Old 06-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Casey: Way to go staying on plan! It does sound like it could be a combination of both… or one or the other Trust your process, it’ll all come out in the wash

Magicsusan: The mornings have been beautiful (60s F or about 16-21C if my math serves me right) the last few days, despite the daily high’s being sweltering. Your walk and dinner with DH sound wonderful

Nichelle: That ice cream sounds delicious! I love making my own ice cream because I know exactly what is in it

I made it to 5L yesterday, including 1L of “ketorade” to help replace the electrolytes lost with all this heat! Yesterday I had my normal veggie egg and cheese scramble with my coffee, lunch was a nice antipasto salad and wings, and dinner was some lobster from the local fish market. I made my own lobster roll (sans roll) and it was amazing. Carb count came in at 36g total, 4g net (had to make sure I did the math right on that one, but there was a lot of fiber consumed yesterday). I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

SW: 269.0
6/14: 265.8
GW: 261

Week 3:
6/15: 265.8 (+/-0)
6/16: 264.3 (-1.5)
6/17: 263.4 (-0.9)
6/18: 266.9 (+3.5) *yikes!*
6/19: 265.2 (-1.7)
6/20: 264.2 (-1.0)
6/21:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-20-2018 at 09:21 AM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Sw this month: 274.6
Current weight:268.6
Total loss so far 6lbs
I'm pretty happy with this.

Drank 5lt water yesterday

This morning a made popsicles for after work... watermelon, strawberry and a few Tbsp of OJ... I pulsed them in the blend and are now sitting in my freezer. Hoeing they taste good! Haha
I am such a foodie! I love food. I get excited about it... at least I'm now focused on healthier foods!

Today is preschool grad. Wish me luck! 100plus people and im doing the talking on a mic in front of everyone... I dont do public speaking. It scared me lol

Last edited by Nichelle; 06-20-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #123  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Magicsusan: Wow, 1984 was the year I was born! Even around 2000, I'd say that has my best friend's mom beat...lol. And, happy anniversary!! I'm glad you guys had a nice time and got in a great walk, as well. (P.S. I'm right there with you on Team Batwing...hopefully we can get rid of them one day!! )

Kayla: I hope so! And, wow...4g net is impressive!! I don't know if I've ever managed that...lol.

Nichelle: Great job on the water...and, good luck with the preschool grad and making your speech! As someone else who is petrified of public speaking, I feel you and hope it goes smoothly!

-----------------------------------------

Still holding at 169.4....and, it was toying with fluctuating even higher than that, so that's unsettling, lol. I only got in a little over 1.5 bottles yesterday (about 112oz), so I will focus a little more on the water today. I brought my cals up a couple hundred yesterday, but I ended up doing it last minute with a bowl of cherries after my window eating closed, so going to make sure that I don't eat late in the evening again today, either.

Week Three
15: 169.6
16: 169.4
17: 169.0
18: 169.0
19: 169.4
20: 169.4
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good afternoon!

I completed a post yesterday but when I went to submit the site was down and I lost it It looks like the site has been updated or am I imagining it ?

Today is the first day I've had in a week where I haven't been on retreat. Monday and Tuesday went well and our Directing team accomplished a lot and set some reasonable goals. Every year is like this where our retreats follow one after the other. However, if it's between doing it this way or spreading them out over the summer, I'll gladly take the former and get them out of the way. I have a couple of other mini-retreats later in the summer but nothing that takes so much time.

opheliaphoenix: Your body is just toying with you. Your recent posts about being stuck sound familiar to what you've experienced in the past so I know you'll bump down soon. This seems to be your pattern. Hang in there, sweets!

Nichelle: Great job this month ! Six pounds is awesome. Your popsicle flavors sound like they will hit the spot on a hot summer day! We're expecting 107 degrees on Saturday so maybe I should make or buy some of my own. Will your pre-schoolers be wearing cap and gowns? It's always so cute when I see kids dressed like this.

RunningRedHead: It's not often that lobster is mentioned on these threads. Sounds delicious

Magicsusan: Firstly, Happy Anniversary Secondly, looking at your stats, you've made fantastic progress over these last six months! And I hear you on the bat wing wish, sister. I think I've mentioned it before but bat wing surgery is the only plastic surgery I'd ever consider at this time in my life. Even at my strongest, most fit and smallest, they were ever present.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 06-20-2018 at 07:57 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:16 PM   #125  

Curvynotlumpy that way too hot for me. I'm hoping Saturday will cool down a bit. I have the farmers market in the AM and then work in the park (for aboriginal days) until 7or8pm. It gonna be a long day but that's okay.

Preschool was good. Talking in front of everyone is okay (went pretty smoothly)
We made grad caps for Ll the kids and some of them were the first nations regalia. Everyone was super cute.
I was talking with one parent and she showed me picture of her daughter and one of the boys in class. Holding hands, hugging etc under the photo grab corner

We now have one week of clean the preschool up and start reviewing registration forms for next year. Then summer camps begin! Excited about this we have lots of stuff planned for it!
Old 06-21-2018, 06:10 AM   #126  
Gizmo

Nichelle congratulations on a great month so far! I love your enthusiasm about teaching kids and organizing activities for them, as well as your enthusiasm for food. How did those popsicles turn out?

curvynotlumpy I have lost plenty of posts recently, for some reason the site would kick me out when I went to hit "submit reply". It's a good thing those back-to-back retreats are coming at the end of the semester. I can't think how you could catch up on your own work after a week away if it was in the busiest time of the school year.

opheliaphoenix the scale is evil, holding you up like that. But I have total confidence in you that the number will continue to go down soon.

RunningRedHead love your story of Cookie wearing out Loki. A colleague had shown me a video of his new Daschund puppy playing non-stop with a friend's Labrador who was totally down for the count, lying on the floor. Sounds like you found a good plan with IF, it's all about finding what works for you.

Magicsusan a huge congratulations on your anniversary! And look at you, now 10 pounds away from Onederland, you are doing so well!

Jazzfan22 I have my exercise marked on my calendar, but it seems that my work calendar has taken over EVERYTHING. I do agree that cheat meals often set you back for a while, at least it does have that effect on me. Continued success, you've come this far, your body has no choice but to follow you.

moosehappy welcome to this thread!

I am feeling more and more tired, I will definitely ask if my obgyn can send me to get my thyroid levels tested when I see him in 2 weeks. I think the stress of the new store and David's shoulder injury are starting to add up but there must be something else causing me to be exhausted all the time. David got his MRI results back and one of his tendons is torn 2/3 of the way through. His employer did finally offer him modified light work, so at least there will be some money coming in in case the health and safety board in the province rejects his claim. But money is not what concerns me, I'm more worried about his health.

I spent part of my day off yesterday preparing Powerpoint documents for the two group orientations that we are doing this Saturday and Monday. I'm not familiar with Powerpoint but I'm figuring things out using the internet. It's like a challenge for me, I love learning new computer skills, it doesn't feel like work to me. I'm working the afternoon/evening shift today and will spend all of my time doing employee schedules. We go into our new store on the 29th and I'm actually looking forward to it. But then that will bring its own set of headaches and challenges too. I went for a walk yesterday and will do so again this morning, trying to enjoy this perfect Summer weather these past couple of days, trying not to let work completely overtake my life. At least I'll have moved 3 times this week, even though I aim for more and also aim for more strenuous workouts. I think walking is all I can handle this week, I just have to accept that.

Have a great day everyone!

01: 34 minutes upper body weight training
02:
03: 4km walk + 43 minutes HIIT/lower body workout
04: 40 minutes upper body weight training
05: 34 minutes core workout
06:
07: 32 minutes upper body weight training
08:
09:
10:
11:
12: 4km walk
13:
14:
15:
16:
17: 4km walk + 35 minutes total body strength training
18:
19:
20: 4km walk
21: 4km walk
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Martine Sorry to hear you are so exhausted all the time. Hope the doctor finds an answer. Stress can really take a toll. Walking is important and 3x per week is something -- I think doing something is great and when you have more bandwidth you can add on so that you aren't starting from scratch again fitness-wise.

Nichelle Preschoolers are so cute, I am a parent of one and it's such an adorable phase of life!

curvynotlumpy Hopefully things will be more settled down for you for the summer, then?

opheliaphoenix Way to go holding the line at 169! It is unsettling to go over, I hate being on the threshold. You're doing a good job being committed yet balancing it with life and then making up for any slight deviations. That's wonderful -- it's what I'm striving for as well though I have to admit I get psyched out with the stalls and fluctuations.

RunningRedHead 4 net, whoa! NICE. Does the fiber bother you at all GI-wise or with bloating?

Magicsusan I am also battling batwings! Though I have accepted them as long as they are with me; I am no longer avoiding tank tops because I find tank tops comfortable. Hopefully they'll reduce eventually with the weight loss and exercising.
---------------------------
Slightly down to a new low, just by a smidgen. Weighed in at 168.0 this morning, so 0.2 lower than my current lowest. After stalling for a month, I'LL TAKE IT. Yesterday I did a non-strict intermittent fast, the night before last I ate my last meal at 4:45pm and yesterday morning drank only coffee (with almond milk) and bone broth until 11am. I'm not doing IF today though, I woke up and felt a bit hungry so had a yummy 400 calorie breakfast. I am tracking my macros strictly today though, and will attempt to hit them precisely. I think I can pull off IF sometimes if I drink coffee and bone broth, but otherwise I personally find it tough. Yesterday I was also great with my water intake, so I'll try to be good about that today as well. Last night I started incorporating weights again and did about 15 minutes of heavy lifting after 15 minutes of cardio. My elbow is almost better but still a little tweaked so I'm still nursing it. Today I'm going to do my old standby, Zumba. I have noticed that I can and need to push myself more while doing Zumba/cardio dance, just to make sure I keep sweating and keep my heart rate up. That's a good thing in that my baseline fitness level is better, but does signal to me that I should try to change it up more and incorporate the weight lifting. Even though I LOVE Zumba and it doesn't feel like exercise. The 15 minutes of cardio I did yesterday was part of a cardio toning class that used a step and hand weights, and I actually left it early because I dislike and am bad at using the step. It was challenging, which means it is good for me to change things up, but I am not going to be motivated to go to the gym if I do stuff I dislike. I'm not that dedicated, haha. One of the reasons I have been able to hit the gym fairly hard is that I'm prioritizing what I enjoy, which is cardio dance.

jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #128  

Martine the popsicle turned out really nice. Very refreshing I'm glad I made them

Jazzfan22 preschoolers just make my heart melt. I love being around them they have such a positive vibe which makes me so happy... sure there are day I am so thankful its home time lol. But over the past 6months I've only had 2 days like that.
I like how someday during play time the odd one doesn't really want to play so they grab a book and brings it to me. We go snuggle on the kids couch and read the book. I know the words to Down by the bay, Pete the Car I love my red shoes and a few others by heart now. Lol (they LOVE pete the cat... like if they aren't listening during story time just switch the book to any pete the cat. It's like magic lol)

Yesterday I managed to drink 4.5lt water
And this morning down .6lb totaling 6.6lbs this month.

I have today off... no school, and no work! I'm doing a little bit of cooking/baking right now before the heat is horrible lol.
I trade with my friends grandparents I bake them banana walnut bread and they give me fresh rhubarb

Everyone have a good day!
Old 06-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #129  

Good morning

Martine: Good to see you back and posting . I was wondering how you were doing. You have a lot on your proverbial plate with the store opening and coordination happening. I'm glad you're going to see your Ob/gyn to get your thyroid levels tested. The extra exhaustion must be very evident since you've been so store focused for a while. And poor David! I'm glad his work has been modified. Good luck with your Power Point. I use it fairly frequently and it's a pretty engaging presentation tool. And it has definitely been a challenge catching up on work. Just because I'm away doesn't mean the work stops, right?

Nichelle: Enjoy your day off and have fun baking this morning . I think the barter system you have going with your friend's grandparents is sweet deal!

Jazzfan22: Your experience using the step and weights sounds familiar to the couple of times I tried this at my gym. It just didn't work for me. I'm fairly coordinated but it moved really fast and I found myself paying too much attention to keeping up rather than form or getting a good workout in. Nope, not for me or for you either it seems . However, it sounds like you have a nice little arsenal of activities/workouts that do work for you.
I had a three hour professional development class scheduled for this morning but canceled. I just need to be at my desk. We have interviews Monday and Tuesday next week for the open position in my unit and I still have prep I need to do. I'm also doing a presentation for a group of summer undergraduate research scholars on Monday morning before the interviews. Tonight I'm getting my hair cut so this will be a nice break and relaxing way to end the day.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and productive day!
Old 06-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #130  

Jazzfan22: I don’t find the fiber to cause bloating, I have however noticed a correlation between low-carb wraps and bloating/GI..ahem.. issues/inflammation, so I’m beginning to wonder if I did have an underlying sensitivity to gluten/grains that I didn’t know about before. If I get all of my fiber from produce (avocados anyone? ) I don’t get bloated at all. Way to go on your IF, new low and getting that water in! Hurray for a new NSV with your improved cardio/fitness level! That’s awesome

Martine: That story of your colleagues pups is so cute! So sorry to hear about David’s shoulder! Those injuries are so painful and people underestimate how much they use their shoulder (or any joint for that matter)! Glad to hear your work doesn’t feel too much like work Way to go getting your walks in, as you stated: at least it’s movement! Sending a big your way!

Curvy: It was so tasty! Even more so as the market shucked them and cooked them so we didn’t have to heat up the house cooking! Glad your retreats went well and are out of the way for the most part. And I agree with your observation of an updated 3FC; when I copy and paste my posts now, it automatically double spaces the content. And typing this right now, I just noted it said "draft autosaved" in the right hand corner of the text window. It also appears to have you highlighted in the box with your name/avatar as the "thread starter." hmmm.. very interesting!

Casey: I had so much fiber yesterday it did the trick to lower the carb count. I'm not sure I've ever been that low either Mmmmm cherries!! *drool* That's one of the things I am missing the most right now. Have some for me next time!

Nichelle: Way to go on your month so far, 6lbs is definitely a loss to be proud of!!

I made it to 3.5L yesterday, including a liter of ketorade. The pups and I went for an hour long walk yesterday AM (a fasted walk, which I may start doing more often). I then went to my first ever yoga class at a local hot yoga studio. It was good in that it really showed me how much room I have for improvement and I like that it’s in a group setting because it helped me push myself through some vinyasas that I would have done half heartedly if there were not witnesses I was really hard on myself after, but I promised that I would go back and I’m planning on two more classes early next week (to give my muscles time to recuperate). I’m in love with how sore I am right now though- I haven’t been this sore in a long time! (It’s a good sore though!)

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

6/14: 265.8

Week 3:
6/15: 265.8 (+/-0)
6/16: 264.3 (-1.5)
6/17: 263.4 (-0.9)
6/18: 266.9 (+3.5) *yikes!*
6/19: 265.2 (-1.7)
6/20: 264.2 (-1.0)
6/21: 264.2 (+/-0)
Total for Week 3: -1.6
Total for June: -4.8

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-21-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #131  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: Yes, it looks like things have been changed around here sometime in the last day or two to me, as well...and, I haaaate it! It makes it so much harder to do my usual edit style without typing it all in manually. I wish there was a way to revert back to the normal site or at least willfully opt-in to this new setup instead of just dropping it on us with no input or warning. And, I agree...I think this is my body's pattern just messing with me, despite being on plan! Hopefully, next week will make up for it...lol. I hope your haircut today goes well, by the way!

Nichelle: I'm glad the graduation and speech went well!

Martine: I hope I'll be able to make up some lost time next week...we will see, lol. And, I hope you feel more energetic - or at least are able to figure out what's causing or exacerbating your fatigue - very soon!

jazzfan22: I popped back over the line today, but I'm hoping that I will get it going back in the right direction next week. The stalls and fluctuations are definitely a mind game to deal with during the process, but Curvy is correct that - sometimes - it's all just following a pattern and you have to remember it's not always something you can control or avoid. I think we're all still learning to ride the unpredictable waves of victory and disappointment while staying as consistent as possible along the way! And, congrats on squeaking down to a new low!

Kayla: I'm getting some more cherries today, so I will definitely have a few extra in your honor! Also, I'm glad you had a great experience with the yoga class. I've always just done some YouTube videos here at home, but I think going to an actual class would be helpful for my form and follow-through...like you said, the effort is always doubled when there are witnesses, lol.

-----------------------------------------

Okay, so I bumped up yet again...all the way back to where I was at the end of last week at 170.6, which leaves me with a goose egg loss of exactly nothing for Week Three. Whomp, whomp! I was actually pretty convinced I was going to see a loss, so that was an unwelcome surprise. However, I agree that my pattern has always been somewhat of a rollercoaster, so I guess - after losing 4.4 lbs last week - I shouldn't have expected much from this week. I tend to lose, then stagnate, then have a weird up and down week, then lose again, then stagnate again...so, it makes sense. Here's hoping I can use the last week to play a little catch up from my gain this week and still manage to hit my monthly goal by the 30th!

Week Three
15: 169.6
16: 169.4
17: 169.0
18: 169.0
19: 169.4
20: 169.4
21: 170.6
End of Week Two: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Three: 0 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 06-21-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Opheliaphoenix ugh the Roller coaster aspect of this is so annoying. I hope you hit your monthly goal!

RunningRedHead, maybe gluten or even just the high insoluble fiber of stuff like carb wraps? I think fiber from natural sources is probably better tolerated.

Curvy how did the haircut turnout?

Nichelle you are doing great on your monthly weight loss!

—————
Finally a good drop, down .8 to 167.2! It’s nice to see the scale move again, after it was so stubborn for a few weeks. I set up several close together mini-goals and 167 is one of them. 30 lbs lost since February! If I can manage to lose one more pound by the end of the month that’ll be satisfying. I think I am going to have to be realistic about my monthly goals and set them to 4lbs a month. Also whenever/if-ever trying to conceive works I will have to stop eating such a calorie deficit. I am still a high enough weight that I would need to be strict about weight gain, but eating at maintenance is probably a good idea. Until it happens I am going to take off what I can take off. I have a fun family weekend planned but did pencil in gym time so am hoping to stay on track with diet/macros and fitness. I bought some Keto baking supplies so am going to make some macro muffins from Keto Connect. And maybe some Keto cookies with Lily’s chocolate chips, nom! Happy weekend to all!
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #133  

Casey: <3 cherries <3 And the witnesses definitely helped haha. It’s good that you’re recognizing your rollercoaster-like pattern for what it is and waiting it out. Also, I agree with you about loathing the new 3FC forum layout for posting. Trying to figure out how to copy and paste it without it reformatting *eye roll*

Jazzfan22: That’s a good point (fiber from produce vs processed food) I didn’t even think of that. Those muffins and cookies sound good, let us know how they come out!

Yesterday was 4L and carbs came in at 36g total, 23g net. I was craving dessert last night and after a full day of being active was only at about 1200kcal for the day, so I made a keto-friendly mug cinnamon roll that really hit the spot. Today is my last day puppy sitting, but I’m going to carry over my good habits from this week to just Loki and me. This week I’ve been diligent about getting outside and going for a walk early (for me) in the morning before it gets hot to burn off some of the puppy energy. : this AM, :crossed I get to keep it tomorrow

6/21: 264.2

Week 4:
6/22: 263.1 (-1.1)
6/23:
6/24:
6/25:
6/26:
6/27:
6/28:
Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #134  

Good morning

Not a lot happening for me today. I'm working on a Power Point presentation today that I'll give on Monday to our undergraduate scholars. My goal is a combination of interesting, fun and useful. Wish me luck ! Today it's supposed to be 103 degrees and tomorrow 107 .

jazzfan22: Haircut turned out fine. Thank you for asking. I'm in the midst of growing it out so every time I go I feel like I'm getting a bit closer. It's amazing what a simple trim can do to give a head of hair some shape and refresh it. Congrats on the scale drop ! I don't think dropping another pound is out of the realm of possibility. You have some time Let us know how the Keto treats turn out.

RunningRedHead: I've heard lots of great things about hot yoga. I like your mindset of looking for ways/places to improve in the practice. Don't be too hard on yourself; we are our own worst critics. I have a couple of friends who are regular practitioners and both have mentioned how it humbled them at the beginning.

opheliaphoenix: I saw your post to the Mods regarding the new format. Thanks for sending that. There are parts that I like such as the auto-save but jury's still out on other aspects.

Happy Friday!
Old 06-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #135  
|| Casey ||

Super quick post today, as I'm already posting really late in the day...will catch up on personals tomorrow!

Back down a little, but not much yet...weigh-in was 169.8 today. At least I'm back under the line for now! We'll be doing a pizza night tonight though, so we'll see if that causes problems on the scale come tomorrow...lol. I'll be keeping it in my calorie range, but I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed that the sodium monster doesn't get me!

Week Four
22: 169.8
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Four: