Old 01-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #46  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Gulf - before menopause, the first time I lost a bunch of weight, I probably lost about as much as you’re aiming for, starting from about the same point, too. So I don’t think your goal is unreasonable. Easy? No, but not impossible. And it’s good to have goals!

WZin - I thought of your Aunt last night, for no reason at all. But I think going unexpectedly after a good and happy life, I think that’s a better end than most people get. I hope you have/had a delightful joyous memorial for her. Remember her life while you mourn her loss.

Martine - I have a conmpact Oxford English Dictionary that came with an excellent magnifying glass. I looked on ebay and amazon to see if anyone is just selling a replacement glass. You can buy one with the OED for $135 on ebay (yikes!) but amazon had a bunch of inexpensive good glasses under the “OED magnifying glass” search.

I was down again a bit when I weighed today. So that’s definitely a victory. But right now for me the real victory is that I’m doing a good job making healthy choices but not depriving myself of the occasional treat. I’m not feeling hungry or deprived or like I’m dieting. I just feel like I’m living a regular life. Which is my goal. I don’t want to lose this weight again and then go back to my bad old ways. I want my new ways I’m building now to just be my regular way of eating. I thought the first time that I’d stick with my calorie counting, but I know me better than that now. But I feel like IF and my current eating patterns are really something I can stick with. And I’ve got another 60 pounds to keep practicing!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:03 PM   #47  
Gizmo

shellofself how fun that your office is taking part in a fitness competition. What does the winning office get as a reward? I commend you for using the 150 minutes per week goal to change the types of workouts you will do. Thanks for asking about my legs, I did not get DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) as I expected, just some tightness.

Vladadog very happy for you that the scale is moving in the right direction. I totally agree with you that we have to find a plan that we will be able to maintain, a true lifestyle change, I too make healthy choices but won’t beat myself up if I have a treat. I just chose when to have it, instead of letting that type of food have control over me. Thanks for the suggestions for reading aids for my father. I’m still looking into it.

WZin yes we have Walmart here, but I couldn’t find anything for my father there. My husband works in a residence for semi-autonomous retirees and he asked the nurse there and she referred us to an organization here in my city where you can rent/borrow visual aids for someone in my father’s situation. I hope your health issues are under control. Take good care of yourself and follow doctors’ orders, even though putting your strength training on hold will not be fun. Walking and other activities will hopefully be allowed and will keep you plenty busy and healthy.

Today’s workout is a mix of cardio and upper body strength training exercises. I’m really pushing myself to do longer workouts this week to first, see if it is feasible with my work and everything else going on, and second go out of my comfort zone. So far so good. But I don’t think that I could maintain this long-term. It’s nice to know that when longer workouts pop up in various programs that I will do this year, I won’t let it demotivate me like it used to.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

1: 40-minute chair cardio and strength workout
2: 36-minute chair toning workout
3: 40 minutes upper body strength training
4:

5: 30 minutes fluid stretches workout
6: 33 minutes upper strength training and cardio intervals
7: 33 minutes weighted abs workout
8: 39 minutes lower body strength training
9: 38 minutes upper body strength training
10:
11: 32 minutes HIIT workout

12:47 minutes HIIT + lower body strength training
13: 49 minutes upper body strength training
14: 20 minutes cardio + 28 minutes core workout
15:
16: 50 minutes pilates workout
17: 50 minutes kickboxing and core work intervals
18: 17 minutes lower body + 14 minutes upper body active stretches workouts

19:
20: 57 minutes tabata-style upper body strength training
21: 55 minutes active/static lower body strength training with HIIT intervals
22:
23: 60 minutes HIIT and core intervals
​​​​​​​24: 55 minutes cardio and upper body strength training intervals

Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:10 PM   #48  
Gizmo

Hope everyone has been enjoying a wonderful Saturday!

We got everything done and out of the way this morning so we can truly have a relaxing weekend. I'm very happy to report that I made it through my week of exercising for more than 50 minutes each day. Today was a 30-minute HIIT workout and then I tried my first ever yoga workout (Yoga with Adrienne). I had to modify a lot of moves, because I am not that flexible and my body shape gets in the way of things, but I found it enjoyable enough to try another workout next week. High praise to yogis everywhere

4:

10:

15:

19:
22:
25: 30 minutes HIIT workout + 34 minutes yoga workout
Old 01-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #49  
Gizmo

WZin sometimes the body will use this time when you can't exercise as much to recharge and it can help you get over a plateau. That's my wish for you as you take it easy the next couple of weeks.

I took a real relaxing day yesterday when I spent the whole day in my pjs and David and I watched movies and episodes of new series. I chose to not exercise either, I really wanted it to be total relaxation. Today I just completed a tabata-style lower body workout, ie 8 intervals 20 seconds/10 seconds off of each exercise. You know your legs are tired when you're thrilled that one of the exercises is crunches, to give the lower body a break. Time for some more relaxing with my husband.

Hope everyone has had a great start to their week!

4:

10:

15:

19:
22:

26:
27: 56 minutes tabata-style lower body strength training
Old 01-28-2020, 10:21 AM   #50  
Gizmo

WZin great job on getting 3.4 miles in. About being very low calories yesterday and not forcing it, I think we all have days where we don't eat much and don't get hungry. It counter balances all the other days where no matter what you eat you feel ravenous.

On my way to getting 6 workouts per week in January, I have made it into the 230s this morning, finally! 239.4 to be exact and I'll take it. This month the scale has been kind to me, so far 5 pounds down. Now I need to find a new goal for February. Challenging myself to 6 workouts per week this month has really paid off. Even on days I didn't feel like exercising I got moving because I wanted to reach that goal. I have a couple more days to think on this. I may just go for another Fitness Blender program and make it a goal to finish it in 4 weeks straight.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

4:

10:

15:

19:
22:

26:
28: 37 minutes upper body strength training
Old 01-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Martine Oh! I enjoyed Yoga with Adrienne (Youtube, right?) It's just one more thing I didn't have the will power to consistently do Are you finding the videos are getting easier over time? Congratulations on hitting the 230s!!! Your weight loss journey reminds me of my initial journey (pre-pregnancy); the scale didn't move as fast as it has this time around but boy, was I incredibly fit and felt great!

WZin Sorry to hear you'll be out of commission for a bit, but major props for sticking to calorie management "like a skinny person" too funny!! TBH I find my best weight loss results happen when I watch what I put in my mouth vs. actually moving.

Between dealing with a sick toddler and running around doing last-minute MoH duties (my sister aka the bride is also sick!), I haven't made time to workout! But at least tomorrow, I leave town for the wedding. I just have to get through working a 12 hour day today because my boss has unrealistic expectations on my current assignment. This is the longest "vacation request" I've made since starting this job a year ago... and it's for TWO DAYS. But he's acting as if I'll be out for weeks and keeps making snide comments; a co-worker was genuinely confused based on my bosses statements and asked if I was leaving for my Disney trip already (scheduled for later this year). It's frustrating given he never treats my male counterpart's requests for time off with as much hostility (and he took several week long vacations last year—which I have nothing against! It's not my co-worker's fault our boss treats us differently). Ok end rant.

Last edited by shellofself; 01-29-2020 at 11:52 AM.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #52  
Gizmo

shellofself I have only completed 1 Yoga with Adrienne workout so far, so I'll let you know if I find it easier when I complete more workouts. I do enjoy the way she explains the various movements, she is calm and also seems to have a good sense of humour about it all. Very sorry to read that your little one has been feeling under the weather. Hope you have a well-deserved great time at your sister's wedding, once the stress of being the Maid of honour is done and over with. And really, how dare your boss give you grief over taking time off to attend your sister's wedding?! I am enraged just reading about it.

WZin and shellofself they do say that what you eat affects weight loss, not exercise. Exercise just becomes a tool to gain a better metabolism to burn more calories/create a calorie deficit, thus helping you lose weight along the way. And a tool to offset health issues that come with being overweight and getting older, as I am.

WZin hope you are feeling better each day, after your surgery. I can totally understand needing a carb day after all the stealthy eating you have been doing. Great job on keeping your craving in check and choosing what you would eat, instead of just binging on everything.

So yesterday I chose not to exercise after work, because I wanted to spend more time with my husband. And I am perfectly fine with my decision, even if that means that I won't get 6 workouts in this week. Priorities change sometime. But today I sort of made up for it by completing a 1000-calories workout (or in my case 760 calories, because I do low-impact modifications during most HIIT movements). This workout was made up of 35 minutes of HIIT, 30 minutes of strength training and 20 minutes of core exercise and stretches. And I have officially run out of energy now. Looking forward to a nice, relaxing evening.

And wishing the same to everyone!

4:

10:

15:

19:
22:

26:
29:
30: 1h25 minutes 1000-calories workout
Old 01-30-2020, 08:22 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

January has flown by so quickly! We have one day remaining but I wanted to let folks know early that our new thread can be found here .
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:35 AM   #54  
Gizmo

I've ended a successful month of January with a stretching workout this morning. I am working 9-6pm today and didn't want to chance coming home that late and not feeling like working out, so I got it out of the way. It's what I needed after yesterday's grueling workout. I'll be seeing everyone in the February thread

4:

10:

15:

19:
22:

26:
29:
30: 1h25 minutes 1000-calories workout
31: 26 minutes stretching workout
Old 01-31-2020, 08:55 AM   #55  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I didn’t get a new decade this month but I’m continuing my downward trend with a “new this time” low of 221.4. I haven’t figured out my February goal yet but I think I will try to weigh in/check in more often.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #56  

S/C/G: Goal Weight

My hope is to lose 50 lbs in 6 months!
sarahshisho is offline   Reply With Quote