Absolutely Amazing April 2020 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 03-31-2020, 07:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

Default Absolutely Amazing April 2020 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

Greetings and welcome to our April 2020 weigh in/check in! Join us as we continue on our journeys to a healthier YOU. Spring is here so let's love on ourselves and accomplish our goals. While here we can shed some pounds & inches and share some great NSV's (non-scale victories). A new month is always a great time for a fresh beginning, and with the warmer temps now making a regular appearance nearly everywhere, it also holds much promise. What brings us to this thread are our efforts to get/remain healthy in a kind and supportive environment. But whether we lose or gain weight it is only one part of our life. What does your spring 2020 agenda entail? Are you a gardener itching to get poking in the dirt? Are you busting out new recipes that are lighter but still comforting? Do you find yourself moving more or at least have the impulse to use the extended daylight hours to your advantage? Is there an area of your home that needs attention? Maybe you're just trying to find some peace while you're juggling the respective pieces of your life. Nothing wrong with that! Regardless of what occupies your mind and your time let's use these thirty awesome days of April to be more mindful of our purpose and prioritize ourselves in healthy and positive ways. We are on this journey with a PURPOSE and doing it together - this is a place to chat, vent and/or to use just for the accountability

Come on in, join us, and meet some great people. If you're lurking and curious, jump on in and post at any time.Everyone is
Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

We can and will ALL get closer to our goals AND hit them together

Hope to see you soon and wishing everyone good health and wellness.

(P.S.--It's been a quite the month of March for me. Like many of you, I'm working remotely and dealing with all that goes with it. Time got away from me and I had hoped to update my opening greeting but am instead recycling from last year. I wanted an April "home" for us and that was the quickest way to do it. I may amend this later.)

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 04-01-2020 at 02:22 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:43 AM   #2  
Gizmo

curvynotlumpy so happy to see you and thank you for starting this monthly thread. If you hadnít said anything, I wouldnít have known that this was cut-and-paste, as the message very much applies. Is your university offering online classes in this time of confinement? How are you dealing with working from home? Hope you stay safe.

On January 1st I had taken pictures and my measurements and am updating everything every 3 months. I am 7.4 pounds down and have lost 7cm in total all over my body (I measure arms, abdomen, hips and thighs). I see a bit of a change in the picture I took from the side. Though I see improvements, I hoped I would be farther along my weight loss journey. I have to work harder and get through the 230s, which has always been where I got stuck in the past.

Wishing everyone a positive and healthy month of April!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/213/165

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Curvy!

I sure hope April is amazing (and in a good way)!

I ended March down .2 pounds. >sigh< But at least it was a loss.

My goals for April really are to be kind to myself. We’re living in scary times right now. Kindness matters.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #4  
Gizmo

Vladadog I like your goal this month. If only everyone could remember how much kindness matters...

I am starting April on the right foot, being more active. On top of my daily walk, today I tried a barre workout. Of course I donít have a ballerinaís body/lines/flexibility, but I really wanted to try something completely different. I feel like I worked some muscles I didnít know were there, weíll see if Iím sore tomorrow.

Take good care everyone,

1: 5.2km walk + 32 minutes flexibility workout
2: 3.2km walk + 40 minutes barre workout
Old 04-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #5  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread, Curvy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 169 CW: 169 GW: 162

1. 169
2. 168 (- 1)
3. No Weigh In.
4. No Weigh In.
5. No Weigh In.
6. No Weigh In.
7. No Weigh In.
8. No Weigh In.
9. No Weigh In.
10. No Weigh In.
11. No Weigh In.
12. No Weigh In.
13. No Weigh In.
14. No Weigh In.
15. No Weigh In.
16. No Weigh In.
17. No Weigh In.
18. 169.6 (+ .6)
19. No Weigh In.
20. No Weigh In.
21. 169
22. No Weigh In.
23. No Weigh In.
24. 168.4 (- .6)
25. No Weigh In.
26. No Weigh In.
27. No Weigh In.
28. No Weigh In.
29. No Weigh In.
30. 169 I didn't do very well this month. Basically, just maintained my weight.

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: - 0 LBS.

