Old 10-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #31  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone. It's been a hectic couple of weeks of production at work and then travel and just all sorts. I've not been eating well, I've not been feeling well, it's just been kind of draining. I have no idea what the scales say but I feel heavy so I know, it's probably not good. Oh well. I'm going to try to get myself back together and do some sort of weigh in on Saturday to see where I am with everything. I feel kind of exhausted and there's a lot to do and so it's hard to be in the right mindset to do what I need to do food-wise when I just want to eat for comfort and stress. Sighhh...

Anyway:

UBER: Yayyy!!! Way to get into Onederland definitively! Skipped the 199s and ALL! Well done!!! :Carrot: Carrot: :Carrot:

DIANE: I am intrigued that bears can be hunted and moreover eaten. What could bear meat taste like. I've made a voice note to remind myself to go down a bear meat internet rabbit hole once I'm out of my current funk of "everything is too much..." (but "everything is too much" must be said with the sense of enervation as though even saying the sentence is exhausting. AND also, you can't say "much" with a normal pronunciation, you have to pronounce it like "match," and throw your hands above your head like you've really had it up to here and beyond. Because even in the midst of having it up to there, one must make up affectations that make everything not that bad so one can laugh at oneself). Anyway, I hope your camping trip was/is excellent. I know it probably wasn't relaxing because hunting seems like A LOT of work but at least fun? Productive? Memorable? Connected?

LEMON: Sending hugs because I'm with you. I'm halfway between "what's the point" and "don't give up" so I get it. I hope you feel better soon!

Okay guys, I've got to go. Sending on plan dust, good scale karma, motivation, commitment, drive, whatever is needed to all of us.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

I’ve done two days of IF this week. Not much I’m sure but I have tried to keep that my goal this week. Nothing too stressful and hopefully I can eat just normally during this time without over eating everything. And maybe loose a pound or two.

Toasted: maybe it’s int the changing of seasons that’s the crux of the issue. I’m not sure but I keep trying little steps. I’m not weighing in yet. I’d have to guess 236-240 just because my body loves the 30s we are revisiting it yet again. With Halloween costumes almost done then I’m hopeful to go back to a daily walk amongst all that I’ve got going in my day. Maybe we can both find diet mojo. What I do hope for myself is to be able to get back into the 20s and just breeze on down. Hahahaha haven’t I said that the last year? I think I’m delusional in thinking I can get there. Evidently I like to eat and be non-mindful of what I put in the old body.

Hang in there girl! We can do such!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #33  

Well IFing this morning again. Is it working who knows I won’t hop in he scale and admit defeat with seeing a 23something again. So I will just keep up with the IF as best I can and try and avoid sweets and begin walking. I should LEARN and KNOW my weight goes up quite nicely if I become a sedentary bump. Which I am most certainly am right now.

Hope you all are doing well and hopefully not finding this journey to be such a bumpy road as I am. I can’t even say I lost all my weight I just keep regaining the same crappy numbers.

Off to go drown my sorrows with water :P Happy weekend all
Old 10-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #34  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

254.2 I'm back!!

Lemon: Sounds like you're working to get back on track. You'll get there! Keep doing a little bit each day and maybe it will all take off and make sense again. I'm glad you keep coming here! Hang in!!

Toasted: Just a quick note about bear meat. I have never tried it, but I have heard it is fairly greasy and you have to really know how to cook it. I just don't like what a bear might eat, including already dead animals and grubs, so I can't imagine that it taste good. Ha! I will stick with my vegetarian elk, deer, and beef! I guess chickens eat bugs, but I'll let that pass.

As for me, I am back after a wonderful vacation. We didn't get an elk or deer, but it was an amazing time away. Very relaxing and nice to hit that "reset" button. The weather was not good, and there was a lot of snow around, so I didn't do a lot of hunting. I'm kind of a fair weather hunter, so I had a lot of time in the tent, next to the wood stove. I read a lot of books, and rested a lot. Just what I needed. I did a lot of thinking, and I am ready to get back to it. I didn't feel as strong in my hunting/hiking as I did before, so that's on me. I realized that I can get old, fat, and weak or I can maybe change the things that I can. I might still get old, but I would like to be much more fit and strong. My goal for the end of the year is to just lose 10 pounds. I would love to hit 239 by the end of December, but I am taking baby steps for now. 10 pounds should be doable. I hope!!!!

I went back to spin today. It was really pretty good. I felt good after, so I need to keep it up. I do think I'll go back to Body Pump for a while. I don't know if I'll keep going, but I'll give it a few weeks before I decide if I want to change to something else. The other thing I need to do is start logging my food again, bringing my lunch, and staying under my calorie goal. I honestly feel energized again, and I want to feel good again. I'm just glad to have had the quiet time and the reflection to get my "stuff" together.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #35  
Diane

254.8 - Up a little from yesterday. Just checking in to keep myself on schedule. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey Everybody,

I'm so sorry because I dropped in over the weekend but then somehow the forum ate my post. Sigh.
So, I'm here to report that in spite of my triumphant entry into ONEDERLAND last week, I only stayed there for two days... 198.7, 199.5 and then BOUNCE back to 201.9 and I've been doing that all week. This morning I was 200.0. I mean seriously. I was losing weight steadily and then the second I got to 200 my weight loss just ground to a halt. Fact is, I think I'm probably at or close to my maintenance weight. I haven't really changed anything diet-wise. But my body just seems happy here.

Toasted: Sorry you're feeling heavy. Hope your life has settled down a little and that you are not feeling quite so stressed. Did you do the Saturday weigh-in, and how did it go?

Diane: I love the idea that you were able to step away from all of the hubbub and get some time for peace and reflection. What a precious commodity in this crazy world. Personally, I think the very best part of hunting would be the part inside the tent, reading, next to the woodstove. It sounds like HEAVEN! And sometimes it really does help to get out into the world to help us feel how our bodies are doing at a certain weight. You seem very fit compared to me, but I was scary unfit when I was up in the upper 200s and I just couldn't do so many things.

Lemon: How is the IF going? Are you having gorgeous fall weather up in your neck of the woods? You're probably past the peak for fall colors, but I bet it's still nice. Do you have any favorite fall activities? You can see that for all I love the California sunny winters, there is just nothing like a real fall in the midwest for flat out beauty!

So, except for the fact that my weight has stalled 10 lbs above the goal I set for myself, everything else has been going pretty well. The one good thing about hitting what seems like a maintenance weight is that I did buy a lot of clothes and so it would be not so good if I dropped another size.

Have taken up horseback riding-- an old hobby that I was too heavy to do before and having lots of fun with it. My only problem is that I'm finding it hard to buckle down to work since I'm always in the mood to go out and have fun! Saw two movies this weekend-- a Star is Born. LOVED IT!! And also a movie called Beautiful Boy that was about a man whose son became a drug addict. Soooooooooo sad.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #37  

Hey all! I have been horrible as we were to my moms over the weekend and kids had off school and then I got sucked into reading on the girl from my state they can’t find who’s parents were murdered. So I’m all out of sorts with where I’m at and what I am doing.

Weight wise I have no clue I know I’m in the 30s judging how some things are fitting - so I totally get you Uber! Sometimes the body just loves a certain set of numbers and will not budge. Mine just reinflates to it and sits. Fabulous. 😤

Uber: fall colors well - short lived! Over the weekend the winds got rough 45mph gusts and SNOW. It melted within an hour but the grass was white. That said all the leaves hurried got turning brown and yellow and a lot fell off. The beauty tree in my yard was just peaking with red and orange and we got home and it was that end of season yellow. Not the pretty yellow, the yellow I’m moving to brown and bare branches and hahahaha winter is here. Yeah - that yellow.

As for fall activities I like leaf looking which really all I have to do is look out my front door and up the ridge. Or drive 5mins toward relatives by state forest and hunting land which is mainly deciduous. So beauty all over. We also have done pumpkin picking, apple orchard, cranberries etc. and of course IM BAKING all my fall goodies mainly for others but you know how some stay home.

Diane: oh sounds like you had a fantastic time. Are your bears brown? Or do you have the black bear variety? Ours tend toward berries and nuts (maybe they eat vermin I’ll have to ask DH). And when they are baiting it’s doughnuts and cookies, jellies and sweets but then they move on for acorns. I do hope your return to exercise w gusto. I’m not quite to gusto but I’ll get there! I hope!

Toasted: can I just say the new royal looks further along then 3 mos? Most people in their first pregnancies don’t show so soon - maybe multiples? Who knows. If it were me I’d have stayed out of areas a Zika. That way for defects scares me. Those horrid skeeters are responsible for lots of things. How is your outlook or are you somewhat meh like me? How is your continuing Ed outlook?

Hello all! Hop back in when you can! Maybe you all are having super success.

Am: did I tell you all my endo brought up weight loss meds? I was just asking to adjust my synthroid. Have I really segued into needing medicine? She mentioned metformin and another. I’ve not been on any I just loathe how synthroid gets out of whack for me easily.

Halloween costumes done including an extra one for a school play. Halloween candy bought. House decorated w the exception of day of.

Having my coffee waiting for the bus to come and then a quick shower and ready for the day so I can go pop out to get some distilled water. I’m slowly trying to get each room in the house deep cleaned including drawers and closets? Well I’m a fan of cloth napkins for nice meals so I’ve got ironing and new storage for them. So today I’ve got to iron and get that job done.

And weight and diet - blah. I have no issue doing IF but I haven’t been sticking with it due to all my own self imposed craziness. But I hope if things start to slow down some I can get it going and be done with. Plus I’ve got my bday in here soon and you all know how those celebrations go!

Happy day all I’ll try my best. Do your best as you can!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-24-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:16 PM   #38  
Diane

Uber: Well, hey, at least you saw the "1" in front of your weight! I think you'll get it back soon. It's good that you are feeling close to, or at, maintenance. You don't have to have as much anxiety about losing, and it just might take a while with the last 10. Horses are wonderful! So glad you can get back to doing something as awesome as that!

Lemon: You sound busy with the season! I didn't do any decorating yet because of the time away with hunting. I don't get as much done when we have deer licenses, and we usually get those every other year. I have some baking I would like to do, so we'll see how that goes!

As for me, I went to spin this morning. I was really stiff for some reason, and it was tough getting through the class. I didn't go to Body Pump yesterday. One more week away from it for me, and then I'll have to make myself go. I just wanted one more week to get through the spin classes before adding the pain and soreness that will happen with Body Pump. The big problem is that I also got off track yesterday with food. It happens so fast. So, not a successful day yesterday. Hoping that I can do much better today!

It does make me face reality when I have the stiffness as I did this morning. I need to keep moving so I don't have to be so stiff as I get older. I'm not having an age crisis or anything, but I really don't want to bring it on faster than it needs to be! I just see so many older people struggling to do things and I also see some older people who keep totally active and can live their lives as they want. I know where I want to be!!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #39  

Darn website ate my post!

Slash: I totally get you on hurties. I Awake all sore so what’s the point because I’m tired then! I told DH we shouldn’t have beds rather suspended animation spaces where we can get in a position that isn’t weighted and you awake rested and no hurts. As is the hurts I have are a reminder I need to get walking and get this weight off. Hang in there!

Hello all!

Well just to throw it to the universe my diet mojo is gone. I don’t want to micromanage and I hate having to fit all of it into my day. I post daily because you all have become friends understanding the misses and all that go with keeping weight off or gone. Hah it’s been years for me! That said if you don’t mind that my weight is up and this week I’m not doing well w the outlook, but will still cheer you all on if you have me.

So just know I send you diet mojo that I seriously lack right now. Here’s hoping it can be located quickly.

Have a good day all.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 10-25-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #40  
Diane

Lemon: Sometimes, it just isn't working. I think your mojo will come back, but maybe not right away! I have noticed that the food part is going to be a problem for me right now. Getting colder, I want comfort food. Somewhat holiday-ish, so I want fun food and treats! Ugh. Going to be a battle.

Still feeling a little stiff this morning. I didn't go to the gym today, but I'll be going tomorrow to spin. It is a new instructor, somewhat of a new class, so we'll see how it goes. Then, the plan is to be 5 days at the gym next week. And, keep trying to keep food under control!!!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 10-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys,

Wow, I could swear I did a long post but I don't see it here. Who knows?

Lemon: Diet mojo just seems to come and go with the diet fairy. You can't be all in all the time. It just doesn't work that way. One of the things I love about fall, besides all the beautiful colors and the sense of excitement is the baked stuff and the hot soups, and enjoying heavier dishes. And sometimes you just have to roll with that.

Diane: I swear I posted this whole long thing about how I really got motivated to lose weight because I had noticed that my weight was really starting to affect my mobility as I got older and I have visited all these old folks homes with my mom and noticed how many of the heavy old people end up in those little scooters because they can't walk!!! And then there are 90 year olds running marathons. It makes you think!

So, I've been under 200 for the last 3 days, but still really not losing, just bouncing around 198-199. I'll take it, but it fries me because I get out of "obese" and into "overweight" on the BMI chart, and that's 196. I do feel a little smaller, and that usually means I'm about to see a lil drop on the scale. Went horseback riding again today. SO FUN! Makes me feel like a kid again!! Otherwise, generally not much happening in Uber-town.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:30 AM   #42  

Well ladies I’m a bit optimistic as only one who weighed 237 last night after dinner can be. Did I ever say I wasn’t doing the z230s again because they are so stinking hard for me to leave?! Yeah we’ll back there again but it wasn’t 245 which is where I was afraid I was at. So though I’m not thrilled I will take this as a starting point yet again.

As for me I have been up since 445 so I came down and turned on my oven and popped in the soup bones I thawed out and in a bit they’ll be slipped into the slow cooker to make bone broth. I’ll save the meat for soups - I love a good beef vegetable. I’m prompted to do the bone soup again as I have found it helps with all my aches. So I’m going to try and drink some each day and see if I can correct this issue some. I hate feeling this way and loathe talking to the doctor about it less you come out w another moniker to describe oneself. Morbidly obese is quite enough! I have also been described as advance maternal age, a medical conundrum, a totally derogatory phrase for miscarriages (beginning a the word habitual), cancer patient etc. so the chance to curtail some of that I’ll be happy. The medical world needs to strongly update their terminology as it can do a headtrip on you if you read your own records. Forget it. I don’t need another label.

On a non diet front I have begun my Christmas list for my family and bought the first gift for a set of nephews. Now if only the budget worked well. A little here and little there and it will all get done. I plan to go to the hoblob the day after Halloween just in case they have their after holiday sale going on. I like sales!

Ok wishing you all well and maybe with some time we will all get back on track and feel good about ourselves!
Old 10-29-2018, 07:23 AM   #43  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, this post has been pretty much a week in coming, in that I've had this window open for that long and just haven't been able to get to it. Last week was incredibly busy. I just want to go away for like a week and not have to think about or do any work or be overdue on anything. THAT would sooooooo be the dream. I've been doing okay food-wise. Not perfect, but not at all bad. #KnockOnWood

Lemon: It's still a struggle on that pendulum between trying and giving up. I'm back to eating breakfast as much as it fits into my schedule. I mean I'm not forcing it, but if I can, I do. Yayyy having a better than expected scale check in. I know the feeling of expecting to see a million pounds and then only seeing a hundred thousand and feeling relief but also a little disappointment that you let it get to that hundred thousand because we're human and never satisfied. Sigh. I'm starting Christmas shopping now as well. It's a little later than I'd have liked but it doesn't feel super early since the stores here have already started with Christmas decorations.

Diane: Sorry to hear you're feeling stiff and sore. Hopefully that improves soon. Yay having a relaxing time hunting. I can imagine that bear meat wouldn't be the leanest in the world. I want to try it some time so I can say I did. I was going to start exercising today but then I made excuses this morning and didn't but I'm inspired by your last week's commitment of 5 days of exercise this week and I'll do some yoga or something this evening at home and get started tomorrow.

Uber: Yay getting back to the 19xs. I hope you saw your drop and get into the BMI underweight category soon. I have a little over 10lbs to go before I can celebrate being overweight again rather than obese and it is a lovely milestone whether one "believes in" BMI or not. I'm glad you're enjoying horseriding again. I've never done it but I should try because everyone I know who does, is OBSESSED. I never had the horse/pony fantasy as a child so I don't know if that's why I'm ambivalent but a friend of mine has sworn to me that if I try it, I'll be bitten by the bug. Which come to think of it is an unfortunate turn of phrase in this case. We don't have a lot of dressage riding here to my knowledge, but there's a lot of polo and most people I know here who ride get into it that way.

It's Monday but I was listening to a sermon from Life Church this morning about mastering you thoughts and reframing things- so rather than bah-humbugging it today with a case of the Mondays, I'm choosing to be excited for the possibilities of this new week and a fresh start to smash some goals. I haven't yet 100% succeeded, but I'm telling myself I will and hoping my brain will eventually believe it. Wishing you all a fab week.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #44  

No scale

Toasted: good for you for putting a Monday spin on a good outlook! Sorry all is catching up to you, toward the end of year that happens more often then not. Hang in their! You are much closer to 199 then I but I do hope to right this ship here soon enough.

Hello all!

Am: making Halloween sugar cookies for school today. I will decorate tomorrow but at least the baking will be done today and strangely I have no huge desire to eat them all!

I got my bone broth done and took the fat off this am. I read some people will eat that. No thanks! I’m sure someone will say it’s beneficial but that just kind of grosses me out. So it’s skimmed and I have some on the stove w a bit of extra flavoring and will have that for lunch in hopes it helps the old bod start feeling less hurty. Since we have a freezer of beef in trade I have like 9 zillion soup bone packages to use up. Then for tonight I’ll put on beef veg soup to have after I get the cookies done.

Otherwise I’m entertaining the idea of adding walking back in. I’m not sure where I’ll add it to my day but I’m going to try.

Alrighty may you all have a splendid start to your week. Happy Halloween 🎃🎃
Old 10-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #45  
Diane

Uber: It definitely opens your eyes when you compare the two situations as you age. It horrifies me to think that I wouldn't be able to do things as I get older. Now, I've already seen that sometimes it takes a little longer to do some things compared to when I was younger. I can handle going slower, but it is so unacceptable to me to be incapacitated by something I did or didn't do. Understandably, sometimes people are in that situation due to circumstances beyond their control, but if you can prevent it from happening, I'm all for that. Excited for you to be riding horses again! I love my horses and riding is one of the best things in the world!! I hope you get below 196 soon. That is another goal that would be great to reach!

Lemon: Well, see, that's not too bad! Maybe getting out of the 230's will be easier this time! One can hope, that's for sure. 230's and 250's seem to be tough ones for me. Slugging through the 250's now. I intended to bake some Halloween sugar cookies, but it didn't happen yet. I don't think it will since we're so close to the day.

Toasted: I almost didn't make it to the gym today, just because I was dragging so much, but I'm glad I did. I would have had to explain why I didn't make it!! It seems like if I don't make it on Mondays, the rest of the week is harder. I like your positive thoughts today! It is definitely something to strive for, to keep our minds right! Hope you get a chance to exercise this week!

As for me, I am up .8 pounds from last week. That is actually better than I thought it would be. I started out really good last week, but then failed quite a bit with staying on track with food. Well, ok. Trying again this week. I will get it right soon! We ended hunting season yesterday, so I think that will help with getting my focus back. It is kind of all-consuming for us when hunting season is here. So far, I'm doing well. I had a low cal breakfast, and brought my lunch. Day by day!