Old 08-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #406  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Lemon- my BC is an implant, so I can't switch it out LOL. But it's not that bad, it just causes my TOM to be all over the place. Sometimes it'll be months before I see it. Toward the end, I was getting it every 2 and half weeks. Which was why I was so desperate to get it replaced ^.^
Good for you, going on walks to calm that urge to break the fast. I need to do this, but man it's just too hot right now. When I get home from work is my worst time. I'm so used to making dinner/breakfast for me and my man. It's just a habit now. So I drink my tea^.^ I have a huge tea mug (About 3 cups) and it's hard to feel hunger or the urge to snack with a belly full of hot tea.

Slashnl- Don't you love it when the weight comes off at the times when you're sure you should gain, or at least hold steady? Always a nice surprise.

I need to get walking or some form of exercise. I'm too lazy LOL and it's so hot outside. I come home from work and it's all I can do to do the daily chores. Sometimes I don't even do that and save it for another day.
I have noticed that I must be sleeping better. The past 2 weeks I've been waking up on my own. Normally my man or my alarm have to drag me out of bed for work. But take today. I woke up and felt ready to get out of bed an hour and a half earlier than I usually do. Perhaps with this extra awake time, I'll be able to get some chores done or even slip in a workout while I feel refreshed and awake.
I heard that better sleep is a side effect of this diet but didn't think that would do anything to me because I looooove sleep. But I guess it's true! Least for me.
The scale tipped down this morning. I'm hanging on to the 50's by threads now. I was hoping to be into the 40's by my birthday (In 8 days) only because I do plan on having cake, drinks and all the high carby stuff I haven't touched in months. It's going to stall me as I re-lose all the water that comes with carbs so I know I'll see the 50's once again. A part of me says I should keep it light this year. Another part of me is like "Heck no! We're not going to have any carbs again until Thanksgiving."
I know I'll enjoy it and then regret it.^.^
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #407  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Sakai: I'm with the voice that says "Heck no!" You need to celebrate your birthday without too much regret. It's just a day (or weekend), and then you can get back to doing it right. Congrats on being so close to the 240's!!! That's great. I'm trying to catch up to you! I was there, and then ... But, we'll get there and start looking toward the 230's.

As for me, I did have a drop again today. So weird. I haven't been perfect with food plan, but I think just enough of a restriction has helped me bring it down some. I had plans of really hitting it hard this week to get back on track. Just enough of a lingering cough that I scaled that back. I hope to go back to all out next week. I didn't get up on time today to go to the gym, but I think I'll go after work. And then tomorrow, I'll go to spin.

I'll tell you, I am really wishing that the temps would go down a little. We're still hovering just under 100. It is just too hot to go hiking after work, and I'm really missing that. I think it helped a lot with keeping me on course. Someday!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #408  
Less is more.

Slashnl - Oh man, same. I bought a cute powder blue cruiser bike, used it a total of three times and then late spring came with its 100+ temps. It's still low 100's here with the addition of monsoon humidity. = no outdoor activity for me! I can't wait for it to start cooling off. Come on October! I have a treadmill in my living room, I need to start using it. Perhaps then this slow crawl to the 40's would go a little faster.
Lingering coughs are the worst. You think it's gone and then you start exercising and right when you hit the groove a hacking cough appears. sucks. But yeah! I just noticed yesterday that we're around the same weight. That's neat! we can experience our new weights together. ^.^

Speaking off. I weighed in at 250.0
I feel like my scale is trolling me. 0.1 pound at a time. I just wanna see that 4!
Old 08-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #409  
Diane

Sakai: Yeah, I'm sure our climates are similar, so we'll have to wait through the high heat. I don't have much for humidity here usually, but just too hot! I was telling my husband that even making it to the gym is tough in this heat. Last night, while at work, I was ready to go to the gym and maybe do some treadmill work. I have to walk about 1 1/2 city blocks to where we park, and by the time I got to my car, I just wanted to go home. It may be an excuse, but jeez... it sucks the life out of me. I love summer, but this excessive heat is killing me.

