...lol. The site is still having lots of issues for me (i.e. can't use the dropdown boxes to use bold, italics, colors, etc), but that's okay because I can just manually type out the bb code for that for now. Anyone else having the same problems? Doesn't matter what browser type I use either, which is odd. Anyway...yesterday was my first fully on-plan day, but it's a step in the right direction! Upping my water is helping flush some of this bloat from my mom's visit as well, so I'm happy about that. I don't think I had any idea how much sodium I was taking in...lol.

Have to run for now! Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Martine 01-25-2021 08:16 AM

opheliaphoenix nice to see you checking in more often. How is the start of the new semester? I’m sure that starting back school will help you get back into your routine, as your days will have a certain structure. Hope that helps you focus on healthy eating habits again. I totally agree that mindfulness is a huge part of weight loss success.

curvynotlumpy love your enthusiasm about the walking challenge starting back up at your place of work, and how you want to best yourself. Sounds like you enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend. David and I started watching The Crown as well. We’re on season 1 episode 6 and really enjoying it so far.

William47 congrats on hitting a new low! :cheer2: It’s good that you have found what works for you now. You asked a very good question regarding telling people how much weight you have lost. I can honestly say I have never been asked, except by my immediate family. I am a private person, so I think friends and coworkers simply congratulate me when seeing changes, but know not to ask too much.

RunningRedHead so glad to hear that you are feeling better as you are finishing your quarantine. Hope you enjoyed that long walk with Loki :)

loganandlivsmom yay for that new low in 17 years! You are doing so well with your monthly goals, really happy for you!

After today, I should be able to enjoy more “normal” work hours, as the person training me will be in meetings the rest of the week. As much as I wanted to keep up with my exercise program, there was no way for me to make it work when we finished working so late every day. Try as I might, I just could not work out first thing in the morning. So I am making sure I keep eating well and trying to hydrate more.

I am still on track to make my goal of being active for 800 minutes this month, currently clocking in at 575 minutes. Walks have been a big part of that, like yesterday’s when we went to a local park and walked 2.5km in -28°C/-18°F weather. The sun was shining bright and we dressed warmly. It was just so nice to walk in nature and seeing so many people out enjoying the day, sledding/cross-country skiing or skating.

Wishing everyone a fantastic last week of January!

24: 2.5km walk

RunningRedHead 01-26-2021 02:11 PM

Martine: It can be very challenging to maintain a workout routine when adhering to someone else’s schedule. Good on you for still being on track though, 575 minutes is fantastic progress!

Casey: I was having similar issues, but today it seems more laggy than anything else. Way to go on your fully on-plan day! Keep up the great work :cheer::cheer::cheer: Are you still balancing nursing school with everything you have going on?

Curvy: I hear you on catching up on laundry, that’s on my list of things to tackle tomorrow before heading to campus for lab. I don’t mind winter, but I very much prefer bitterly cold days with lots of sun to more mild damp gray days (unless there’s snow!). It just started snowing here about an hour ago and is supposed to continue for about 24 hours :dancer:

It’s so nice being home! Loki and I very much enjoyed our walk and it’s so nice being back into a somewhat normal routine. I’m checking in today between meetings and post-dog walk. After a day of meetings I have a bit more work to do finding exam questions and then off to (virtual) lecture this evening—aka, lecturing from my living room :lol: After lecture, Boyfriend and I are planning a late date-night dinner—lovely sirloin, a big green salad, and an exceptional bottle of pinot noir. Happy Tuesday, everyone! :wave:

1/21: 228.8

Week 4:
1/22: 226.2 (-2.6)
1/23: 224.8 (-1.4)
1/24: 224.8 (+/-0)
1/25: NWI
1/26: 224.3 (-0.5)