Last edited by VickieLou; 05-07-2020 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Add Information and Weigh In.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:11 AM   #6  
Shifty Werewolf

My scale was acting whacky so I put a new battery in it. Seemed fine. Today while I was getting ready to step on it it suddenly read 234.6. Nothing was touching it. It just decided to weigh the ambient air I guess. It read 230 something when I got on it. I moved it to a different spot. Still 230 something. Come on April! Enuf is enuf! So I took the battery out and put it back in. 215.2 this time. Which is about as expected. But boy, my scale is not being kind this month.

Stay healthy everyone! And keep doing the barre work out Martine! Itís good to try new things!
Old 04-05-2020, 07:56 AM   #7  
Gizmo

Vladadog crazy results with your scale, do you think itís time to replace it? Or did the reset that happened when you took the battery out take care of the problem once and for all? So I didnít love the barre workout I tried. I might try a different one down the road, but I agree with you that itís good to try new things,

Iím happy that I was active 6 days last week. Today Iím starting a 4-week program that took me twice as long to finish when I had tried it last Summer. I want to improve on that time. I started my day with a 3.2km walk, before the rain moves in. After not doing much yesterday other than enjoying a couple of drives while the sun was out, with Loki happily sticking his head out the window, we have some laundry and chores to do today. Got the day off to a positive start.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone and as always, stay safe.

3: 3.2km walk
4:
WEEK 1:
5: 3.2km walk
Old 04-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #8  
Shifty Werewolf

I had to reseat the battery again today. It might be time for a new scale but under current lockdown conditions that ainít gonna happen. I suppose I could order one from Amazon but Iíve been trying to use that for essential stuff. The UPS drivers here are working crazy long hours and Iím trying to not make their life even tougher.

I have a couple little tiny sprouts in on my wall oí spinach. Very excited about that!

So far Iíve hiked every day so far this month. Havenít found my motivation yet today but the dogs are looking at me eagerly so I guess I better get out there motivation or no...

After that itís time to make some masks!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #9  
Gizmo

Vladadog that's unfortunate about your scale needing replacing, but I totally agree that it can wait a bit before you order a new one. Amazon Canada warns that it is only currently shipping urgent and necessary items and other purchases won't come until May or later. How exciting that your spinach pots are already growing sprouts. Do you know how long it can take before you have actual spinach leaves? Great job on the hikes you have been enjoying these past few days. Hope the area doesn't get crowded once the nicer weather hits. Here yesterday it was a perfect warm Spring day and along the river, there were tons of people on the pathway (we drove by and couldn't believe how people suddenly forgot about social distancing). It's great that you are making masks btw, wish I had any fabric and any talent to sew.

After a total rest day yesterday, I wanted to be super active today and had a long to-do list. Got up early and while laundry was going, I went on my usual 3.2km walk before rain came in. Then we gave Loki a bath, poor thing needed it. Now he is a real fluff ball, so soft. But his hair is getting long, don't think we'll recognize him by the time groomers open again. Then I started Spring cleaning in our bedroom but had to stop at one point because I discovered some mold when I moved a piece of furniture. Thankfully David has dealt with that before at the residence where he works so he sprung into action and got everything out. Unfortunately that meant no more Spring cleaning in that room for today, because I couldn't work with the chlorine smell. But then again I'll have plenty of time on my hands to continue, as our government will keep all non essential services closed until May 4th, pushed back from April 13th. And I just started my 4-week program today with some HIIT and lower body strength training, so overall it's been a pretty busy day.

Time for a shower and a nice supper.

4:
WEEK 1:
5: 3.2km walk + 37 minutes HIIT workout + 10 minutes lower body strength training

Last edited by Martine; 04-06-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:58 PM   #10  

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here, this is my first post!

I've just joined today as I've been on a lonely weight loss journey and wanted to find a supportive community. From what I can see here this is definitely that. I want to be more accountable. I have a long way to go but looking forward to enjoying the journey getting there! I'll be posting my weight progress weekly, if it's ok that I join you

Nice to meet you all!

Monday 6th April: 233

Lis x

SW: 252
CW: 233
GW: 140
goodvibesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

goodvibesonly! Make yourself at home and please post as often as you like. This thread is filled with kind and supportive folks. Iíve never met any of them in person but I feel like theyíre good friends. Youíll get endless support here. Congratulations on your success up to this point. Youíre doing great!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #12  
Gizmo

goodvibesonly welcome to this thread and wishing you great success on your weight loss journey

I just realized yesterday that I was getting ahead of myself in terms of calendar dates. I think it's easy to lose track when you don't have any work routine to follow. Speaking of work, I had to go in this morning for our regular tour of the premises. One of my colleagues has chosen to self-quarantine as he knows someone who was falling ill and was awaiting test results for COVID-19. After work I had some laundry to do and while everything was in the dryer, I fell asleep on the couch. It took everything for me to finally get up around 3pm and talk myself into going out for a walk to enjoy the sunshine. A bit later, I completed day 2 of my program, even though I really did not feel like it. Sometimes you just have to jump in before you talk yourself out of something.

Hope everyone is taking good care.

4:
WEEK 1:
5: 3.2km walk + 37 minutes HIIT workout + 10 minutes lower body strength training
6: 3.2km + 58 minutes upper body strength training with core training intervals
Old 04-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #13  
Shifty Werewolf

Welcome goodvibesonly! 3fc is an excellent place to get support on this challenging part of life. I lost 100 pounds a decade ago and I know I wouldnít have done it without the support from this group.

Of course I gained some of that back. But not all of it and once again my friends here are essential.

Martine - spinach is about 40 days til harvest. Iím planting two new pots every 5 days so once theyíre all going I should have constant spinach. Falling asleep on the couch is definitely a pitfall for many of my plans but Iím impressed you got back up and went out for a walk. And a work out!

I never see anyone on my walks. I live out in the country and much of the land around me is ďsugar bushĒ - hundreds of acres of maple trees. If someone is up in the woods working on tap lines I just head in another direction. I feel very blessed to have these woods to explore. Although the last 1/4 mile is up hill to my house. Just when Iím most tired.

Stay healthy everyone!
Old 04-08-2020, 03:22 PM   #14  
Gizmo

vladadog how wonderful that you have a quiet, wooded area to enjoy your walks. Must be amazing there in the Summertime with the cover from the leaves and in the Fall with all the colours. I seldom cross people on my daily walks either, Iím in a pretty quiet neighbourhood.

Yesterday morning we learned that worldwide, our company was cutting salaries of its higher-ups and temporarily laying off all part-time employees. Here in Canada they can apply for an emergency fund set-up for people who have lost wages due to COVID-19, which will give them 2000$ for each 4-week period that they are laid off. For a lot of them that will be more than they make at work, so at least I know they will be ok during this difficult time.

So yesterday I went for my usual walk but was exhausted from a very rough night where I had barely slept (I was anxiously waiting to hear what our company was doing since stores must remain closed until May 4th) and I could not find enough energy to work out. But today is a much better day and I enjoyed walking while the sun is out and completed day 3 of my program.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

4:
WEEK 1:
7: 3.2km walk
8: 3.2km + 40 minutes lower body strength training

Last edited by Martine; 04-08-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #15  
Gizmo

I tried to make bread for the first time yesterday. It turned out ok actually. David loves it. I am hopeful that I will get better as I bake bread more often in the future. Iím always intimidated by dough. But no baking for me today, just relaxing and watching series that I never have time to follow when Iím working. Itís a grey and rainy day here, so no walk but I completed day 4 of my program, which was an hour of upper body strength training and a cardio and core intervals workout.

i weighed myself this morning and hoped I would see a change on the scale, since I have added walking to my daily routine. Alas it is still stuck at 236. I just couldnít understand why, because I am eating exactly as before and I am more active, so logically I should be losing weight faster. But then I looked at overall calories burned according to my Apple watch and in a day, I am not burning more calories than when I worked. I guess I was more active than I thought at work even though most of my job is at a desk. So I have to figure this all out.

4:
WEEK 1:
7: 3.2km walk
8: 3.2km + 40 minutes lower body strength training
9: 40 minutes upper body strength training + 20 minutes cardio and core workout