Old 03-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #16  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Lent - yeah, I try to do something that is a challenge for me. Refined sugar is being particularly challenging for me so it’s a good one. I woulda about killed for a candy bar yesterday.

I’ve given up “junk food” and chocolate before but also swearing and “being snarky”. The swearing one was very very hard but I only slipped up once. I said “Sh*t!” and then realizing what I did I said “F**K, I said sh*t” which I promptly followed up with “G*d dammit I said f**k and sh*t!” My officemates were dying of laughter during this brief bit of noise from my corner. I am never going to attempt giving up swearing again.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Martine I did reach the 150! Hoping to get back to my daily 40 or so minutes this week though. Yay for you-time by getting your hair done (even if it did mean taking a break from workouts)! I need to go in to get my grays covered, but ughhh I hate how long it takes.

Vladadog Thank you for your kind words <3 ... You are so strong to give up refined sugar! I tried (and failed massively) several years ago. It's also when I learned how many food items contain sugar in general. at your swearing slip up story!

178.4 this AM. I feel firmly in the 170s if for no other reason than I haven't gone up to 180. On a bad day, I'm at 179.8. On a good day, I'm 177.6. Trying to re-focus this week, eat better, and workout longer/more intensely. Last week came down to just walking, barely getting my heart rate up. But new week is here & on-ward we go!

shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #18  
Gizmo

Vladadog hilarious story about slipping up while trying to give up swearing during Lent!

shellfoself great job on reaching your exercise minutes goal last week and staying firmly into the 170s! Don't say "it was just walking", any form of exercise has a positive impact on your health. Regarding getting your grey hairs covered, I am showing more and more grey hairs but have never ever coloured my hair in my entire life, so I am taking it month by month for now.

Didn't check in yesterday as when I finished my workout, David had made supper and I wanted to spend more time with him. It was all bodyweight upper body exercises yesterday (think a variety of push-ups) which I didn't do very well, but at least that's done. Today was lower body, including a round of pilates that killed my legs. Pilates leg pulses are evil.

So figure skating fans like myself are anxiously waiting to see if the World Figure Skating Championships in Montréal next week will be cancelled because of the COVID-19 virus. The Québec government is not showing much concern, I am very surprised considering what is going on throughout the world. I'll still take a few days off if the event is cancelled, as David will be on vacation next week. This would be my one chance to ever see this event in person, but public health comes first. It's wait and see for now...

Hope everyone enjoys a great day!

WEEK 1:
1: 38 minutes functional upper body strength training
2: 62 minutes pilates workout
3: 37 minutes chest and triceps strength training
4: 41 minutes lower body strength training
5: 26 minutes static stretches workout
6:
7:
WEEK 2:
8: 40 minutes HIIT + 15 minutes lower body strength training
9: 39 minutes upper body bodyweight training
10: 27 minutes lower body strength training + 22 minutes pilates workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #19  
Shifty Werewolf

I’m in the 218-217 doldrums. Just bouncing around going nowhere. I know this will end and I’m fine just eating my meals and doing my walks and lower numbers will come. Does make me less likely to pop in here to post though. Same old same old thing.

I did have a NSV in that yesterday I put on a d fit into some jeans 2 sizes down from my regular ones. That was a pleasant surprise. I tried them on a couple weeks ago when I weighed about the same as I do now and buttoning them
was very much not an option. Yesterday the buttoned and while tight were not uncomfortable to wear. So yay!
Old 03-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #20  

Martine That's amazing! I wish I had never started! I feel as if im stuck in a vicious colour cycle!! My hair will be too patchy if I were to stop now. ... and it appears the World Figure Skating Championships have been canceled Meanwhile, I'm currently on wait and see for Disney World in May. Regardless, I will from now on pay for the "cancel for any reason" insurance ... also, I appreciate your comment "any form of exercise has a positive impact"! You're right! I need to have a better attitude about moving just in general.

Vladadog Same! I feel that way whenever I'm stuck too (which I currently am ). But YAY on your NSV though!!

Back at 179 the last two days. It's what it is. The CVOID-19 virus stuff is making people bonkers where I'm from. So... Hoping that everyone has a wonderfully relaxing, virus-free and drama-free weekend!
Old 03-13-2020, 07:47 PM   #21  
Gizmo

Vladadog wonderful NSV! I think I am still far from dropping clothes sizes, so I am quite envious. Hold on to that feeling of putting on those jeans whenever you are feeling like the scale is not cooperating.

shellofself yeah I learned about Worlds being cancelled while I was at work. Not surprised at all but still very disappointed. I hope that things will settle down by May in time for your Disney trip. Here too some people are going insane regarding COVID-19. Someone explain to me why one needs so much toilet paper in such a time? Even if eventually the government puts entire areas in quarantine for 14 days, just how much toilet paper do you go through in 2 weeks?

I stayed 2 hours later at work on Wednesday and didn’t have any energy left to exercise. Then yesterday I had no excuse but just didn’t get moving. But today I finally finished the other program I was doing and am very pleased that I got through both. I’m trying to use exercise as stress relief in this strange time we are in.

I learned today that the district coordinator will have surgery for severe carpel tunnel syndrome in both wrists and my district manager has asked me to take over some of her tasks during her recovery. I’ll know more on Tuesday when I spend some time in their office. I just have to make sure that my district manager doesn’t ask too much of me, considering I have my own workload.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

WEEK 1:
6:
7:
WEEK 2:
11:
12:
13: 48 minutes upper body strength training
Old 03-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #22  
Gizmo

Hope wherever everyone is, you are all staying healthy and safe. Let's have a good week ahead.

Our provincial government has now closed all schools and any gathering places, such as gyms, bars, cinemas, public pools and arenas. Restaurants can remain open as long as they are at 50% capacity and space out tables. And anyone above 70-years-old is advised to stay home. So I told my78-year-old dad to call me for anything. I have a feeling any non-essential stores will eventually close down as well, like in parts of Europe, so it's a wait-and-see situation for me. It was total mayhem at grocery stores for a few days, but now things are settling down, though shelves need re-stocking. I can only hope people follow guidelines to keep each other safe.

These past three days have not been the best for me. I ate normally at breakfast and lunch but by supper time, reverted back to bad habits of overeating or getting take out. I couldn't find any mental energy to exercise either, which only made everything worse, because it really is a way for me to relieve some stress. So today I aim to get back on track, having done a solid workout this morning before my afternoon/evening shift. I'm supposed to work only 2 1/2 days this week, as I had already taken time off for the World Figure Skating Championships that are now cancelled and I chose to keep the scheduled paid days off. David is on vacation all week, so at least we'll get to spend some time together starting midday Wednesday. Now to make some good, healthy food for supper and start getting ready for work.

WEEK 1:
6:
7:
WEEK 2:
11:
12:
14:
WEEK 3:
15:
16: 39 minutes lower body strength training and pilates

Old 03-17-2020, 06:42 PM   #23  
Gizmo

How is everyone doing? What ways are you finding to cope with what is currently going on in the world? Sending good vibes to all of you

I only worked a half-day today, to recuperate on all the extra hours that I worked because I was training a new assistant-manager and it set me back quite a bit. I was so tired, I fell asleep on the couch but that only lasted about 5 minutes as my father called with good news: he got a fairly big return on his income tax. And his doctor finally diagnosed him for a problem he's been having for a few weeks but never went in for, so hopefully things are looking up for him. On the downside, David has a head cold and is not enjoying his vacation time much. As long as he rests, that's all I wish for him.

I was so tired that I really did not feel like cooking nor exercising, but I kicked myself in the butt and made spinach and ricotta canellonis with homemade rosée sauce (first time trying this, hope it tastes good ) and I just finished my workout. But while all of that was going on, I got a call from my boss and we just learned that they are reducing store hours starting tomorrow. I'll know more about how this affects my schedule tomorrow, but then I had 4 days off planned so we'll see what happens next.

WEEK 1:
6:
7:
WEEK 2:
11:
12:
14:
WEEK 3:
15:
17: 38 minutes upper body strength training

Old 03-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #24  
Shifty Werewolf

Everything is closed in Vermont - schools, restaurants, bars, non-essential businesses. I pretty much just stay home anyway but now everyone else is staying home too. I feel very lucky though that I live in a beautiful rural area so I can still get out for hikes without fear of meeting anyone contagious. Or anyone at all, actually.

I volunteer at a local food shelf and today was the big monthly distribution. This was my best (worst?)(you know what I mean) opportunity to get sick - we’ll know in a week or so how well I did.

I am sticking with my no refined sugar pledge but man it is really hard. I want to stress eat a few pints of Ben & Jerry’s and collapse in a sugar coma.

And I got on the scale the other day and it said 214.0!!!! But that seemed super unlikely so I got off and back on to 217 something. Which was verified a few more times. Stupid scale.

Scary times we’re living through. Please take care of yourselves and be kind to yourselves! We’ll get through this and we WILL be thinner by summer!
Old 03-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #25  

Coming in from Texas. The governor has left it to cities/districts to determine what protocols they want to institute--which has just caused more chaos. I live in a small suburb, and my town has shut down schools, restaurants (except for takeout), and capped gatherings at 50. I've been working from home since Monday, but it's all been a blur. Working while keeping a toddler entertained has me rethinking our plan for baby number two

And, yes, people have gone absolutely mad here too. I laughed when I read what you wrote a few days back, Martine! I agree! Even with a 14-day quarantine, I'm incredibly concerned about the bowel movements of my community members if they require that much toilet paper and eggs (our stores have been without eggs for over a week now). I've also had difficulty getting my weekly greens/produce, which is upsetting... I feel that those that normally don't eat spinach and zucchini won't likely start just because they've been quarantined. It's making it really hard to eat healthy when I can't buy/eat my go-tos...

Vladadog Again, I don't know how you're doing it! I'm trying (and failing) to keep from binging out of stress. But you're right; we WILL get through this!

.. and like clockwork, my child has awoken from his nap.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #26  
Gizmo

So after reducing our stores’ opening hours yesterday, I got a call this morning that all of our stores were closing this very morning. I must admit that even though I knew it was coming eventually, I cried upon learning this news. My manager asked me to come in even though it was my day off, and of course I hurried into work to help our team get everything done. I was tasked with calling each employee to deliver this sad news and make sure we had all of their updated information to contact them, as we get more information.

Our company will pay out the remaining days this week and the next full two weeks to all its employees. They also deposited the part-timers’ vacation pay a month early, to help them face this situation. They have also cancelled all managers’ salary increases this year, to ensure they can give one to employees in June. Very proud of what they are doing for our employees, as I know others are not as fortunate. I do have to go in again tomorrow though, to make sure everyone gets paid accordingly.

Needless to say these past couple of days I have come home very late and have not worked out, but I will take it up again tomorrow. I’ve been eating mindfully though, so at least I am taking care of myself as best I can.

I will do personals later.

Take good care everyone

Last edited by Martine; 03-19-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:26 PM   #27  
Gizmo

Vladadog it's very inspiring to read about your volunteering and it warms my heart to see people like you who are doing what they can to help others in this difficult time. Great job on staying away from refined sugar, not an easy feat no matter the situation. Hope you too stay safe and healthy.

shellofself stay strong as you work from home with your toddler around, THAT is really a mark of a super-mom. After the craziness from last week, stores are re-stocking shelves as they get their deliveries. I haven't seen anyone run out of eggs yet, but often there are only the most expensive organic-omega3-free range-diamond incrusted eggs left. I am surprised that in Texas stores are running low on produce, I thought there were a lot of farms in that state and production year-round. Goes to show how little I know. You mention confusion because cities/districts are left to chose their own protocols. The same can be said throughout Canada as some provinces have closed everything, others barely anything. It keeps changing every day too, which doesn't help. Hang in there though, this too shall pass.

Today was my last work day for a while. I got to spend about 3 hours calling all of our employees again to let them know they would get paid for the next two weeks. A much more pleasant conversation than when I had to tell them we were closing yesterday when we didn't yet have all the information to give them. I've been awake since 2am, my mind running. I finally crashed around 4pm and fell asleep watching a tv show, but just for a little bit. I got in a flexibility workout just now, because that's all the energy I had at this point in the day. Time for some supper and a very low-key evening with David, who at least seems to be on the mends from his head cold.

Have a great evening everyone!

WEEK 1:
6:
7:
WEEK 2:
11:
12:
14:
WEEK 3:
15:
18:
19:
20: 30 minutes flexibility workout
Old 03-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Martine, shellofself might respond but I think Texas is a ranching state more than farming. So they would have plenty of meat. Produce would be California and maybe Florida for citrus. Here in PA a lot of our produce comes from South American countries.

Everything is closed here except for food or medicine. No non life sustaining businesses. I hate going to the store because you have to go to several until you find what you need. TP is the hot item! I went to 3 stores today until I could find Tylenol but grabbed a lot of other things I saw in each store. So I am good for a while except for milk and bread that DH needs every few days.

Good that we have the forum to keep in touch with the outside world.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #29  
Gizmo

Wannabehealthy nice to see you Makes sense what you explained about Texas, should've thought of that. Sorry to hear that everything is closed in your area, it's coming to that here as well soon, I think. Hope grocery stores and drugstores in your area can find a way to re-stock items more quickly. Stay safe!

Today felt like a regular Saturday off. We cleaned some, went for a drive because the sun is out but it's too cold to walk still, we completed our income tax returns and we watched "Ford vs Ferrari", which was truly excellent. This morning I decided to weight myself and I am now at 236, which means I am officially 25 pounds down since my highest weight last June and 8.4 pounds down since January (snail's pace I tell you). In the past, I have not made it past the 230s and wound up going back to bad habits and gaining back all the weight and more, so this is always at the back of my mind. Trying to stay focused.

Wishing everyone a great weekend of indoor fun!

WEEK 1:
6:
7:
WEEK 2:
11:
12:
14:
WEEK 3:
15:
18:
19:
20: 30 minutes flexibility workout
21: 32 minutes lower body strength training
Old 03-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #30  
Shifty Werewolf

I get my milk, eggs, and beef from local farms. Chicken too but that’s 40 minutes away. If only toilet paper grew on tree I’d be all set!

I do eat a lot of fresh spinach. Like, a whole lot. Every day. That’s not easy to stock for a 14 day isolation though. But I’m coming up with a way to grow spinach on a unused bit of wall in my kitchen. Fresh spinach year round. (If it works, but spinach is pretty easy to grow...). This won’t help me for this quarantine period but just in general it will be a good thing.

Martine- it’s sad your store had to close for now but it really sounds like your employer tried to be as generous as possible in these uncertain times. Restaurants around here have all started offering take out. And I’ve ordered gift certificates from a few favorites to use as Christmas presents. Christmas seems so long from now, doesn’t it.

I hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, and not terribly too tempted by those very full cupboards!

Last edited by Vladadog; 03-22-2020 at 08:21 PM.