Old 07-06-2018, 01:10 PM   #346  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: Yay you with your restart on Monday. It will be awesome!! You did well before, so you can get back to that again. And you're all organized, with getting the cookies done ahead of time. Sounds like you are good to go for the weekend!!

Toasted: Upper body strength of a newborn kitten! Love it! Ha! Just think of it as a place to start. You'll be pumping up, doing those one handed pushups in no time.

Fitgirl: Glad you are having some success! That's always great!

As for me, I made it to Spin class today. It was hot in the gym, so I was sweating like crazy, but I needed to go. I am still kind of sore from the hike, so hopefully that will help. I wasn't great on eating yesterday, so still kind of struggling there. I hope to regroup a little this weekend on that part and get some discipline back.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:57 AM   #347  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was fine except yesterday was somewhat of a mess food-wise. I got up early this morning to do the first day of my July Fitness challenge workout- it was a strength training workout- hurrayy, more revelling in my lack of push up ability. I knew what was coming though so I watched ALL the how to videos over the weekend and I think I've got the mechanics down even though I haven't got my actual body down- only able to get down maybe a quarter of the way but at least I'm completing the sets now. I feel accomplished, I've missed the satisfaction that comes from exercising and I'm really happy to be back at it again, one day in.

Diane, Yay getting your spin on. Hopefully it helped loosen you up from the hike. Hopefully this weekend has been great for regrouping and you're back on track the way you want this week. I'm dreaming of those 1-handed push ups! By the end of the year... maybe... Why not?

Okay guys, wishing everyone a Friday-vibed Monday.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:03 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Not bothering

morning all!

so today I aim to tackle IF, get the kids off to summer school, move PT appointments, go and split .3 full full grocery bags of day lilies and get them in the ground- caveat - I have to weed the area I want to plant - so instant exercise. Plus I have to walk the kids to school. So a few quick areas to get the body moving and my own little restart to my constant foibles of stayibg good on the diet train.

Had a family celebration this past weekend that went well, but like toasted, ate. It is what it is.

Wishing you all well and a good week ahead!

lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #349  
Diane

Toasted: It seems so easy to get off track with exercising, but when we get back to it, we remember how good it can feel to use those muscles! Good for you on the challenge!

Lemon: Busy day for you. Sounds like you will be getting some good exercising in. Way to go on the new start on Monday!

As for me, I am with you two... I was not on plan with eating like I wanted to be. But, I went to spin this morning and have a good lunch packed. Step by step. I didn't do as much exercise over the weekend as I should have, but it was so hot and we had a little humidity that we aren't used to feeling. We didn't travel out of the house too much, so not too much activity. Oh well! It was fun to just be kind of lazy.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #350  

Diane: I don’t know if the yardwork was good exercise except for getting bit by the skeeters. Hah! But I did get all the plants in and that all took about an hour. Isn’t the heat ridiculous of late? And I’m further north - I had a potluck/celebration the last two nights and it was not the easiest thing to sit outside and enjoy and converse - with the heat sometimes it feels like the brain melts.

Toasted: is your scale making you feel like you are micromanaging or making you feel at ease? I’d have to say Ivenot read on this type so maybe I should do that before asking questions .

Hello all!

im just not feeling super great. I’m feeling full but want to eat, I go to bed and feel like my belly is in the forefront. I don’t know what that issue is but I’m hoping it subsides here quick enough. I did get IF in yesterday however I wasn’t super great as the day wore on. So the restart is a bit of a battle or so it seems. I’ll keep trying and go from there. We have 4h projects to work on, a house to clean, a bit of the day to daydream - so it’s a day at my house.

Happy day all!
Old 07-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #351  
Diane

Lemon: I guess I'd suggest just taking it day by day. It is so hard to regroup and get back on track. I know I'm not doing well with getting it all back either. I kind of wonder if the heat of summer makes it more difficult. Hopefully you have a successful day of project completion!

