Old 06-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 285/270/145

Height: 5'5"

New to the boards, so I won't exactly be doing a full month of checking in, but... There are three goals I have currently that should help with overall wellbeing, in addition to weight.

1. A gallon of water a day. (I actually have an empty store bought gallon jug from when we had a bad snow storm... Pain in the butt to clean, but a good way of making sure I don't go to bed until I finish it).
2. Go to bed by midnight (preferably earlier), get up by 8 (preferably earlier). Thus far I've been failing at this because I'm unemployed and nocturnal, but all jobs I could potentially hold would not be accepting of a nocturnal schedule, lol.
3. Follow P90 program consistently (aka, 6 days a week, ~30 min per day).
moosehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Gulfmagnolia: Darn TOM and the water retention that goes with it! Here’s hoping you get back down to your low from the week soon

Casey: What a great way to look at the day-to-day changes. I hope you and your hubs have a great night out to celebrate Father’s Day

Martine: A liter is still a liter! That’s something! Plus, don’t discount the water that’s in your food or other drinks; as long as they’re not caffeinated, they count in my book Way to go getting your workout in today! The image of an interview by flashlight made me chuckle for some reason... Did her steel reserve to get the job done/take care of business get her the job?

Moosehappy: and this thread!! You've definitely come to the right place, these chickadees provide some great support and accountability It sounds like you've got some solid goals to start out and steps in place to help you achieve them, way to go!

Made it to 5L of water yesterday; I ended up caving and getting Starbucks at work yesterday (couldn't say no, someone bought it for me ) so the caffeinated Mio vs Coffee experiment will have to hold on for another day or so. Carb count came in at 56g total, 26g net. All the carbs are from veggies so I'm okay with the slightly higher than normal total. Last night of work until Saturday tonight; looking forward to getting it done with. It was my turn to be in charge this weekend and three in a row of charge is annoying sometimes... although it is nice because I usually end up getting in far more steps than if I were in a normal assignment.. Despite that, I'm still looking forward to next weekend where I can just go to work and take care of business as usual

Have a great Sunday everyone, see you on Monday

SW: 269.0
6/14: 265.8
GW: 261

Week 3:
6/15: 265.8 (+/-0)
6/16: 264.3 (-1.5)
6/17: 263.4 (-0.9)
6/18:
6/19:
6/20:
6/21:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-17-2018 at 04:55 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:06 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Hot hot hot.... the weather has become hot here... and is suppose to stick around for at least 2 weeks (30 to 35°c)
I dont do well in the heat... nor the really cold haha I like spring and fall.
Today I finish my grocery shopping... then came home made a veggie potstickers soup. Finished cleaning the dishes and started meal prepping.
Took me around 5/6hours and my house is horribly hot now. But I have 4 freezer meals, and 32 lunches in my freezer plus the fillings for a healthy pizza pockets made (hopefully will finish them in the AM before work)
I'm trying to change my meal plan for the week a little... aiming for more bbq meals not oven meals. Going to do zucchini turkey burgers tomorrow.

I'm jumping in the shower to cool down then off to bed for me.
Night all
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:12 AM   #109  

I'm off to the gym. The sky is clean. The sun is coming out already. Outside is nice and cool. My house is still hot. Needless to say I've opened all windows and screen doors. Hopefully itll cool down!
Old 06-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #110  

I got home from the gym and my house was much cooler... so I baked a turkey thigh(for a soup I'm making tomorrow) prepped dinner for tonight. And even make greek yogurt bagels!
I dont have to use the oven tonight after work!! Wootwoot!
I am feeling so positive towards this week!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 285/270/145

Height: 5'5"

Ok, not QUITE midnight to 8:00, but pretty close. Something like 12:30 to 8:15, haha. I want a nap because my body is like "why are you even awake right now," and it's going to make working out later tough, but it should make waking up tomorrow for a job fair easier.
moosehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Nichelle Glad you are feeling positively about the week! Way to go meal prepping.

RunningRedHead I use Mio Sport sometimes. I just bought ZipFizz which has caffeine but haven't tried that yet. I was using Nuun but since I've hit a stall I can't afford the random 4g carbs it has so am going to phase it out.

moosehappy Good luck on your goals!

Martine When I put workouts in my calendar just like my work meetings and whatnot I am usually more accountable about them. Would that help?

opheliaphoenix Welcome to a new decade!! Hope the 160s are nicer to you than they are to me. I am stalling like crazy and very sad about it.

gulfmagnolia Try not to dwell. I am having similar ups and downs and it can really get to you if you let it. I know how you feel, sigh.

curvynotlumpy Did you see any good candidates for the position?

Nichelle The camp plans sound really neat! How did you do on the .6 lbs?

------------------
Well I'm stalling like crazy. I had hit the 168 mark several days ago and hung out there for a day, then went back up again to 169 and even 170 yesterday (so upsetting) and am back down to 169 today. I have not been tracking very well but I feel like I've been eating on point except for the one cheat meal. I wonder if the cheat meal is really messing me up (my total calories including the cheat were not that much above my maintenance calories, I am guesstimating). Clearly I am retaining more water. I thought I just retained water around PMS time, but I wonder if with keto I also retain water around ovulation time (I'm tracking because we're TTC). Hm. I'm thinking of trying something like cutting dairy out b/c I've read that this causes some people to stall, but right now it's such a staple part of my diet that I'm loathe to do it. I've been working out fairly regularly, and at least have noticed that I have more energy for the gym and can push myself harder DURING the workout. Ugh I have just also not had the bandwidth to track precisely with food, but if I do better with the tracking maybe that'll help break the stall. I used to eat a salad for lunch every day and have gotten away from that, so maybe I'll go back to that too. I had been feeling bloated and yucky from raw vegetables so stopped the salads but perhaps it is time to restart that again. Since we're TTC I'm also loathe to fast for more than a 16 hr period so I can't try fasting. My elbow still hurts a bit so I'm not ready to do heavy lifting but I could at least do heavy lifting with leg weights. Wish me luck as I try to figure out this stall. I'll report back this week about whether I have a breakthrough or not and what might have worked.
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #113  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: Glad to see you checking in again, and thank you! And, the story about the interview during the power outage made me chuckle...at least you could tell that she was committed to getting in that interview!

moosehappy: Welcome!! I try to drink a gallon water a day as well, and I think it helps a ton. Definitely worth lugging some inconveniently large bottles around all day, lol.

Kayla: Thank you...we all had a nice time, and he ended up loving my last minute replacement gift, so that was a win, as well! Haha. Also, I asked my husband about the caffeinated Mio, and he hasn't tried it...so, we will all have to wait for your experiement to see how it goes! I may go ahead and pick up some, as well.

Nichelle: The veggie potsticker soup and the bagels sound delicious. Hope it cools off for you, and that all your awesome meal planning makes this week a great one!

jazzfan22: We were posting at the same time, so I deleted and am reposting to make sure I include you, as well! Haha. That being said...thank you!! And, I hope you're able to move down through the 160s more easily from here on out and lead the way to the 150s!

-----------------------------------------

Weight held steady at 169.0 today, and that is totally fine. We did end up going out to eat for a Father's Day dinner with the kids afterall, where I had a veggie burger, fries, some chips and salsa, and even a little frozen custard on a cone afterwards! I also only got in one bottle of water all day - so only about 72oz - and I didn't do any workouts or hit my step count yesterday. I mitigated some of the damage from dinner by only eating half and saving the rest for tonight, so I at least stayed within my calorie range for the day. (I let my son have the other half of my fries with his lunch though, so the worst part of the leftovers is gone...lol.) So, maintaining for the day is just peachy for me, because that shows me that I can have a regular day out with everyone else and still keep a balance. Hoping that I stay down on the scale tomorrow after properly hydrating today!

Week Three
15: 169.6
16: 169.4
17: 169.0
18: 169.0
19:
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and good afternoon!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day and weekend. I'm writing during the break of the two-day director's retreat I am in today and tomorrow. I'll get to as many personals as I can before the break is over . No one get upset if you don't see yourself in this post

opheliaphoenix: Looks like you can confidently say that you are in a new decade. Great job ! With that said, the dinner you described sounds delicious.

jazzfan22: It sounds like you're trying to figure a lot of things out and that can be both exciting and frustrating. I admire your tracking efforts and even wanting to track because I have never had the where-with-all to do that. If you can,try to get off your own back because you have worked hard and this is just a minor detour .

moosehappy: to 3FC! Happy to have you here. I hope you make yourself at home and post often.

Nichelle: I'm with you about the ! I'm sorry your weather has been so unbearable. It really takes it out of a person. Super impressed that you got so much cooking done before the heat really took hold. And that thigh sounds

Okay, back to work. Will be back tomorrow. Everyone have a good evening!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #115  

Going to weigh in tomorrow morning to see where I'm at.
I really hope this heat doesn't stay around... I've drank 4lt of water and still feel so thirsty. And I have this killer headache (pretty sure if from the heat)

I'm going to get my gym stuff ready, hope in the shower and hopefully fall asleep
Old 06-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #116  

jazzfan22 weighted in just now. I've lost the .6lb that I gain
Old 06-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Hope you are having all the fun at your retreat

Casey: Glad to hear you all had a nice time! Your dinner sounds delicious! I was pretty low on the water yesterday as well, here’s hoping today’s hydration is more successful and we both see some nice drops tomorrow

Jazzfan22: I’ll have to look into that one, it sounds interesting! I’ve noticed some bloating around when I ovulate (Fitbit added cycle tracking to their app); not quite as bad as when it is actually shark week, but pretty close. Good luck figuring out what’s causing your stall, let us know how it goes!

Moosehappy: Way to go getting almost 8hrs of sleep

Nichelle: Way to go on your food prep and getting to the gym!

I started intermittent fasting!! (16:8) So far, I’m loving it, it’s totally manageable and the caffeinated Mio is definitely helpful in holding me over in terms of caffeine while I fast. Only made it to 2L and 1200kcal yesterday, but the good news is that I managed to make my protein goal and I was able to fall asleep at a decent time/wake up in the morning. Carb count came in at 11g total, 5g net. I’m dog-sitting very hyper pit bull/boxer mix puppy (10 month old named Cookie) for a friend while she’s out of town for work. Cookie and Loki get along alright, but Cookie has sooooo much energy and Loki only puts up with her nonsense for so long. I got in 14k steps yesterday and am on my way to that today while I try to tire out the puppy. I haven’t made it to the gym but I did make sure to do my exercises and stretches at home. The weather hit triple digits here yesterday so we’ve been sticking to walking early in the morning and at dusk/night. Now to avoid the darn mosquitos!

SW: 269.0
6/14: 265.8
GW: 261

Week 3:
6/15: 265.8 (+/-0)
6/16: 264.3 (-1.5)
6/17: 263.4 (-0.9)
6/18: 266.9 (+3.5) *yikes!*
6/19: 265.2 (-1.7)
6/20:
6/21:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:53 PM   #118  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Curvy: Thank you, and I hope the director's retreat is going well!

Nichelle: Nice job losing the gain today!

Kayla: Nice drop for you today, but fingers still crossed we both see some drops tomorrow, too. And, I love the 16:8 IF, as well! Hope it works out well for you, and I will definitely be picking up some of those energy Mio drops today...lol.

-----------------------------------------

Back up a bit to 169.4. Since I was actually a little low on calories, drank a gallon of water, and got in a good workout yesterday, I'm thinking it's either due to how sore I'm feeling today or just the balance of a slower week following a strong one. Or, both. Either way, just following the plan as usual and making sure I get in enough calories today, since I've been so busy lately that it's been hovering around the 1100 mark, other than when we went out on Sunday.

Week Three
15: 169.6
16: 169.4
17: 169.0
18: 169.0
19: 169.4
20:
21:
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Three:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:35 PM   #119  

Thanks guys

I found this dessert on a Instagram (I'm following a ladys weight loss journey) and omgosh so good... and bonus super easy to make!
1mashed banana, 1tsp cocoa powder and 1Tbsp PB2... mix together then freeze. It taste just like icecream! I made it again for tomorrow because I'm sure itll be just as hot if not worst tomorrow.

Just wanted to share
Old 06-20-2018, 04:26 AM   #120  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hi all, it's me. I'm still here. Trying to keep up with this thread and failing miserably!
I see some new faces! Hello to Lacerta, Jazzfan22, Livi29, Noir, Moosehappy and anyone else I may have missed!

Casey, Hooray for your whoosh! I laughed about cleaning out the cupboards; I was helping a friend clear out once and found a package of heat and serve cheese fondue that had expired in 1984. Yes, 1984. This was around 2000 sometime. Well, his mom grew up in England during WWII, so I guess that sort of hyperfrugality stays with you Well done on your day out, too. Readjusting everything- portions, calories, water intake, exercise- when you aren't on your own and calling the shots is hard, but I guess it's kind of the ultimate goal, isn't it? Just to be able to live and interact and go out but maintain the loss?

Nichelle, you've been so busy with the make-ahead meals! I always say I'm going to do that, but really, I only manage to about once a month. Hope you kick that headache!

Kayla, good luck with the fasting! You have my sympathies on the triple digits. I used to love those hot summer days when I lived in the states, but I guess you get acclimated. If it gets over about 22 degrees here (about 72f) I start to wilt Good for you having the resolve to get your exercises done at home, even if you can't make it to the gym!

Martine, sorry you're having a tough time keeping on track. To be fair, though, you do sound awfully busy at work! I hope the opening goes smoothly!

Holy yo-yo, Batman, that's some scale hopping, Gulfmagnolia!

Well, I'm still plugging along. Sunday was our 24th anniversary. We went for a long walk (turned out to be about 16k) in the Emmental and had lunch at a very nice place. I had a big mixed salad and only a couple tiny bites of DH's chantarelle ravioli. I'm well into metric onederland now, which makes me very happy, and am getting antsy to get into imperial onederland too. I'm doing great with the walking (at least an hour, almost every single day) but still lagging with the weightlifting and other exercises. I really need to step them up to tone up the muscles under the flab, but it just doesn't seem to happen as often as it should. Die, batwings, die.

Take care of yourselves, try not to melt, those of you in the heat! I'll check in again next week, same batwing time, same batwing channel....

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 13: 233
Apr 18: 230
Apr 25: 227
May 2: 225
May 8: 225
May 16: 221
May 23: 219
May 30: 216
June 6: 214
June 13: 213
June 20: 210

Last edited by Magicsusan; 06-20-2018 at 05:10 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote