Old 06-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #301  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemon: No, not making any changes to my hair at all right now. I just want to let the colored/bleached/lightened part to grow out to see what I have naturally. I think coasting for now might be ok for you. I think that sometimes it is better to be at peace for a while and then get back to it as you can. With kids at home, that's a tough time to diet. You'll know when it is right to get back at it.

Toasted: Sometimes that food wins. Ugh! Do you have anything special planned for your birthday?

As for me, no weigh in today. I wasn't great being on plan for food yesterday. Just not up for negativity this morning, so I skipped it. Oh well! I think that Monday's workout and yardwork killed me. I have just been so tired since then. I think maybe by tomorrow I can recover. Ha!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:33 AM   #302  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Lemon- Any tea really. I drink black, green, red and white as well as herbal. I try to keep it herbal or caffeine free if I'm drinking before bed. I have 3 different brands of Detox tea and they all seem to work well for the water weight and they are all caffeine free so I can drink it before bed. I let my tea steep extra long, around 15 minutes before I start to drink it. And I leave the tea bag in the cup so it just gets stronger. I use a keto friendly sweetener. I can't do tea without sweetener unless it's iced. I think one of my teas is a "Slimming" tea (Most of my teas are still packed away as I'm painting more of my kitchen this weekend) And it focuses more on water weight rather than liver health like most detox tea. They say to drink 1-3 (sometimes up to 5) cups a day. But I just use my 3 cup mug and drink it in one go.
And yes, please still post even if you are not losing the weight. Keep your head in the game even if your body won't play.
Strawberry picking sounds like so much fun!

Toasted- Welcome back! great to see you again.

Slashnl- been there. oh boy. When I know I've had a bad day or was off track on the weekend, I hate to weigh myself until i've been back on track for at least 2 days. I'm just so number motivated and the wrong number messes everything up.

As for me. The water weight dropped off and now I'm 258,8 Woot! that was 5 pounds of water weight over the weekend. How does that even happen?? Carbs are like sponges, seriously. Suck up that water and hold on to it. I'm just glad to be back into burning fat instead of dropping water.
P.S. ooo fancy new update.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Sakai: thanks for the tea info. Maybe I’ll have to do some trying and see what could work for me. I have to be mindful of my medicine but otherwise I should be ok if I label read. What color is your kitchen becoming? Mine is called popcorn ball and it’s not any color similar to popcorn let alone caramel. Due to all the different woodtones this keeps it warm and inviting. My house is a craftsman era so I can’t do too trendy but I also like color. When we moved in everything was off white. I came armed w gallons and gallons of paint.

Diane: did you finally ditch your spin friend that wasn’t showing up? Though it’s nice to have a buddy sometimes it’s hard - even when my DH was suppose to go w me he’d have an excuse so then I’d waffle and say I could go later. Anywho - I’m glad you are still motoring the body! Scale or not - you are moving.

Toasted: I hav to reschedule once again. I haven’t as I’ve been on the run w the kids and scheduling all their busy ness for the rest of summer that I haven’t turned back to myself. I think I’ll move the pixie to the start of fall. My weight is back up and I’m hesitant to want to feel like a full face is starring back at me in pictures. when I’m heavier that’s all I see is a full face. Yes we are our own worst crtitics.

More later today gals - Ive got to get moving and out the door and to the doctor for Myself. Happy day all.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #304  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Well... I managed to lose my message I'd written and the new site had autosaved by accidentally shutting down the tab I was working on as I multitasked on my browser. Sigggghhhhh!!! I have neither the time nor the inclination to re-write it so I'm doing okay. The scale is blahhh. Diane, I feel you on scale avoidance for mental health and hope you feel better soon. Can you plan a morning to "sleep in" (relatively speaking) and shift your alarm from waking you up to work out? Sakai, yay the 250s!!!! New decade woooottt!!!! I love tea as well- Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong, and anything with ginger or chamomile (and without lemon or fruity-ness) is a favourite. I'm currently really loving soursop (graviola) leaf tea and this tea by Yogi called Woman's Energy- it's the business. What's your favourite tea right now? I'm doing an Amazon haul soon maybe I'll check it out. Lemon, I can imagine that having little kids around all day makes their schedule pretty much your schedule. I hope your doctor's appointment went well.

Okay guys, gtg. Praying everyone is having a wonderful day!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 06-21-2018 at 10:12 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #305  
Diane

Sakai: Yay on losing the water weight! Amazing what a change in diet, even for a weekend, can do to us! Absolutely crazy. Glad you made it through.

Lemon: Yeah, I gave up on the workout buddy. She is still teaching the spin class, and I really do like her, but she admitted that it is hard for her to add that extra day. Works for me. I like the name of the color of your kitchen, popcorn ball. That's awesome!!

Toasted: Ugh for the lost post. Way too hard to type it in the first time, let alone adding another time to it. Maybe next time we'll get the extra long post!

As for me, didn't weigh in. I'm also probably not going to workout again until next week. My sister is coming for a visit just for the weekend. I am the worst housekeeper in the world, so I've been working on getting my house clean. I just hate doing it. Give me yard work anytime over cleaning my house. Anyway, I have a lot to get done, so not much time for anything else. She'll be here tomorrow afternoon through Monday morning. I wish I was better at just keeping it clean rather than having to do big cleaning every so often. Just not my thing.

Have a good one!
Old 06-22-2018, 12:27 AM   #306  
Less is more.

Lemon- My kitchen is becoming various shades of yellow and orange. I've always wanted a bright yellow kitchen. so I'm painting 2 walls. I'm mixing the orange and yellow to make a handful of other shades to paint hills along the bottom. This is to match my Living room, which I painted mountains from top to bottom in shades of green. Once the kitchen is done, I've a giant, almost 4 foot tall dandilion stensiI will use on the kitchen wall. Complet with floating seeds. I'll have to see if I can get pictures on here at some point.

Toasted.- I've seen that Woman's energy at the store. I'm going to have to try it. I just tried Earl Grey for the first time last week and it was lovely. Not sure If I should drink it with milk or not. So I took it like Captial Picard "Earl grey; hot." Right now My favorite is one called Red Dragon Chai. which is a chai with a bit more spice. I love this with milk. I don't have it often and most my tea drinking time is before bed and It has caffine in it. I did try an orange spice when I was painting my kitchen last weekend and it was also nice, Might try it with a bit of milk next time.

Slashnl- I don't think this is possible, for I am the worst housekeeper in the world. I spend every weekend trying to undo what my pets and man have done over the week. I know it wouldn't be so bad if I just cleaned a little throughout the week, but I'm so wore out after work. This is why I have trouble exercising too. Once I leave work, I'm done.

The scale is floating for me right now up and down but not really going anywhere since the water drop. I think I'll be IFing again, skipping my evening meal and just stick with teas.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:55 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 264.5/211/170

Height: 5’5

Hi all!

thanks for the warm welcome

Lemon: 😂 I don’t think I’ve ever owned anything near a fascinator! I’m the most relaxed person ever, I live in gym-wear and jeans. I sometimes wish I was someone who could be bothered to drsss up more often! We’re actually getting married in Dominican Republic, partly because I want to get married somewhere warm but also because I love a good vacation! Ireland sounds awesome, funnily I’ve never been - it’s on my bucket list though 👀.

Toasted: thanks for the love and support, really appreciate it. Eid mubarak! Did you enjoy it? It wouldn’t be quite right if you didn’t have a good baby after celebrating 😆. Also never knew the benefits of watermelon!!! I am going and buying a monster melon tonight.

Sakai - this tea thing sounds amazing too. I’m jumping on the bandwagon!!!!

Onemorechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:31 AM   #308  

One: wedding plans sound interesting and your avoiding hurricane season right? And the fascinators I’m always reminded of when I see something royal. I do tend to like when people dresssup myself. We rarely do that anymore at least in my part of the world. I still try to for church periodically or for family events. I’m trying to teach the littles that they need to dress nice periodically too. As some in my extended family dressed up is pink camo w bling on it and blingybutt jeans or for guys (sadly) a clean T-shirt and jeans with a ratty ball cap. Now granted I’m way north but still - it’s a bit blah.

