Old 08-30-2018, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Default Suddenly September: September 2018 Check-in & Accountability Thread

Happy September, everyone! All are to the September 2018 daily weigh-in/check-in. Know that on this thread you will find support, encouragement, and endless kindness.

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

My oh my, where did the time go? If you're reading this on September 1, it is 115 days until Christmas. I know, I know, many of us are still sweating out the last remaining weeks of summer but fall is upon us and winter closer than we think. Kids are back in school and comfort food seems to be making appearances on various threads. With the days getting shorter, the leaves turning and the temps getting cooler it's time for a check-in with yourself. So how are things going? Have you had a good summer? I'm sure that there have been challenges and successes for all of us. Maybe you've been on a roll and want to keep the momentum going? Good on you! Keep it up. Maybe you're thinking, "How can I find momentum when I can't even get started?" Got it. Or maybe you're like me and can successfully string together 2 or 3 days, or even a whole week of healthy eating and exercise only to hit a bump in the road and begin again. That's okay too. There is much to be learned from persistence. So as we usher in a new month take a breath and think about where you are with your healthy goals and where you want to be. And take pride in every incremental goal/success/achievement. Stop underplaying them and telling yourself they don't matter because they do and they add up.

All our welcome to our monthly neighborhood block party so welcome back to the regulars, and please make yourself known and comfortable if you're a lurker considering joining. We'd love to have you here!

Sending and well wishes as we all make our way through September.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:49 PM   #2  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Current Status: Maintaining

Hello CurvyNotLumpy! Saw your recipe in the other thread, looks delish! I buy a lot of bone in chicken thighs so this recipe is up my alley. Once I get myself some thighs, we'll give it a try!

So, not a whole lot new over here. I have been staying in the 170.X's which makes me happy as a acceptable maintenance weight for now. The only exception was Wednesday, but that was the day before I went to Frankenmuth, MI! That town if famous for all you can eat fried chicken dinners, and I happily obliged. I also drank a LOT of diet coke that day which makes me bloat. Is anyone else here addicted to diet coke? I've been drinking it since I was 10. I've drank when I was 110 lbs or chubby as I am now. I can't keep it in the house because I can't stop drinking it, but love ordering it when I go to restaurants out.

I've noticed my eating pattern has been lately that I eat a lot of food in the late morning and early afternoon and then pick at dinner. I don't count calories exactly, but I'm hoping this is working out. I keep my eyes on the scale everyday to make sure nothing scary is going on. Lately I've been chowing down on the delicious chicken egg salad Jason made. It's light on mayo and I eat it with wheat bread. I've also been eating Japanese curry with chicken breast, potatoes, and carrots. It's really satisfying and rich but not a ton of calories. The only downside is that it has a ton of salt. I'm not that worried about my sodium because my blood pressure is so low (genetic) the doctor's office usually struggles to get a reading. But still...eh, I wouldn't live off it.

Other adventures is that I did a Japanese Thermal Relaxer at home yesterday. I have 1c hair that gets really lumpy because it's so thick. I get this back of the neck bulge that drives me crazy. The treatment seems to have worked and I'm really happy!

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 08-31-2018 at 12:57 PM.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

First off, hats off to Curvy for getting this month's thread up and running
Hello everyone! Back from vacation and broke my month-long stall that was the month of August! Looking to continue onward and downward to a goal of 240 or less this month! Same deal as before, 20g net carbs max, at least 4L of water and at least 1 hour of activity most days of the week. Best of luck to you all this month!

SW: 248.9
8/31: 248.9
GW: 240

Week 1:
9/1: 250.9 (+2.0)
9/2: 250.9 (+/-0) SW
9/3: 250.9 (+/-0) SW
9/4: 250.7 (-0.2) SW
9/5: 249.8 (-0.9) SW
9/6: 250.9 (+1.1) SW
9/7: 248.4 (-2.5)
Total for Week 1: -0.5
Total for September: -0.5

Week 2:
9/8: 248.8 (+0.4)
9/9: 248.8 (+/-0)
9/10: 247.6 (-1.2)
9/11: 246.9 (-0.6)
9/12: 250.5 (+3.6)
9/13: 248.8 (-1.7)
9/14: 236.9 (-1.9)
Total for Week 2: -1.5
Total for September: -2.0

Week 3:
9/15: 251.1 (+4.2)
9/16: 251.9 (+0.8)
9/17: 251.6 (-0.3)
9/18: 250.5 (-1.1)
9/19: 248.3 (-2.2)
9/20: 248.1 (-0.2)
9/21: 248.8 (+0.7)
Total for Week 3: +1.9
Total for September: -0.1

Week 4:
9/22: 247.9 (-0.9)
9/23: 249.6 (+1.7)
9/24: 248.7 (-0.9)
9/25: 251.7 (+3.0)
9/26: 249.5 (-2.2)
9/27: 249.2 (-0.3)
9/28: 248.5 (-0.7)
Total for Week 4: -0.3
Total for September: -0.4

Final Days
9/29: 248.5 (+/-0)
9/30: 248.9 (+0.4)
Total for Final Days: +0.4
Total for September: +/-0

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 10-02-2018 at 12:45 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:01 PM   #4  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Wow, "Suddenly" September is right...I feel like August just FLEW by! Thank you for posting the next thread for us, Curvy!

I didn't post much on last month's thread - but, like I just posted over there on my end-of-month entry, I am still alive. I have just been very busy the past few weeks and have been battling that same 3-4 lb plateau all month long. I ended with only a 1.6 lb loss for August, so I'll be keeping the same goal weight for September -- I still want to hit 162, which will officially put me in a healthy BMI category for the first time ever. So, that will be only 5.2 lbs for the month, but I think - considering my plateau struggles - that is actually a pretty ambitious goal for me, even if it doesn't really seem like it. I'm hoping that, once I'm able to start reincorporating a little more exercise or different routines into the mix this month, I will finally be able to see some actual movement on the scale again. We shall see...lol. I think I'm going to do things a little differently this month and only weigh-in on Fridays -- I'll be changing my format for just this month to reflect this and see if it helps me not struggle so much mentally with this plateau I'm dealing with lately. I'm hoping to still post more often than that in here, but - if nothing else - I want to make sure I check-in once a week, minimum!

Best of luck to everyone this month and hugs all around!

------------------------------------

August 31st Weigh-In: 167.2
Month Goal Weight: 162.0
September 30th Weigh-In: 164.4
Total Month Weight Loss: 2.8 lbs.

First Friday: 168.8
Total Loss for Week One: +1.6 lbs.

Second Friday: 167.6
Total Loss for Week Two: 1.2 lbs.

Third Friday: 166.8
Total Loss for Week Three: 0.8 lbs.

Final Friday: 164.4
Total Loss for Week Four: 2.4 lbs.

End of Month Weigh-In: 164.4

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 09-30-2018 at 03:13 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Aug 31 weigh in: 153.2
September 30 goal: 149

jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #6  
Gizmo

I can't believe it's September already. curvynotlumpy thank you again so much for keeping this thread going. And you even included the number of days till Christmas in your intro! Just the mention of it makes me happy.

I had a terrible month of August where sheer exhaustion just took over. I ended up working 60 hours last week and I could've gone in an extra day to try and get things done. I even baked cupcakes to sell at work to help raise money for the Sunshine foundation, a cause for which we were asking customers for donations all month at the cash registers. I wanted to do something special and when the humidity broke this week, I made cupcakes with a sunflower design. Employees donated money in exchange for a cupcake and they enjoyed them, so it was worth it.

I'm starting a two-week vacation and I aim to use this time to really re-focus on myself. There's really no excuse and I've been worried about the effect all this stress and fatigue accumulating this past month. So I'm using this time this morning while David and Loki are still asleep to prepare a list of what I need to get done for my physical and mental well-being (I'm a list-maker), which includes programming workouts on my Fitness Blender profile, planning out meals cause that always worked well for me, deep housecleaning and de-cluttering because that helps settle my mind and looking for fun and relaxing activities too.

Small anecdote: one of the members of our management team is only 22-years-old. Yesterday while talking about her future plans, her parents, dogs, etc., the conversation came to our age. She guessed that I was younger than I am (good), but when I told her I will be turning 44 this month, she just casually mentionned that her parents were 46 and I just let out "OMG I could be your mother!". We both cracked up but it made me feel so old at that moment. The fact that I am so out of shape and exhausted obviously did not help how I saw myself at the time. I never think about my age but it sort of hit me like a ton of bricks.

Anyway there's no sense on dwelling on this, time to move on and move forward. I'm wishing everyone great success this month!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy September 1!

I'm glad folks are making their way over to the new thread and getting settled in.

Martine: I'm always thrilled when you let us know you have a vacation or vacation days coming up. You work very hard and long hours and it doesn't seem like you take enough vacation. While I don't have two weeks of vacation coming up I am going to be spending some time doing as you are, evaluating and making some plans about how I want to proceed. I'm 49, will be 50 in November and I often get the same reaction when I tell folks my age. I nodded my head when you mentioned never thinking of age but thinking about it in relationship to all the factors you cited--weight, being out of shape and exhaustion makes me feel frumpy and older than I am. Wishing you, David and Loki a restful, enjoyable and productive vacation .

opheliaphoenix: I kind of figured with going back to school, kiddos and active home life we probably wouldn't hear much from you in August. Welcome back and with your goals. I think 5.2 lbs. is very doable and just enough to start building that momentum.

jazzfan22.

RunningRedHead: Welcome back from vacation! I hope you had a great time

bloominbutterflies: All you can eat fried chicken dinners??!!! : Fried chicken is one of my favorite foods. I'm glad I don't make it or have easy access to it or I'd be struggling more than I am right now . I used to drink one Diet Coke every day when I was actively losing weight and then at some point just switched to ice water. I still enjoy it every once in awhile.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 09-01-2018 at 03:43 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:22 PM   #8  

Just a quick check-in for me today, will get to personals on Monday. I think I need to lay off things with artificial sweeteners in them. I had some decent wooshes to make my goal the end of last month and I think it had everything to do with going back to basics (meat and veggies with cream only in my coffee, and no imitation foods) while I was away at the coast. I rebounded 2lbs today, which is probably related to that; it may also be due to impending shark week. We shall see. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Week 1:
9/2: 250.9 (+/-0)
9/3:
9/4:
9/5:
9/6:
9/7:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 09-02-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #9  
Tough Turtle

Martine I'm sure you'll get back on track.Congrats on getting through that stressful time in one piece! Sometimes I look for reasons to binge eat when I'm stressed (which is a terrible coping mechanism).

I'm happy to report that I am still within a good range of maintenance. I've been eating a lot though so I have been noticing the numbers steadily heading north. It's not too far to be a problem yet, but I think it might be only a matter of time if I'm not careful. The last two days have been crazy food wise. Friday was going to be a "good" day, but me and Jason ended up getting chinese take out. Then yesterday we ate chinese food at his parents and japanese food out with friends. The food at his parents place was pretty healthy, but the food from restaurants were either greasy or fried. I tried not to eat a lot, but know I over ate. I don't feel good about what I ate at the Japanese restaurant yesterday. I wasn't even that hungry so I don't know why I ordered as much as I did and finished it. I mean, I love Japanese food and think of any opportunity to eat it as a golden one. But, I wasn't hungry...that is unhealthy.

Today I am going to the Romeo Peach festival...LOL. It's just one thing after another. I'm really looking forward to eating all the peach things though, and maybe I can pull off just having a piece of buttered toast and a hard boiled egg for dinner. Today is the last day before I get to wash my hair again after chemically straightening it. I'm excited to know for sure if the treatment work (although I'm pretty sure it did), and please keep your fingers crossed it doesn't rain at the fair. It's pouring now, but it's supposed to stop in an hour and not come back.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/236/135

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Talking

Hello everyone! I am new to 3FatChicks and this particular section of the forum. I started Keto for the umpteenth time on 1 Sep 2018. Just thought I would check in here for support and join the fun! My problem has always been a lack of willpower. Hoping to conquer that beast.

SW 242.8

Mini Goal for End of September: 232 pounds.
fitatfifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #11  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead hope you had a great vacation! As fun as they are, there's nothing like being back home after a while. Or maybe it's just me, because I'm a homebody. BTW I finished season two of The Handmaid's Tale today. I won't spoil it for you but this show sure packs a punch.

fitatfifty welcome to this thread and wishing you success this month.

bloominbutterflies thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I too turn to food when I'm stressed, it's a really bad habit. Hope you got to enjoy the peach festival. What a neat idea for a festival, peaches are such a delight when in season.

opheliaphoenix have you started your classes yet? I can see how back-to-school time is always such a busy period for any parent. And I'm sure you'll see that healthy BMI weight very soon, your hard work will pay off.

jazzfan22 hope you are doing well.

curvynotlumpy and bloominbutterflies I know someone who has drank Pepsi every single day of his adult life and has never been able to give it up. Sugar and whatever else is in soft drinks is highly addictive.

So today was day 1 of taking care of myself again. I hit all of my goals, which were going on a long walk with Loki, exercising, drinking 2L of water and eating mindfully. And I got to relax and finish watching The Handmaid's Tale. I had 4 episodes left to watch, I started with 1 episode and then the next, and the next and 4 hours later I was done. Now I'm moving on to season two of Legion. Hope everyone enjoyed a great weekend!

01: 4.4km walk + 40 minutes lower body strength training
Old 09-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #12  
Gizmo

Hope everyone is enjoying Labour Day! David is working and just texted me that his shoulder is hurting him. It gets worse in high humidity. We have 2-3 more days of this to endure. Even though it was already quite warm this morning, I took Loki out for a 4km walk at the park, where he got to see many furry friends. The skies were threatening but all we got was a sprinkling of rain, which was most welcome. When I got home I went straight into a workout, because I knew that with the humidity rising, I wouldn't do it later today. I'm not done moving yet as I'm going to do some housecleaning after lunch. Eventually I'll get to relax.

01: 4.4km walk + 40 minutes lower body strength training
02: 4km walk + 41 minutes upper body strength training
Old 09-03-2018, 05:31 PM   #13  

Casey: I can’t believe how fast August went by. I don’t know about you, but I always find the fall to go by far too quickly as well. What a great goal for this month! Also, how are your classes going?

Martine: Vacation was great, it was just long enough! I’m with you on being happy to be home Oh wow! I’m still on the fourth episode I think! I’m pacing myself hahaha. How funny to have the age-realization and perspective change with your co-worker! I’ve had a few of those at work; it’s funny because you don’t really think about it, but when you do it hits you like a ton of bricks I hope you’re able to take advantage of your vacation and get some great R&R.

Curvy: Thank you! It was beautiful out there. I had never been where we stayed before, and it was just such a cute town with lots of small-business shops and boutiques. I would definitely love to go back there some time.

Bloominbutterflies: Hope you were able to enjoy the peach festival, it sounds awesome!

Fitatfifty: to 3FC and this thread! Fellow keto-er here Best of luck to you in reaching your goals this month!

Happy labor day to those celebrating! Today was a lot of running around like a crazy dog lady, took my two pups and my cousin’s pom to get groomed Today, shark week also snuck up on me (3 days early). Lots of hydrating and a little bit of dark chocolate to cope

We’re doing a clam bake with grill-friendly foods and a salad for dinner tonight. No walk for me or the pups, it’s far too hot/humid for us to go very far. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Week 1:
9/3: 251.9 (+1.0) SW
9/4:
9/5:
9/6:
9/7:
Old 09-04-2018, 08:30 AM   #14  
Tough Turtle

Fitatfifry welcome aboard!! Glad to have you here, kind of you to share your will power dust with me .

Thanks all for wishing me a good Peach fest! I ended up having a great time. I ran into my brother's fiance's sister and hung out with her, her friend, and her aunt. We went to an art and craft fair, ate at an irish tavern, and checked out the carnival. I got a cute pair of earrings and won a raffle for a jar of stone ground mustard! (Sounds lame, but I love mustard so I was happy). Before we left we got some of Romeo's famous peach cider to go! That stuff is really good, but will coat your teeth with how much sugar is in it! It might be even a bit much for me and that is saying something. I was so stuffed from junk food when I got home all I had was a chicken breast for dinner. At the fair I had an oreo caramel apple, some mac n' cheese at the tavern (brought most of it home), and tried to eat an elephant ear (could barely eat it half). It was a 90 degree day, we are having a heat wave in MI. It worked in my favor because I was absolutely sucking down ice tea (no sugar) so it helped me not eat as much as I could.

The next day the scale read 170.4 which I was pleased to see. Maybe it's because there wasn't a lot of salt or diet coke that day to see a nice drop. Now on Labor day I had no special holiday plans. Me and Jason went out for a day of fun by ourselves. We went to Kohls where I bought 2 outfits for fall, stopped at petco, and headed on over to the house of sins (McDonalds). We split the 10 pc chicken nugget meal together and an oreo mcflurry. I got a diet coke, and it perked me up like a wilted flower. Sadly, with all this socializing lately I think my caffeine addiction is starting to grow back. We finished with grocery shopping and had a quiet evening at home. We got invited to a last minute bowling party, but our introvert batteries were spent. I made homemade cheese pizza with veggie marinara sauce! It took a long time but is so delicious! I really love the outfits I got and was so happy I fit into an XL well again. I was pushing to plus in the winter. 3/4 of my garments came from the juniors section too. Not bad.

Today the scale reads 171.2 which is just barely in range for OK for maintaining (I give myself up to +2 lbs). Probably is the diet coke and salt to see the scale jump. Really am starting to see patterns. Sharky bloaty time starts Thursday, and I will give myself an additional +2 lbs to compensate for water.

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 09-04-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #15  

Bloominbutterflies:Glad to hear you had such a great day at the Peach Fest. Also glad to hear you won a jar of stone ground mustard (I also love mustard, so I can see why you’re excited )! Peach cider sounds very interesting.

Plan for today is a nice walk with the pup, lots of homework, followed by rehearsal (which also started back up with the semester). I started one of those 30-day squat challenges that are floating around on Instagram. There’s a nagging voice in the back of my mind saying it’s a bad idea to work the same muscle groups multiple days in a row, but so far so good. I’ve also been much better the last few days about doing my stretches and exercises for my back too (I think all the movement is helping stave off the wonderful cramping that goes along with shark week).

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Week 1:
9/3: 251.9 (+1.0) SW
9/4: 250.7 (-1.2) SW
9/5:
9/6:
9/7: