Old 07-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

it is what it is and I’m going to celebrate the 4th as well and then look at things next week. Kids go on to summer school and family obligations out of the way and I can fit in a walk and a fast and maybe JUST maybe leave the darn 30s and 20s and get on with it.

I get the hair coifed tomorrow and it’s going shorter but not total pixie short (just afraid I will still look fat face w that short of hair). I look forward to that as it’s been what 8 weeks and well my hair is as poofy as and I can’t be a dancing vegetable on a forum any longer this summer.

My I got my faux swimming in - just the arms and then just the legs but not together less my shoulder has issues when really dragging the body through the water. My eldest was underwater w goggles on and comes up saying geez Mom you have a really large polka dot butt (suit has Dottie’s all over). Yeah, just what I wanted to hear. Of course my comeback was your day is coming just remember that! Hah. Sorry but sometimes I dish a bit of snark back. Especially when my bum is concerned.

Have a a good day all! I’m off to get some bills paid and on with my summer day.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 07-02-2018 at 08:58 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #332  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, I hope everyone had a good weekend. For me, eating poorly continued into the weekend, but I've taken myself in hand and so far so good today. I am back to the dreaded cusp of 200, sigh... I tell myself that it is impossible to have gained 3lbs in a week, but I know myself... it is entirely possible. Sigh. It's okay though. If I stick to plan, I'll be back down soon enough. It's te second half of the year and I definitely want to get with the program and finish the year out achieving some goals.

Lemon: I hope the heat wasn't too bad over the weekend. Our "summer" because people call it summer because that's what schools call it even though we don't actually have such a season is rainy. June/July are the rainiest months of the year and yet people still pick it for weddings because "June is for brides." I feel very sorry for anyone who was getting married this weekend because it rained literally NONSTOP- I mean it got heavier and stormier and then lighter and drizzlier but it never completely stopped from Friday night till this morning. So it's pretty wet and nasty and muddy and puddle-y. The peak wedding season here for smart brides is December. Sorry about the expensive news at the dentist's.

Diane: Yay good weigh ins! Fingers crossed the soreness and stiffness pass and you get your workout mojo back on. I'm starting back on exercising this month. I have ALL the nerves because I feel SOOOOOOO unfit!

Uber: 2-teens!!!!! Well done!!!! Yay all the NSVs! Congratulations. And you, Diane and I are cornerpiece buddies in cake. Happy Belated Birthday. I also prefer whiter cakes to chocolate. I mean I eat chocolate cake too, but it's not my favourite either.

Okay guys, I've got to go. This week is a little hectic for me. My goal for today is to try to get to 5000 steps and to stay on the lower end of my calorie goal range. Let's see how that pans out! I believe I can do it! Wishing you all a very on-plan day!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #333  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: Gotta love kids and their comments. Probably thought it was so funny, but to our ears, it isn't!!

Toasted: Cake twins! I like the white cakes too. Chocolate is ok, but I prefer white or yellow. As for getting back to exercising, it is so tough! Then to rework through the pain. Hope it goes ok!

As for me, not a great weekend with food. Exercise was awesome and I got a lot of it, but I am also feeling pretty sore and a little puffy with water retention... I think. But it might be food too, just not a stellar weekend for me. Ugh! I went to Spin this morning, and then I'll take a day off tomorrow. On Wednesday, we don't really have a lot planned, so I think I'm just going to go for a longer hike. Rather than hanging around in the more desert like areas, I want to drive up to where we go hunting and hike up there. It is much more of a pine tree, grassy, and mountainous area. Hopefully it is cooler too! I haven't been up there for a while, so I thought that might be fun since the rest of the family is working.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #334  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys! How's your week going? Happy 4th of July in advance. What happens when it's in the middle of the week like it is this year? Do you get extra days off so you can make it into a long weekend? Or do you have to take time off to do that? If it was here, you'd just get the one day off, what happens where you are? I did okay yesterday with meeting my 5000-step target even though I was literally falling asleep as I paced the corridor- not because boredom but because tiredness. I was a little higher than I wanted to be calorie-wise, but I was still well within my target calorie range. I did measurements and before pictures this morning for a challenge I'm doing this month and I've gained a significant amount of inches everywhere from like 2 years ago when I was trying to lose an extra few pounds. It's strange to see that I've gaine 7 WHOLE inches but apple-y, butt-less me has only gained 3 inches in the hip/butt region... Like CAN I win???? My bust is the only thing that looks better now than when I'm at a lower weight and size but alas, I'm determined, return to a rock in a wrinkly sock it must. Sigh... It wasn't my favourite morning ever but it's fine. Everything is doable if y'kno, I do it.

Diane, I hope you have a great hike tomorrow. A day off sounds like the perfect opportunity to take on somewhat new frontiers! I can't believe your fam doesn't get a day off for Independence. Booooooooo!!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #335  

Toasted: here we usually have off the 4th. Since it’s the middle of the week, usually one day. When I worked for a union shop the union would have their shutdown or idle the whole week. As is, if it’s friday and a place of employ has an “extra” holiday in their year sometimes they’ll do a long weekend. It all depends on your employer or if you have vacay time you’d like to use - which my DH is doing.

Sorry your measuring tape wasn’t kind. I haven’t bothered w mine I am ok with some of my shorts, dread the jeans but I kept one heavier pair as they were kind of stretchy (hah!) and have worn those when I needed to of late. You will get the weight off here in time. Youve done it before and heck - you’ve been living life w family and trips and friends - and frankly when you die are you going to really say oh my weight or are you going to say I’ve had a beautiful time weight included. You have been a force on getting the weight off - I cheer you on to do it again.

Diane: enjoy the walk. Do you have to worry about wildlife up there? My DH was watching a black bear last night. Though they are skittish of us I’m skittish of them. So stay safe and enjoy your cooler walk!

Hello all!

Am: so the day began and we’ll be enjoying all the 4th festivities the next two days. I get my haircut YEAH. And I have to make caramel popcorn for the fireworks as that’s my families big thing to have while watching. I will have to be mindful because I tend to like it too

I also have to help chase on the 4Her to get their projects done. And of course keep up w the house. Wouldn’t it be nice to loose 5lbs when running around doing our daily activities like laundry, cleaning, running the kids herethere or running up and down the stairs?! Yeah, I’m dreaming!

I’ll need to focus on what I hope to accomplish next week without the kids home. I’m hopeful a walk each day and IF can be done easier and without question as to what moms doing.

And a swim today - got to take advantage of our family pass. Since it’s going to be about 90 it will be good to get in the water as well. The arm movement I have been doing has helped work out my shoulder some so I don’t have the constant daily pain I had been having. Yeah!

Well enjoy your early 4th celebrations y’all stateside and everyone else - enjoy your midweek in July. (Really?! It’s july and I haven’t gotten much done as of yet!). Happy day all!
Old 07-03-2018, 09:31 AM   #336  
Mini Goal 1- 199

I just realized I'm not wearing my Fitbit! I'm NEVER not wearing my fitbit other than when I'm in the shower. I have more than 1 for this exact reason. I've been upstairs and downstairs multiple times at work today and the steps didn't count???!!! I mean, what was the point then if my Fitbit app doesn't know. I want to be carried the rest of today. I insist! Meltdown Meltdown Meltdown. #kidding But seriously not pleased with my bare wrists... which I'm only just noticing at 2.30pm but still!

Lemon: Sending you good haircut karma. Also, the people in the magazines claim they loose all the weights by (mutter something vague about eating a balanced diet and be loud about) "keeping their house clean and running after their children." One of the main perks of having kids I thought was the need to chase after them for weight loss. You mean this isn't truth??? #sarcasm I hope you get your swim in.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #337  
Diane

Toasted: Yeah, I only have the one day off, too. My kids work in retail, so this is a big shopping day with sales and such. So, they have to work. It turns out my husband wants to go with me. He doesn't want to hike, but he'll stay at the lake and fish. His work is labor intensive, so going on a hike on his day off isn't attractive to him. Ha! So that will be fun! Good for you for getting the steps in, even while sleeping!!

Lemon: Truth be told, I actually take a pistol with me when I go up there. They do have bears up there, so just to feel safer, I put it in my pack. I've never seen a bear while hiking, and I know that they typically go the other way when they see you, but just in case I somehow got between a momma and her cubs. Then, it can be a problem. Hopefully, I'll just see some deer or elk!! I'll bet that with you, with fairs coming up, you're busy with 4H stuff. Have fun getting your hair done!

For me, not much to report. Just checking in. I didn't weigh again today. I'll get to it.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #338  

I ate. A lot. I’m also not weighing today.

It will be a day filled with lots of water (of course after my coffee) and being mindful though I’d love something sweet right about now.

Wishing you all a nice day and if you are back to work - may that go easily for two days. I’ll do more as I wake up but I’m still somewhat comatose to the days start.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #339  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hi guys! I hope you all had a great 4th of July and had ALL the food and firework fun. Mine was consumed with work but I made a deadline so I'm happy. Somehow I ended up wayyyy over calories into maintenance zone and it's the kind of thing where you look at your food diary and it's all whole foods and it's like "if this wasn't going to end up a cutting day why didn't I at least make it good with cake and ice cream?" Sighhh! It is alright, still I push on. I weighed in today and I'm 1.6lbs down from Monday but 0.1% body fat up. I'm lowkey obsessed with my schmancy Fitbit scale. It makes me want to weigh everyday. I know the body fat measures on those bioimpedance scales can be borderline bogus, nevertheless at least I'm comparing bogus to bogus in terms of tracking progress. My fitness challenge thing starts on Monday and I'm worried because I've not even made the time yet to do the fitness test for it and it's just one workout which I've had ALL week to do but haven't yet done. It's not even like I don't wake up early enough, I do, I just go to bed so late that I'm usually too exhausted to get up and just lie there. I need to kick myself in the pants and take care of this body. I only get the one. Staying on track today, yup I will!

Lemon: Yay enjoying the 4th in the proper way! It's just one day. And you're back at it again today which is really what it's all about. Did you get your hair cut yet? How is it? Significant change or nah?

Diane: I hope you had a good hike and a nice time with your husband. I have a super sedentary job so I would totally have hiked with you but I get wanting to just relax and chill if you have a highly active job. I mean I have basically an inactive job and I LOVE to sit (who am I kidding, lie down) and relax and chill to the point that I have to seek out activity opportunities. Did you see any wildlife in the end?

Hope you all are having a good day back at work/still on vacation/having fun with family/at peace in your spirit. Sending hugs to all.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #340  

Toasted (darn autocorrect): yes the hair came off and it’s short - and because I have waves to curls right now it sprang the curls to life and the gal cut it shorter than I had hoped but once I get the hang of working w what’s left I don’t think it will be too bad. Not a pixie a shag or the like. And my hair always does it’s own thing so it’s kind a hybrid.

Yeah for the new scale - just keep it in check so you don’t become too obsessive. Of course I always like waiting to see where the scale will be the next day when I’m on point so I’m like a fine one to make mention of!

Am: I’m making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight but using salsa instead of tomato sauce. Fresh from the garden peppers courtesy of my mil. I’ll put them in the slow cooker because we will try to go swim tonight and have a late dinner.

I hope all is well with everyone. Monday next week is hopefully my start to refocus week on my diet and moving the scale on downward. I’ll need all the cheering the board can muster.

Happy afternoon all. I’m off to get some lunch made.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 07-05-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #341  
Diane

Toasted: Glad you were able to get lots of work done and on time! I know what you mean about being higher on calories, but it was all healthy stuff. If I'm going to go over, I want it to be all the bad stuff! Hope you get a chance to get your challenge thing done!!

Lemon: You'll do great when you get back to it on Monday! I know it!!! Your salsa sounds awesome, I'll bet those peppers will be so good!!

As for me, not great with the weigh in, but it is my fault. I have been off on my food. Even though my husband ended up needing to work, I went for a big hike yesterday. It was pretty awesome! So beautiful up there. It was a lot warmer than I thought it would be, so I was a sweaty mess when I got done, but it felt great to do it. It is about 4 1/2 miles, with the elevation going from about 9,000 to 9,500. I was tired the rest of the day, but it was worth it. Should have lost about 10 pounds with that, but no.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #342  

hey ladies !! its tough to stay in control for me at times but i read these posts and they keep me motivated, ive tried so many things to help me get into the right direction and i realize now that the basics is what helps me the most! i try to eat whole foods and stay away from anything that doesnt go bad rather quick! I also have been drinking tea to help me curve my cravings and have had some success losing some weight! woo!
fitgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #343  

Fit: welcome! Jump in and join us all.

Diane: listen to you on your great hike! I think it’s be great if you went up in elevation to loose extra. Heck I was st the pool tonight and I did more helping my youngest learn to swim and I’m like totally beat. We worked for an hour and then RH got there and he took him for hour two. I was going to run out tonight but as I sit on the couch I’m like DEAD. sorry you still have hot weather. We had reprieve today but it’s been a blast furnace the last few days.

Toasted: because I know you’ll post early - I’ll say hey this evening. Hope your calories or exercise is going well! How is your rainy season going? Is it hot and muggy on top of it all?i hope your outlook is picking up and things in life are getting better!

hello all!

am: I’m beat and I know I didn’t do a ton at the pool. I’m not sure what that is all about. Got home and had the stuffed peppers which turned out really well. The salsa gave a nice kick instead of tomato sauce based. Threw them in the slow cooker mainly to warm for us while at swim. Turned out well - I recommend if you have extra green peppers and can eat brown rice.

Monday is my refocus on me day. I can do this yet again - I hope it goes easily!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #344  

No nothing done!

so today I’m on the sprint to get the family packed for a short weekend trip for a family event out of state. I also have to bake cookies as well be gone til Sunday and one of my kiddos has a ball potluck to end the season and there’s a dish needed. So I’ll get these ready and in the freezer while we are gone and pull them out before they go Sunday night.

Monday is my restart day. I can do this - it will just take me a bit of time and fortitude to get back on track. I still think it’s harder to diet and keep focused when you have kids - but it can be done as evidence by y’all. I’m just finding it a bit of a pain. But I’m looking to smack it back into shape.

Have a a good weekend all! I look forward to your hellos today.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 07-06-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:29 PM   #345  
Mini Goal 1- 199

Hey guys, I'm leaving EARLY (well for me; it's actually 5.20pm and technically I work a 9-5) because I'm going to be one of those people that go to the grocery store during Friday rush hour so I don't have to do it tomorrow. Not much to add. I stayed on the good side of calories yesterday. Trying to do the same today. FINALLY did the fitness test for my challenge that starts on Monday, I'm moderately okay at stuff like squat jumps or cardiorific things but push ups were beyond awful- have the upper body strength of a newborn kitten, apparently. Fingers crossed, by the end of July, I'll be singing a different tune.

Lemon: Will try not to get obsessed with the new scale. It's so cool and schmancy though. Rainy season is going. Everything is nasty but it's not been too bad heat wise- we're muggy and damp and humid, but it's only in the 70s which is pretty much sweater weather over here. What's your stuffed peppers recipe, maybe I'll give it a try. Yay Monday reset! You can TOTALLY do it. Have a fab weekend of enjoyment though.

Diane: Wow, I can't imagine living at such elevations. If you were down at 0 elevation where I live, you could probably cardivascularly run miles! Beyond impressive! You'll get back on track with food. Sometimes the scale is just... doing the absolute most.

Fitgirl: Heyyy! I get the urge for taste so frequently, tea sounds like a fabulous way to avoid just munching because I want to taste something. AND there are different options. What a nifty idea! Please stick around and let's know how it's going. What are your goals? Looking forward to getting to know you.

Okay guys, must run. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!