Diane: I’ll have to ageee w Sakai as my house is Uber horrible as well! I think we just don’t have the time by the end of work or chasing kids or feeling the need to clean up after everyone else. I get it done and it becomes undone immediately. Hang in there and have fun w the sister! Maybe she’ll have her blinders on and won’t see anything that you think will be part of her periphery.

Toasted: I think your scale and my scale are rendezvous-ing. Good golly I’ll just try to keep up w my IF this weekend and see if I can get it to budge DOWN. I saw dragon fruit at the store yesterday and thought I still haven’t tried it ($7 for something I’m not sure I’ll like or can eat as I have to be mindful of latex allergies and tropical fruits tend to trend to that relation). Have you managed to avoid cake?

Sakai: that sounds like a fab kitchen! Just know that in the colors
Of red and orange we tend to eat more (ie color psychology) hence why a lot of fast food use these colors in their coloring/packaging. But I think it’s great! Mine was a yellow before the popcorn ball. And the dandelion sounds fab! How exciting and a good project. Enjoy!

Hello all!

Am: weeded for an hour this morn - and that was one bed. Good grief - tons of weeds now it looks less jungley. I’ll have to do this the next few mornings and maybe finally get caught up and make it less long and hairy for the 4th of July. Did I burn calories? Probably not much I felt very sluggish as I pulled and dug.

I’ve got a softball tourney this weekend to go to and watch. And of course tons of work on the house if I even get there in thought and actions. Probably not

Wishing you all a nice start to your weekends!
Old 06-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #309  
Diane

Sakai: Oh for sure... the animals do not help me at all. Way too much fur. My parents don't have any animals at all now and I envy how you can sit anywhere without worrying about hair. I agree with you about being done after work. It is hard to want to do anything!!

OneMore: Dominican Republic sounds like a great place for a wedding. How fun!

Lemon: My sister is easy going, so I'm sure she won't care. It actually looks pretty good for me, but there are a few things I would have liked to have done. Just not happening. A softball tourney sounds like fun! Hope you have a great time!

As for me, not looking at the scale right now. I'll get back on next week after my sister is gone. I'll just try to keep things reasonable through the weekend.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:30 AM   #310  
Less is more.

One- ooo destination wedding, So nice. When are you getting married (Congrats by the way) Yes this tea seems to help me lots. As I'm on a low carb diet, any bit of extra carbs equal loads of water weight. This tea seems to help keep it down.
Lemon- my backyard is a forest of salt bush. It's a cancer plant that spreads and we had one and now it's pretty much taken over the whole yard. our backyard looks like this house is abandoned. It makes me so angry every time I go back there. We do plan on putting up a wood fence so Mr. Man is going to have to chop those bushes down at some point. We'll most likely have to use a hardcore ground clear that will kill any plant for about a year. Which means my vegetable garden will be out of commission and will have to be relocated at some point.
Slashnl- good luck with the visit!

As for me. the scale is holding steady. I'm going to try and fast a bit though the weekend. As I seem to fail at controling carbs on these days. I'm continuing work on the kitchen, cleaning house and doing some tye-dye. So I hope it's enough to keep me moving and not thinking about food.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #311  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was bingey AF, so not good. This morning, early though it may be, has also been pretty bingey. I ate not one, but two granola bars- mind you I don't do great with oats or whole grains/pseudo grains or high fiber generally but there you have it. It's fine, I am going to salvage the rest of the day with good decisions, I'm determined. Tomorrow is my birthday so, THAT probably won't be a day of good decisions. But I'm really excited for my new age (chapter 32) and for a new year to maybe get super fit and blast some weight and fitness goals. My trend approaching the new age hasn't been promising but I woke up yesterday pumped that I have the power to make the decisions I want and thankfully, if I choose I want a fit body, I could potentially make that happen if I really wanted to, and if like yesterday, I was all like "not today," well it wasn't the day. But yes back to the good decisions of today, leggo, y'all!

Diane: I feel you on the not weighing. In a sense, I'm tempted to weigh tomorrow to see where I start but do I really want to do that to myself on my birthday? I think not. I'm starting a fitness challenge the first week in July. I'll weigh in then... or maybe next week. I'm also a little messy and cleaning is not my favourite thing either until it gets to me where I have a meltdown and then become obsessive about it, even cleaning the skirting with a toothbrush. I don't have a happy medium, I'm either super messy or obsessively "don't sit on my furniture and mess up my ironed cushions" clean. I hope you have an amazing time with your sister.

Sakai: I feel like one is supposed to have Earl Grey with milk and sugar (or substitutes), I sometimes drink it black with sweetener but I don't think that's the "right" way if there's such a thing. In reality, the right way is it however you want it. But I think Earl Grey is one of those people typically have with milk/cream/creamer. I've never had Red Dragon Chai, I'm going to look for it on Amazon and add it to my basket. My mom is a huge fan of the Double Spice Chai Black Tea by Stash and I'll only drink it with creamer so I'm with you on Chai with milk. I mostly drink tea before bed as well as I'm usually rushing around like a crazy person in the morning- but I suppose I could start an office tea-drinking habit. I think I'm going to try and incorporate IF into my plan- the nibbling all day isn't helping my bingey ways. Your kitchen sounds ace! I love warm colors and yellow and orange are two of my favourite colors.

OneMoreChance: Thanks for the Eid wishes. I'm actually Christian in a country that's slightly more than half Muslim and slightly less than half Christian- so we get both Muslim and Christian holidays off. I do have Muslim relatives and so Eid food festivities do trickle down our way even if we don't have the party ourselves. But you know how long holiday weekends can be- the sea of bad decisions. The DR destination wedding sounds fabulous! Have you been to the DR before? Is it stressful planning from far away? I dream of a destination wedding even though I'm currently prospect-less in the groom department. But I want a destination wedding mostly because weddings here are like a carnival and you have to invite EVERYONE or people get offended and I'm the sort of person that gets antsy when more than 6 people are in a group around me. Congratulations again! Also yay 1 lb closer to goal!!!

Lemon: I can't stop laughing at the mental image of pink camo... with BLING! Why would camo ever have bling on it! Why would it be pink? What's it camoflaging one from- a sea of flamingos??? I literally CANNOT!!! I tried dragon fruit in Bali. I didn't love it. Gorgeous-looking but blah taste. I really like mangosteen and that's worth a try if you see that in your stores. The thing is tropical fruits tend to jack up my stomach too- so I'm usually a taste and walk on by sort of person. It's unfortunate because I'm from/live in the tropics and so fruit here IS tropical fruit and I can rarely eat any of it because my stomach revolts. I hope you had a great weekend with softball, kids and house work.

Okay guys, wishing everyone a great day! Hugs to all!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:17 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

I have been MIA. I have gotten the flu of some sorts. I'll try and catch up tonight. I leave for my road trip on Friday. Hope everyone is well. I'm still not feeling all that well. I thoufht sickness was for winter!!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #313  

Toasted: sadly yes pink camo is a thing in my state. No on the flamingos 🙃 however it was done in part to appease the lady hunters, though a chunk of the ones I have seen still wear the traditional camo colors. And I think they’ve approved it for deer season but it has to be a certain Color vs camo - my dd will be in blaze and I’ll be happy. Pink reads too flat against the gray of fall or the white of snow. I’d rather blaze orange on everyone. If bling is needed it’s an under the coat thing at this house.

Alas there is your northern hunting info!

As for celebrating ones 32nd year ENJOY! happy birthday a day early! Of course by now I’m sure it’s evening. I say go diet free tomorrow and enjoy your day. As for your destination wedding hopes - I was an older bride too - just sayin - enjoy it all and there is nothing wrong about thinking through what you’d like for a wedding. Heck I’m still planning what I’m going to do w my big lottery winnings (this coming from the gal that rarely wins more than $4 on the big lottos) - I am one for thinking it through even though there is nothing concrete there currently. HAVE A FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY and a slice of cake for me. Btw: what’s your fav, cake that is?

Sakai: is the kitchen painting done and all put back together? Weekend snacking is my issue and soda which inevitably happens when I go my ILS. They always have soda and I always grab a can. And I know it adds 2 lbs and takes about 3 days for that weight to come back down. What do you mean cancer brush? Is it just a prolific grower or does it help cause cases of cancer?

Diane: how’d the weekend go? Has everything settled since Dds accident? And how was your sisters visit? I can only take my sisters in small doses of late. I have a few and they either don’t listen to me and talk all about themselves, talk to me if I was just a co-worker or remind me how much further they are up the food chain w salary and position, new cars, travel and how intelligent their kids are compared to my own (I don’t brag about my kids - they are nice little people who each have strengths and interests if they’d care to know them). So I hope your sister is a good friend and one you enjoy doing things with and having a good deal of nonsense fun - I miss that with my siblings - all of them have “become” adults and don’t have time for that and I’m one of the eldest and a good laugh is always fun but of late that is a no more activity. Can I ask what you all did for fun?

Jen: did your kitchen get done and you are just missing because of the amount of work you have done?!

One: how is your boxing going? Do you live near to London? Do you travel Europe often w being so close?

Uber: how are your edits? Or are you still vacaying at moms cottage? Is that in Cali or close by?

Hello all!

I did an early post of this post so it wouldn’t go way of the dodo bird. Did not weigh this am. I did get to the pool both sat and sun. My shoulder doesn’t allow me to propel through the water so I hung on to the deck and kicked for about 20 mins. Nothing glamorous but it allowed me to engage my belly muscles (do I have any?!) and I woke this am with sore thighs as well from said kicking. So maybe it was a help. I’m sure the old lady on the side of the wall kicking aggressively is a sight! And I’m sunburned from the tourney and the pool both. I was out of face sunblock and forgot my hat - I’m a tad pink and crispy. 😀

Today I’ve got to help kids get fair projects done and clean the house. I’m trying to stick w IF this week. Weekend did not work - too much running and DH feeding! But I did have some success with sticking to it last week. And kids will be going to summer school soon so I can get back to it I think while they go. Sounds dumb but them not being home is a help to what and how I’m eating!

Happy new week all! Maybe I will weigh in but not today. I’m just hopeful that I’m in the 20s and not those dang dreaded 30s I so lovingly get stuck at so often. I’ll try to right the ship and see - so many times I say this but eventually it’s got to work right?!😉

Added to: you know that intro page people can say hi here I am on here? It drives me bonkers to see that 100 people will read a persons hello and no one will post a hello back. I get it you can’t post to everything you read - but I think to keep the site active/and warm a quick hello I recognize you joining is a good thing. Maybe I’m wrong - but I try to post something to say hey back. Alas - I’m kind of aware this morning of odd things - this would be one of them. I think it best I go clean one of my bathrooms and be quiet for the moment. The kids are up, the youngest fed the oldest grumbling. Good thing they’ll be busy soon enough!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 06-25-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #314  
Diane

Sakai: Sounds like you are keeping busy. Weekends are tough to stay on track with food! Hope you made it through with flying colors!

Toasted: That's kind of how I am. If I could just do what needs to be done or a little bit of it, but then I just get to where I want every spot cleaned. Then, it takes forever.... And then I put it off forever..... Ugh!

Jenni: So sorry you have been sick! Should not have to be sick in the summer. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Lemon: Oh boy, fair projects! My kids used to be in 4H, so I had my days of that. It was fun, but caused me added work! I still like to go to the fairs, but it is way more relaxed now. Yeah, everything is wrapped up with my daughter's accident. Glad that is over!

As for me, the weekend was really nice. It turned out that my husband was gone for a lot of it, so my sister and I had lots of time to talk and enjoy. We didn't do too much, but it was nice to just hang out and talk. We keep in touch throughout the year, but having that time face to face is more fun. I'll actually be going to her house at the end of July, but mainly to see her new house. We were talking about weight loss and how my cousin had regained a lot of weight even though she had lost so much with a gastric sleeve thing. My sister told me that she was just so proud of what I've lost and how she felt that I was doing it on my own and it was awesome. It was good to hear that! It actually gave me a little motivation to get back on it and get more of this weight off, so I'm hoping that I can get a good start this week and get my mojo going again!
Old 06-26-2018, 12:02 AM   #315  
Less is more.

Hi all. Doing a fly by post real quick before work.
The weekend was Meh....I did finish my Kitchen but I had a rough weekend food and weight wise. I thought I was doing good, apparently strawberries have enough carbs in them to throw you off ketosis. So Now I know. That and carb free drinks is still alchol and that seems make me a sponge.
I've pictures of the living room and kitchen. I'll have to see about getting them posted.