Old 05-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #91  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

gulfmagnolia: Thank you! And, as for any advice, I think Martine's words were spot on! I hope you're able to focus on small victories until you can sort out the mindset issue. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a struggle for me, as well! Sending hugs your way. As for the classes, archery sounds so fun...and, I have to be honest, the pole classes sound like great fun, too! I think, after getting over any initial embarrassment/uneasiness, it would help boost body confidence and be a phenomenal core workout!

Martine: Thank you! And, I've been having trouble getting to bed at night the past couple of days, so I feel you...I hope you've been able to get some more sleep! Good luck with all the craziness going on at work too, by the way -- hopefully, it will all settle out ASAP without you having to take over store management!

Kayla: Great loss for the week and awesome NSV! I need to keep up on my measurements more often, since they really are the better judge of progress than the scale is most of the time. And, I hope you're able to get to sleep earlier tonight!

Curvy: Thank you so much! You're very kind. I'm actually not very photogenic...I usually have to take about 20-30 selfies to get a single decent one in the mix.

texasscrapper: It really does make such a big difference! Increasing my water intake these past couple weeks has gotten me back on track more than anything else, so I hope you're able to hit your water goals this week! And, great work staying on plan with all the craziness and celebration going on in your lives lately!

-----------------------------------------

I held steady at 177.8 yesterday and went down a bit to 176.4 today! Yesterday, I was a little low on the water and only drank a little over one of my bottles -- about 2.5 liters -- so, I'm hoping it's not just a little dehydration at play. We will see tomorrow after having a normal day today. But, for now, that means I am down 3.0 lbs for Week Three and that I get my next dragonfly in my signature! Just hoping I get to keep it all come tomorrow!

Week Three
15: 179.8
16: 178.8
17: 179.0
18: 178.4
19: 177.8
20: 177.8
21: 176.4
----------------------------
End of Week Two: 179.4
Total Loss for Week Three: 3.0 lbs.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 05-21-2018 at 03:43 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

texscrapper: I work at a university and it's beginning to get crazy here as well. I find it interesting that college students who struggle and complain to make their 7 a.m. labs or classes can easily be roused out of bed, put on a full face of make-up and dress up to have their graduation photos taken on a Sunday morning. I wish you well with all your graduation celebrations. It's a such a happy time of year !

opheliaphoenix: Congrats on being another 3 pounds down and earning your next dragon fly!

RunningRedHead: You're having a very successful May! Good on you
It's been a pretty successful day work-wise. I started the day by meeting with my staff. My team is writing a grant for do do some specific student-parent programming next year. Regardless of what universities and colleges say about being inclusive and recognizing each student as an individual, they've been slow in recognizing that we have student-parents earning their degrees. We're hoping to bring awareness to that population through this grant. My second meeting focused on the fabric and finishes for the remodel of our center that will happen this summer. To say we're excited would be an understatement. Let's say our transfer center has an 'eclectic' mix of pre-owned and cast-off tables, chairs and storage . Later today I'll help proctor the final exam for our peers. We're getting the final out of the way early as next Monday we won't meet for the holiday and then they have group presentations the next two weeks.

Happy Monday!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 05-22-2018 at 12:40 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

After my meeting with Design Services, yesterday, it made me realize how much I needed to clean my office and rid it of unnecessary things and/or store in the right place so that they can do the work in my office and center. They will provide us with a timeline for the remodel, but with the close of the academic year, final exams and everything else on my plate I don't want to leave it to the last minute. Casey, I need a dose of those 'get it done' organizing skills you have ! One of my goals this week is to set up an action plan to move through it little by little. I'm planning for few weeks of feeling extra but the end result will be worth it. On the plus side, when I'm this busy I will often forgo mindless eating so I have that to look forward to as well .

Wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 05-22-2018 at 01:13 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Stayed on track yesterday and only ate 10 carbs I even managed to get some extra water in! We added a new member to our family - a beautiful dog names Buster! I'm heading to the vet with him after work today - he was a stray that was abandoned so we need to get him checked out. We think he is 2 years old and a husky/german shephard mix, but I'll find out more today!

Hope you all had a wonderful day
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Smile

Casey: When I was doing a lot of reading about keto and weight loss in general, everyone kept saying to take your measurements regularly because they’ll tell the whole story better than the scale (even the scales with body fat percentage calculations). Way to go on your loss for week three and getting to add another dragonfly to your signature

Summer: Way to go sticking to your carb goal and congratulations on the new addition to your family. Buster sounds like a bundle of energy and so much fun!

Curvy: Wow! It sounds like you’ve been busy at work! Glad to hear everything is going well. I love your description of the transfer center’s furniture, it definitely made me chuckle

I made it to 5L yesterday and there was an hour-long walk outside with the pup. Carb count came in at 28g total, 19g net. Last night while I was trying to fall asleep I realized it had been over a week since I had cravings around bedtime leading to late-night snacking. I’m counting that and the fact that my rings keep falling off and clothes are fitting a little bit better as an NSV. Here’s to everyone having a successful wrapping up of the month. Let’s finish strong!

SW: 277.3
5/21: 267.6
GW: 269
Stretch goal: 262

Week 4:
5/22: 266.5 (-1.1)
5/23:
5/24:
5/25:
5/26:
5/27:
5/28:
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #96  
|| Casey ||

Curvy: Thank you! Also, that is wonderful to hear that your university is beginning to work more in-depth with the parent students in your school! As someone who wants to go back to school for a degree much later in life than the average student, after becoming a parent, that makes me happy to see. As for the upcoming remodel, that is exciting, too...and, I hope you're able to get everything sorted out for that in a timely manner with everything else going on! I would come help you if I could!

texscrapper: My eye just now realized that you name doesn't actually say Texas in it, and I've been writing it wrong up until now...sorry about that! Great job staying on track today, and welcome to Buster! I hope he checks out well at the vet today, and he sounds beautiful! I love both Huskies and German Shepherds, so I imagine he's a cutie.

Kayla: Thank you! And, that really is an awesome NSV...I still have to be careful of the temptation to give into late night snacking, as it is one of my biggest triggers to just go overboard and forget all my efforts during the day. So, I think that is amazing!

Up a smidge to 176.6, but less of a bump than I expected and still under that pound line, so I get to keep my new dragonfly for another day. I got in a little bit of extra water yesterday - about 5 liters in total - so, I'm happy about that, too! Just did a 4 mile walk last night and will probably do the same tonight...maybe a workout video if I can get some privacy with the TV, lol. I also need to remember to do my physical therapy stretches tonight -- I've forgotten for the last couple days straight! Hope everyone is having a great day today!

Week Four
22: 176.6
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
End of Week Three: 176.4
Total Loss for Week Four:

Old 05-22-2018, 11:32 PM   #97  

Height: 5'7

Hey, newbie here.

I think I finally hit my rock bottom tonight after having to admit that, no, my scale is not broken I am actually almost back to my highest weight... I lost over 90lbs several years ago and then I got caught up with life and its steadily crept its way back. I kept thinking every few pounds, it's okay I'll just cut back a little. But I never do, I eat my emotions good or bad, or I just look at yummy food at must have it (and I work in a bakery department at the moment so that's most of the time), and it gets worse and worse.

I have to actually hunker down and get serious. I have to get a grip. I'm going to start logging my food again and actually stick to it. Right now, I just really want to be under 200 again, and that's all I'm going to worry about so I don't overwhelm myself.

Plan (what I know worked for me before):

Log food and stay under target calories
No sweets except for one day a week
Plan good snacks and lunches for work
Drink more water (bring a bottle to work and drink it all)
At least light treadmill/bike everyday, plus three workouts a week
Livi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #98  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Well, there it is; for the first time in what- ten years? I'm under 100kg, if only just! 99.3 this morning. I'm in metric Onederland!

Hello Livi29! Sounds like you've got a good plan!

Hi OpheliaPhoenix! Hope you got all your PT done. I have some I'm supposed to be doing for my neck- I also have a tendency to forget them until my neck hurts- not really ideal!

Hey RunningRedHead! Let's hear it for NSVs! After nearly 20kg, I finally had to buy new pants! And good riddance to cravings!

Well, Texscrapper, another friendly face for walkies can't be bad! Hope everything is back on track after all the pre-grad parties. I know I hate it when I can't steer my own eating/drinking/exercise schedule

Curvynotlumpy, the remodeling sounds intimidating and exciting. Good luck! Although, the eclectic look sounds cool too

Gulfmagnolia- Archery and pole dancing- that's awesome! let us know how it goes!

Martine- wow, what a shake up at your work! I don't even know what to say. It will be stressful until you find the new "normal" I guess. Did you make a picture with the new hairstyle? Will you change your profile pic?

2018:
Jan 1: 264
Jan 8: 260
Jan 15: 258
Jan 22: 256
Jan 29: 254
Feb 8: 251
Feb 14: 248
Feb 21: 248
Feb 28: 246
Mar 7: 242
Mar 14: 241
Mar 21: 238
Mar 28: 236
Apr 4: 234
Apr 13: 233
Apr 18: 230
Apr 25: 227
May 2: 225
May 8: 225
May 16: 221
May 23: 219
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #99  

Casey: Way to go on your 5L and 4 miles. I hope you were able to get in those PT stretches and that they help.

Livi29: to 3FC and to this thread, you’ve come to the right place! It sounds like you’ve got some very reasonable goals set for your self. Good luck

Magicsusan: Way to go on the new pants! I have a ton of clothes that used to fit, that I can’t wait to get back into (and back out of on the way down ) as I go. Congratulations on your making it to metric onederland!!!

I had a bit of a bump this morning, but I was anticipating it due to eating out at a local Mexican restaurant and enjoying two glasses of red. I only made it to 4L yesterday, so that may be part of it too. Carb count came in at 52g total/36g net (it may not have actually been that high, but due to not preparing the food myself, I overestimated my tracking in MFP). From what I’ve read, that’s not too much to knock me out of ketosis, but it is enough to definitely cause a bit of a stall or a small bump up. Staying 100% on plan today and hoping for better results tomorrow.

For my birthday, I bought myself a gym membership and am planning on going tonight for the first time in quite some time. I just need to get over myself first so that I actually make it through the door

I am so close to being able to finally strike through my first goal in my signature; according to my fitbit app, I keep fluctuating between 18 and 20% of the way to goal, which i know that when you start out with the intention of losing 130 lbs, that's nothing to sneeze at, but i'm getting impatient. I just need to keep trusting in the process, now that i've found one that works for me and my life, and keep my nose to the grindstone.

So far today has been good, I had breakfast with an old friend and we went for pedicures afterward (golly did I need one!) and then the rest of the day was spent carting the pups to the groomer for their pedicures and baths. Lunch was tuna salad in romaine lettuce wraps with red pepper strips. Dinner will be salad with steak.

Sorry this is so long, feeling pretty rambly today. Hope everyone has a great day!

Week 4:
5/23: 267.8 (+1.3)
5/24:
5/25:
5/26:
5/27:
5/28:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 05-23-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #100  

Just a quick check-in before heading to work. Thank you for the welcomes!

So far I'm doing good logging my calories, planned snacks ahead of time and have them pre-logged.

Got in 3.5 miles (20 min) on my stationary bike.

Hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!
Old 05-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #101  
|| Casey ||

Livi29: Welcome to 3FC! I have been stuck in that same cycle of losing weight and then letting it creep back up on me pound by pound many times...this forum has helped me more than anything in getting back on track, so I'm glad you're joining us! And, good job on the bike!

Magicsusan: Congrats on hitting metric ONEDERLAND!!

Kayla: Mexican food always gets me the next day, without fail...it is usually worth it, though. I hope your awesome water-consuming skills help flush out that sodium and brings you back down tomorrow!

Weigh-in was 175.4 today, which means I hit my month's goal -- for the first time since January! It may pop up a bit tomorrow, because I was out in the hot sun for over an hour today waiting in line at a emergency pickup** today, so I may be a bit dehydrated despite the extra water yesterday. I also tried a bellydancing video last night, and I had no idea how weak my arms and core were until now...it was way more intense than I expected it to be! Or, maybe I'm just that out of shape.

(** The emergency pickup was because there was a bomb threat at our daughter's high school this morning, so they evacuated the entire school out to the district office parking lot across town...and, it has been a FIASCO. Literally thousands of people in line outside of the building, wrapped around and through the parking lot and even out and down the main street it is located on. I started feeling faint - similar to the day that I actually ended up passing out and didn't want to risk anything - and our toddler started throwing a fit, so I had to leave and will have to return in an hour or so to get her when it starts clearing up. Many parents were doing the same thing, especially after there were other parents there starting to yell and cause a commotion. It is a circus out there right now. All is well, though! The kids are all safe, and I don't know if they even ever found anything on campus or if it was just someone pulling an incredibly stupid, illegal prank to get out of class. )

Week Four
23: 175.4
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 05-23-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #102  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Magicsusan Metric Onederland!!!! Amazing!!! Congrats darling!

Redhead omg Mexican food. It’s been so long. How I miss the fajitas, sigh. So close to a signature goal! The gym terrifies me. Never have I had a bad experience, I go to planet fitness for Pete’s sake. But oh it’s hard to walk in there alone. Cheering you on from here

Livi29 I am also a victim of the vicious food/emotion/lose/gain cycle. So glad you are here!

Casey Congrats on this months goal! Great job How was the belly dancing? I’m relieved to know your daughter is safe and sound. Gosh that sounds stressful

Curvy Spring cleaning and redecorating always make me feel so accomplished and in control. Not to mention gives me a new appreciation of an old space. I hope this remodel brings cheerful energy/happy vibes to you

Texscrapper Welcome buster! Xoxox

Martine A lovely haircut makes me feel like a rockstar. Did you manage to snap a photo?

My Brother and his wife have come up from Tampa to visit me here in SC. I walked them all over downtown and we went to lunch. It was so nice getting my steps in so early in the day, and without even feeling like work. Good company is the best distraction. My exercise is done and I don’t even feel tired! Tomorrow I’m taking them to the mountains Happy Hump Day everyone

Last edited by gulfmagnolia; 05-23-2018 at 05:45 PM.
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #103  

Casey: Me too, I’m finding Sorry about the stress of the bomb threat and emergency evac/pick up. I can’t tell you the number of times we had bomb threats when I was in school (always an illegal prank by some bored kid wanting to get out of class), but we never evacuated. It’s sad that in the current climate the bomb threats have to be taken so much more seriously.

Livi29: Way to go pre-logging and prepping your food/snacks ahead of time. Planning is at least half the battle!

Gulfmagnolia: It’s funny you mention fajitas, because that’s exactly what I had The place I went was super flexible (looked at me like I was a little nutty) and gave me extra veggies, guac and sour cream instead of rice, beans and tortillas. It was so good. And same thing: I’ve never had a bad gym experience, also a PF person, but walking in alone as you said, at least for the first few times is definitely nerve-racking. Enjoy your visit with your brother and SIL!

Still riding out the bump up today from my outing on Tuesday. Here’s my weird realization of the day: I no longer need a hint of sweetness in my morning coffee, which is a far cry from my old habit of loading the coffee up with full fat/full sugar flavored creamers and then to make it even sweeter, I would add some splenda. Today I’m typing while I enjoy some with a splash of half and half. The effect this keto journey is having on my taste buds is definitely odd to say the least. I hope everyone has a phenomenal day!

Week 4:
5/23: 267.8 (+1.3)
5/24: 268.0 (+0.2)
5/25:
5/26:
5/27:
5/28:
Old 05-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #104  

RedHead Awesome about the coffee! I'm obsessed with coffee and definitely love my flavored creamers and it can add up real fast. Have to limit myself.

gulfmagnolia Sounds like a really great way to get exercise, have fun in the mountains! I miss hiking mountain trails when I lived in SLC, it was so pretty. Now it's aaalll dessert where I am.

opheliaphoenix Belly dancing is no joke! I tried it a few times and it's a lot more difficult than it looks. Glad everything was okay at the school, I've heard of false bomb threats happening at the local high school here too... baffles me what some people think is a "prank."

---------

I had a really good day 1 yesterday. It's the first time in what feels like forever that I didn't give up logging half way through. Full disclosure, I ate half a donut at work, but it still didn't put my over my calorie goal so I'm gonna let it slide.

This morning I got in 2 miles (15 min) stationary bike and Chalean Extreme burn circuit 1. I'm remembering why I didn't stick to it before though, the movements feel awkward to me and I end up working really hard to feel like I didn't do much. But I'm going to try to give it a shot this time, maybe I just need to get better at it.

Have a happy Thursday!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #105  
|| Casey ||

gulfmagnolia: The bellydancing was fun, but it definitely made me realize how out of shape I am! And, how fun that your brother and sister-in-law are visiting...glad you had such a great afternoon with them, and I hope you guys enjoy the mountains today! Just being out and about spending time with loved ones like that is the funnest way to stay active.

Kayla: Agreed! I remember a "bomb" threat or two back when I was in school, as well...and it was always just someone messing around and being an idiot. When she first called about them being moved outside, I wasn't too worried because I was assuming someone was just being stupid and that it was nothing -- then, when she told me they were being evacuated and bussed off campus, I was worried that maybe they actually found something for real this time, because we were never officially evacuated for anything back when I was in school. Turns out, they didn't find anything at her school either by day's end, but - you're right - with everything going on these days being reported in the news, they felt they had to take protocol to the maximum, just to be on the safe side. It's crazy.

Livi29: I was just talking about that with Kayla in my reply above this one....you would think that, with everything going on in the news these days, people would know better than to try to pull these kinds of jokes anymore. However, I guess kids will always be kids. It's just a lot riskier nowadays, since it is taken so much more seriously now and you can be jailed and ruin your life for being stupid like that now. I'm not sure if this one was a prank, but the police and fire department did verify that nothing was found afterall.

Between not being able to sleep until almost 4am last night and rehydrating, my weight was up a bit to 176.0 today. But, that's okay...I know that I've hit my goal for the month, so as long as I can get it back below that line this week, I will be happy. Also, I won't be able to do a weigh-in tomorrow, since I will be out of town picking up my husband from the airport at my usual WI/lunch time....I'm incredibly excited to see him, but I know we'll be going out on a date this weekend to celebrate him being back home, so I'm hoping I don't undo any of my recent progress in the meantime. Going to do my best! I will check back in with you guys on Saturday. Until then, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your week!

Week Four
23: 175.4
24: 176.0
25:
26:
27:
28: