3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Get your glow on! May 2019 Daily Check-in & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/317378-get-your-glow-may-2019-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

Martine 05-26-2019 06:30 AM

I just realized that I haven't posted much this month...Welcome to all the new people in this thread. I enjoy reading about everyone's endeavours and successes :)

I am letting work get in the way again. I am making poor food choices at suppertime (the rest of the day is fine). I walk one day and then just find excuses not to do it again. At least I'm trying, that's all I ask of myself. To keep trying. I got up at 5am this morning to do a Fitness Blender workout. I figure since I usually wake up in the middle of the night and am tired and sit on the couch and eventually fall back asleep before having to wake up again and go to work (which makes me even more tired), I should just get up and exercise. Not tracking my weight for now, since I want to do their strength training program and I know I won't see a lot of movement on the scale.

Hope everyone is happy with their progress this month and that you are enjoying a great weekend!

26: 40 minutes lower-body strength training

curvynotlumpy 05-26-2019 04:51 PM

:wave:

A very happy Sunday to all. I'm late to the party but :welcome3:, jenjenangel027! You have a lot going on in your life but WOW are you making progress :cp:!

Martine, I hear you; while my posting has improved this month--(slightly)--it was nowhere near the three times per week I envisioned :lol:. However, I'm still sticking to this goal. I think you're making a good decision to focus on weight training and abstain from the scale. Your scale weight will certainly shift as it adjusts to your workouts.

Kayla and imthegoddess: Good luck to you as you meet your academic goals. I work on a major college campus and while I'm proud of my graduate degree I don't at all miss this daily grind to achieve it :lol:!

Friday I had the remaining three of my wisdom teeth removed. Upper and lower right were were fully emerged and lower left was only partially impacted. It took less than an hour and I was out the entire time. I highly recommend general anesthesia if you have no issues with it ;). The nurse covered me with a warm blanket, masterfully put the IV into my vein and the next thing I know I'm in recovery which has been pretty smooth so far. The extraction sites are sore but nothing horrible or unexpected. And I do have a couple of pain relievers that I've taken when necessary. I've been sleeping well too.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day in the states. Wishing everyone a restful holiday if recognized, or peaceful Monday if not.

Martine 05-27-2019 09:10 AM

curvynotlumpy glad to hear that your wisdom teeth extraction went so well. I've never been under general anesthesia at the dentist office, I don't think they even offer it as an option here. I saw a periodontist and should have an open curettage done in two areas, where they would cut open my gums to deep clean them, and now I'm thinking full anesthesia would be good for that, but they don't offer it.

I got up early again this morning to work out. I made the mistake of watching the news first instead of getting straight to it and as I was working out I got nauseous from being hungry.

Have a great start to the week everyone.

26: 40 minutes lower-body strength workout
27: 40 minutes upper-body strength workout

RunningRedHead 05-28-2019 02:13 PM

Martine: “At least I’m trying, that’s all I ask of myself.” :cp: This right here :cp: Way to go on the exercise you’ve done so far! I get where you’re coming from with the not weighing when doing strength training- even though I know the fluctuations are from water retention as my muscles repair themselves, I mentally can’t get over seeing the numbers :shrug:

Curvy: So glad to hear you had a good experience with your wisdom teeth removal and your recovery is progressing well! I was also one of the lucky few who had a great experience and smooth recovery, which is great after hearing all of my friends’ horror stories :eek:

This week definitely got away from me, I missed my 5/22 weigh-in after completely spacing out and eating before weighing. Oh well :lol: Big bloat 5/27 after going way over my carbs for the day- but the good thing about water weight is it’s easy come/easy go :) Ready to be 110% back on track for the final days of May and for June. Hope everyone had a great weekend and good start to their week :)

SW: 219.1
5/21: 221.1
GW:209.0

Week 4:
5/22: NWI
5/23: 223.2 (+2.1)
5/24: 223.2 (+/-0)
5/25: 223.8 (+0.6)
5/26: 223.0 (-0.8)
5/27: 227.5 (+4.5) *hola water retention :wave:
5/28: 222.8 (-4.7)
Total for Week 4: +1.7
Total for May: +3.7

Martine 05-28-2019 04:19 PM

RunningRedHead are you still doing the keto diet? I see a lot of people on Instagram following that plan and showing great results. Being a vegetarian, I can't see myself getting into it. Though I am trying to up my daily protein intake. Hope your Summer course load is not too overwhelming. Most of the students at work have just finished their semester and I can see a big difference in their stress level.

I just completed a core workout on what felt like a full stomach, so it was not fun at all (for some reason I still haven't finished digesting my lunch which was more than 3 hours ago). I'm also dealing with a headache for the second day in-a-row, which I think might be a sign of high blood pressure. I've been getting these types of headaches randomly, maybe once a month. I'm keeping track and will see a doctor if need be. And now it seems that I'm getting an ingrown nail on my left little toe (sorry for the gross information). I've dealt with this issue on my big toes since my teenage years and always managed to take care of it myself, but because of my weight I can't properly reach my little toe at the right angle to cut it out :( First time this has happened on that toe too, but even such a minor thing makes me realize just how badly I need to lose weight. And on top of everything else, I have not been sleeping well at all these past few nights. It's just not a good week for my body I guess.

26: 40 minutes lower-body strength workout
27: 40 minutes upper-body strength workout
28: 32 minutes core workout

imthegoddess 05-28-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenjenangel027 (Post 5389163)
May I jump in? I was part of the regainers group but looking like it's a empty zone and I miss the accountability!!!!

Little about me:. I will be 40 on the 25th of this month. I have four bio kids and 2 step kids. 4 kids still at home. I am married and work full time for the state. I love walking and doing diy projects. I'm a redhead and my kids always joke about me having no soul, but I assure you all I do! I have spent years yoyo cycling trying to get this off. I have fibromyalgia and a joint autoimmune disease so it's been a bit challenging. Right now I'm calorie cycling and keeping my macros at 35-40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30-35% protein. I only weigh once a week.

Welcome, you will do fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRedHead (Post 5389299)
Goddess: I don’t mind nights most of the time, but too many in a row and I stop feeling like a member of society :rofl: I’m going for my master’s in nursing education. An MBA, wow! That sounds intense!!

See I would find nursing intense with all that science.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martine (Post 5389532)
I just realized that I haven't posted much this month...Welcome to all the new people in this thread. I enjoy reading about everyone's endeavours and successes :)

I am letting work get in the way again. I am making poor food choices at suppertime (the rest of the day is fine). I walk one day and then just find excuses not to do it again. At least I'm trying, that's all I ask of myself. To keep trying. I got up at 5am this morning to do a Fitness Blender workout. I figure since I usually wake up in the middle of the night and am tired and sit on the couch and eventually fall back asleep before having to wake up again and go to work (which makes me even more tired), I should just get up and exercise. Not tracking my weight for now, since I want to do their strength training program and I know I won't see a lot of movement on the scale.

Hope everyone is happy with their progress this month and that you are enjoying a great weekend!

26: 40 minutes lower-body strength training

Make sure you et your rest. It affects your weight loss and maybe your headaches. Take care of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy (Post 5389554)
:wave:
Kayla and imthegoddess: Good luck to you as you meet your academic goals. I work on a major college campus and while I'm proud of my graduate degree I don't at all miss this daily grind to achieve it :lol:!

Friday I had the remaining three of my wisdom teeth removed. Upper and lower right were were fully emerged and lower left was only partially impacted. It took less than an hour and I was out the entire time. I highly recommend general anesthesia if you have no issues with it ;). The nurse covered me with a warm blanket, masterfully put the IV into my vein and the next thing I know I'm in recovery which has been pretty smooth so far. The extraction sites are sore but nothing horrible or unexpected. And I do have a couple of pain relievers that I've taken when necessary. I've been sleeping well too.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day in the states. Wishing everyone a restful holiday if recognized, or peaceful Monday if not.

I know what you mean. I finished my last class last Wednesday, and a new one began today. I had a break! hahaha I'm glad you had a good experience with your wisdom teeth. I had IV sedation too. It's the only way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martine (Post 5389681)
I'm also dealing with a headache for the second day in-a-row, which I think might be a sign of high blood pressure. I've been getting these types of headaches randomly, maybe once a month. I'm keeping track and will see a doctor if need be.

Great job on the workouts. I need more of that. Please, please be careful with your blood pressure.

I have weigh in tomorrow. I don't expect much if anything. We shall see.

RealiserMesReves 05-31-2019 01:14 PM

-

RunningRedHead 05-31-2019 03:49 PM

Martine: I’m sorry to hear about your headaches and your toe, they are not fun! I’ve been struggling with sleep lately as well. Do you have any relaxing activities you like to do before bed to help wind down and promote sleep? I am still doing keto (hit my one year mark around the beginning of this month). (Here’s a link to my keto Instagram, it’s pretty much a visual food diary with the occasional progress pic- this is one of the progress posts: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnV78vJbPl/). My best friend is vegetarian, I completely understand the challenges of doing a veg-friendly keto- we eat together a lot, so it’s definitely a challenge sometimes :lol: I’m ready for the summer semester to be over! :rofl: I just keep telling myself that next summer I will be completely free from academic life! :dancer:

Imthegoddess: It’s not too bad, there were really only a couple science courses I had to take at this level (got most of them out of the way during my undergrad), a very large amount of it is theory and fairly philosophical. How did your end-of-month weigh-in go?

RealiserMesReves: I’m very sorry to hear about your family emergency, I hope everything is ok :hug:

I got a little off track this month with my carbs (not even for my birthday, it was a random night at work!) and am happy that I only gained a pound for the month. I’m buckling down for the month of June and getting strict again, so we’ll see how close to this month’s goal weight I can get ;)

SW: 219.1
5/27: 222.8
GW:209.0

Final Days:dancer:
5/29: 220.4 (-2.4)
5/30: 221.4 (+1.0)
5/31: 220.1 (-1.3)
Total for Final Days: -2.7
Total for May: +1.0

curvynotlumpy 05-31-2019 06:51 PM

:wave: everyone! End of May--can you believe it?! :dizzy: New thread can be found here.

jenjenangel027 06-01-2019 11:23 AM

SW-223.4
GW-213.4
Month end: 215
Lost: 8.4

01 - 223.4
02 - nwi
03 - nwi
04 - nwi
05 - nwi
06 - nwi
07 - nwi