As for me, I went up a little bit on the scale. Not too surprised. Not another stellar day of eating. I need to be better next week for sure, and just survive the weekend without blowing it!!
Old 08-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Haven't posted because for some odd reason I don't recall my password on my phone - and I have it saved on my desktop. Alas - I will have to check once I get this posted.

I have a wake to attend tonight - it's hotter than hades out and humid - so I am going to forego nylons (yes, I still wear them where appropriate) and put on the spanx (good god) and go!

I bought a pair of 2nd hand mens jeans today to make some jean shorts for my beach trip. All of the womens I found at good will are super tight through the thigh and I don't want that for a cut off jean look. I have peered at the backside of my thighs and I am not making daisy dukes - more mom appropriate ones - but I found a pair of levis for $3 in barely worn shape so I will get that done this weekend into next.

I am glad the weight is moving slowly off - it'd be lovely if it all just fell off - I wouldn't miss it!

Happy birthday sakai! Stay cool and enjoy your festivities!

Diane: Feel better and get rid of the cough - do you have allergies? We have high molds right now - ick - my eyes itch thinking about it.

Happy weekend all! MAY I KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:16 AM   #411  
Less is more.

Lemon- Ah the beach. I've only been there once a few years ago. It was lovely. One of the best days of my life. I forever pine away for the beach now. I'm so glad you get to go.
I'm going to go listen to beach waves now. ^.^ And thank you for the birthday wishes.

I think I had a "woosh" moment. The scale dropped 2 pounds from the last time I weighed myself. Super excited about it, not going to complain ^.^ I'm just so glad to see that 4. It's been a few years from the last time I was this weight. My bras are no longer fitting, which is an issue I had forgot about. Time to dig out the bras I grew out of that I tucked away 4 years ago.
Real talk time.
The last time I lost weight this quickly was after I had my baby. I lost 56 pounds in a year. I chalked it all up to water weight and all that extra stuff (like the extra blood in our bloodstreams) but now, this is just me and just fat coming off. It's so strange and I don't really see it in myself yet. At this rate, I'm going to lose more than that by March which would put me at a weight I've never been before. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've wanted to be a regular weight all my life and yet I know nothing about this new weight to come. I know I still have 26 more pounds to lose before I get to this new never-been-before weight.
It's scary.
But I Reeeeealy don't want to be one of those that self-sabotage over being scared of what it means to be a smaller weight.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #412  

Sakai: 50 lbs off?! Way to go! Happy birthday alright it looks like for you. Hey just keep up the work and don’t focus too much on the unknown for you. Have fun shopping (even second hand!) as you discover new sizes. What a fun accomplishment.

Diane: how are you feeling? I keep seeing that we have started w poor air quality alerts from the fires out west. I know my eyes itch something awful. So hopefully the feeling poorly has left.

Hello all!

am: still visiting w family today so no scale and not the best weight loss eating. I did get a 3 mile walk in yesterday sightseeing w the kids. So hey amongst the not so good there is good. I’m not perfect. This week I’m going to get my walks at home in and I won’t be the perfect weight going to the clinic tomorrrow but it’s still less then years past.

I hope you all have a good start to your week!
Old 08-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #413  
Diane

Lemon: Glad you are enjoying your time with family. Good idea with the men's jeans. Very smart!! Oh, and I'm doing well now. I just cough every once in a while, so it is almost gone. I don't really have problems with allergies. I do think that all of the smoke in the air has not helped, so I don't think I'll be doing any hiking for a while. It is still hot, so I don't need to hike right now anyway.

Sakai: Nice loss!!! Way to go! It really does give you a boost when it is like that, having a whoosh. But you've earned it too! Excited for you to be doing so well. One thing about getting to those new weights, you know it is going to be so much better than having the extra weight. It is exciting to think about it!

As for me, I did take a little step backward over the weekend. I am still down from last Monday, but not as far as I was on Friday. Had a fun weekend, and overindulged. So I still need to work on that. Summer weekends make me stupid! But, I went to spin this morning and I'm logging all my food. I think I can have a good week, even though next weekend could be sketchy. I'm visiting some friends I haven't seen for a while. It will be fun, but I am going to try to stay a little more mindful too. I am going to try to get to the gym in the morning. I'm not sure what I'll do, but I need to try to get there. I liked having Tuesdays as a rest day, so when I get back from this next weekend, I should be able to get back on my old schedule, since there aren't any more big plans coming up.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #414  
Less is more.

Lemon - Slashnl- Thanks guys. It escaped me that this marks 50 pounds lost since January and 40 pounds lost since I started Keto in March. I'm very happy with myself and being able to share it here with people who are happy for me as well.

Tonight is my last night of work and then vacation. I'll be spending it cleaning house, reading, doing crafts, looking after my second batch of eggs in the incubator and of course, my birthday party!
We had to move it up a day because my Man's sleep study got pushed back to the day of my birthday and of course I don't want him jacked up on the first sugar he's had since april and I don't want him drinking right before either. So we moved the party up a day so he can join in on the fun ^.^
I may or may not be posting the rest of this week. You know me and my memory when I'm off schedule.
I expect a big gain to work back through when I return, and I'm okay with that. I'll see you guys in a week!

Last edited by Sakai; 08-13-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:55 AM   #415  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys. I disappeared because everything has been crazy between GRE studying (the test was last Friday), stuff for my research fellowship, all sorts of developments and proposals popping up day to day at work... It's just been a very stressful time and let's just say I've certainly been bingeing and eating my feelings. Suffice to say, I'm officially now in Twoderland for the first time since early 2011. It is what it is. I've been telling my family I've been gaining weight for months but they didn't believe me- now people are noticing and commenting (because that's what people do here, even though my parents are much better than most). Last month's work out challenge went well overall. I did all but the last 2 days of workouts because I travelled for work at short notice and everything got crazy and I've been exhausted and just not been very able to get my act together. Yesterday was supposed to be the restart of getting my eating back on track and it was a fail. I didn't binge or over eat anything bad- I just ate too much proper food. I'm a stress eater (I'm a non-stress eater too, but stress makes everything worse) and the last month or so has been quite stressful and a little overwhelming workload-wise and a to a certain extent, family conflict-wise, so it hasn't been the best. Anyway, yesterday was a fail but today is a new day, I have hope. I've missed you guys but I'm going to try to do better with checking in. This week is kinda busy because we have another pitch and I'm travelling (AGAIN) but it is what it is- I'm trying not to stress and worry too much about things and to have faith. Please pray for me, y'all.

Lemonthyme: Heyyy!!! Can I join you and your husband's challenge? Well whatever you say, I consider myself the unofficial third wheel. I don't know about my capacity to lose 2lbs a week but I'm definitely here for giving it my best shot and will be happy with 1.5. I've been afraid to step on the scale since I saw my first 2XX number but I'm sure it's even worse now because my eating has been downhill since then. When do you go on vacation, when does "our" challenge end? I'll weigh in tomorrow and check in with my starting weight. Are you back to IF? How's that going? Are you kids back in school? That'd probably make it a little easier if they are, right? I'm praying your doctor's check up goes well!

Diane: I'm so tardy for the party but I remember last time I posted, you went on a mini vacation visit. How was that? I haven't read that far back but I do see that you're still trying to rock out the workouts even in spite of the heat and that the scales are cooperating mostly WELL DONE!!! Never mind the weekend blip, weekends are ABSOLUTE plan killers!

Sakai: I'm on Team Heck No, eat the cake and enjoy your birthday!!! Also yay whooshing into the 240s!!!!

Megwini: Welcome! Hello!

Okay guys, got to get back to work. Wishing everyone an on-plan day.

toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #416  

I’m awake - I got up at 445. So I’m sitting here on the couch having my coffee and starting the day with IF. the weekend of course was bad because my mom has cookies always and I have always had the mindless activity of eating them as I pass by. Argh! And ice cream. Well- today will find me being mindful.

Since i I have my endo appointment tomorrow I’ll ask my doctor. Since I readjusted my med, the weight went up. I hate working w my med - there is a lot of needle threading if you will. I walk a very thin line of keeping it a low normal vs 1 number higher where all hades breaks loose I gain weight, my cycles get off track (is it meno or my meds?). Maybe there is something I need in conjunction with this. I know some people have to do additional meds to help counteract the issues that arise - I believe w additional T3. I don’t know if it’s just a time, or onset of the change or what. I’ll be asking though. I’d rather just feel good and to get the weight off and have it stay off.

My kids go back to school after Labor Day - so I’m treading right now w foodstuffs in the House. And their asking for cookies or sweets for snacking. And ice cream. Did I say that before?!

well today I’m back to IF and hope I can keep this up this week.

Hello all!

toasted: go you on the GRE! Hopefully all goes as you had hoped and puts you right on the doorstep to more academia. The trip is middle of September so you can join Dh and I - I don’t think he’s paying attention closely as I’m trying less the weekend. I didn’t do too badly last week. I lost 3 of which I have lost many a time (darn 30s!). So onward and downward is what I’m trying! I do hope the 220s come back for me. As for your gain - it’s life my dear! Sure we should watch what we take in, but at the same time we celebrate and live with foods. Having a good meal or a visit w those we enjoy and eat right along with it. The stresses of job or day to day - most eat to accommodate such. And it doesn’t help to always have those buff people images always in the forefront of our minds if we read the news or look online or social media. What I’m saying is you acknowledged the scale and now you are going to work on it. Sometimes it’s harder then easier but you are doing something about it

sakai: I hope your week goes well! Yeah - you don’t want to have your man do a one off celebration to give him a separate and odd sleep study that isn’t his norm. It will be fine. Is this one the one at home or the one on site? Sadly weight goes w apnea. Good luck to him! Enjoy your week and have fun!

diane: glad the cough is settling. Who needs that?! Did you get to body pump?

hello all! Wishing everyone a good week ahead!

good gravy I hopped on the scale and it went up - we’ll ill see what I can do today and try to re-right the ship.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-14-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #417  
Diane

Sakai: Have a great vacation!! I hope your eggs do better this time. If you can check in, great, but if not, we'll see you when you get back. I hope you have a fun birthday, too!

Toasted: Wow, have you been busy!!! Good for you with the GRE. As for the weight, well it happens and you'll get it back off, I'm sure. The little mini vacation for me was good, I had a great time!

Lemon: Sorry the scale went up. It happens so easily when we're away from our home and routine. You'll get it back off, too! Just a little while longer and the kids will be in school and you can get your focus back!!! Hope your challenge goes well!!!

As for me, some of the weekend scale increase came off. I didn't go to Body Pump this morning, but I am planning to go to the gym after work for just some higher incline treadmill work. I can't hike, but I thought that maybe doing a higher incline might help keep those hiking muscles going. It is so smoky here, I can't imagine trying to hike. Oh, and the heat lingers.... I'm still not sure if I want to do Body Pump at all right now. I have to think about it some more. I know that lifting is important, so I need to think about it...

I will be going out of town this weekend, and I won't be back until Monday afternoon, so official weigh in might be delayed. One can only hope that I can keep it somewhat under control, and not lose all focus. I don't think that this will be that much of a food fest, so I hope to not lose all progress.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:25 AM   #418  

Not doing well at all! Scale is up my outlook wobbles like a spinning top coming to a stop. All over the place. I’m wearing pants that were loose in the belly at start to summer and now snug again. Ugh. I’m going to ask my doctor why I’m having issues besides the obvious of eating. Maybe I’m missing a key component in keeping my body in line.

So I’m off to the clinic here in a bit and will spend today at another clinic. Blck.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #419  
Diane

Lemon: Hope it all works out ok.

Quick post for me, kinda busy at work. Have a good day all!
Old 08-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #420  

Well we are adjusting my med again. I complained I’m still not feeling better ie hypo type symptoms so we are increasing this dosage. I’m not at all pleased w the weight regain and she’s afraid I’ll fall diabetic. I said I’d just like a body to work the right way. Sadly it’s not right now. As it is I’m lying down for a nap. I don’t take naps. However the last few days I’m most interested in such.

One more day of appointment running then I can get back to normal (I hope!).