Old 08-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #421  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: Well, I hope the change in meds helps out for you. I'm sure that is frustrating to have to readjust. And, hopefully you can get the appointment running done and get back home!!

As for me, I went to spin yesterday, and then today I just wanted to try out the treadmill that has the road courses. I didn't feel like I gave it a good tryout last time I was on it, so I went back. I was right about the screen not changing as I think it should, but I found out that I do like the system. The screen goes back and forth between photographs and then an overhead look at the trail map. So, not particularly helpful. But, as you progress through the route, the incline will increase and decrease. I liked that. It is more like hiking and I just have to keep walking. It also will go to a negative incline, so it is like you are going downhill. I think it will be good to use while it is so hot right now. And then when it is cold in the wintertime, I can use it too.

I am doing some thinking about the lifting part of my exercise. I have always heard that to help with weight loss, it is important to keep weight lifting in your program. I've done more research on it, and it is just echoed in each article I've read. So, I'm going to work on my attitude and get back to Body Pump and my own lifting. I will just limit Body Pump to one day a week and then do my other lifting some other day. Oh, and then there is also that thing where it worked before, why am I trying to change it?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Appointments done for the week. I had to call the local Leo’s about a car I came upon. Driver was sleeping at a stop sign (passed out/health issue/your guess) and a kid in the passenger seat. I startled the younger who then woke the driver who was startled when I knocked on the window. Who knows how long they were there I asked if they were ok and they took off. I was more so concerned for their welfare then Anything else. The driver was the young side of 20. I didn’t want them to hurt someone else or themselves. What a weird happenstance.

Diet - we’ll im over 230 again. I got my IF in today so I’m hoping we start to work back down. Good gawd i didn’t need that but will work w it all. This weekend is serious yard work with planting and finishing an ongoing landscaping project. So lots of moving I think. I’ll have DH to help me. We’ll be planting, putting mulch down, digging an air ditch and setting up a compost heap. He’ll also be mowing - free compost! Let’s hope that works too - my garden would sure benefit from it.

Mom well here’s hoping this thread gets lively once again and we all have some success!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:39 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies!!

Well, it has been a long summer for me, but I'm finally back home! Sorry to have been so absent from the forum. I did check in from time to time but too busy to really write much. I've got a lot of catching up to do. Tried on the two pairs of skinny pants that I saved from back in 2010 when I lost 110 lbs and they both fit!!! I've been traveling so much that my food choices have been kind of all over the place, so I'm hoping to settle down to a better routine and eat a little healthier. I want to do a good push and see if I can lose another 20lbs by the first of the year-- I'm shooting for around 190 as a goal weight.

Hope you all are doing good. I'll check back in, find out what I missed and do some personals tomorrow.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #424  

it is what it is - kids go back to school soon enough and if I can keep up w/the IF over the weekend I HOPE to see the 220s again next week. I am doing fairly well with my choices and I hope that helps. Soda and ice cream do not!

Wishing you all well. I am off to finish working w/one of the kiddos on their 4h record book and get that ready to turn in. It's hot and humid here today so a good inside project.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 PM   #425  
Diane

----

Uber: Good to see you posting again. We've missed you! Congrats on the skinny jeans. That had to be a great feeling for you!

Lemon: You sound like you're having another busy weekend! Hope that with getting back on IF, you'll get back down below the 30's!!

As for me, no idea on weight. What you see above is what I saw when I got on the scale. So either it is broken, or needs new batteries. I didn't have time to find batteries, so I'll look at it tonight. I went to spin this morning. It was hard!! But now I'm done for the weekend! There is a 6 week challenge going on at the gym. I might join that. I think it might help with getting back on track. It starts Monday.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody!

Diane: Drove through Colorado on the way home to Cali and wondered if I was anywhere near where you live. We got stuck for a little while due to a fire that shut down I-70 both ways, but luckily it wasn't too bad. I agree with you about the weight lifting. Now that I'm home I really want to set up a weight-lifting plan at the gym.

Sakai: 50 lbs? That is just awesome!!!! Good for you! And it sounds like you have been dealing with a lot of heat, but hopefully that bike will get some use this winter! I got a cute little orange beach cruiser and was riding it around quite a bit. Made me feel like a little kid!

Toasted: GREs conquered! Good for you! Seems like you have a LOT going on in your life, but it seems like all good exciting forward-moving things.

Lemon: Hoo boy, med problems again. :-( Sorry you have to go through that. I really do hear you about the diabetes fear. I was doing ok with no problems until about two years ago when I went one point into the pre-diabetic range and that was the thing that really kicked me into finding a solution. Scary!

So, pretty good morning for me. I must have been still carrying a little water weight yesterday because the scale gave me 209 this morning! So, from Jan 2017 to now I'm down 88 lbs! So, I'm trying really hard not to get complacent, because when I get down this low, I'm lower than at any other time since my 20s except for a brief period between 2010 and 2012 when I lost a whole bunch and kept it off for a while. To me, I feel totally normal, and even sort of skinny, even though realistically, I am just barely into normal-sized clothes and still rocking an obese BMI of 31.8.

Hope you all have a great day!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:24 AM   #427  

Well it’s sunday and I’m reAdy to go to church. Once that’s done then I’m home to get the yard work landscape project underway. I don’t lose weight when I spend a day out there I think I move too slow for it to do any good.

Happy Sunday all. I’ll be back to posting personals hopefully tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:39 AM   #428  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I've been trying to check in properly since last week Wednesday/Thursday. I had a half-written post here which I've discarded now but oh well... The trip for our proposal/pitch went well. Now I have filming for my documentary I'm supposed to make for my research fellowship to do this week and tomorrow and Wednesday are public holidays here for the Muslim holiday of Eid so yay, holiday, but that's two days off filming for a documentary that is due on the 30th. Sigh. My eating has been crazy. Like I can LITERALLY hear myself gaining weight. I'm done though. I know I say that a lot but I think this time for real, for realllzzz. I feel uncomfortable, my clothes are tight, I feel unfit, and only the good Lord knows how far into twoderland, I am now. Sigh, it's okay. Or it will be, once I stay on plan today and get through another couple of on-plan days. Which I will. Because I can. Right? Yes I can.

Lemon: I'm sory your meds have been all over the place. I hope a solution is found soon. Sending you healing thoughts. I'll try to weigh in tomorrow. I'm totally still in for third wheeling into you and your husband's challenge even though week 1 wasn't the most auspicious start. We can do it.

Uber: Welcome home. Welgone home? I don't know. I'm glad you had a good vacation and returned home from the summer to find those amazing NSV jeans! Get it!!!!! Well done!!!

Diane: Yay getting your workout in! What does your gym's 6-week challenge entail?

Okay guys, I've got to go. Wishing everyone a fantastic on-plan, good scale karma, NSV-filled week!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #429  

So sweating and planting and pulling weeds for 6 hours resulted in this smidge move on my scale. I’ll take it! The project is only a 1/3 done hah! But all of the bushes are planted. I still have plants to do, finish pulling weeds throwing mulch and putting our air ditch in (I hope it doesn’t collapse I have crappy dirt!).

It’s rainy looking today so we’ll stay in and I’ll do laundry. Make sure kids have some sandwiches made for the start of school (freeze them). And start getting that list figured out - as in what my pantry needs to make daily school lunches.

I also have to ready my packing list for the trip. Since we are driving I can take a bit more then usual. But I’m still keeping it lighter as we have access to in house laundry.

I ordered some fabric for a few outfits to make for myself and I need some to make swimwear for myself and the rest before we go. Each of us have fit issues w readymade - so I’ll be getting that whipped out - they usually are about 1 hour a suit (ladies) and for the males I’m sure it’d be even less! Yeah! But they’ll all fit the way they need to. Funny how all of our shapes don’t fit “the norm”. Haha.

Toasted: well last week wasn’t great for me either but I’m working it back down too! We can do this. I know and can commiserate how you feel w extra poundage. I find painting my toenails w a belly a pain in the butt! So that’s one thing I enjoy about a smaller mid section. Hang in there!

Uber: yeah for skinnier jeans! You should feel great! Now that pesky BMI - I don’t think it was actually well thought out - it’s not different for males/females, athletes or sendentary, and really what is average? And who deemed one “perfect” size? Ok soapbox away - but as my DH would say - most nfl players are obese/morbidly obese and most are solid muscle. You see the predicament. I found a calculator that shows me what my “fat %” is - I rather like that one, it moves quicker as you loose.

Diane: how’s your challenge? I don’t know if I’d like the terrain moving treadmill. I am not a huge fan of treadmills I can never find what works w my stride well and always feel I’m too slow, too far reaching and bump my toes or stumble my steps and pitch forward. But I’m glad you found something to pique your exercise interest. No fires your way?

Hello all!

Am: so yes I landscaped but am not done. I told DH we need to plan this next weekend to hopefully finish it. Fingers crossed it works

Weight wise - the scale is going down and not up - so that’s a big help w my mood! And my waistbands again aren’t as tight feeling.

Something bit my ear so it’s swollen and hurts - right on the outside where the ear begins to curl back in - yeah that area! Ouch and an inconvenience. I even had DH make sure it wasn’t a tick. I loathe ticks.

Ok I’m off to tackle my day. Hope everyone is well and looses a few more pounds. 220s here I come AGAIN.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:06 AM   #430  

No scale

Feeling odd this morning and can’t sleep. I hate adjusting the med I’m either way tired or way awake. I’m either aware of my heart or I’m not. Good gravy I hate this. I wonder after a few decades of my body doesn’t like my medicine? Oh well. I will try to stay up late tonight and see if I can sleep until normal waking time.

It was humid but cool yesterday so I made a mushroom risotto last night and reminded myself why I dislike Parmesan of late. Or maybe it was because I used the shaker stuff. In the past I’ve used mozzarella z- but I’m out of that too. Shopping day is Thursday I’ll see about a better cheese!

I hope everyone is well. I’m going to try and get a walk in today and see how that goes. Now I’m off to research some wine - we are to bring some to a party - I tend not to like to share the ones we really enjoy (who knows - maybe it’s because everyone has an opinion that they feel they need to share and then you start feeling that way). So I’m looking for some that have a nice rating/reviews and are reasonably priced because I think and know there is good wine out there that isn’t super pricey. So if any of you have some you’d recommend - of course DH and I will try a bottle on our own before we get what we need for the party. Just in case.

Alrighty all - have a fab day! I’ve been enjoying watermelon - finally a sweet one!
Old 08-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #431  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, hows it going. Finally weighed in and it’s both as bad and not as bad as I expected. I expected 202, but 205 wouldn’t have shocked me either. Yesterday went according to plan. I ended up in the lower calorie end of my target range and even though I’ve been home all day, I’m trying to make “smart” decisions and also restart some form of a workout journey.

lemon: I’m sorry you had a rough night, sleep-wise. Hopefully, the med situation is sorted out soon so you can feel better and stronger. I know sleepless nights are THE WORST when you’re tryinf to stay on track with food and exercise. What kinds of wine are you looking to take. I feel like wine is so subjective and yet it’s one of those things that make people extra judgey. Or you could be me and not drink and make things weird for everyone at the party- nothing kills a vibe than having to explain you don’t drink when people keep offering you a proper glass of wine. But back before my digestion became finicky, I liked a Riesling if I had to drink wine (never been the biggest fan of alcohol in general) - because it’s sweetish, not very alcoholy in taste, and pretty easy to drink but it was also generally looked down on by everyone who cares about wine. That didn’t stop me from taking a bottle if I was going to gift wine though. At least I’d have something to toast with myself. I’d drink it with meat even if you’re not supposed to- but I’m not super fancy. I think picking something that has good reviews and you’re willing to drink is a good idea.

okay guys. I also have tomorrow off for Eid. Unfortunately it’s the last Eid of the year- I think we get one more Muslim holiday off in October or November and then that’s it till Christmas. #tears I’m going to try really hard to stay on track the rest of today. Wishing you guys a wonderful Tuesday.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:46 PM   #432  
Diane

Uber: If that fire was the one I think it was (near Palisade), you were very near where I live. I live about 13 miles from the Utah border, so I'm sure you drove near me as you exited Colorado. If you remember seeing an exit for "Loma", that's where you would turn off to see me. Sounds like you are doing well with your losses! So proud of you!

Lemon: Sorry you are having some med issues! Hopefully you can get it dialed in and not have to deal with it too much. I was gone over the weekend, and came back to lots of weed issues. I don't know how they multiply so quickly when I'm not looking. So, I'll be pulling weeds and canning tomatoes this weekend.

Toasted: Well, now you have your starting point and you can work down to those lower numbers again. Hope you enjoy your day off!!

As for me, I had a really good weekend, lots of fun. But, also lots of food, so I'm back up again. However, I joined the challenge at my gym. I'm not really sure how they determine the winner, but it is a combination of body fat percentage change and weight loss. I don't really know if I would have a chance of winning, but I'm doing it more as a way kick up my efforts. They do have weekly drawings and hey... I'll get a t-shirt! So I went in yesterday to have the weight recorded, measure body fat percentage, and to take photos. At the end, we'll do it again and see how it went. I plan to get back to body pump and I think that the temperatures are supposed to be going down soon, so I'll be hiking again. The main thing I have to do is make sure I am staying under my calorie goal. I have drifted way too much with that, and I have to get it back under control. Weekends need to change for me, too. I think I am done with all of the "fun" events I had scheduled, so time to buckle down. Besides, it is a 6 week challenge, and that makes it end just before hunting season. I would like to be in better shape, and have some weight off for when we go hunting!!

I was a little shocked at the body fat percentage. UGH!! I didn't know what to expect on that, but it was definitely higher than I would have expected. Anyway, I hope to see that move down quite a bit! I do have a weight goal in mind, but my main goal is to keep under my calorie goal, and to work out 6 days a week. Just getting back to what was working before for me. So, hopefully you'll see my numbers change in a nice downward trend. I did go to Body Pump this morning and I think I'll probably be incapable of walking tomorrow..... But, it is a start.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #433  

argh - well risotto and mac and cheese will do that to you - but so will running out meat to cook in a timely manner for dinner before payday (plus one can only eat so much round steak!). So I am using up pantry staples to make my meals. Tomorrow is grocery day - hopefully this time the items I want are in stock - last time they were missing quite a few of my standbys or I forgot to put them on my list. I love when one becomes forgetful on dumb items.

diane: yeah for partaking in a challenge. I'd be interested to know which of these calculators matches what your gym told you and frankly - do you see a difference? I did - the USNavy type one had me at 46.8% body fat and the other had me at 27.7% - so frankly which one is right? And what do you follow? Or did they come at you with the fat calipers?

Uses US Navy method

Uses women's measurements

I 'd be interested to know if any of you had the same swings of discrepancies that I did between the two of these calculators as I have been using the second one on this journey. I know I am fat - but half of my weight is fat? really?

toasted: oh honey - those pounds will drop off - even if you are confined to the house and walking your hallway! Have faith in that. Sorry for the time off interruptions to your production schedule. You'll get it done. Are you able to do work from home during these holidays even if you are of other faiths? Just curious - different parts of the world and all - you know here - we all go about our business no matter what the day is - some celebrate, some are faithful, some treat any of these days as every other day of the year depending on what religious calendar is in front of us.

uber: So have you met the 190s yet? I am hitting a department store closing sale today (aren't they all?!) it's on the dregs of the sale, but my ILS invited me to go with to see what I could find if anything.I really don't want to buy for my 30s (again) but maybe hopeful I can find a few things to grow into? I know that always has backfired for me in the past - but maybe not this time?

hello all!

AM: so I am doing ok. I haven't walked the last few days - I have been running around here w/the exception of yesterday - I had the worst headache ever in the evening -my kids spent the day fighting and yelling and I know I spent it yelling at them. I had one that wanted to cling and then be a spitfire right after. It was a day that you'd like to send the kids to someone else! Heck it took me two hours to order something that it would have otherwise taken me about 15 mins to do. Who knows about that!

I have my tote going of the things needed for the tip that I have been throwing items into. That's going well. I have my list of some more items to pick up this week. And of course my grocery list. I will be busy w/that. Then this weekend we hope to get the rest of the yard project complete - but that's a ton of work for my hands and we all know how that can go. BUT just maybe well get that done and done nicely!

Happy day to you all. May pounds just fall of you!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-22-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #434  
Diane

Lemon: Sounds like a hectic day for you. Hopefully it wasn't too stressful with the kids. They have those days and then you have those days, it just isn't fair!! Anyway, sounds like you are getting stuff ready to go. That's good! My body fat was at 46%, so I was a little blown away. I'm like you, I have difficulty picturing that I'm half fat. I know I need to lose weight, but I also work out. Shouldn't there be some muscle there too???? Anyway, it was a device that you hold in your hands out in front of you. She had input my weight, height, etc, but then you held the device and it gave you a reading. Not sure how that works.

As for me, I went down a pound on the scale. I hope to see a nice loss for the week. I need to see some progress, so I need to stay diligent. Yesterday went well, so day one is good. Today I went to spin. It was a tough class. We finally got some rain last night, which is great, but it also made it very humid in that room, so it was a sweat fest. I'm feeling really sore from Body Pump yesterday, so I need to go back tomorrow to hopefully work some of this stuff out. I can't raise my arms! ha! I had wanted to go hiking last night, but it rained, so I was going to go to the gym after work. Well, it was pouring rain, so I just wanted to go home. Just fantastic having the rain. It has been a long time.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #435  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I'm back!
The vacation went well enough. It was a nice break from work and diet. I never realized how much i missed rice. I had a few sweets mostly my birthday cake and ice cream, and discovered that I had no taste for it. Like it was nice, but not amazing. Before I would have had the whole pint in one sitting, but this time it took me 4 servings. Same with the cake. It was a regular box cake that my man and I would have polished off in 2 or 3 days but instead took us all week. We apparently lost our sweet tooth. All he wanted was pizza...all I wanted was rice.
Anyways, all that is over now. We had one last pizza for dinner last night and it's back to keto this morning.
I forgot to weigh myself before breakfast so I'll do it tomorrow.
I'm super terrified!
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote