Old 08-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #451  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys, not much new to report. Today's weigh in showed a bit of cooperation from the scale. I'll keep pushing. I didn't work out this morning even though I woke up early enough. I don't know why, I feel like I'm dragging a bit for some reason. I'll try to go home early enough to work out this evening. I'm doing so-so on food so far, not on the lower end of my calorie target range, more at the higher end, but also still below maintenance. I'd like to be more in the low-mid end of my calorie target but oh well, it is what it is.

Diane: Okay good to know. If I can be in the low 190s by October 1, I'll take it for sure! The struggle to be on track with BOTH food and workouts is real! Yay evening hike! Is it cooling down where you are yet? Or still boiling summer hot?

Sakai: It sounds like there's all sorts of egg-citement at Casa Sakai. I wish you all the success with the chickens and ducks!

Okay guys, I've got to go. Sending hugs and all the on-plan dust for today.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #452  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sakai: Aw! Sounds like you have some new little friends! That's funny that your man likes duck eggs. I don't at all, except for baking! Maybe you have a pair and could raise some babies at some point! Pretty soon, you'll have all kinds of little feet walking around.

Toasted: Nice drop on the scale! Won't be too long, and you'll get back below the 200's. Yes, it is getting much better with cooler weather. The only thing I noticed last night is that the sun is setting a little earlier. I probably only have about another month for evening hikes, then it will be too dark after work.

As for me, no weigh in. I didn't want to do it today. I did go on the hike last night and it was good to be back at it. I've also decided to go on the big hike on Saturday. I've told too many people about it now, and I don't think I should back out. Then, I'll have to explain that, too. So, I'll go. I went to spin today. It was a pretty hefty workout, but it was good. I need to go to Body Pump tomorrow.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:29 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Slash: do the hike! Maybe it will make that scale take a tumble on down for you. Enjoy it and meet some new people. Just let DH know where you are going in case you do feel you fall behind. Maybe he’d even join you.

Toasted: I’d love if I hopped on the scale and it was back to 220. So far no dice. I hope your spirits stay up and do well on your journey over the weekend. Weekends are always hard for me and this one is the last summer holiday!

Sakai: you will be busy! And a cooler weather getting to you you’ll be all set! I can’t say I ever have had duck in any form. I’m guessing you prep the eggs just like a chickens if your eating it? Does it have a different taste or texture?

Hello all!

Sorry forgot to reply this morn. I had pt for the kiddo and we did some extra shopping in there as well. I haven’t bothered w my weight TOM showed up (yeah peri!) not really - but that gives me answers to why I’ve been eating sweets and salty the last few days. Holy cow. So I’m sure the weight is high. It’ll be what’s it is. Kids back to school next week!

Happy evening all. I’m off to go figure something for dinner. I’m at a loss for ideas that are weight friendly. I’m tired of chicken.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:34 PM   #454  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Lemon-Duck eggs have a higher protein content so they whip up nice and high and because they are richer, do wonders in baked goods. I've never baked with duck eggs, So here's my chance. I've eaten fried duck eggs and they were pretty good If I remember correctly.
Slash-Yeah I don't know what I was thinking noodle to handle all this at once. Things seem to happen to me in 3's and this is sure one of them.
Toasted- Thank you! I need all the luck ^.^

I'm off diet. I'm sorry to say. But will be back on tomorrow. I had a sudden upset stomach and stayed home from work and drank lemon-lime soda and nibbled on crackers and when I could, had some noddle soup. All of which are big NO NO's on this diet. I fell better today, but have already started the day off on the wrong foot when It comes to the diet. Eating potato soup.
I'm sure this stress isn't making sticking to my diet any easier. But I'm rock solid in jumping back in asap.

Last edited by Sakai; 08-29-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:59 AM   #455  

Sakai: good for you for the outlook to return to diet! You can do this! I’m sorry you are under the weather. Being ill in the summer stinks! Thanks for the info on duck eggs. I’m glad you found your Easter’s. You’ll have to let us know what colors they lay.

Diane: are you all signed up to trek?

Toasted: how’s your reading for fun going? Any new genres you are covering? I brought home 3 books from the library two weeks ago and haven’t cracked any of them open. I said this to my mom who is a voracious reader and she said she rarely cracked a book open as we were growing up that was for her - always too busy. I get it now! As for diet - my challenge w my DH is out the window this week. I will try to reign it in when school begins Tuesday. I’ve got 3 weeks to “loose” before our upcoming trip and I’m sure I won’t eat super well in that window. But I generally surprise myself on holiday. I’ll be walking a lot, in sand! So I’m hopeful.

Uber: how was back to school?

Hello all!

Ugh - tom the great interrupter to a diet. Sure I know there are plenty of women that breeze through it and remain on task. I am not one of them - I eat sugars, I drink soda and then throw in salt - it’s a LONG LONG four days. And that’s if my body is behaving. But I’m motoring on the end side to such so maybe pulling myself back on track will be just fine.

I’m looking for a small part time gig since the youngest goes all day this year. Nothing huge and not in my “field” but it will give me a bit extra spending money and be out in public. I’m dropping off an application today. Will see if anything amounts from it. Maybe that will help w the mindless eating I have being home.

Sewing will continue today. I have one swimsuit done. I have mine to do - but it probably would be best to do when the kids aren’t here - it has lots of moving pieces and a lot different ways of construction vs the standard suits I make. I’m still waiting for some fabric for shorts to get here. Maybe today? That would be helpful!

And eating - today I’m throwing it into the wind and see where it falls and goes from here. Anything is possible.

Have a good day all and a wonderful weekend for those stateside celebrating (toasted you too- though yours is a normal one! )
Old 08-30-2018, 01:18 PM   #456  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: Yep, I'm all good to go on the hike. I went and bought a trekking pole, so now I'm ready. My husband laughed and said he had lots of walking sticks I could use. I just wanted something that can be adjusted down for storage, and is lightweight. I'm looking forward to it now. I noticed that you talked about reading. I love it! I always did a lot of reading before I had kids and now that they are grown, I can get back to it much easier. I didn't do much at all when they were in school, so there is hope for you! I went to a neighbor's yard sale when I saw they had books. I bought 24 for $6.00. I've started on one, and looking forward to the rest!

Sakai: Sorry you aren't feeling well! I think that when you are sick, you just have to forget about diets and just do what you need to do to get better. Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon. Then, you can get back on track!

As for me, I didn't make it to body pump. I just overslept. I have a dinner to go to tonight, but it is early. So, if I can get out of there early enough, I want to try to go for a hike. We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow is spin, so I'll make sure I get up for that! Food was ok yesterday, but it is a battle. So far so good today.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:36 PM   #457  
Less is more.

I'm still afraid to get on the scale. >.<
Maybe I'll weigh in on monday, after detoxing on the weekend. I woke up with a headache..the effects of carbs. And in generall I just feel down. Like I took a HUGE jump backwards.
But I'll overcome it. I never really realized how bad my body felt until it started feeling good. Now all the little aches and pains have returned, the low mood, the skin issues. Man carbs are almost not worth it. I think I will start planing a low carb Thanksgiving, because this isn't something I want to do again this year @.@
I know I won't lose any weight this month, but if I'm lucky I'll get back to the weight I was before the vacation.

Update: Eggs are still eggs. No hatching yet. They were due today but because of 2 power outages and a stint of low temps, the development of the chicks has been delayed. So they may hatch tomorrow But I think they will hatch Saturday.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #458  

Sakai: do you have chicks yet?

Diane: yeah for a telescoping walking pole!

Am: got up at 445 and peeled and canned more pears. 9 more pints done and all sealed - even better! It’s a rainy day here - or developing! So we’ll stay in the house today. I just got some More stuff ready for My compost heap - in hopes next garden season will be fantastic and I’ll be thinner and trimmer! But at this rate I’m not missing that will be a challenge.

Have a good weekend all! I’m off to do more cleaning.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #459  

Depending on tomorrow’s invites I hope to at least begin to focus back on me. Even if I can just get back into the 220s for this trip I will happy. I’ve got salad greens to make big salads and I can cook up some extra chicken tonight to throw with it. And fasting LETS GET BACK to the morning fast lemon!

Hope you each are having a swell weekend. I’m off to go celebrate a birthday and have a salad to make for that. I will weigh in on Tuesday.

Happy long weekend.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Sakai: So much info about duck eggs! I didn't know anything about them and have never had one. Fingers crossed that you have chicks now!!! As for the carb-heavy diet, it's hard when you're sick to figure out what to eat, but i'm sure you'll be back on track soon!

Diane: Glad that you went for the telescoping walking stick that you wanted. Those are really nice and they feel good when you carry them. Always love to hear about people reading! :-)

Toasted: I'm sure low 190s by October is doable! Sorry you feel as if you've been dragging. I think you are coming off a really busy time and probably just need to recharge your batteries a bit.

Lemon: Last days of summer! Glad that you are slowing down and taking the time to enjoy them. I'm super envious of your pear-canning-- pears are so delicious!!! Yum! You'll be so happy when you crack those open this winter. Did you have a lot of school shopping to do? I absolutely hate the crazy-long lists of school supplies that the teachers send out. My son's third grade teacher was the worst-- she demanded that they buy specific brands even when the non-brand items were cheaper!!???!! She was such a neat freak that she wanted everybody's stuff to stack up perfectly and look the same, but I thought it was insane. Luckily this year, the teachers were not too fussy about their demands and we were able to mostly recycle from last year. On the other hand, my son is 13 and growing so fast, so pretty much needed all new clothes. Luckily, here in LA, all he needs are shorts and tee-shirts, so buying clothes for a boy is simple and cheap. Funny what your mom said about reading. I've always been a big reader and obviously now, I'm a writer, but when my kids were little I almost stopped reading and my mom used to buy paperbacks and read them and then mail them to me so that I would keep reading... if she hadn't done that I would have stopped! Now, I read all the time, but I've never caught up with my mom who reads like a fiend. The one book we all really enjoyed recently was Crazy Rich Asians-- and then we saw the movie. Cute!

Me: Halted at 205, but really feeling tantalizingly close to seeing a 1 as the first digit on the scale. Hooray! Clothes-wise, I've done a giant closet purge, and sadly I did buy some stuff in the spring and early summer that is already too big. I should be enjoying the closet-purge, but mostly it's just kind of depressing to see all the dollars spent on clothes that are already too big. I'm trying to be cautious about buying too many clothes, but it's fun to clothes shop and it's really hard for me to imagine myself much smaller than this. My youngest daughter left for college this morning, and once Labor Day is over and my youngest is back in school it's back to work for me-- gotta start work on the next book!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #461  

Tons of yard work today and no invites from the ILS so I’m good to keep busy today! DH and I will be getting out there to begin the work. And once it’s done hopefully it looks good and at the same time we are already readying it for winter. I am not going to allow rabbits to girdle the bushes like they did last year. No thanks.

So I’m off to get the yard love looking good and maybe burn a few calories while busy.

Enjoy your day - personals later!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #462  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, last week ended in a somewhat hectic manner because I had a couple of things due. I ended the week kind of munchy and I wasn't sure why until TOM came an unexpected week early- whatever THAT's about, and I'm usually super regular so that was a little weird. Anyway, my weight is all over the place as a result so I'm waiting till tomorrow or Wednesday to get a proper weigh in. Meanwhile, my weekend was an eat-tastic mess! Not as bad as usual, but not good either. I'm back at it again today, though, and with TOM out of the way, I'm hoping to start September off well and have this be an amazing, healthy on plan plan weight loss month.

Lemon: TOM is a beast with the munchies it brings. I too crave everything sweet, salty and carby. On the bright side, with your kiddos going back to school and not tempting you with snack preparation and meal prep every minute, hopefully, you can have more time to do the things you want to do and rock this journey out again. Reading for fun is going okay. It's an essential element of maintaining sanity and is my main "vice," being that I'm not a huge tv watcher outside of European soccer and even that I watch whilst I read. I met my Goodreads reading challenge goal for the year in July (100 books in 2018) and so I've increased my target by 50% and I'm now pushing myself to read outside the box and read some things that aren't really "me-" for example, I'm currently reading a book by someone called Ling Ma called Severance and it's about a very ordinary, procrastinate-y, pregnant millenial trying to fit in (or not) in a creepy post-apocalyptic dystopian cult group. Anywone who's knows me or my Goodreads knows I'm not a post-apocalyptic dystopia kind of girl, but oh well... I can imagine that reading with kids is incredibly hard. For space reasons (as in I've completely run out of wall space for my floor to ceiling shelves), I'm a huge e-book person and basically work to feed my Kindle habit. I do most of my reading on my phone because it means that I can get away with reading at work, on my commute (about 2-3 hours a day total even though I work maybe 15 miles MAX away from home, but traffic), in the dark before I fall asleep, basically all the times I'm on my phone. One of my mom friends also swears by ebooks- but she has a baby-baby- the sort that wakes her up to feed in the middle of the night so that she reads as she nurses and gives cuddles- she does not yet have the older kind of kid that needs eagle eyes at all times. What book did you bring home that you were most eager for?

Sakai: I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling the best. I hope you're feeling much better now with both the tummy and the carb after effects? What are you thinking of doing for keto thanksgiving? Did your eggs hatch over the weekend?

Diane: How was your hike? 24 books for $6 fills me with ALL the envy! What genre were they? How were weekend eats? I feel like I did better than usual but still not great at all.

Uber: I'm going to try an beast my way into the low 90s by October. It will happen if I get my diet in order, which I'm motivated to do! Yay closet purge! I totally feel you on seeing the $$$ just going out, even worse is when the tags are still on some things but think of the joy you'll have getting in new things AND the joy you're going to be giving to someone else. We ALL know the thrifted plus size market is NOT the best, so someone is hopefully going to be very happy. I recently read the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy as well and LOVED it. The movie came out this weekend here and it's the first movie in years, I've actually wanted to see, but it was sold out everywhere. Maybe I'll try again next week or hopefully catch it on a flight when I go on vacation at the end of the year. What's your next book about? Do you know yet? Is it going to be fiction or non-fiction? What do you like to read when you're not writing? The same kind of thing you write? Or a complete departure.

Happy Labour Day guys! I hope you're all enjoying summer's last hurrah and that the weather is lovely and family time is popping wherever you are. Wishing everyone a great September.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #463  
Less is more.

The eggs hatched!
I now have 3 fluffs to add to the 4 I bought LOL. At the moment their in a separate brooder because they are so tiny compared to the 3 week old.
It was my first hatch and it was so stressful @.@ took almost 2 days and in the end, I had to help one out. It had pipped at the pointed end of the egg instead of the fat end. It was very lucky it didn't drown. After 24 hours of it struggling in the tight space, I decided to help it out. I researched all this before when I decided to hatch eggs so I was pretty confident in chipping away the shell and all was good.
I still haven't weighed myself. And I'm still struggling to get back to as low carb as I was, AND to get back to IF.

Toasted- I haven't decided yet. I'm going to look up some recipes. Turkey is safe. Perhaps some cauliflower "Mashed potatoes" and I'll look to see if there is a sugar-free cranberry sauce recipe. And then some keto safe veggies. Green beans or Brussels sprouts, maybe some squash.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:08 AM   #464  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, I hope you all had a wonderful Labour Day off. I got back the scale this morning and it wasn't great. It's not surprising for TOM reasons and I'm also kind of numb about the whole numbers thing today. I worked out and I'm trying to make balanced decisions and that's the best I can do. I didn't go to bed till like 3am yesterday and on Sunday night, it was like 2a.m. and the short nights are really catching up with me and I'm kind of dragging this morning. That's probably why I can look at my numbers with such a "meh" spirit.

Sakai: Keeping chicks seems a lot more complicated than I thought, though it does sound very rewarding. Are you trying to get back into ketosis or just following a low carb protocol? If it's ketosis, how long does it typically take you to get back there? Keto Thanksgiving seems really possible and I know there are loads of keto fat bomb-type desserts. I used to make them for my mom when she was properly keto.

Alright guys, I wish you all a fantastic Tuesday. Sprinkling all the on-plan dust on us all.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:20 AM   #465  

But the wine was good (as was the ice cream and my husband had made a hot dish oh and the birthday cheesecake). Yep WRONG DIRECTION.

But the kids go to school today. Of course all around there has been so much rain schools are canceled due to flooding and impassable roads. Usually for us it’s just snow for cancellations. It’s still raining here - currently we are ok.

I have my coffee and plan a fast this am. I can do this making a change one day at a time as it goes. I will see about a walk. I’m still all achy creaky since 4 hours of yard work yesterday. I can’t really use my hands - yeah tendinitis/carpal so my sewing is kind of on as able basis today. I’d like to at least get things cut out but I don’t know if that will happen.

I will be back for personals in a bit I have to get kids on the bus and take First day of school photos!

I’m back:

Sakai: yeah for young ones hatching - they are cute all fluffy and bobbing along! As for a cranberry salad - my mom would do one with ground cranberries and oranges and some peels. I don’t recall it having a lot of sugar and orange peels are always an acquired taste. But there are great things you can find for recipes I’m sure. I think we are all suffering w end of summer malaise to get back to dieting.

Toasted: oh girlie I think your scale and mine are conspiring against us! Yeah I just looked at mine and said to it REALLY?! Yeah not a fan. My issue this weekend I have found a white wine that is fairly fresh and oh so easy to go down (I tend to like my Riesling’s so leaving that to try something new . . .). It’s a Portuguese aleveda. And it paired well with most of my meals this weekend. Nothing spectacular about it other then it’s not super dry or the like - just easy and good. And it reflected on my scale. As did the bread products I ate. Argh.

Diane: how was that hike? And did the pole work well for you? Are you going to do that again?

Uber: will you be traveling for book research? As for back to school we have to have shorts and jeans and leggings, sweaters sweatshirts, winter coats, Polar fleece, snow pants, boots etc. so I envy your clothing budget. And of course did they choose to wear all new - heck no! Oh well - they are off and my house is a bit quiet less my news. I said I’d take today easy - and thus far I am. Still contemplating that walk. It looks like you’ve stalled too - I think the universe conspires beyond our scales!

Or the food and company has been good in our lives!

Hello all!

My mini goal this week is to IF the work week. If I can do that then I will try for the weekend. Disappointed in my fatness but need to get out of that funk. As per usual I’ll try to right the ship.

Alright all - have yourself a fabulous day! May you all meet one little mini goal today be it water or not eating until later - we can do this!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 09-04-2018 at 08:56 AM.