As for me, no weigh in. I am not getting my food plan back on track very well at all. It is such a struggle. I am doing ok with exercise, but I just can't hike right now with it being so hot. I think I'm going to go to the gym tonight and check out one of their more "state of the art" treadmills. There is one I can see that has a screen that gives you a route to choose and then it self adjusts for going uphill or downhill. I thought it might be fun. I saw that someone had just chosen an oval track. Ha! Kind of defeats the purpose, but whatever floats your boat. I guess I'll just keep struggling with food.... one day at a time.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #352  

Nothing

diane: maybe the new treadmill will also give you the scenery and sites? That might motivate me more to see what’s around and you can say you scaled the Spanish steps in Rome! Just saying - might as well as make the treadmill fun! I hear you having a heck of a time getting back on track. Here I thought I was doing good first thing in my day and by end of day not so good. I think I’m in a coast about moment.

Hello all!

am: the day has begun early for me. I’m not doing much except enjoying the slow start and colors of the sky as the sun awakes and having coffee. I’m watching the news of the day and kind of trying to plan what I will do for the next few days. I’m being successful in all that I am getting done. The 4h projects are about done (yeah - early is good!) and the kid is excited to go. The house I have a few clean rooms and aim to get two more done today. The spirt lifts when you have clean areas to move about in. And then - more to my day - I have to make a grocery list and get an anniversary card for my DH. I’m still figuring out a small gift. One day we’ll do something big but for now - a small gift suffices.

As for diet and weight - argh. I’m avoiding the scale because I know how I’m feeling - Bloaty and big. Fabulous. I’ll take it as it goes right now. My restart has been shaky but I’ll keep trying - slow as it goes. Maybe once I get my house in order I will feel free to say I can walk and focus on me. Funny how we push ourselves out of the way to get everything else done. I’m guilty of this often. And if my kids want cookies I make them (and eat them). I met an old chap the other day who told me to start changing the way I think and the weight loss will be easy. Dude - not for this gal I can change my thinking but it doesn’t stay changed when I want chocolate.

So here’s hoping the diet mojo hits soon enough. I’ve got to get the scale moving as I’ve a destination wedding here in the next few months - I’d love a bikini (a dumb goal! The last one I wore I was like 4 and not a care in the world) but at this weight and with this belly - heck no! But if I can shape it all up and make it look better I’d hope to look better for that event. Heck I went sleeveless at the past weekend event and didn’t care - my arms are heavy on top but I still tried to rock my look and not focus on the flab.

Have a good start to your day all! I’m here to cheer y’all on even if mine is a non starter. Hah! We can all do this!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 07-11-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #353  
Diane

Lemon: It seems like mid summer is a tough time for a lot of people. I was talking to some coworkers and it seems like everyone is struggling to stay on task with food. I went looking back in my past weigh ins and it seems like July is a tough month. I figure you just try to do well each day, but you have to be nice to yourself too. We give others positive reinforcement, we need to do that for ourselves, too.

As for me, I did make it on the scale. Not great, but not awful either. I thought it would be worse. I did fairly well with food until after dinner. Had to have an ice cream sandwich for some reason. Ugh. I didn't go to the gym last night, but I went to Spin this morning. At work, our air conditioning wasn't working well, and then it was over 100 degrees as we walked out after work. I just couldn't do it. I still want to try those treadmills. I do think they show scenery along the way, so that's why I thought it would be fun. Maybe tomorrow, I'll go do that instead of body pump. I should do body pump, but it does not sound like a good time right now. Ha! We'll see. Still hot today, but the AC is working. That helps.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #354  

those darn crappy 30s. I’ll just smile and wave girls - smile and wave.

And I’m now taking advice from the penguins of Madagascar

otherwise, kept busy first thing of the day and end of the day as we got to the pool. I got my faux swim moves in and since beginning his my shoulder isn’t as painful so with that I’ll take some good from it all. My weight may not be shifting but I can use my shoulder once again. So I’ll take the small victories where I can find them!

diane: I think summer is a hard time to stay on task w a diet. It’s hot (heat indices today 105 for me!), its a good time for celebrations and picnics enjoying family and outside. And of course you got to throw in grilling and trying new eats and festivals. Hah! I can give lots of reasons it’s hard and my focus is way off. Let me know how the new treadmill goes. I’ve seen them but haven’t used one.

Toasted: how are you doing? How is your challenge going?

uber: have you hit 200 yet?

sakai: are you dealing w the haboobs? How does one deal with them or do you just stay inside.

Hello all!

ill send you good wishes to nice scales. I perused my groceries online and they finally have watermelon down in cost so I’m hopeful it’s good tasting and larger in size. Last time they were the size of cantaloupes. Can anyone tell me if plums and nectarines are so high in your area? They’ve been consistent at $2.99/lb. and I don’t understand this far not the season.

I have to add to my list today. I’ll swing by goodwill and see if I can find something new to me. I’m just tired of my own Sameo stuff which has been t-shirts and shorts. Maybe I can find something that gives me a different outlook as I go in my closet knowing I’ll have face wipes on me, dirt if I pop out to the garden or food because I’m never totally neat in a days time.

Have a good start to your day. I’m hopeful to find lots of produce and load the fridge. Look forward to your news may it be better than my own

Old 07-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #355  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, had a crazy couple of days with work where one day I was out of the office completely all day for a seminar thing and then yesterday we had a management meeting and a proposal due... Anyway, here I am to check in. I'm doing alright. Hungry and snacky all the time but trying to stay on track. The scale is dropping a bit but my body fat according to same scale is climbing- Dr. Google says it has something to do with water weight etc, but it's not that serious and I'm taking that aspect with a pinch of salt. ToM is expected any minute which might account for the heightened appetite for ALL things- salt and sugar equal opportunist for once. I'm not doing fabulous with food- not terrible, but constantly at the upper end of my calorie target, although I suppose it is called a calorie target for a reason. I'm sooooo sore, even sitting on the toilet is a challenge but I lowkey love it being back at doing something nice for my body. I like that the challenge I'm doing has an app with a calendar for the exact workouts I should be doing everyday and so I feel obligated to keep to the schedule somehow. Fingers cross it all continues.

Lemon: I feel you about the difficulty. A popular comedian here once joked about a Fat Loss Bootcamp Exercise Class she attended where after 5 minutes of "torturous effort" with no consideration for her fitness level, she left the class screaming "No be fat, I fat? Abeg I no kill person," which is the colloquial way of saying "I'm just fat, please, I didn't kill anyone for goodness sake" and it's a reference to the way we, as larger folk, often put a lot of pressure and negativity on ourselves physically, emotionally, mentally, berating and punishing ourselves for being fat in an endless cycle and this comedian's point was that it's not something that should inspire such self-torture and guilt and regret and remorse and effort and self-flagellation. I'm still fascinated with my scale even when the weigh ins are underwhelming, the coolness factor is still superceding the reality. How was your online grocery shopping experience? Was the produce any good?

Diane: I'm not going to lie I used to love the treadmill more than running outdoors. For one thing, it's kinder to the knees, for another the environment is climate controlled which is important when you consider the heat and humidity here, third, no dirt or uneven pavement or need to keep your eyes on the road, four the other exercise equipment is already there, five no need to be aware of surroundings so you can 100% zone out and listen to music- the only time I actually listen to music is when I'm exercising... I mean the list goes on. But then I let my gym membership lapse and discovered the joys of the outdoors. I think planning ahead and having music or a tv show or a podcast or intervals or whatever to keep you entertained is key. Please review the fancy pants treadmills for us when you use one. The getting food on track struggle is real, but I'm still floating on a cloud of accomplishment because I got a workout in. There's something about being intentional about movement that makes one feel a little optimistic even when the more important food component isn't great.

Alright guys, must get back to work. Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #356  
Diane

Lemon: I have been buying apricots and cherries recently. We're just about out of cherry season, but the apricots this year have been awesome. First time in a long time because they tend to get frozen when they first start budding. I have not seen any local plums and I don't normally buy fruit in the stores right now. So, in other words, I have no idea how the pricing is in the stores! Hope they start going down soon!

Toasted: Yeah, I do prefer hiking outside. Running was always tougher outside for me. Good thing I'm not running anymore at the moment. I'm not a huge fan of just walking on the treadmill. Music helps, but I still don't love it. So, I hope that the new treadmill is fun. I didn't go this morning, so I might try to go tonight.

The scale wasn't too bad today again. I need to start pushing harder to get back below 250. It is one of those weights that my body just loves. Anyway, not much to say. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #357  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, the scale dropped a smidge today. I woke up early enough to work out but didn't and so now I have to try to fit it in after work today. Le Sigh. Not much new to report. I stayed on track with food yesterday and hit my calorie range right in the middle (as opposed to on the lower end of the range) because i decided to have a some dark chocolate after dinner, but eh... Oh well...

Diane: Did you end up going to the gym last night? I find evening workouts a lot harder to do than first-thing-in-the-morning ones. Maybe it's because I'm tired or I've eaten or whatever the case may be, and that's without adding in the difficulty in motivating myself after getting drained being surrounded by people all day at work (Hazards of Being An Introvert)..

Lemon: How goes it? I hope kids and family and life aren't driving you to crazy and you're getting some time in to breathe and enjoy your summer.

Jenni, Uber, how are you guys doing?

Okay back to work. I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #358  

Toasted: no weight loss is not going I’m running this week and eating at strange times. I have gone swimming and I’m cleaning my house and running up and down stairs. I just mopped the upstairs bathroom and while it dries I’m taking a break and then I have to go clean the master. Ugh. Good thing it’s not huge! Good for you on a scale that moved downward. Keep up the good work!

Diane: oh I love supporting local orchards if I can’t or don’t have It growing on my own. How nice. I’ve got blueberries to pick here at one of them soon. I can’t this weekend but hopefully this next week. Enjoy your bounty! Do you freeze or just by what you can eat immediately? Yep I don’t know why everything w a stone is $3/lb. kind of strange as years past it’s been 99c - $1.60/lb. so $3 is what I’d avoid (it’s like an off season price). Oh well - enjoy them for me!

Hello all!

Summer must have gotten you all as you run crazily - at least that’s how I feel! I’m running at full tilt and feeling like nothing is getting done. Alas I’ll keep going and crash once the kids go back to school.

My eating has been all off with all my good intentions. I’m not eating when I should, I haven’t had my morning egg, the only consistent thing has been coffee and even that isn’t tasting great. I have been leaning toward sweets maybe TOM is on its way. Who knows.

So hang in here on the Friday the 13th. Enjoy the weekend and hope to see y’all at some point on here
Old 07-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #359  
Diane

Toasted: No, didn't make it to the gym. Where we have to park at work isn't right next to the building, we have to walk across the street a little ways to get to our cars. By the time I got to the car, I was really hot. It took my motivation and killed it. Ha!

Lemon: Yeah, we've lost contact with a lot of our friends over the summer, haven't we? Maybe they're having fantastic vacations!! Hopefully they aren't having the struggles that we've been facing! As for the fruit, we are on the tail end of the cherries. I saw some for sale, $5 a pound. Wow! nope!!!!

As for me, looking forward to the weekend! Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:48 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everybody!!!

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I'm still "on vacation" at summer house but also just got slammed with work projects and so I haven't been online and posting. I don't really have time to read through back posts, but I skimmed and it looks like you all are doing good.

So, what's up with me? Everything is going well. Have REALLY been enjoying being able to be more active. I've gone sailing, played tennis, taken long walks, gone swimming (and climbed onto the trampoline, which I could not do at my higher weight.) Every single one of those things was either impossible or a challenge ever since my regain from 2012. So, that feels awesome!

My mom's cardigan was sitting on the sofa and I decided to pull it on-- SIZE MEDIUM!! Was a little small, but I actually could have worn it like that. (I would have to wear a large to have it actually fit, but it is a miracle that a size medium actually went on my body and looked wearable at all.)

Weight-wise, I'm actually a little stalled out. Have been hovering around 218-219. So that's only about five pounds total for the past month, which is quite a bit slower than I was losing before. I've been a lot more casual about what I've been eating, because I've been eating out a lot, so I'd like to make smarter choices. I'd really like to lose another 30 lbs and get down to the lower 190s-- because that's the weight I was back in 2011-2013 and at that weight I fit easily into normal sized clothes. Been hitting up the thrift store and I'm still not comfortably fitting into a normal sized 14, so I've got a ways to go.

Hope you guys are all having a great summer and I'll try to get on and post more, but it's a busy time for me, so I may be a bit of a slacker for a while.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote