Old 11-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: I am very happy to report that it didn’t feel obviously set-up-like while we were there which was nice. I think the bride and groom just want us to be friends, which I can get on board with; he seems like a really nice guy. I’m so happy to “hear” that you had some time to yourself and enjoyed your weekend as planned, you deserve some decent R&R, especially on your birthday

Bloominbutterflies: Oooooh, that sounds so luxurious. We totally could have been activity twins An hour and a half?! That is very impressive. My friend took 4+ shops and lots of hours haha. Speaking of clothes shopping, I totally need to do some of that...

The dinner went…okay… it was a little awkward in that it felt like an audition for a job I already have. I was awkward and quiet, occasionally piping up with witty one-liners. I think it would have been better to just meet him independently because it was like having an audience and a little nerve-wracking. He seems nice enough though so it should be really fun leading up to and at the wedding. On another positive note we’re now Facebook friends

I went to hot yoga today to give my hip and back a good stretch (also to gain some muscle tone in case I’m wearing a strapless dress); the class I went to is called gentle hot yoga and it’s advertised as being great for beginners, those of all ages, and people with injuries. It’s the best my hip and back have felt in a few months, I might have to make this a weekly thing.

SW: 241.2
11/7: 241.4
GW: 235

Week 2:
11/8: 240.5 (-0.9)
11/9: 239.9 (-0.6)
11/10: 239.4 (-0.5)
11/11: 238.8 (-0.6)
11/12: NWI
11/13: 238.6 (-0.2)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #17  

I can’t believe it’s already the end of week two and (American) Thanksgiving is next week! I had some serious whooshing this week now that shark week is done and back on my way downward. I’m expecting another one once my muscles recover from yoga yesterday (totally feeling it today ). Happy hump day everyone!

11/7: 241.4

Week 2:
11/8: 240.5 (-0.9)
11/9: 239.9 (-0.6)
11/10: 239.4 (-0.5)
11/11: 238.8 (-0.6)
11/12: NWI
11/13: 238.6 (-0.2)
11/14: 238.3 (-0.3)
Total for Week 2: -3.1
Total for November: -2.9
Old 11-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #18  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

RunningRedHead Congrats on the whooshing! What kind of yoga do you do?

I can't believe I made my goal 11/15 for 166.4! I thought I might, but also strongly figured that would be too soon/too good to be true. My shuffle diet seems to be working really well for me right now! I can't remember a time where I lost weight so quickly, and I'm knocking every surface of wood that I can keep it up as long as possible. So in general I've decided to cut down on breaks, but I do have 1 more I want to have before the end of the year. I go to my parents Dec 22nd, and come back Dec 26th. Then they come and visit like a day later, and then Jason has all of his family in town. It's gonna be craazy. So I am planning a break Dec. 22nd to Dec 31st. Starting up again New Years Day.

So before I take this break where I'm probably going to pack on like 2 lbs of fat (although I will try to take it easy), I am going to try to lose as much as I can! I will resume my regular goals Jan 1st and get back to normal. If I could be 164 by 12/22 that would be really great, and that is where I am setting my ideal.

11/16: 167 (feast)
11/17: 169.2 (feast)
11/18: 170.4 (900)

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 11-18-2018 at 09:35 AM.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I hope everyone had a good week. It's been a crazy week for me. I live in Northern California, about 100 miles from the Camp Fire that has been raging for the last week or so and destroyed the town of Paradise, CA. I work at a major university and they called off classes all week for the students due to the air quality. On Wednesday our administration realized that staff also suffer in these conditions and canceled classes. Only essential personnel had to report to work. It's been surreal walking around in a literal haze but it is small discomfort compared to everyone who lost everything and many friends and family to the fire. Thankfully, rain is predicted beginning Wednesday through the Thanksgiving holiday.

I observed something interesting about tracking my weight this week: When I started the health and wellness group there was a big part of me that resented writing everything I ate and drank down. I felt constrained and like I was being treated like a child. However, the group did not meet last week due to our facilitator being on vacation; we'll meet again on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. What I found was that I started reverting back to old habits and cutting corners because I knew I wasn't going to be weighed last week. So, I went from feeling like a child to really, acting like one . My weight right out of the shower was 208.6 this morning which is actually down. It will be interesting to see what Tuesday brings especially having celebrated my birthday a bit too much and cutting the aforementioned corners .

bloominbutterflies: to you for meeting your goal! It doesn't surprise me because from the beginning you've had a pretty set strategy for how you were going to there; even anticipating the holidays and your break tells me that you're not going to see much of a regain .

RunningRedHead: You sure did have a major whoosh, this week ! It always amazes me disruptive our respective cycles (shark week) can be to our weight loss Thanks for the update regarding the dinner. I'm sure it wasn't as awkward as you think it was and how good that you're Facebook friends. I often think social media can be that middle ground some folks need to break the ice and get to know each other a bit better before more face-to-face interactions happen .

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #20  
Gizmo

bloominbutterflies looks like your new plan is just what your body needed to get over the dreaded plateaus. I like that you are realistic about the upcoming Holidays and know that you will get to enjoy all the food and then will get back on plan. Congratulations on reaching your goal already this month!

Runningredhead just the name "gentle hot yoga" makes it sound like such a relaxing activity, I can see why your hips and back feel so much better, You are showing amazing results, all that extra physical activity is paying off. I'm enjoying reading about your involvement in planning your friend's wedding. Still lots to do I'm sure.

curvynotlumpy it is so sad to see the devastation that the California fires have brought. I'm glad you are sfae and sound but it's understandable how the air quality is affected. I remember one time when there were raging fires in the north of our province and for a couple of days, the sky was a yellowish colour. It felt like being on a different planet. Good for you for taking time for yourself to enjoy your birthday last weekend. You're also showing great results on the scale. I like your analysis of how you recognized you let old habits sneak back in knowing there was no weigh-in this week. But it really highlights how the weight loss battle is almost all in the mind.

After a long work week training new assistant-managers for 3 days and working 13 hours yesterday to finish my own work, I am beat and now starting a 9-day vacation. I left a note for my manager saying that I will never again give training the week before I go on vacation. I have to work so many extra hours to get my own job done that I start my vacation exhausted and frustrated. And during the three days that I was closing, I had to spend so much time in the warehouse in the evenings to get it organized and ready for the next delivery (we have overstock from all the merchandise shipped in bulk for the Holidays), it was eating up a lot of my time as well. So today will be all about relaxing and I want to just go browse various stores for all things Christmas and not have a care in the world. Still not back on track but some days are better than others.

Enjoy a great weekend everyone!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #21  
Tough Turtle

Thank you, you guys!! A lot of times I don't know if I'm on the right road, but I've got my fingers crossed I can keep this diet for a while. I like consistency, so as long as I'm losing something I'd be happy doing this same thing.

CurvyNotLumpy Hope you are staying safe out there! Best wishes to you and your coworkers/students.

Martine Enjoy your vacation! Sounds like you need one, training the week before? What were they thinking? lol

So I'm coming out of my boyfriend's birthday weekend here. It was a pretty intense one, as far as cheat days go. I hope I didn't go too over board. On friday I finished an entire box of mac n' cheese by myself, and Saturday I ate 20 chicken nuggets from McDonalds and still managed to eat a sushi dinner . Yesterday it was tough to reel him back in, he wanted to go out to eat after the gym and I was like nooo...it's a 900 calorie day . So I ordered a 3 egg omelette, ate the eggs and didn't touch the toast/hash browns. It was lame, but I stuck to my diet. I'm not doing that again , who wants to spend only 300 calories at a restaurant? I only agreed to go from birthday guilt.

So yea! I hope I make some kind of loss by Thanksgiving anyhow. I don't know about you guys but I'm going to be super busy. Got cleaning, projects, and tons of cooking to do. I am making Thanksgiving dinner and my parents are staying with me.

11/19: 168.8 (900 cal)
11/20: 168.8 (1200)
11/21: 169.2 (900)
11/22: (feast)
11/23: (feast)

Notes:
I forgot to take my birth control pill on Saturday 11/17. I took it the next day, and rarely miss. My body completed freaked out and I started my cycle lol. I got mood swings, cramps, and like 5 pimples. Bled for 3 days and now I'm totally bloated too :/. I've stuck to my diet. Doesn't look like I'll see any loss this week.

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 11-21-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #22  
Gizmo

bloominbutterflies wishing you success on prepping and cooking for Thanksgiving. That is a huge undertaking. Are you making the traditional turkey and all the sides? You showed tremendous restraint at that restaurant eating only the 3-egg omelet. If you're going to eat only 900 calories, it's better to find foods that are full of protein and fill you up like eggs. Don't stress too much over all you have to do this week.

So I exercised yesterday for the first time in I don't know how long. I have Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness to prove it. It felt good and I plan on doing it again today. I started yet again the Strong program from Fitness Blender, hoping to finish it this time. I like weight lifting, I figured I should start again with something I enjoy. Yesterday I worked out about 20 minutes after getting up. I should stick to that because the longer I wait in the day, the less likely I am to exercise. But I had a horrible night's sleep last night, so it's taking me longer to get going today. Right now I'm doing laundry and editing my Christmas playlist and the workout will come afterwards.

Have a great start to the week everyone!

Last edited by Martine; 11-19-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #23  

Bloominbutterflies: I’m so glad to hear you made your goal early, it’s so great and refreshing when you finally find something that works for your mind and your body! There’s a local group of hot yoga studios near me, they offer classes at all different levels, but I’m sticking to the gentlest “easiest” ones for now as they are still a big challenge for me. It took me a long time (and a serious back injury) to accept that my flexibility and strength are not where they used to be when I was younger and played sports.

Curvy: It’s so disheartening hearing about the fires out your way, but I’m glad to “hear” that you are safe. Congrats on your loss, that’s awesome!

Martine: I hope you were able to take advantage of a day of relaxation and all things Christmas! I will be decorating on Friday Yoga was very relaxing for the most part. I will probably try to go again tomorrow and see if I can make a weekly thing out of it; this week is just very stressful between two 12-page papers in addition to my normal course load on top of prepping for hosting the holiday Maybe that’s exactly the reason I should schedule to hour to myself? What kind of songs are on your Christmas playlist?

11/14: 238.3

Week 3:
11/15: 239.6 (+1.3)
11/16: 238.5 (-1.1)
11/17: 239.7 (+1.2)
11/18: NWI
11/19: 239.0 (-0.7)
Old 11-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #24  

This week is very hectic and I have to get outside with the pup to take advantage of the beautiful snow Tomorrow is the Friendsgiving that I host every year, with several friends crashing with me from out of town, a couple bringing their dogs (because I'm a crazy dog lady), and about 10 ladies to feed, including me. It's the one big party I do every year, and I love it. I can't wait to have a home with a large enough space to entertain all of my friends and their beau's, as right now I only have room to make it a ladies night. I have to get all of my groceries and the majority of the cooking done today so all I have to worry about tomorrow is giving the house a "Hollywood clean" (a term my mother used frequently while I was growing up, meaning all the common areas and the powder room are super clean/catalog-worthy and everything that can hide behind a door is a disaster ) and cooking the turkey, fresh veggies and green bean casserole and reheating the dishes made today that will taste better tomorrow (mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc.). Hope everyone has a great couple of days!

Week 3:
11/20: 237.1 (-1.9)
Old 11-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #25  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead wow your week sounds so busy and hectic! I would be frazzled for sure. I love the idea of Friendsgiving, I see it popping up here and there and it is such a great way to share this holiday with friends who bring so much joy into our lives. And they bring their dogs too, bonus! Hope you completed all the cooking you wanted to do today so you can concentrate on getting the place ready tomorrow (and those 12-page papers).

I have completed the 3rd day in the Fitness Blender Strong program today, though I was procrastinating all day and wound up doing it around 4:15pm. It's a core workout, which I simply hate, it's torture, but I did it. While I was procrastinating, I made maple syrup fudge spread (or spreadable sucre à la crème, if you know what that heavenly traditional treat from Québec is) and fruit ketchup, two new recipes I'm trying out for the treat boxes I give my family members each Christmas. Both are a success. I don't have a sweet tooth but sucre à la crème is a weakness of mine (just as it was for my late grandfather, so I was told), so that spread will taunt me but so far I only had a spoonful to taste it.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:29 AM   #26  
Gizmo

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today! Time for family, friends and good food.

I just completed day 4 of the Strong program. I didn't exercise yesterday because I was feeling too sore in the upper body. Today was a brutal lower body workout with tons of squats and lunges. I couldn't lift weights for all of the intervals. We'll have leftover rice for lunch and after David's physio, we'll go shopping for a bit before meeting my in-laws at a restaurant for supper. We were supposed to go the week of my father-in-law's birthday in October but they cancelled when he got the flu. Then when we re-scheduled it, they cancelled because of the snow (understandable). Finally today we should make it. The sky is blue and the sun is out and it -26°C/115°F here. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #27  
Gizmo

Hoping everyone had a great week and will enjoy a great weekend as well.

Temperatures have warmed up here and it's still sunny, such a perfect day. My in-laws had to cancel on the restaurant again because they were stuck in traffic in Montréal, so we re-scheduled it for tonight. I just completed week 1 of the Strong program, 5 workouts plus an optional yoga/pilates/stretching workout that I did right after the 5th workout today, because I had to take another day off yesterday due to strange pains in my knees and elbows. I have been sore before but I had never experienced these "pinching" sensations, so I preferred to wait it out an extra day. I weighed myself today and I am now 2 pounds higher than my highest ever weight. Not surprised, I knew what I was doing to myself these past few months being totally off plan. I'm happy that I FINALLY was able to get back on plan this week during my vacation, now the hard part will be to continue when I go back to work next week.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #28  
Tough Turtle

Martine what is this strong program? 5 work outs in one day?! That sounds so intense!

RunningRedHead I did the whole Thanksgiving dinner with all the sides lol. My boyfriend had family in town that he was visiting, so I had almost no help! It was a loooot. Your girl friend's friendsgiving sounds amazing. I wish I had more woman friends. I used to hang out with 3 ladies all the time 5 years ago, then 1 moved away, then another. I hope I make more lady friends at my next job. Hope the dinner was delicious for you!

I'm back! I was really busy the last several days, and have been eating a lot. Nothing fun to report, just my growing waist line lol. I actually had 4 of my cheat days in a row. I had Thursday, and Friday planned. Then Saturday just happened. I was hosting my parents from out of town and they wanted to go out Saturday and do a bunch of stuff. We went to a brunch place and I was SO hungry. I just had a f*** it moment. Then I decided to have 1 of my cheat days on Sunday this week because I wanted Japanese food. Jason wanted to bake a cake and make turkey tetrazzini. So yea, my weight is WAY up there lol. Been drinking diet coke left over from the party too, so bloat, bloat, bloat. So, 4 days in a row! Only 1 of the days was against the rules though, so I didn't do anything TOO naughty overall. Of course, I don't plan on bending the rules often but with me hosting guests from out of town...

I'm back on track today. I don't have high hopes to see a new lowest weight anytime soon, because I'll just be letting out water for a while, and then my period starts soon too. Oh yea, and I had that freak mini period last week because I missed just one birth control pill. So I wonder how that will affect my period this time around, maybe I'll skip it? Eh. I'm predicting my next dip to be December 7th, maybe I'll be a solid 166 lbs by then? We will see!

11/26: 171.2 (900 cals)
11/27: 169.8 (900)
11/28: 169.8 (1200)
11/29: 169.8 (900)
11/30: (1200) (Shark Week)
12/01: (feast) (Shark Week

GW: At least 166 by 12/22

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 11-29-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:05 AM   #29  
Gizmo

​​​​​​bloominbutterflies such are the Holidays, filled with delicious food. It's good that you are back on track today, that's all that matters. To answer your question, I am doing the Strong program from Fitness Blender. It's mainly focused on exercising with weights, which I enjoy the most. And there aren't 5 workouts in one day (I would be dead), I just completed workouts number 5 and 6 on the same day

After putting up the tree and Christmas decorations yesterday, I felt physically and emotionnally drained and didn't do any workout. For some reason, David and I often end up fighting when putting up the tree (we almost expect it) and the situation was made worse from the fact that his shoulder hurts and it was a struggle to string lights on the tree, and it got to me yesterday. It's over now and we can enjoy the tree.

I had a successfull first week back on track, I'm happy about that. But one area that I must improve on is having a smaller portion at suppertime. All day I eat healthy, normal portions but I over eat during supper. It's great to have a healthy home-cooked meal but if I eat to the point of feeling stuffed, then it defeats the purpose.

So I started week two of my program today, a HIIT and lower body workout. It's my last day off before I go back to work. One week off is never long enough. The real test of my resolve to exercise will come tomorrow.

Have a great start to the week everyone!
Old 11-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #30  

Martine: Way to go on sticking with your workouts! Great job! Your update today just reminded me that I have to get out my Christmas decorations! The lights on the house are already up, but I need to figure out where I’m going to put my tree this year, as the place I usually put it now has a new piece of furniture

Bloominbutterflies: The majority of my guests were old friends from high school with the exception of one work/grown-up-made friend I’m very lucky (and very thankful) that I’ve been able to keep in touch with my handful of close high school friends, including those who I may not keep in contact with as frequently as I would like! Glad to hear your holiday plans went well, too! I agree, the planning and prepping and cooking and hosting is all a ton of work… but isn’t it so worth it to see everyone having a great time?

Last week got away from me! Friendsgiving was a hit, my friend from Philly crashed with me and we continued our Marvel Movie Marathon (I <3 alliteration!) by watching the second Thor movie Thanksgiving morning, and then I went to work for an evening shift. Friday night, we continued our marathon with the second Captain America movie (he’s my favorite, always so ethical and polite) after a day of dress shopping for my role as maid of honor. I found the dress, and now it won’t be in until March (have to wait the extra lead time for extra length on the dress, as I am a giant ). Work this weekend went well/smoothly so I can’t complain. This week is almost going to be as busy as last week but it will be okay. A bit of water weight today as I forgot my compression socks for work last night and only napped today to get on a day schedule; anticipating a drop back down tomorrow

Week 3:
11/20: 237.1 (-1.9)
11/21: 237.4 (+0.3)
Total for Week 3: -0.9