Old 07-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Morning!

Good for you uber! Keep it on up!

And me - ugh and dragging. I’ve been cleaning today and taking a break as I can’t push my hands too much if I’d like to use them later in the day or even tomorrow. Ugh - I loathe aging! Who would have thought

Wishing you all well, I’ve been too busy to micromanage my diet and haven’t been on a scale for about a week. Bad I know but I’m just running hard with all that summer is with my kids activities and fitting in celebrations and meds that are ok but not great. So I’ll just flirt and float for a while. I know I know - but I’ll get back to it soon enough. More later ladies! Keep up the fight in whatever way your looking I will say I’m coasting and hope it doesn’t turn it too awful when I really truly restart and keep it going. This am my DH made us pancakes upon wake up. No reason other then he thought it’d be a nice treat. That said - I’ll keep posting but just know my weight is just there. I’m living my summer!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #362  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Uber: Nice to hear from you! Sounds like things are busy in your world. That's nice that you have the ability to wear a medium! So awesome to have clothes NSVs when the scale is not being great. I'm sure you'll start losing again soon. In the meantime, continue to enjoy the extra freedom of being able to do so much!

Lemon: Summer will be over before we know it, so I'm glad you are enjoying your time. It goes by so fast! You probably have fair coming up soon, so that will be a lot to do, too.

As for me, I had a .6 pound loss for the week, which isn't much, but I wasn't putting for full effort, so it is ok. We went out of town fishing this weekend, and I saw a picture of myself. I wasn't thrilled. It wasn't horrible, but I'm not where I need to be. I need to buckle down again. I know, I said that last week, but hey, step by step I'll get back to full effort. I went to Spin this morning and it was tough. It was kind of hot in the room, so that didn't help either. I had a low calorie breakfast, and I'll need to be careful at lunch. My refrigerator decided to stop working, so I had to get rid of a lot of stuff. I need to go to the store and replace some of it again. It wasn't an awful lot, but I just didn't want to trust any of it. It stopped working while we were gone, so not sure how long it had been.

It is supposed to be really hot this week, so I'll just have to push myself to go to the gym after work tomorrow rather than trying to hike. Day by day....
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 AM   #363  

Diane: .6 is not a bad thing! Keep up the work as you lie low w the heat. We finally opened the house back up and turned off he air as it’s to be in the high 70s but soiled than the 105 heat indices we just have had. I know I don’t want to do much when it’s hot so kudos to you for getting out and moving!

Toasted: how are you doing w your challenge? I find even my own challenges fall off the face of the earth as it’s summer and I have loads of other things to do before we get stuck in the house w snow and cold. How is your rainy season going?

Uber: summering in the cottage sounds fun! Is your son with you? Yeah for fitting in smaller sizes that’s a fantastic feeling! Don’t worry about the scale stall. It will move again for you with some time and then you’ll be off and flying again down the scale.

Hello all!

Am: I’m here and looked at my scale and walked out of the bathroom. Today I’m going by how my shorts feel and it’s ok. I’ve got kids to summer school, swim lessons, readying for fair in the next few weeks, picking blueberries, PT for the kid, cleaning in small spurts while they are gone etc. so the scale is not my priority at the moment.

I’m alive, life is going alright for the moment the weight is what it is and I’ll keep cheering you all. Happy day people!
Old 07-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #364  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, the past couple of days have been really busy for me working on a proposal that was due today. It feels like ALL I do these days is write proposals. Anyway, I signed up to do the GREs next month because I'm thinking of going back and doing more grad school. I took a cursory glance at a practice test and I'm like I don't remember any of that stuff. I did the test 11 years ago when I was still smart not now that all my brain cells are spent adulting and doing the actual mundane work the "man" expects from you not you know trigonometry because I'm not planning to be a bleeping architect but oh well... Sighh... I also don't know the vocabulary because NO ONE uses those words and it doesn't matter in public health whether you know obscure English or not. Anyway in between sitting in one position and developping a crick in my neck over the last few hours hammering out a proposal and feeling all the feelings of "what have I done" vis-a-vis the GRE test, I'm finally here checking in. My eating has neither been fantabulous or horrific (well Sunday was horrific but let's gloss over that, I was periodical which made it worse). I skipped this morning's workout because I spent most of the night trying to do an Amazon haul because Prime Day and they're so clever because most of the things I ended up hauling weren't actually ON the Prime Day sale but since I was there anyway.... #LeSigh

Lemon: I hope you had a good weekend. Your cleaning schedule sounds like QUITE the workout and it seems like you're getting in regular exercise with swimming now. One thing at a time. Sometimes it's hard to sync the eating and the exercising. I usually seem to be better with one than the other at any given time. The challenge is going okay. I sort of skipped today's workout so if I finish this check in quickly and traffic isn't too bad, I'll do it when I get home otherwise, I'll make it up on Thursday's planned rest day. Alive is always winning!!!!

Diane: That heat really saps the energy. I totally get what you're saying. Especially after an already long day at work! Sorry about the pics- those have a way of somewhat unfairly slamming you in the face. I was watching a YouTube video the other day about why most people think they look better in the mirror than in pictures and which is a more realistic reflection of how you actually look (hint: it was actually mirror but that's because it's more reflective of how one is constantly in motion and adjusting as opposed to caught trapped in an unfortunate moment)- not to say that pics don't have their place as a tracking tool but it is what it is. Yay the fishing! How was that? Did you catch anything?

Uber: All the NSVs!!! They are all beyond fantastic!!!! I'm glad you're having a rocking summer. And there's nothing wrong with holding up for a bit whilst on vacation and taking it easy before making the push to goal. Enjoy and make ALL the most gorgeous memories!!!

Okay guys gotta go. Let's see if I can get home early enough for a pre-dinner workout.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #365  
Diane

Lemon: Sometimes the scale needs to be left alone. That's what I did today, too. It looked like it was in need of some alone time, so I let it be. Blueberry picking sounds like a great thing!! Hope you have fun today!

Toasted: That is the worst. Looking back at things you learned and realizing how much you have lost over the years. I know how that is. I don't know how people can go back to school after a certain length of time. I know that there are those that can, and do very well, but I am not one of them. Scares me!!

As for me, I had a terrible night for sleeping. I had this pain in my toe that for some reason was keeping me awake. What the heck?? It is still sore today and the only thing I think it was from is that I was in the gym and I dropped my deodorant on my toe. It landed perfectly to where it hit on an edge right at the bottom of my toenail. I think it must be bruised. But it seemed like it was almost throbbing. Anyway, I decided not to go to the gym. It still kind of hurts, but I think I'll try going to the gym after work. Maybe....
Old 07-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #366  

Diane: toe injuries are the worst! Check to see if you have a fine cut right under the nail bed. I had done that with something I dropped before and it was minute but it hurt like heck because it was right in that area and socks and shoes rubbed it wrong as the day went on. I also swear that as you age those toes become more sensitive.

Toasted: so a masters in public health? Would you come stateside again, do this online or schooling locally for you? I think standardize testing is a pain. You should inquire if the schools you are looking at will take life/work experience instead of a gre as some do (DH was looking at grad school), not a lot but it’s worth checking with an admissions counselor. And your challenge - at least you are moving!

Uber: what’s been the best outfit or piece of clothing you found second hand? Hey you might as well find a nice piece! I’ve got bags of stuff to drop off at a local shop today. I’ve got shoes (said toe issues I can’t wear tall heels anymore), lots of my large sizes, the bras that drive me nuts and were wrong sized barely worn, jeans that were my fat ones. Maybe they’ll help another lady in the journey. It’s nice to get rid of and I’ll just have to keep working either status quo or move some more off.

Hello all!

AM: I went to the pool last night and by the time I got out I was tired and sore. Very weird I went to bed as soon as the kid finished the 4h project. I’m still sore this morning! Who knows why. It’s funny how you can do the same things day after day with no issue and then one day - blamo!

I did a lot of running yesterday all over the place. Today will be a bit slower - no I didn’t get the weeding done (sleep was much nicer!), maybe I’ll clean the youngests room. I do need to put the new school supplies I bought away. I still have the writing utensils to do - yesterday was the paper and crayola haul. Yeah for shopko! 50c crayons and .19 notebooks. Got to love it. Helps stretch the budget. Of course maybe I’ll just sit here and do nothing. I’m still thinking about that as I have a coffee.

Wishing you all well! Maybe this week I’ll hop on the scale. I haven’t yet in a while. Instead I’ll eat as best I can and move when I can and grab the weight reigns once school begins. Am I putting it all off? Probably!

Have a good day!
Old 07-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #367  
Diane

Lemon: Ah, school shopping. That used to drive me crazy. Especially when there were so many things that they never used. Is your fair going to start soon? Glad the project is ready.

As for me, I didn't go to the gym last night. Oh well. I did get up to go to spin this morning. And then I need to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow. Some people I know at the gym said that they would see me there tomorrow morning. That means pump class. I guess I'll probably do that for now. I'm doing ok with food, but could be better.

Other than that, not much going on.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:23 AM   #368  

Diane: how did spin go his morning?

Am: I’m siting here w my coffee. I had thought DH did dishes last night but came down the stairs and here they all sat in the sink. Ugh. So I washed those and then folded the last load of laundry and now grabbed my coffee to face the day. It’s going to be a day on the sprint again. I need a motor on my butt.

I’m thinking I’m going to need to get walking again. I’m finding things hurt again (maybe it’s the additional weight) or maybe it’s lack of magnesium. Who knows, but I need to get some small changes in place. And with small ones you can grow them and make them big ones.

Can I just say I’m so not having salads this summer. I don’t know if I’m tired and over them or what?! Maybe it was the romaine issue from spring whatever it is I’m not eating them. In fact totally turned off from them.

Here’s a non diet question - how often do any of you change up your living space decor? I’m tired of mine - it’s about 4 years old - I’m not talking throw everything out, but mixing up pieces to create a bit of a new look. Bring in some newer and change it up. I don’t know if my need is normal or kind of strange. I have no clue what I want to do but for some odd reason light and bright colors are appealing to me right st the moment. In a craftsman with darker woodwork it’s a crazy fit but I make it work!

Anywho - happy day all! I’m off to go slay the clouds and whatever else the day says it will bring to me.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #369  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I'm back!
Goodness it seems that any distraction and I forget to post. @.@ the 4th went well. Family came to visit. It was a short visit, but very nice. I started writing again after a few month hiatus while I put my brain power to this diet. My Man built a small table with shelves for me. I've painted it and will be using it as a "Brew station" for our coffee (him) and tea (Me) That way we can clear some counter and cupboard space. It's not done yet. The artist in me wants to decorate it before we cover it up with our brewing things.

Diet wise, I slacked this month. We had a few cheat days that turned into a bit of a cheat week during my vacation from work. only 4 pounds down this month. I'm hoping to do better next month. Not sure though as it is my birthday and I am on vacation again. But that's 4 weeks away. I have this whole month to really dig in.

Lemon- I change my living room up about ever 4 years or so. But our bedroom has been the same for the past 8ish years. Maybe a rearrangement will help. I'll be pulling stuff out anyway for when I paint it (not any time soon) so maybe I'll do it then. I remember always loving when my Nana would move the furniture around. She did it every 2 ish years or so. Always made the house feel new and big.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #370  
Diane

Lemon: I don't change my stuff around very often, but I have a fairly small house and it fits only one way. I would like to get some new furniture for the living room because I feel like what I have is just too big for the room. But not anytime soon. I can't move much in my bedroom because it has somewhat slanted floors (it is an old house), and if I don't have it the same way, then our heads are lower than our feet. ha!

Sakai: Four pounds is great!! It would be hard to keep up with really large losses each month, so one pound a week is a great rate of loss. Glad to see you posting!

Not much for me today. I am kind of busy at work. And kind of not really into weight loss today. I'll work on my attitude....
Old 07-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #371  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Slashnl-Thank you! Yes, I'm happy that I actually lost any weight this month. It was pretty rough during the 4th, the scale keptd going back up and up. But I was able to bounce right back after getting back to my diet. I'm super happy for these 4 pounds. I just got used to the larger numbers from before. But I know those numbers are not sustainable.

I know I posted already today. But I weighed myself and discovered that I reached one of my goals! 255. It kinda snuck up on me, I'd forgotten I had set 255 as a goal. Woot!
Also I forgot to mention that I set some of my chickens eggs in a incubatorfor the first time. Today was candle day and we could see life inside 5 out of 6 eggs. Super exciting! 8 days down, 13 more days to go!
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #372  

Sakai: one of my kids is interested in raising chickens. How does it go? Is it a lot of work? How often do you clean their coops? Yeah for hitting your goal! Woot! Fun how all of a sudden you look at the scale and you have a nice new number! Keep it up!

Diane: how’s the attitude and toe today? I hope both are looking good for you.

Toasted: how was your amazon haul? It kept crashing here For the first hour and I notice yesterday their prices have gone way “up” in readiness for back to school - tennis shoes that were 15-20 a month ago are now 35 - tell me why? Time to make a buck I guess!

Hello all!

Am: the day has begun and I haven’t even bothered w the scale this week. I’ve been eating not so good and I’ve been running in readying for the fair, summerschool and swim. Not to mention band and family needs. I’ve been busy! But I think once the kids go back full time I can go back to focusing on me. I hope my weight damage isn’t too bad. My goals in my head haven’t been reached by far - remember I had hoped to be 200 by now? Yeah - that didn’t happen! Hah - for me life gets in the way and I get tired of dieting and just caught up on the sprint of summer.

Wishing you all well and a happy weekend!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 07-20-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #373  
Diane

Sakai: How fun! Baby chicks! We used an incubator a couple of times and it is fun. Kids learn a lot with that. Lately though, if we want to hatch any, we usually let some of our hens set. Usually there is one that is better than the others. We'll put turkey and duck eggs underneath her too. The turkeys are not smart and tend to crush their eggs, so we grab them if we want to hatch some. One time we had a duck that was sitting on a lot of eggs. This particular breed is sensitive and normally they don't hatch all of their eggs. Well, she did this time. We had about 15 baby ducks. So cute seeing all of the yellow fluff as they were hatched. Good times!

Lemon: Yeah, it happens to all of us, having life get in the way of weight loss. I am there too. I had pretty big goals for the end of the year, and it will be challenging now to meet those. I've decided to coast a little for the next couple of weeks since I have stuff going on. I still want to get to the gym as much as possible and not go all out with food, but I may not be quite as consistent as I'd like.

For me, as I mentioned above, just going to coast a little. My husband's sister is coming to visit this weekend, and then next Thursday, I'm travelling to see my sister and parents for a few days. When I get back, I'll try to buckle down more. And hopefully the heat will dissipate a little! These 100+ degree days are brutal.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hey Everybody

Sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual.

Diane: Ouch. I hope your toe is feeling better. I hate toe pain! Hot weather is the absolute worst! Hope you get some cooler weather soon! With guests coming and a trip coming up seems like a good idea to coast a bit.

Lemon: Oh no! You're talking back-to-school? I'm sooooo not ready for that in the middle of July! When do your kids go back to school? Mine goes back August 22 and I'm pissed because it seems soooo early to me, but I hear of kids going back in July! When I was a kid in California school always started around Sept 18 or 19th. I hate missing out on the second half of August for vacation!

Sakai: Four pounds is awesome! Congrats! As for the chickens, I'm super jealous!!! I really wanted to try raising chickens, but where I live there is a big canyon behind the house and there are so many coyotes that it is really hard to keep them out. Ugh!

Toasted: I cannot imagine taking the GRE again!!! I'm not exactly a math whiz! But that is cool that you are thinking about going back to school. I'm one of those people who always loved school! I always hoped to get a Ph.D. but I never did.

So, me, I'm doing good. Excited because my daughter made a surprise trip in for the weekend. Still at the summer cottage with my mom (Lemon: my son is at camp, but he'll be back in two weeks.) We've been so lucky with cool breezy weather-- a relief because the one thing I just can't stand is heat! When I get back to California it will be sooooooo hot in August, September, and October, and since we don't have AC I can never sleep, so I'm enjoying the cool weather now.

Been doing some nice long walks on country roads, but for some reason my hip has been bothering me. Hope it's temporary!

I have to admit that I did buy some clothes-- couldn't resist! It is just so amazing to be out of plus size!!!! Went to a thrift store today and bought a really cute cotton sweater in size large. I'm still a 16 pant or 14plus, and I can't just grab a pair of size 14s off the rack and wear them but I can wear a normal (non-plus) size 16. A MIRACLE.

Weight 216.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #375  

Uber: sounds like all is going well for you! Keep up the good work and soon you’ll be dropping the plus! Of course that plus gives you more
Room in the hips and waist - that’s all. I think it’s an additional 1 1/2”. Really I think the sizing industry needs to drop the measurements they use from I think the 40s. Women’s bodies have changed so much, as have bra profiles, emphasis on certain parts, arms (sorry but have you ever seen a skinny armed heavy lady? Because in that they never size up it seems!). You’ll get there - I’m rootin for you!

Diane: Turkies are a dumb bird. We actually almost hit 3 hens and 18 chicks/young ones in the middle of the road yesterday. Sure those were wild ones, but I have not met any that don’t do stupid things. You have to have patience with those I’m afraid . Yes - coasting through summer and I’ll join you. It’s getting hard w impromptu bbqs, family events, and travels. I’m maintaining but there are some days I swear I swell up like a big old puffball!

Sakai: how’s it all going? And your trees?

Toasted: did your amazon box get to you? Did you order your Christmas gifts early enough this year?

Hello all!

Kids are ready to go for swim lessons. Yeah - quiet for a bit because all they are doing this morning is picking on each other and irritating themselves so I have to yell and yelling is getting old. Then they turn around and pinch or poke or slam a door on each other - makes you want to run for the hills. Daily! Just sayin.

Happy day all - I’m just hanging there and not loosing well. Summer is close to done. Hey I’ll make you wonder if winter will be here early. The nature’s signs I usually see late August/ September are all happening now - sumac is red, wooliebollies crossing the road, crickets singing at night and a few locusts humming. Goodness - I AM NOT READY. I barely got into spring and then it was summer. And I barely have seen summer and fall is on its way. I like fall - but in July - no thanks! Oh and school starts right after Labor Day. They have made that change in our state so the tourism season is a full traditional summer - however we have always got snow days to make up in June. And yes there are a few schools running on a trimester in the summer - nothing’s worse then an unairconditoned classroom w crappy small window openings in hot humid days in this state. I’ve done it in my youth - not fun at all - but I guess you appreciate the pool that much more.

Ok I’m off to deal w the noise and the kids to shove out the door!